• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Why are highly educated and trained professionals refusing to vaccinate?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,009
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I corrected myself. He alluded to injecting disinfectant. And he clearly said that.

You may have that "madman" but he's never said anything as batpoop crazy as this. And this was a COHERENT bunch of nonsense Trump shared. Dr Birx's reaction to this looked unbelievably uncomfortable.

His TRUE word salads sound like someone buzzing on adderall.....hey...wait a sec!

2. pacomascarot

pacomascarot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    Doesn't sound like it. But frankly I couldn't care less either way. I don't really respect you so I don't really care what you think of me. Sorry.

3. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,009
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    But it is. I included a list of 63 studies that was ignore.

Fair enough. But don't say it's not true.

4. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
  5. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+23,314
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Respectfully, 'many' is always a relative word. How many people called poison control about taking bovine antibiotics for the flu?

The numbers from FL and CA imply more than a hundred cases nationwide. And that's for people who called poison control. The actual number who took animal medicine is probably in the thousands. That's many.

I can name more politicians who have taken ivermectin than I can name politicians who turned themselves blue with colloidal silver.

6. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,919
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Nope. The study shows that the vaccines fail to slow the transmission of the disease. In fact, they may accelerate it.

That's not to take anything away from the individual protection that vaccines provide against severe outcomes from COVID, but it sure makes the argument that the vaccines will put an end to COVID sound silly.

7. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    Bearing false witness is the new virtue.

As I noted to this poster earlier: even if you do find articles which suggest face mask wearing isn't effective you are stuck with two choices. Only one of them will be the rational choice and that is to wear the masks. If one doesn't wear the masks and they are effective that person is responsible for making people sick and possibly dying.

8. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    A very warped perspective, one you are fully entitled to!

9. hislegacy

hislegacy A child at 20 weeks

+10,464
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    We got that the first six times.

There just is not an agreement on its accuracy. I don’t think repeating again will make it more accepted.

10. hislegacy

hislegacy A child at 20 weeks

+10,464
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    You should come visit.

Low taxes
    low crime rate
    No mask mandates
    Friendly people
    Good food
    All kinds of job opportunities
    Good churches

It would be a refreshing change for you.

11. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,445
    Pentecostal
    Therefore you are a better Christian? By attacking believers who don't believe that masks are effective while holding up your own standard as being the rational and conservative you are saying you are better than them.

Especially when the bible doesn't address mask wearing.

12. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,445
    Pentecostal
    Your first point is a good argument for vaccines. Stick with that.

Feel free to argue away for getting vaccinated. Perhaps you might convince someone. Just don't mandate it. It's none of your business.

13. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,919
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    From your link;

There is a general perception in Germany that the mandatory use of face masks in public reduces COVID-19 incidences considerably. This perception stems mainly from the city of Jena. After face masks became mandatory between 1 April and 10 April 2020 the number of new infections fell almost to zero.

Well, let's take a closer look at Germany's number of new infections;

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.25.40 PM.png

Hmm. What the heck happened in October? If this study is correct and it was the introduction of face masks that kept new infections at 0, why on earth did they skyrocket so high in the fall and winter months? No change in mask mandates was made. So why the spike? And why do NONE of these studies ever study the time period when the spikes occur? They always study a time period when cases are dropping, as I showed with the CDC study earlier today, and totally ignore the data that demonstrably proves their hypothesis is incorrect.

Now check this out;
    COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

14. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+3,057
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I never said "no natural medicine is science based"
    But when "natural" medicine is validated by the scientific method then sure it becomes evidence based.

For people that are interested in "natural medicines" I certainly would advise them to investigate what evidence based studies have been performed on the efficacy of that medicine.
    There are a huge amount of natural remedies out there that don't work at all, and some are even dangerous, and some lead to the extinction or endangerment of various species.

When worried about side effects of medicine, people should weigh that up with the side effects of the disease that the medicine is preventing or curing.

15. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,919
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
  16. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,009
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    False. They fail to slow the "SPREAD of disease through an unspecified portion of the population". That is NOT the transmission.
    They fail to slow the spread of the disease.

The fact that more unvaccinated people are getting sick in one country than another doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work.

17. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+3,057
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    There are many people who investigate moon landings and reach the conclusion that they are all fake.
    There are many people who read up a great deal of QAnon material and consider the USA 2020 election to have been stolen or Democrats to be in a satanic paedophile ring.

Just because people investigate and read stuff, it doesn't mean they have come to the correct conclusions.

18. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+7,116
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Influenza is not covid. It isn't even in the same viral family as covid. Influenza spreads much more through surface contact than covid.

19. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,445
    Pentecostal
    Your in lockdown because you have people in power who think they know best for you and everyone else.

Small pox vaccines and the reasons for them are quite different than the COVID vaccines. Quit trying to equate the two. The disease and vaccines are not the same.

20. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,445
    Pentecostal
    If I believe I am right, why would I be judged. After all I am basing my belief on the science that tells me mask mandates don't really help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.