Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Megachihuahua said:
I don't get it, why are liberals liberal? I don't know. Do they realize faacism doens't work? Nothing they suggest make sense except a few things like food stamps, and it is full of contradictions. Please help me!

Having moderated a political war zone site for years, then another for the past few years, seeing liberals duke it out with conservatives I have often pondered long and hard that very point.

Basically, the real difference between a liberal and a conservative is how they approach life. A LIBERAL decides what HE thinks is right FIRST, then projects all his efforts and thinking towards defending the original premise. No amount of reality is allowed to deter that original idea. It is locked in stone, never to be changed.

A conservative, starts exactly the same way. However, and this is critical differnce, the conservative begins to interject reality into the process, he observes results, accumulates information, he or she, CHANGES that original position as a result of observed results.

A liberal holds on forever, no matter what, he thinks with is heart, not his head.

My two cents on the matter.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you have it backwards, the conservative by his very nature is resitant to change.

A Conservative resists change, a Liberal embraces change. A liberal identifies with the poor and downtrodden and wishes to treat them as s/he would want to be treated. A conservative is more interested in insuring he doesn't become part of the poor and downtrodden. Conservatives seek to preserve order, Liberals seek to expand liberty.

Bruce S said:
Having moderated a political war zone site for years, then another for the past few years, seeing liberals duke it out with conservatives I have often pondered long and hard that very point.

Basically, the real difference between a liberal and a conservative is how they approach life. A LIBERAL decides what HE thinks is right FIRST, then projects all his efforts and thinking towards defending the original premise. No amount of reality is allowed to deter that original idea. It is locked in stone, never to be changed.

A conservative, starts exactly the same way. However, and this is critical differnce, the conservative begins to interject reality into the process, he observes results, accumulates information, he or she, CHANGES that original position as a result of observed results.

A liberal holds on forever, no matter what, he thinks with is heart, not his head.

My two cents on the matter.

Upvote 0

La Bonita Zorilla

Diana's Quiver Bearer
Mar 25, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟2,855.00
Faith
Methodist
Bruce S said:

Interesting points, Bruce, and I agree this is true for some; however, one could reverse your positionings of the words "liberal" and "conservative" and it would be just as true for as many or more.

What do you say of those who have worked both sides of the street: conservatives who became liberal, like David Brock and Arianna Huffington, or (I would not consider them ever as having been liberal) leftists who turned conservative like David Horowitz and the Medved Brothers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Malone1234

Sep 3, 2003
✟279.00
Liberal politicians desire power, power, and more power. This is absolutely the ONLY reason they do anything. They react to the expediency factors of the moment. If a group of voters want more welfare money, than liberal politicians will pass a law giving them more welfare money with zero regard for the long term consequences.

If a larger group of voters wanted welfare to be entirely repealed then in theory liberal politicians would pass a law to get rid of welfare. However, this has never been the case and probably never will be. There will always be more voters who want government handouts than there will be voters who want fair and consistent laws. And liberal politicians will always cater to the former group because that's how they get reelected.

Now when it comes to liberal theology, I haven't much to say because I'm not very well versed in theology period.

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Megachihuahua said:
I don't get it, why are liberals liberal? I don't know. Do they realize faacism doens't work? Nothing they suggest make sense except a few things like food stamps, and it is full of contradictions. Please help me!

Facism is the far right, communism is the far left. I have no idea why people always get this wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Rayosun said:
It's CONSERVATIVE politicians who desire power, power, and more power. This is absolutely the ONLY reason they do anything. They react to the expediency factors of the moment.

General statements like this generally expose people's over-generalizations.

Upvote 0
Aaron11 said:
General statements like this generally expose people's over-generalizations.
Aaron,
If you are trying to make a point about LOGIC, go back and study the problem of "taking quotes out of context". I was responding to a Conservative making a totally incoherent statement. If anything, you should have taken us both to task, although IMHO mine is a lot more defensible.

Upvote 0

heb12-2

Aug 7, 2003
✟298.00
Rayosun said:
For anyone wanting to know why Jesus Christ is the epitome of Liberalism (properly understood), then go to the LiberalsLikeChrist . org web site . I can't use links yet, but some of you veterans may want to use them for me to direct others to various parts of our mega "Liberals Like Christ" site.

That website is blasphemous and the biggest misrepresentation of Jesus. It's disgusting.

The site uses vulgarity and curse words and ascribes them to Jesus.

The site twists Jesus' words. But here is where I am puzzled. The site doesn't even believe that the Bible is the Word of God, so why does it even quote what Jesus said, much less twist it? If the owner of the website doesn't even hold the Bible in reverence and respect, then how can we accept that his representation of Jesus is out of respect for our Lord and Saviour?

On the front page, it says that the gospels portray Jesus as "one of the most Liberal religious leaders who ever lived". Nothing could be further from the truth. Jesus "liberated" the captives and the oppressed, and he was a "liberal" giver, but he was NOT "liberal" in his teaching or in morality. Jesus was not anything like religious liberals.

The website said, "Christian conservatives follow Paul, not Jesus". Well if Paul followed Jesus (1 Cor. 11:1), then tell me how that works out.

In another place, the website touted Bill Clinton's "honesty" and said that he never found a lie that Bill Clinton told. Give me a break. I don't even have to answer that one.

While we're talking about Bill Clinton, I wonder if Jesus approved of the former president's ungodly and immoral behavior. I wonder if Jesus was a liberal as Bill when he said, "Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Mt 5:28).

Anyone that thinks Jesus was as liberal as Bill Clinton needs to go back to school and take a reading comprehension class.

Upvote 0

Malone1234

Sep 3, 2003
✟279.00
Sorry to get off the topic of liberal theology again, but I feel I must enlighten Rayosun.

LIBERAL politicians are the ones who identify with the poor and the powerless. They fought for blacks when they were SLAVES and had no power or money at all to reward them with. The couldn't even VOTE for those politicians, for God's sake.

Interesting...and WHY did these liberal politicians do all this? Well let's see, by the 1960's blacks represented a huge POTENTIAL pool of voters. If the liberals could SOMEHOW get the blacks on their side, by say...instituting civil rights laws, then the liberals would have more POWER to defeat the conservatives! Look at groups of people like welfare recipients, senior citizens (Social Security recipients), and low income families and you will begin to see just what it is liberal politicians are after.

Also, look at all the government bureaucracies in this country. Take a poll at the career bureaucrats there. Do you find them to be conservative or libertarian? No, government employees are OVERWHELMINGLY liberal (typically registered Democrats). Now tell me where the power lies in our government, and who desires it most.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.