Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't get it, why are liberals liberal? I don't know. Do they realize faacism doens't work? Nothing they suggest make sense except a few things like food stamps, and it is full of contradictions. Please help me!

DoomMoose

I have Head Pigeons
Aug 19, 2003
A Cardboard Box
✟8,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Fine

I don't get it, why are liberals liberal? I don't know. Do they realize faacism doens't work? Nothing they suggest make sense except a few things like food stamps, and it is full of contradictions. Please help me!

Liberals are liberal because if the world were full of nothing but closed
minded people who only wanted things thier way,then the world would
be a much worse place.

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
World heroin capital(Baltimore), Maryland
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
O.k., I'll try this again.
I want to know why liberals are liberal. Their agenda is based on Marx, Stalin's friend, the mass murder. And their policy toward everything is "if it feels good, do it" Dut the Ussr only lasted 70 years. And look at Berlin. Capitalists flourished, commies tried to be capitalist.

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
DoomMoose said:
Fine

Liberals are liberal because if the world were full of nothing but closed
minded people who only wanted things thier way,then the world would
be a much worse place.
Close minded? But the Swedes passed a law that made speaking against homos illegal, even in church.

Upvote 0

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
DoomMoose said:
How Horrible.

The word "Homos" is deragatory.
And another thing I don't understand is why they insist on using insults typical of a fourth grader!
(Is Hetro insulting? Not to me.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Megachihuahua

Ex-Christian
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
✟17,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
notto said:
You seem to be confusing liberal theology (which is the topic of this forum) with liberal politics. Perhaps you should take your question to the politics board.
Whats the diffrence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Megachihuahua said:
O.k., I'll try this again.
I want to know why liberals are liberal. Their agenda is based on Marx, Stalin's friend, the mass murder. And their policy toward everything is "if it feels good, do it" Dut the Ussr only lasted 70 years. And look at Berlin. Capitalists flourished, commies tried to be capitalist.

Most liberals don't base their agenda on Marx, especially not liberal Christians. The model of the early Church beats Marxism any day.

Most liberal theologians don't have a "feels good" policy.

Upvote 0

leecappella

<font size="3&quot ;>DO
Mar 28, 2003
Visit site
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Megachihuahua said:

me: Likewise, why are conservatives, conservative? Just wanted to add that. Your question does beg this one :wave:

Upvote 0

heb12-2

Aug 7, 2003
✟298.00
fragmentsofdreams said:
While liberal politics and liberal theology have some points of contact (such as social justice issues), they are not the same.

Actually, the mentalities of liberals and conservatives are generally the same in principle, whether it's politics or religion.

Liberals see the need to change in order to adapt to a changing world. Conservatives are content with what is tried and true, and see no need to fix what isn't broken?

These mentalities are essentially the same, in both politics and religion. Religious liberals believe that some of the things in the Bible are out of date and needs to be modernized. Religious conservatives believe the Bible is fine just the way it is, and it needs no revision.

These clashes are strikingly similar in politics. Here's a case in point. Look at these two menalities:

Thomas Jefferson was a "strict constructionist", meaning he believed the government could only do things that were authorized by the constitution.

Alexander Hamilton was a "loose constructionist", meaning he believed that the government could do anything that was not specifically forbidden in the constitution.

When Alexander Hamilton wanted to build a nation bank, his reasoning was that since there wasn't a "thou shalt not" in the constitution, then it should be allowed.

But Thomas Jefferson opposed the building of a nation bank. His reasoning was that the constitution gave no authority for it.

Are you seeing some similarities? Really, it is these two mentalities that divide people both in politics and religion. It's just that religion is more important.

We might say liberals in religion are "loose constructionists" in their thinking toward the Bible (anything goes, unless there is a specific "thou shalt not"; and even then with some it is allowed).

We might say conservatives in religion are "strict constructionists" in their thinking toward the Bible (must have authority for what is practiced, and careful not to go beyond what is written.)

"My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:" (Prov. 24:21).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.