• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Why are highly educated and trained professionals refusing to vaccinate?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+3,009
    Christian
    Married
    Cat poop smeared inside the mask, gives total protection against the virus! Yep some people would do it.

2. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,320
    Muslim
    Single
    the fact that you're making up these sorts of scenarios in your head when people close to your mindset are taking horse medication and drinking clorox makes it funnier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+10,083
    Agnostic
    Married
    Kind of to late at that point. While delta is not resistant the vaccine is less effective.

4. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+3,009
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know about Clorox but ivermectin is approved for human use in some countries. Yes some people go overboard with it.

5. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    I have no idea why people refer to Ivermectin as "horse medication". Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic with approved uses in humans.

Based on the current very low- to low-certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID-19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID-19 outside of well-designed randomized trials.

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19 - PubMed

As the above study shows, evidence does not currently support the use of Ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19, but it's incredibly misleading to call it "horse medication".

6. pacomascarot

pacomascarot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    If scientists change their suggestions it is because science learns.

Maybe you should take some science classes!

7. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+10,689
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    it was less effective in terms of transmission, but pretty effective against hospitalization and death...which was the original goal of the vaccines.

If we're waiting for vaccines that mean that "nobody will get the sniffles or a low grade fever ever again", we'll be waiting a long time. If the we're looking for a vaccine that will turn what could be a life-threatening virus into "a mild encounter", then we already have that...we just need to convince people to to take it.

8. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Sure. You posted studies showing efficacy of masking.

I posted studies showing otherwise.

Perhaps the question of whether masks reduce the spread of the virus isn't quite as settled as we've been led to believe.

9. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    That's the way it should be. That's not the way it has been throughout this pandemic.

10. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,320
    Muslim
    Single
    in your opinion which is highly questionable at this point.

11. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Anecdote alert.

The day after Labor Day, I came down with a fever. Then I developed a cough and general weakness. This persisted on and off for about 10 days before I began to recover. During that time, I drank lots of water, ate lots of chicken noodle soup, and took much Tylenol. I had a confirmed COVID test the Monday after I became symptomatic.

Last week, a fully vaccinated woman at our church tested positive for COVID. Her symptoms? About the same as mine. Duration of symptoms? About 10 days, about the same as mine. Same age as me, give or take 8 years.

Lest you think my case of COVID is atypical and I just got lucky, the CDC reports a total of 20,860 deaths in my age group since the start of the pandemic. That's with roughly 5,015,543 confirmed cases of COVID in my age group in the US since the beginning of the pandemic, or roughly 0.4%. That means that from the CDC's own data, 99.6% of people in my age group who have contracted COVID have also recovered.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, risk profiles are not the same across the board. Most (and when I say most, I mean 99.5% or more) young, healthy adults will be perfectly fine if they contract COVID. That's not downplaying the disease. It's what the data shows.

We should focus vaccination efforts where they will be most beneficial and will reduce the most severe outcomes. Again, vaccine mandates for employers completely miss the mark. When you look at deaths and severe outcomes from COVID, they are many orders of magnitude higher for the elderly than they are for younger people. Yet the employer vaccine mandate will do NOTHING to encourage those people that are at most risk to get vaccinated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,917
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    My opinion is highly questionable in your opinion, which is highly questionable in my opinion.

Duly noted.

If you think THE SCIENCE™ hasn't been hijacked by opportunistic politicians, you simply aren't paying attention. IMO.

13. pacomascarot

pacomascarot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    I wish I knew why someone who is a Christian has SO MUCH TROUBLE doing something simple that is helpful to others.

I understand you have selective cherry picked your favorite studies but given that you probably aren't a medical health professional I'm not going to assume you know the first foreign thing about any of this sufficient to prefer to take the LESSER ACTION.

Guess you prefer the wider, easier path. No extra work for you. Sure you might be wrong but who cares about all those other people IF YOU ARE?

LOL.

Hope you don't have to justify this action to God some day. He might ask why wearing a little piece of cloth was too much to ask after He gave his only begotten son on your behalf, to suffer and die on the cross. But you couldn't be bothered to wear a mask.

14. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    97% of doctors are vaccinated. So you should prob just remove them from your OP, you’re spreading misinformation.

Pilots aren’t "highly educated." And having spent a lot of time around them when I worked at a hotel, I’m not surprised they’re less vaccinated.

How much money they make is relevant how? Do you really want to use that metric?

15. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,338
    Atheist
    Private
    Still no actual explanation for the vague wording in the letter, huh?

Relevance?

I get you don't understand my objection. That's fine. If you find this sort of vague anecdotal data more useful than actual research on the subject, I can't stop you. Just trying to explain why many others won't really pay much attention to it.

16. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,338
    Atheist
    Private
    I think the real objection is that they work - people on the fence about vaccinations, or who just didn't get around it to it, will be motivated to act. That'll make the one people left unvaccinated the fringe true believers, which is good from a public health perspective plus it will make it less of a big deal for other businesses to refuse to serve the unvaccinated. Bad for those left on the outside because of their choices, though.

17. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,338
    Atheist
    Private
    That's false - Vaccine Basics | Smallpox | CDC
    Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated.

Also not true - Here’s how the most- and least-vaccinated states fared against the Delta variant

You can't possibly know that.

Just like the unvaccinated. The big difference being that the vaccinated are less likely to get infected in the first place.

18. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,338
    Atheist
    Private
    Yes, restaurant worker washing their hands after using the restroom is benefical to the individuals who wash their hands. It may either prevent them from getting or spreading disease. Or it may lessen the symptoms and prevent severity. That certainly is a GOOD reason in my opinion to wash their hands after using the restroom before returning to the kitchen. But it SHOULD be someone's choice. Not mandated by government. Because not everyone gets really ill, ends up in ICU or dies from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.