Why are some churches celebrating sinful conduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
In which case we can hardly call such people "homosexuals"... They are celibate or in a heterosexual relationship.

Um. Ok. Then what are they?

Homosexuality and heterosexuality aren't just about action, they're about desire. About which gender you are innately attracted to.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
You may not realise that the actions referred to were promiscuity
and sex outside of marriage.
But then, just like now, monomany
is not well supported like it should be.

Even in this forum, people think gays should abandon
their mates. "More sins can fix sins" they think. Leave
your partner and God will smile!
They do if they become born of God, otherwise they lie and do not walk in the truth.

There are no sanctified homosexuals living in their sin, they die in their sin.
1 Cor 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were [d]sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Here is a news article I found about a church celebrating homosexual pride: First Congregational Church celebrates LGBT Pride, one year of inclusion

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, a New Testament scripture, says that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This verse is even more severe than the Old Testament verse Leviticus 20:13, which proscribes the death penalty for sodomy. Why? Because perdition is eternal, but death is only temporary.

Why are there churches that celebrate homosexual pride? It isn’t different than celebrating pride in other types of sins such as adultery, thievery, perversity, etc.
Some churches celebrate idolatry of their doctrines, but good question - I think it relates to the nature of Evangelical belief. Evangelical churches (at least in my observation) have this belief that the bible is true and you should follow what it says, but have one blindspot per congregation that allows people to relax and socialize. This blindspot convention resulted in forms of hyper evangelicalism that have a blindspot for homosexuality, but would have the same attitudes as other churches toward heterosexuality.

Upvote 0

Yahkov

Jul 18, 2019
Texas
✟13,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

As sad as it sounds, I am not surprised. But hopefully this answers why.

Upvote 0

Pooja Sadhu

Jul 20, 2019
Delhi
✟1,898.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

As sad as it sounds, I am not surprised. But hopefully this answers why.

It seems like some of these renegade churches have made active homosexuality into a badge of honor. For them, it’s sacramental. They know not God’s word, but the word of secular man. As Christians, we are supposed to be not of this world, but of God’s kingdom. The renegades seem not to believe that, instead believing they are part of the world and entirely forgoing their place in the heavenly realm. The Lord our god isn’t pleased with them.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is truly depressing. Jesus spoke in Matthew 22:36 through verse 40, very clearly. Unfortunately, some people don't agree with each other. In Ephesians, Paul wrote about changing from the old man to the new man. But some Christians don't follow that. How are sinners to be led to Christ, if some people who call themselves Christian don't even have it down? I'm not going to throw the first stone, because I've been a hypocrite myself, but even if homosexuals sin against God, doesn't mean our responsibility to love them like Christ does changes. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe homosexuality is right, it is an ABOMINATION to God, and should be to us as well.

However, they need a reason to change. As well as a desire to leave their past behind.

Like what Jesus told the disciples before he sent them abroad, if that city does not accept you, then shake off the dust and move on. It would be worse than Sodom and Gomorrah for them.

Upvote 0

Pooja Sadhu

Jul 20, 2019
Delhi
✟1,898.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is truly depressing. Jesus spoke in Matthew 22:36 through verse 40, very clearly. Unfortunately, some people don't agree with each other. In Ephesians, Paul wrote about changing from the old man to the new man. But some Christians don't follow that. How are sinners to be led to Christ, if some people who call themselves Christian don't even have it down? I'm not going to throw the first stone, because I've been a hypocrite myself, but even if homosexuals sin against God, doesn't mean our responsibility to love them like Christ does changes. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe homosexuality is right, it is an ABOMINATION to God, and should be to us as well.

However, they need a reason to change. As well as a desire to leave their past behind.

Like what Jesus told the disciples before he sent them abroad, if that city does not accept you, then shake off the dust and move on. It would be worse than Sodom and Gomorrah for them.

Active homosexuals are allowed to repent and accept Jesus as their savior, then go on to live godly lives. However, the key word is “repent.” To repent means they must forgo their gay proclivities and conduct, and then embrace a life a chastity and wholesomeness. We ought to welcome such people into our faith with open arms. But to celebrate unrepentant homosexuals is an affront to the teachings found in the Bible. It must not be allowed. The churches who teach the LGBT lifestyle as something virtuous and rightful will surely face the wrath of God.

Upvote 0

Yahkov

Jul 18, 2019
Texas
✟13,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Makes me wonder if a church celebrating homosexuality alongside homosexuals thinks that this is showing love. Why not instead echo Christ? “We do not condemn you, go and sin no more.”

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Active homosexuals are allowed to repent and accept Jesus as their savior, then go on to live godly lives. However, the key word is “repent.” To repent means they must forgo their gay proclivities and conduct, and then embrace a life a chastity and wholesomeness. We ought to welcome such people into our faith with open arms. But to celebrate unrepentant homosexuals is an affront to the teachings found in the Bible. It must not be allowed. The churches who teach the LGBT lifestyle as something virtuous and rightful will surely face the wrath of God.

Transformation of the sexuality part of the mind and heart is something most heterosexual Christians cannot do, since it is on the foundational level of the psyche. However, it's expected of homosexuals to get this issue fixed immediately, so the hypocrisy tends to force them to have churches where they can also experience the grace of God. Perhaps that's one of the reasons, probably anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here is a news article I found about a church celebrating homosexual pride: First Congregational Church celebrates LGBT Pride, one year of inclusion

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, a New Testament scripture, says that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This verse is even more severe than the Old Testament verse Leviticus 20:13, which proscribes the death penalty for sodomy. Why? Because perdition is eternal, but death is only temporary.

Why are there churches that celebrate homosexual pride? It isn’t different than celebrating pride in other types of sins such as adultery, thievery, perversity, etc.
I suppose it's because of business. Churches now are businesses and since it's very looked down on to be against homosexuality then that can cause the church to lose it's members hence lose profit.

One is that some are just trying to use Jesus' examples with the tax collectors and adulterers, you know.. the sinners most of the religious people disliked. Remember when they would comment about how Jesus allowed some sinner/adulterer to touch him, or even go near him? Same thing with todays christians. I do think some christians have these but in terms of the heads of the church, I believe it is the earlier.

Contrary, i can look at it on a positive note. Christianity is not Islam, our God is not a God of submission. He is the "light". We must be kind to others, even if their life style may seem sinful because we are not better than them regardless of what we believe.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pooja Sadhu

Jul 20, 2019
Delhi
✟1,898.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Transformation of the sexuality part of the mind and heart is something most heterosexual Christians cannot do, since it is on the foundational level of the psyche. However, it's expected of homosexuals to get this issue fixed immediately, so the hypocrisy tends to force them to have churches where they can also experience the grace of God. Perhaps that's one of the reasons, probably anyway.

I don’t think homosexuals chose to be gay, just as we heterosexuals didn’t choose to be straight. For this reason, I don’t think it’s possible for LGBT people to be “fixed.” The best that can be done for them is to live a life of perpetual chastity after finding Christ. Yes, it will mean loneliness, but being lonely is better than perdition.

Upvote 0

Pooja Sadhu

Jul 20, 2019
Delhi
✟1,898.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose it's because of business. Churches now are businesses and since it's very looked down on to be against homosexuality then that can cause the church to lose it's members hence lose profit.

One is that some are just trying to use Jesus' examples with the tax collectors and adulterers, you know.. the sinners most of the religious people disliked. Remember when they would comment about how Jesus allowed some sinner/adulterer to touch him, or even go near him? Same thing with todays christians. I do think some christians have these but in terms of the heads of the church, I believe it is the earlier.

Pro-gay churches, and liberal churches in general, are actually losing congregants. You can read all about it here: https://juicyecumenism.com/2016/06/09/autopsy-dead-ucc-congregation/

On the other hand, conservative churches that actually preach the true Word of God and growing, more and more. If churches want to be viable, then they will preach the Word of God instead of the word of secular man. Your theory of churches having to become liberal to sustain their memberships therefore doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I agree. I'm simply saying without a reason, be it fear of God or something worse, they won't change. People are made in God's image. Does that mean that God is the original source of feelings like love and hate? I agree they must repent and change. But our jobs as Christians is to Reprove their actions and tell them what their doing wrong, invite them to Church and pray for their souls. Not to Convert or hate them for not being right.

They need a good reason to change. Not everyone will make it through the "Narrow Way" you know.

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said that even if a man looks on a woman to lust after her commits adultery with her in his heart. Therefore, in the same way that lustful thoughts toward a member of the opposite gender are sinful, lustful thoughts against someone of the same gender is equally sinful, even though no actual sinful act has occurred.

That's true. However, Scripture draws a distinct line between entertaining the idea of committing a sin (whether that's lust, murder or whatever) and temptation. Temptation is not a sin. We know this because, even though Christ was tempted, He was still sinless. We still need to go to God to help us fight temptation, because temptation can lead us into sin, but temptation in and of itself is not a sin.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Hold the phone! I never said to celebrate them. It is true that some churches allow this, but God WILL deal with them. Plus the Church isn't just a building but the people who God draws there. With that logic in mind, the church's who allow such evil, are not churches but cults.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The world is full of people who think they are better than God, and twist the bible to fit their lifestyles, instead of conforming to God's will. These "Casual" Christians are in for a terribly rude awakening.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

To me it seems like a way to reach out to LGBT advocates to bring them to God. I don’t think the church is actually celebrating homosexuality but instead offering them a safe place to meet. Here’s a quote that I believe supports my position.

"I hope there are LGBT people out there who can find us," Schiavone said. "I hope we can help them on their journey and help them find their way to God."

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think this is a very relevant passage of scripture brothers and sisters.

“But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum? ” When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭2:16-17‬

Or perhaps

“Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else: “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:9-14‬

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a form of antinomianism which has the erroneous belief that Jesus loves us no matter what we believe or do. It is a shortcut to hell.
He does love us no matter what we do... but there is no room for darkness among the light. So though He loves the sinner, He won't tolerate the sin and it will be punishable. :(

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The world is full of people who think they are better than God, and twist the bible to fit their lifestyles, instead of conforming to God's will. These "Casual" Christians are in for a terribly rude awakening.
Casual or not... the guilt here is in the idea that because we are making new rules for modern times... we are recreating GOD in our own image. In a sense, we have become the idol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.