Why are the 7 Churches in Revelation each greeted differently...

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The biggest obstacle people who believe this face is that Bible clearly says the star fell from heaven, indicating comet, meteor, asteroid, etc.
Yeah, doesn't sound much like a power station at all, does it?

But, if you look at everything else in that verse, it simply lines up. Chernobyl is Russian for Wormwood
Well no, it isn't. "Chernobyl" is Urkrainian for mugwort. Mugwort is a near relative of wormwood, but they're not the same plant. So first no star, second no wormwood.

, the name of the star is Worm wood (Rev 8:11).
Not mugwort.

Chernobyl was located on the Pripyat River which fed into the Dnieper reservoir system, one of the largest surface water systems in Europe. The Bible says it affects a third part of the Rivers, and the fountains of waters.
The Scripture implies that a third of the world's waters are poisoned by the star. That didn't happen after the Chernobly disaster. "A lot of water may have been contaminated" doesn't quite mean the same. does it?

But hey, it didn't fall from heaven, so we can scrap everything else, right?
Considering that of the three claims made to compare the Chernobly disaster to the falling star described in the Revelation, all three are false, yeah, I reckon you can scrap it. Sorry, mate, nothing there.

Upvote 0

watchtower08

Jun 4, 2010
USA
✟22,003.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So if we go for a literal translation: a meteorite, bright and burning, is going to land on 1/3 of the Earth's approximate 300,000 square miles of rivers? I'm sure when that happens, we'll finally all be able to agree, indisputably, that this is the 3rd trumpet. There is already a forum on this site discussing this topic. Nighthawk does a much better job of explaining things. I'm not saying it is the correct theory, just that it is important to keep an open mind about such things. Closed minded Pharisees missed Jesus standing right in front of them, afterall.

Upvote 0