Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In light of President Trump determining that Jerusalem is Israel's capital and designating to have our embassy moved there, I thought most Christians would be happy and excited for the news. Maybe a lot of us are, as we wholly believe that Israel belongs to the Jewish people and has always belonged to them.

But I see a lot of Catholics, especially bishops and even the pope, who appears to be against the move and seem to care more for the Palestinian people.

As far as I know, there has never been a recognized country known as Palestine. The Jews have always said they want to live peacefully with the Muslims and they can share the land, but the Muslims appear to be the violent ones and want the Jews gone. When Israel defends itself against groups like Hamas, the world gets angry at Israel.

I don't understand why this is. Why is Israel always the bad guy? And why does the pope and Catholic contingent seem to support the Palestinians over the Jews?

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
" Why are Christians against Israel? "

As YHWH SAYS: Whoever blesses you (Abraham/Jews) , I BLESS, whoever curses you, I CURSE ....

Everyone chooses and does this for themselves whether to be blessed, or to be cursed.
Just most of the time they don't even realize this.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There have been many, many years of peace talks. Again, the Jews have always said they are open to sharing the land, but it's the Muslims who want the Jews gone. That's the only thing they'll go for. They believe they will be able to claim Jerusalem for themselves and set up a future state. It is Hamas and other terrorist groups in the area who constantly commit violence and bombings against Israelis. When Israel retaliates, the world gets angry at Israel as if they're the aggressors.

I once heard it said (and I agree) that if the Muslims dropped their weapons and agreed to live in peace, there would be no violence in the middle east. If the Jews agreed to drop their weapons, they would be destroyed in a day. One side is terroristic and violent, but they're the ones the world sides with. Doesn't make sense to me.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Israel is a US funded state, the Muslim nations see this and generally want the launch pad for invasions gone. Why people are against what Trump did, is because it undermined the peace process and provoked another group of nations against the US and those seen as their allies.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
But I see a lot of Catholics, especially bishops and even the pope, who appears to be against the move and seem to care more for the Palestinian people.
And why does the pope and Catholic contingent seem to support the Palestinians over the Jews?

Because there are Arab Roman Catholics...

Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In light of President Trump determining that Jerusalem is Israel's capital and designating to have our embassy moved there, I thought most Christians would be happy and excited for the news. Maybe a lot of us are, as we wholly believe that Israel belongs to the Jewish people and has always belonged to them.

As far as I know, there has never been a recognized country known as Palestine. The Jews have always said they want to live peacefully with the Muslims and they can share the land, but the Muslims appear to be the violent ones and want the Jews gone. When Israel defends itself against groups like Hamas, the world gets angry at Israel.

I don't understand why this is. Why is Israel always the bad guy? And why does the pope and Catholic contingent seem to support the Palestinians over the Jews?
A lot of folks don't understand the history. This sums it up brilliantly:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dr Derek Prince came to faith in Jesus in a medical tent in the Sahara desert during WW2. He was a British soldier.

After the war, he returned to his job of teaching Greek Philosophy at Cambridge and was asked (during the UN debates) by a fellow prof if he thought a Jewish homeland would settle the issue of antisemitism. Prince answered that if antisemitism was purely a human problem, it would be solved. But if it was a SPIRITUAL problem, it would actually make it worse.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Israel is a US funded state, the Muslim nations see this and generally want the launch pad for invasions gone. Why people are against what Trump did, is because it undermined the peace process and provoked another group of nations against the US and those seen as their allies.

Are you kidding me? Who do you think gives the PA millions a year that Hamas robs and uses for terrorism???? I mean these people PAY the families of terrorists when one of them blows themselves up! Yes, I am sure that pushes the peace process forward...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect it's the tendency some Christians have to make Israel an idol to be worshiped and not simply another nation that does right but also does wrong. :wave:
tulc(finds their getting the equivalent of $8,000,000 dollars a day from the USA for several decades now is also a little...irksome) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure sarcasm is gonna work in this thread. ;)

BTW, regarding invasion:

• Winner
Reactions: John Goodness
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The test of antisemitism is being able to not get angry at people who constantly look down their noses at you "goyeem" . I'm over it, but a lot of people cannot get over it.

Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure sarcasm is gonna work in this thread. ;)

BTW, regarding invasion:
Sarcasm? no, I was serious. Note that I'm in Canada, so Israel propaganda is not part of the fare here.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I know, there has never been a recognized country known as Palestine.
The Romans invented the term after the failed Bar Kochba revolt of 135 ad. They re-named the province called Judea to Palestina, after the ancient enemy of the Jews - the Philistines. While there never was a separate country by that name, the region has been called that ever since the mid 2nd century.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Are you kidding me? Who do you think gives the PA millions a year that Hamas robs and uses for terrorism???? I mean these people PAY the families of terrorists when one of them blows themselves up! Yes, I am sure that pushes the peace process forward...
What I mean is: Trump destroyed with so many idle words, any credibility the US had as a peace negotiator in that region.

Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The test of antisemitism is being able to not get angry at people who constantly look down their noses at you "goyeem" . I'm over it, but a lot of people cannot get over it.
Hmmm. Turning the tables and making the victim into the perp. Classic.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sarcasm? no, I was serious. Note that I'm in Canada, so Israel propaganda is not part of the fare here.
FWIW, I'm in the US, but it is irrelevant. I've not had television since 1997 and get all my news from international internet sources. Yes, even Al Jazeera, before most people even knew it existed.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect it's the tendency some Christians have to make Israel an idol to be worshiped and not simply another nation that does right but also does wrong. :wave:
tulc(finds their getting the equivalent of $8,000,000 dollars a day from the USA for several decades now is also a little...irksome) :sorry:
I agree. They are a secular land. And it makes me a little uncomfortable when people call it the Holy land with an odd reverence. Christianity has no holy places other than the heart in which dwells the Holy Spirit. Our buildings are just buildings. It's one thing that separates Christianity from man-made religion.

Upvote 0