Why are some churches celebrating sinful conduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epthediah

Watching scary movies.
Apr 2, 2019
Oklahoma
✟9,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm on the LGBT spectrum and I am disgusted by churches that go out of their way to acclimate to anti-Christian policy. These churches don't care about the personal salvation of their members, it's all about racking up Good Boy points on social media.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,019.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a news article I found about a church celebrating homosexual pride: First Congregational Church celebrates LGBT Pride, one year of inclusion

Have you read this article?
It says that the church is celebrating its inclusivity - that it welcomes, accepts and is there for ALL. This is how it should be. Jesus ate and drank with tax collectors and sinners and refused to condemn a woman who had been caught in the act of committing adultery. He gave his life for sinners; murderers, rapists, pagans, sexually promiscuous, godless people. If the church was to say "we're not welcoming you until you get rid of your sin and clean yourself up", it would not be acting as Jesus did.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, a New Testament scripture, says that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Neither will thieves, the greedy, drunkards, cheats etc, 1 Corinthians 6:10.
But I've yet to see any church condemning greediness, gossiping, Romans 1:29, arrogance, selfish ambition, Galatians 5:22, dissensions, Galatians 5:22 and other things, in the way that they seem to condemn homosexuality.
I would guess that that's because it's easier to condemn someone for something that we don't do ourselves, than look at our own behaviour and admit that we aren't perfect. Or, as Jesus said, "stop looking at the splinter in someone else's eye when there is a great plank in your own."

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It starts in the seminaries. At first, they hire professors who give lip service to the Bible, but inwardly do not believe it is God's word. These sowers produce a weak crop that cannot withstand cultural pressure. Pastor's become hired hands, unwilling to defend the sheep with their lives.

Later, they hire professors who are openly antagonistic to God's word. These are enemies of God who sow tares in the wheat field, producing a generation of pastors who are wolves in sheep's clothing.

The natural result is a plethora of churches who celebrate evil and invent new ways to profane God.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They do if they become born of God, otherwise they lie and do not walk in the truth.

There are no sanctified homosexuals living in their sin, they die in their sin.
1 Cor 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were [d]sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

There are no extra special bad sins. The wages of sin is death.....for even the smallest sin.

"Homosexual" is a new word invented since the scriptures were written. Originally the word was referring to Sodam, which was an orgy of a city.

Rather than "Homosexual", "Orgy" would be the accurate term. Most gays do not "Orgy." And an "orgy" is not limited to gays. Having lived with gay neighbors for 18 years, they do not "Orgy" as in Sodom.

If you read your (inaccurate) list again, you will notice the other words refer to actions taken. The modern word "Homosexual" is not defined as an action and doesn't belong in that list translation.

When you define sin, you should check with the government first.
1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13:7
Deuteronomy 16:18-20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It starts in the seminaries. At first, they hire professors who give lip service to the Bible, but inwardly do not believe it is God's word. These sowers produce a weak crop that cannot withstand cultural pressure. Pastor's become hired hands, unwilling to defend the sheep with their lives.

Later, they hire professors who are openly antagonistic to God's word. These are enemies of God who sow tares in the wheat field, producing a generation of pastors who are wolves in sheep's clothing.

The natural result is a plethora of churches who celebrate evil and invent new ways to profane God.

"Small" sins are no different from that list.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It says that the church is celebrating its inclusivity - that it welcomes, accepts and is there for ALL. This is how it should be. Jesus ate and drank with tax collectors and sinners and refused to condemn a woman who had been caught in the act of committing adultery. He gave his life for sinners; murderers, rapists, pagans, sexually promiscuous, godless people. If the church was to say "we're not welcoming you until you get rid of your sin and clean yourself up", it would not be acting as Jesus did.

Neither will thieves, the greedy, drunkards, cheats etc, 1 Corinthians 6:10.
But I've yet to see any church condemning greediness, gossiping, Romans 1:29, arrogance, selfish ambition, Galatians 5:22, dissensions, Galatians 5:22 and other things, in the way that they seem to condemn homosexuality.
I would guess that that's because it's easier to condemn someone for something that we don't do ourselves, than look at our own behaviour and admit that we aren't perfect. Or, as Jesus said, "stop looking at the splinter in someone else's eye when there is a great plank in your own."

Note that it's not the type of sin that defines the "Plank" and the "Splinter".

It's the magnitude of the problem. The bigger problem,"the plank"
remains in the eye of the beholder.

In other words, your own sins will be considered the highest priority on judgment day. Not the splinter in the others eye.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,019.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note that it's not the type of sin that defines the "Plank" and the "Splinter".

I know.
My point is that some Christians appear to be quick to condemn homosexuality as a sin, yet neglect the fact that they might sin in their own lives.
God may be just as displeased with their judgemental natures, or their sins of ....., as they think he is with the sin of homosexuality. (If, in fact, it is a sin.)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the church was to say "we're not welcoming you until you get rid of your sin and clean yourself up", it would not be acting as Jesus did.

If the church said this and held to it, it would be completely empty.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know.
My point is that some Christians appear to be quick to condemn homosexuality as a sin, yet neglect the fact that they might sin in their own lives.
God may be just as displeased with their judgemental natures, or their sins of ....., as they think he is with the sin of homosexuality. (If, in fact, it is a sin.)

Homosexuality is considered a sin according to the scriptures but who among us Christians can truly say they are not a sinner? I wish I could.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did you read the article or just the title of the thread? Honestly the title of this thread is misleading. The church is not celebrating homosexuality. They simply provided a safe place for them to meet in hopes that it will open a path for them to come to God.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
This subject is not as clear as some would have you think. Indeed there is some speculation that Paul in Romans 1 was quoting a Jewish diatribe and begins his comments in Romans 2:1. The church in which I am a priest and bishop accepts LGBTQI people as folk for whom Jesus lived and died just like the rest of us. We do not accept homosexuality as any more inherently sinful than heterosexuality and we stand with Jesus in welcoming folk into fellowship regardless of their self-identification sexually.

Jesus was called a glutton and drunkard because He fellowshipped with all kinds of people I and those whom I lead try to emulate His actions.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think homosexuals chose to be gay, just as we heterosexuals didn’t choose to be straight. For this reason, I don’t think it’s possible for LGBT people to be “fixed.” The best that can be done for them is to live a life of perpetual chastity after finding Christ. Yes, it will mean loneliness, but being lonely is better than perdition.
I guess suicide by gospel is another option.

Still my observation about one group of people being required to work harder than anyone else in the church, then the majority group still get to follow the pattern of the world stands.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the article or just the title of the thread? Honestly the title of this thread is misleading. The church is not celebrating homosexuality. They simply provided a safe place for them to meet in hopes that it will open a path for them to come to God.
I read the OP.

I have talked with a young seminary graduate in Taiwan about homosexuality. He told me it was OK with God, and his seminary professors told him so. His mentor after seminary was a gay missionary from California.

This is how The Agenda grows.

• Agree
Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know.
Feel free to use this space as your confessional before you hypocritically call out others. Show us your plank before you address our splinters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read the OP.

I have talked with a young seminary graduate in Taiwan about homosexuality. He told me it was OK with God, and his seminary professors told him so. His mentor after seminary was a gay missionary from California.

Reaching out to sinners is one thing but compromising God’s commandments is another story. Sin is definitely not ok with God and it won’t be forgiven if we continue to indulge in it. The scriptures are clear that repentance is required for salvation.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen and absolutely... and then he said to them, "go and sin no more."

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I read the OP.

A little leaven, leavens the whole loaf.
On Judgement Day, the Judge will judge and He will judge according to what He has already said about sin. and homosexuality is a sin as is any kind of sexual immorality. The scripture call them sodomites or homosexuals and it clearly states they will not inherit the kingdom of God, which means they wont inherit eternal life. I have talked with people who accept the homosexual lifestyle and they have many excuses as to why God is pleased with active homosexuality in their church, one of which is they are monogamous, another God made them that way. and they dont even consider it sinful behavior. And we have also seen this in forum responses. Homosexuality is not sanctified by God and those persons are dead in their sin. If you believe Paul's warning to the church, which apparently many today dont.

Paul said if a brother is living an immoral life and practices sins, to kick them out of the Church, cause God judges them who are outside of the church, and the church is to judge them who are in the church, so cast out the evil person from among you, you are not to keep company with them. You are supposed to warn them of judgement.
1 Corinthians 5
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Pretty much this warning many church people today despise in the scripture.
They leaven their loaf in their church by their inaction and failures to believe what God said. Just end time churches falling away from God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is a news article I found about a church celebrating homosexual pride: First Congregational Church celebrates LGBT Pride, one year of inclusion

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, a New Testament scripture, says that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This verse is even more severe than the Old Testament verse Leviticus 20:13, which proscribes the death penalty for sodomy. Why? Because perdition is eternal, but death is only temporary.

Why are there churches that celebrate homosexual pride? It isn’t different than celebrating pride in other types of sins such as adultery, thievery, perversity, etc.
A lot of changes have been made in certain churches over the past half-century or so, all intended to attract target groups of people who were supposed to have been alienated by the church. Although the hope was that membership overall would increase, most of the time the result was more of the existing members leaving in response to these changes than new people showing up from the targeted groups.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.