Dec 29, 2006
✟427,104.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its called theistic evolution and its just another way to get around Gods truth of Creation, and substituted it with mans ideas and theories. Here is a good explanation:

"Believing that God used evolution to create annuls numerous Bible teachings...

As some Christian scholars and leaders are increasingly advocating theistic evolution to explain creation, two scholars.. say Adventists cannot accept theistic evolution unless they annul many of their Bible-based fundamental beliefs. Theistic evolution, the belief that God used processes of evolution to create, implies at least believing “an account of origins at odds with the biblical record of history,” said Geoscience Research Institute scientist Timothy Standish. It also implies, he added, introducing the presence of death before sin, or at least defining death in different ways before sin and after sin.

Thus, “Seventh-day Adventists cannot embrace theistic evolution without exhibiting extraordinary duplicity and naiveté,” Standish said.

Southern Adventist University professor Greg A. King seconded the notion. “Because of the unresolvable contradictions between theistic evolution and Scripture … and because of the profound way in which theistic evolution would alter or modify key doctrines of the Bible, it seems clear that there is no middle ground between theistic evolution and biblical creation.”

The questions may be asked, why do many confessed Christians not see a conflict between the work of a Creator God and evolution? Why are they embracing evolution without a second thought? And why can Adventists not accept it?

..First, believing in theistic evolution affects our view of Scripture, King said. It undermines the authority of Scripture itself, which tells us a different story of origins than is portrayed by evolution. It also affects the doctrine of God; according to the Bible, He created by the power of His word. “The God of theistic evolution is a diminished divinity,” King said.

King also explained how theistic evolution affects the doctrine of salvation. “Why do humans need to be saved, if they are simply following God’s plan for how to get to higher forms of life?” he asked. And “from what do we need to be saved” in the first place?

In theistic evolution, said King, human beings are also diminished. They fall short of being God’s crown of creation and become mere beings emerging at the end of a long, slow process of development. “The biblical doctrine of man is severely altered in such a scenario,” he said.

Sabbath is also affected, he pointed out, because in theistic evolution there is no creation week. Sabbath stops being a memorial of creation and becomes a human invention. And theistic evolution affects marriage. As the marriage covenant loses God’s imprimatur, King believes “theistic evolution helps pave the road for some … unbiblical permutations of marriage.”Adventist Review Online | Why Some Christians Are Embracing Evolution — and Adventists Cannot

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Blind faith evolutionism is in fact its own religion. Theistic evolutionism is a religion that attempts to marry the atheist form of that religion with some other established form of religion. Its "method" goes something like this -

1. Hold yourself at a sufficient distance from the details of the Bible.
2. Hold yourself at a sufficient distance from the details of confirmed science
3. Now accept whatever storytelling is given to you about "how one thing came from another" without the use of critical thinking to ask if it is actually true

It's "proofs" are more "proof by puzzle" than "proof by experimental observation"

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Its called theistic evolution and its just another way to get around Gods truth of Creation, and substituted it with mans ideas and theories. Here is a good explanation:

As some Christian scholars and leaders are increasingly advocating theistic evolution to explain creation, two scholars.. say Adventists cannot accept theistic evolution unless they annul many of their Bible-based fundamental beliefs. Theistic evolution, the belief that God used processes of evolution to create, implies at least believing “an account of origins at odds with the biblical record of history,” said Geoscience Research Institute scientist Timothy Standish. It also implies, he added, introducing the presence of death before sin, or at least defining death in different ways before sin and after sin.

Thus, “Seventh-day Adventists cannot embrace theistic evolution without exhibiting extraordinary duplicity and naiveté,” Standish said.

Southern Adventist University professor Greg A. King seconded the notion. “Because of the unresolvable contradictions between theistic evolution and Scripture … and because of the profound way in which theistic evolution would alter or modify key doctrines of the Bible, it seems clear that there is no middle ground between theistic evolution and biblical creation.”

The questions may be asked, why do many confessed Christians not see a conflict between the work of a Creator God and evolution? Why are they embracing evolution without a second thought? And why can Adventists not accept it?

..First, believing in theistic evolution affects our view of Scripture, King said. It undermines the authority of Scripture itself, which tells us a different story of origins than is portrayed by evolution. It also affects the doctrine of God; according to the Bible, He created by the power of His word. “The God of theistic evolution is a diminished divinity,” King said.

King also explained how theistic evolution affects the doctrine of salvation. “Why do humans need to be saved, if they are simply following God’s plan for how to get to higher forms of life?” he asked. And “from what do we need to be saved” in the first place?

In theistic evolution, said King, human beings are also diminished. They fall short of being God’s crown of creation and become mere beings emerging at the end of a long, slow process of development. “The biblical doctrine of man is severely altered in such a scenario,” he said.

Sabbath is also affected, he pointed out, because in theistic evolution there is no creation week. Sabbath stops being a memorial of creation and becomes a human invention. And theistic evolution affects marriage. As the marriage covenant loses God’s imprimatur, King believes “theistic evolution helps pave the road for some … unbiblical permutations of marriage.”Adventist Review Online | Why Some Christians Are Embracing Evolution — and Adventists Cannot
Man evolving from apes is a lie of the Devil and he has blinded millions of folk with that abomination.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe that it is revealed exactly HOW God created in the pages of scripture. I find no scriptural reason to discount that God may have utilized something like evolution to achieve His creation.

I, myself, am agnostic on the issue of evolution. I believe God created the heavens and the earth. However, I don't feel qualified to say HOW he did it ...

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe that it is revealed exactly HOW God created in the pages of scripture. I find no scriptural reason to discount that God may have utilized something like evolution to achieve His creation.

I, myself, am agnostic on the issue of evolution. I believe God created the heavens and the earth. However, I don't feel qualified to say HOW he did it ...
God revealed His creation to Moses on Mount Sinai.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Same reason they (Christians) accept God's creation is a spinning globe moving in an outer space around the sun etc.. Where that kind of earth and creation is not found in the Bible's description of God's creation.

They do not fully accept the Bible's complete account from Genesis to Revelation as true. So they take the parts they do not believe as true and create the interpreted history, metaphorical, allegorical system to allow them to live in today's world and still practice their christianity.

So now they can make the lies of science work with the parts of the Bible they believe is truth or true.

As the globe earth, outer space, etc.. is now accepted (99%) by all churches and taught as God's creation (a universe). Evolution (big bang or whatever, the next science lie will be) will eventually be taught and accepted in a large amount of churches as God's way of creating His creation.
I personally believe maybe the only reversing of this will be the return of The Messiah to straighten out this.
Even Bible literalist, and creation groups do not accept the full literal truth of the Bible about God's creation.

W. A. Criswell who wrote: Why I Preach That the Bible Is Literally True
In his book when he addresses Joshua 10:12-15 he tries to make the Bible agree with sciences earth moving around the sun lie. Instead of saying he believes the truth of Joshua 10:12-15 as given in the Bibles account.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pethesedzao
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
W. A. Criswell who wrote: Why I Preach That the Bible Is Literally True
In his book when he addresses Joshua 10:12-15 he tries to make the Bible agree with sciences earth moving around the sun lie. Instead of saying he believes the truth of Joshua 10:12-15 as given in the Bibles account.

This text says that the sun stopped its transit across the sky. There are a myriad of ways that an all-powerful God could make that happen ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,104.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blind faith evolutionism is in fact its own religion. Theistic evolutionism is a religion that attempts to marry the atheist form of that religion with some other established form of religion. Its "method" goes something like this -

1. Hold yourself at a sufficient distance from the details of the Bible.
2. Hold yourself at a sufficient distance from the details of confirmed science
3. Now accept whatever storytelling is given to you about "how one thing came from another" without the use of critical thinking to ask if it is actually true

It's "proofs" are more "proof by puzzle" than "proof by experimental observation"
They are straddling the fence, holding between two opinions, and saying they still believe. But what good is it if they are diminishing Creation or on the road to denying the awesome power of the Creator and His works.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I personally believe maybe the only reversing of this will be the return of The Messiah to straighten out this.
Even Bible literalist, and creation groups do not accept the full literal truth of the Bible about God's creation.

I assume you would like to start a "flat earth" topic.. did I get that right?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This text says that the sun stopped its transit across the sky. There are a myriad of ways that an all-powerful God could make that happen ...

Well it is describing events from the perspective of an observer on Earth ("Frame of Reference" as Einstein calls it)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I assume you would like to start a "flat earth" topic.. did I get that right?

The issue is settled with me, i believe the Bibles full account of God's creation i reject evolution and a globe earth.

It the christian who rejects the evolution of science but accepts from the same scientist a globe earth in outer space. When as with evolution, a globe earth is not found in the Bible either.

It is christians who walk that line, that may need to again start another flat earth topic to resolve their inconsistencies.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The more i look at Joshua 10 the more is reveled possibly, about the creation. I was looking at Joshua 10:13 and noticed that this verse not only stated that the sun stood still, but that the sun stood still in the midst of heaven,sky,raqia,expanse.

Not only does the Bible say God placed the sun in the raqia in Genesis 1 but in Joshua 10:13 the Bible states that the sun stopped in the midst (half, middle) of the heaven,sky,raqia. So is the suns position in the raqia in the middle of the raqia as stated in Joshua 10:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The issue is settled with me, i believe the Bibles full account of God's creation i reject evolution and a globe earth.

I think we could all say that.

It the christian who rejects the evolution of science but accepts from the same scientist a globe earth in outer space. When as with evolution, a globe earth is not found in the Bible either.

You are conflating two different things.
1. Evolution has never been observed, photographed explored.
2. The round-Earth has.

My map has four corners but that does not mean the Earth is flat or that mountains do not exist.

And most people who have flown across country have seen it...

The threshold elevation for detecting curvature would seem to be somewhat less than 35,000 ft (10.6 km) but not as low as 14,000 ft (4.2 km). Photographically, curvature may be measurable as low as 20,000 ft (6 km).

https://www.quora.com/At-what-altitude-do-you-see-the-curvature-of-the-Earth

The idea that all commercial and military pilots "lie" and all people who fly commercial flights that get up around 35000 "lie" and all astronauts lie and all measurements lie etc - is not a practical solution.

http://thulescientific.com/Lynch Curvature 2008.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thorough indoctrination is why.
Disagree. It is a result of an unbiblical naturalistic world view. i.e.: miracles do not happen, everything works thru natural forces, including God.

• Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There have been a myriad of such threads on the topic lately ... as many here echo the flat earth reasonings of non-christian anti-semite Eric Dubay in his compilation "200 Proofs Earth is not a Spinning Ball".

Debunking Flat Earth
Flat-Earthers
Another Argument Against Flat Earth
Flat Earth.... flame free, please.
Is Flat Earth Promoter Eric Dubay a Holocaust Denier ?

As fun as that is - SDAs do not argue that the alternative to blind-faith evolutionism -- is "flat earth"

Upvote 0