• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Why are highly educated and trained professionals refusing to vaccinate?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hislegacy

hislegacy Biden turns his back.

+10,458
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    What you think you established is based on the false assumption that I am of low ability.

2. hislegacy

+10,458
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    And yet, here you are on a Christian Forum. Free to express your thoughts.

Ain't life grand!

3. hislegacy

+10,458
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I still like you and think very well of you.

4. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+23,298
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Them's the breaks!

6. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+3,011
    Christian
    Married
    Which he also didn't say.

Trump clarified his remarks: “It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object."

7. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Lol, Trump was highly quotable by his detractors. Even if they knew what he meant or didn’t mean, they never let him up for air.

8. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+3,057
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I would expect that most anti-vaxxers, chem trail advocates, moon landing deniers have put huge amounts of effort into studying the "evidence"
    The problem is that the "evidence" is presented to them is pseudo science, and conspiracy sites etc that can be quite convincing to people who don't know better and don't know how to verify what these sources are telling them.

I'm not trying to win any argument, just trying to discuss stuff.

But please elaborate, I don't know why you have concluded that I have lost an argument here.

9. Albion

Albion Factchecker

+31,355
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    It's true. Some of his most quoted statements are cited by people who tell you what he was saying even though anyone can look at the quote and realize that the meaning was something else.

So here's the question: Does the person misrepresenting the statement do that only because he wants to defame the speaker, OR is he literally unable to read and understand the statement for what it was actually saying?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  10. stevil

+3,057
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I distinctly hear him saying "Disinfectant by injection inside" (context being "inside the body")

11. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+23,298
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Are you an expert in vaccines and medicine? You have said you aren't. Therefore, in this context, you have low ability compared to experts.

12. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+3,596
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    Yep, Christians can be the worst humans on the face of the earth and it doesn’t matter. It’s why the religion is attractive to psychopaths, narcissists, and charlatans. Say “Jesus is Lord” and continue about your devious ways.

13. stevil

+3,057
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    Sure, that's another potential cause.
    Rather than because they followed and understood the science. But because they have a distrust of science or Pharma or what not.
    Modern science is evidence based.
    Traditional or "natural" medicines such as Traditional Chinese Medicine is based on philosophy and traditions rather than evidence.

Thanks for bringing that up. My list was not comprehensive, I am happy to add more to the list.

14. Albion

Albion Factchecker

+31,355
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    By spinning out all that nonsense about QAnon, "moon landing deniers," and the like?

Who could take that explantion seriously? o_O

15. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Jacksonville;

A local news station asked an employee at a local Tractor Supply that said they were out. Then checked with a manager that confirmed 3 other local stores were out.

Then they found out that Florida poison control had 39! calls in August about Ivermectin. A "huge" increase from the 74 they had recorded all year to that point, but still pretty insignificant.

Las Vegas;

Again, a local news station reported that ONE feed store (V&V Tack & Feed) was out of Ivermectin and then did the crack reporting of talking to a store associate who "...suspects a lot of her customers aren't using it as intended."

Stanislaus County (emphasis added);

"Justin Lewis, director of the California Poison Control System’s Sacramento Division, said there have been 110 ivermectin-related calls in the past 20 months, and 25 were marked as people calling because they took some form of it to help COVID-19.

Turlock Feed and Livestock Supply has been out of ivermectin for months, a manager said, but couldn’t guarantee this was related to COVID-19 demand.
    Compelling stuff.

Um, this is just rehashing the same articles you already linked above.

Yeah, not so much.

The stories mentioned 39 calls to poison control in Florida and 25 in California. For some context, poison control centers field >100,000 calls per year on Acetaminophen overdoses;

Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause for calls to Poison Control Centers (>100,000/year) and accounts for more than 56,000 emergency room visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year.

Acetaminophen and the U.S. Acute Liver Failure Study Group: lowering the risks of hepatic failure - PubMed

The Ivermectin story was hyped up to be something it wasn't, and you apparently fell for it. Sure, there are always people that do dumb things and I'm sure there were some that bought "horse paste" to try to treat themselves, but the idea that people were buying up Ivermectin in large quantities is simply not supported by the fact that a few Tractor Supply stores in Florida and a couple feed stores in Vegas and California ran out of Ivermectin.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  16. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah, pretty sure our souls aren't contingent upon whether or not we wear and/or recommend people wear masks.

Melodramatic and hyperbolic nonsense.

17. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    He said "So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it. Then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you could do, either through the skin or some other way and I think you said you were going to test that, too. Sounds interesting. Then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside, or almost a cleaning because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it will be interesting to check that. That you're gonna have to use medical doctors. But it sounds interesting to me."

ROFL! In retrospect, it's the ramblings of a mad man entirely. Kinda funny if it wasn't the elected president of a superpower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. renniks

+3,011
    Christian
    Married
    Wow...no natural medicine is science based?
    In many cases we would be better off with the herb than with that wonder pill the pharmaceutical company advertises to fix whatever ails you, but has 57 side effects including possible death.

19. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,444
    Pentecostal
    He which is THEIR choice. You can't force people to undergo medical treatment so they don't get sick. Just like you can't force someone not to smoke, eat fatty foods or drink alcohol.

20. renniks

+3,011
    Christian
    Married
    And nothing at all about injecting bleach.
    And speaking of rambling like a madman, I believe we have that going on in the White House now.

21. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    You keep saying this as if it were true, but it's not.

There are mechanistic studies in controlled laboratories that do not take into account behavioral science and the fact that we don't live in a controlled environment. Most of these studies are observational in nature, which sit near the bottom of the evidence pyramid in terms of quality of evidence.

So let's look at what the CDC has to say about face masks in their own systematic review of 10 RCTs spanning 72 years (emphasis added). Since you're such a science-y guy, I'm sure you know that systematic reviews of RCTs sit atop the pyramid in quality of evidence;

One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group

Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies

None of the household studies reported a significant reduction in secondary laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the face mask group

There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

Proper use of face masks is essential because improper use might increase the risk for transmission

Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

Interestingly enough, this is exactly what we were told at the beginning of the pandemic... until it became politically convenient to shift the blame to people for not masking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.