Why are many conservatives still afraid to speak up for being called bad names?

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are right that only one side threw the first stone, but besides that point people saying that doesn't really offend me nor I disagree with it.
When and where was that first stone thrown?

Upvote 0

Markstrimaran

May 19, 2019
Midwest
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so then God understood it was sin and wasn't desirable to him, but it's been predestined to happen at this specific point in life anyway.
At least God could have allowed me to be born before all this so today I would be over 55 and already have lived a full life here without it being disrupted, but no.
Then also what's the point of campaigning to change things like abortion legislation?
I don't really feel that excited about the traditional Christian vision of heaven, I don't want it to come off as disrespectful but that's what I think.

Well in 1949 Israel became a nation.
1967 Muslim attempt to conquer
1973 Muslim attempt to conquer
1983 Jimmy Carter peace plan
1995? Bill Clinton's peace plan
1999 The left behind books series.

The saga has been going on for 71 years. It has started revivals in 1968 1976 1984. As of recently in this century their has been a huge falling away, of the body of Christ.
So sad but again more fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is particularly curious given that most of these same people have no problem in bullying or using bad names when speaking of moderates or leftists.

Could you provide examples of bullying of leftists by conservatives?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people that are considered conservative are actually just the non leftists you referred to. those people are not motivated by politics. Unlike leftist who live and breath politics 24/7 and whose whole self image and idea of their self worth depends upon their political beliefs, these people get their self worth from what they themselves do and just wish to be left alone as much a s possible by an increasingly micro managing government. Their inclination is to flee not to fight. Thia is why they move from California or New York to places where they hope to find they will find less intrusion into their personal lives by the smothering maternalism of the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
maternalism Many people that are considered conservative are actually just the non leftists you referred to. those people are not motivated by politics. Unlike leftist who live and breath politics 24/7 and whose whole self image and idea of their self worth depends upon their political beliefs, these people get their self worth from what they themselves do and just wish to be left alone as much a s possible by an increasingly micro managing government. Their inclination is to flee not to fight. Thia is why they move from California or New York to places where they hope to find they will find less intrusion into their personal lives by the smothering maternalism of the left.

You have a very strange and very wrong idea of the motivations and behaviours of those of us on the left. Have you ever seriously questioned the sources of your opinions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He was painting with a very broad brush like "smothering materialism of the left".
Okay, but your response personalized that observation about leftist politics in general by making it instead be about a "wrong idea of the motivations and behaviours of those of us on the left."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
of those of us on the left.

You have a very strange and very wrong idea of the motivations and behaviours of those of us on the left. Have you ever seriously questioned the sources of your opinions?

I am the source of my opinions and I constantly question myself as to whether I am correct or not , its called critical thinking . You might like to try it sometime. . And I'm still waiting for an example of conservatives bullying leftists.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is particularly curious given that most of these same people have no problem in bullying or using bad names when speaking of moderates or leftists.

Very true. And that's not to mention that they support Donald Trump, who is notoriously known for bullying, mocking and insulting people that he doesn't like (either alive or dead people).

Personally speaking from almost 30 years of experience, I've been called all sorts of unsavory names by conservatives over the years. I've been called a traitor, squaw, liar, godless, Demoncrat, and a few profane names, including what people call a female dog. I've been pushed and kicked. There was one very angry conservative who told me that the entire worth of NDNs could be found at the bottom of a whiskey bottle and that the only good NDN is a dead NDN. I heard "Drunken' Injun" a lot too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Very true, and that's not to mention that they support Donald Trump, who is notoriously known for bullying, mocking and insulting people that he doesn't like (either alive or dead people).

Personally speaking from almost 30 years of experience, I've been called all sorts of unsavory names by conservatives over the years. I've been called a traitor, squaw, liar, godless, Demoncrat, and a few profane names, including what people call a female dog. I've been pushed and kicked. There was one very angry conservative who told me that the entire worth of NDNs could be found at the bottom of a whiskey bottle and that the only good NDN is a dead NDN. I heard "Drunken' Injun" a lot too.

My personal all time favourite was "Spawn of Satan".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't heard that one before, but I have heard some conservatives IRL calling liberals evil and insisting liberals can't be true Christians. I've heard this accusation several times over the years.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It has me worried about the future of the US and western society if even a lot of those on the right or lean conservative have been pacified and bullied into not speaking up out of fear of being called bad names by the opposition.

I even question if conservatives or just non-leftists even want to save their own culture.
Because deep down conservatives know that they're wrong, usually racist or hateful in some way or another, so they are afraid of speaking up because they know they'll get called out and shut down.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't heard that one before, but I have heard some conservatives IRL calling liberals evil and insisting liberals can't be true Christians. I've heard this accusation several times over the years.

I get that on a near daily basis.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because deep down conservatives know that they're wrong, usually racist or hateful in some way or another, so they are afraid of speaking up because they know they'll get called out and shut down.
Your comment is wrong, offensive and terribly contentious.

Upvote 0

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I know that many people are offended when some other people try to say "everyone's doing it" or "both sides do it" when, in truth, it is one side that started it and has made it a specialty.

I see one person trying to extend an olive branch in this discussion, and the other saying "it's all the other side's fault" - as a centrist, what am I to infer from this exchange?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I see one person trying to extend an olive branch in this discussion, and the other saying "it's all the other side's fault" - as a centrist, what am I to infer from this exchange?
A quick survey of 40 posts doesn't clearly show me the ones you are thinking of. Could you be more specific?

Upvote 0