Sarasota, FL
✟15,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
I have noticed that when a Christian single mother asks how good Christian men feel about single mothers, often times it is assumed that the single mother made a "mistake" or was a "fornicator" in which conceived the child out of wedlock....this seems to be assumed almost always from Christian men as I have seen.

This is frustrating to me and I am sure to others in the same situation because I am a pregnant woman who is married and my husband committed adultery and then abandoned me and our unborn child. There was no "mistake" made by me, my child was planned and conceived within wedlock with no intention of being raised in a fatherless family. Unfortunately my husband chose lust over his marriage and child.

Will good, Christian men always see my son and I and assume that I have a bad past and made a "mistake"?

-abandonedchristianmommy

• Prayers
Reactions: Caterpillar5

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed that when a Christian single mother asks how good Christian men feel about single mothers, often times it is assumed that the single mother made a "mistake" or was a "fornicator" in which conceived the child out of wedlock....this seems to be assumed almost always from Christian men as I have seen.
It's often assumed because it is frequently true.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That gives us not in that situation a big disadvantage for finding a GOOD husband it seems.
It sucks, that's for sure. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Certainly you have sympathies.

But your case is rather unique. Which makes it even sadder, in my opinion.

Either way, hope things turn out okay for you and your family. :(

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not if you find a good Christian man, my wife had 3 kids when we met, and married 17 years ago.
There is no shortage of self proclaimed Christians that judge others without knowing anything.
God does have a plan for your life, so keep a close relationship with Him, and let Him guide you.

Upvote 0

Alexandra S.

Mar 13, 2018
Sarasota, FL
✟15,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Not if you find a good Christian man, my wife had 3 kids when we met, and married 17 years ago.
There is no shortage of self proclaimed Christians that judge others without knowing anything.
God does have a plan for your life, so keep a close relationship with Him, and let Him guide you.
Thank you so much for such an encouraging comment. I shouldn't worry about if or when I find the husband I am meant for, instead know God will bring him to me when the time is right.

Upvote 0

Caterpillar5

Feb 13, 2018
Midwest
✟12,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is frustrating to me and I am sure to others in the same situation because I am a pregnant woman who is married and my husband committed adultery and then abandoned me and our unborn child. There was no "mistake" made by me, my child was planned and conceived within wedlock with no intention of being raised in a fatherless family. Unfortunately my husband chose lust over his marriage and child.

Will good, Christian men always see my son and I and assume that I have a bad past and made a "mistake"?

-abandonedchristianmommy

My heart goes out to you!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I shouldn't worry about if or when I find the husband I am meant for, instead know God will bring him to me when the time is right.
Realize the enemy will bring perhaps dozens BEFORE God says it is the right time.
Just as the enemy brought one already (that left).
The wrong ones far outnumber the "right ones".

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
These days it's good to be firmly planted in the faith and keeping your eyes
on the Lord, cause the ol' devil be prowling around seeking to ensnare those
who be weak in the faith.
Do you have christian mentors and prayer warriors on this situation?

As for good christian men thoughts on single and or divorced moms that
be a subject for another day...it be enough for you to concentrate on having a healthy pregnancy and having things fixed up for the new arrival.
You going to be busy enough once the baby is born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums