Why are parents not teaching sex education.

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard all the arguments now here are the facts. Your teens are having sex, my first sexual encounter was with a girl at church. My parents taught me about condoms. It is not just pregnancy. There is a disease it is called HIV and it is still fatal properly used condoms are 90/95 percent effective against stds such as HIV. And please no ( well our kids should obey the bible...when you hit puberty your hormones go insane, you do stuff without thinking about the consequences...your kids will look at you and say yes mom and dad i will never have sex...your kids are lying. Proper sex education helps prevent, stds, unwanted pregnancies, and even rape. It is not just about the bible or pregnancy. Preparing your children for the real world can literally save there life. I had few friends from childhood who dies from HIV, your want to know what is sad, they all came from a Christian family and was taught abstinence only...WHICH DOES NOT WORK!!!!! Children especially teenagers are going to screw up...it is our job as parents to make sure our kids are prepared. My mom was almost raped in college, she told the guy she had herpes he needed to use a condom. She did not and she was hoping it would help protect her either the guy would back off or use a condom and she would not get pregnant or an std. Her father grandfather made sure his daughter knew how to protect herself, my mom did the the same with her daughter. Why are Christian parent not protecting there children. You tell your kids the risks, they should wait for marriage, but if they are not going to they should at least know about birth control
Christian sex education:

Fornication is a sin against God and our own bodies.

The Christian parent then provides good example of faithfulness: no fornication if single and no adultery if married.

And then a spiritual household of love, consistent rule of Christ, and help in time of need.

In the end, people are going to do what they want, whether to give themselves to the Lord, or to the world.

If the world, then the Christian parent decides how to handle the fall out.

Upvote 0

Paradox.79

Jun 27, 2021
Indianapolis
✟10,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Christian sex education:

Fornication is a sin against God and our own bodies.

The Christian parent then provides good example of faithfulness: no fornication if single and no adultery if married.

And then a spiritual household of love, consistent rule of Christ, and help in time of need.

In the end, people are going to do what they want, whether to give themselves to the Lord, or to the world.

If the world, then the Christian parent decides how to handle the fall out.

My friends conservative Christian view in telling there son about condoms and telling them condoms do not work...led to him not using condom and having sex with a girl with HIV. A parents job is to clothe feed school teach moral and educate there children about the real world. If my friends parents had told there son the truth there is 98.9 chance he still be alive. Kids do stupid stuff especially as teenagers. Very few kids control their teenage hormones. I was raised in the church I believe in god...but I also believe kids do stupid stuff know matter what you tell them. I told my kids about condoms birth control...I told them they should wait till marriage but since I could not watch my teenage children 24/7 I made sure that had all education

Upvote 0