broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I've seen the other side of the coin where "some" black men consider it a "prize" or "trophy" to "get" a white woman. And if she's blonde it's a double bonus.

It's not right, but don't let their ignorance keep you down. Or try not to anyway.

Now image being white, and living in a black community. It's wrong, but it makes sense.

Upvote 0

Reminisce

Nov 3, 2011
✟1,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean to get a black girl as a trophee?

I'm not kidding, I seriously didn't get what you meant, maybe cause it's late. I'm not trying to be difficult. But if that's what you meant, yes I guess it makes sense, but luring someone into a relationship to use them as a trophee is never right. Though I suspect I have been used as one, albeit by someone from the majority (white).

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe it's the stick with your own kind ideology or maybe its because of past struggles that Blacks had being minorities that some of them feel that they need to keep everything from being taken from them (even it is a black woman dating a white guy that of course they don't "own").

I've seen the other side of the coin where "some" black men consider it a "prize" or "trophy" to "get" a white woman. And if she's blonde it's a double bonus.

It's not right, but don't let their ignorance keep you down. Or try not to anyway.
That is interesting. I have never heard of a black man considering a white woman as being a
"trophy",or a "prize."
However,there is one theory about the blonde woman being perceived as the "standard of beauty" in our American society. What I mean by that is,being 58 years old,when I was growing up,the only women that we(most boys) saw on television,covers of magazines, including Playboy,and other advertisements were white women. Ads for bikinis,cars,or anything to do with successful men,had only white women in them.

You take a 16 year old boy,going through puberty,horny as heck,and all of those pictures of women that he sees are white women.Well,what would you expect? If he wants a woman,like the ones he has seen on all of those TV shows and advertisements,including billboards.What KIND of woman do you THINK that he would WANT? He would want those types of women whom he has seen all of his life in the visual media.
Now,I admit that blonde white women are beautiful.However,I have found that ALL races have their fair (no pun intended) share of beautiful women.

As far as white women are concerned,I find dark haired white women to be more attractive than blondes. Of course,for what its worth,that is just my opinion. Yes,I knew, from since I was in Junior High School,that I am not the average person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reminisce

Nov 3, 2011
✟1,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
???

I'm aware of the jealousy from certain dark skinned girls towards light skinned girls, but I'm not light skinned. Quite the opposite, actually.

That said, it's a fact that the light skinned girls are favored by men, modelling agencies etc. It's a shame some girls feel they have to bleach their skin or be jealous. Be black and proud. I know I am.

Upvote 0

DYOLF

lbs 4 lbs Numero Uno
Apr 27, 2010
✟9,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
exitstageright said:
That is interesting. I have never heard of a black man considering a white woman as being a
"trophy",or a "prize."
However,there is one theory about the blonde woman being perceived as the "standard of beauty" in our American society. What I mean by that is,being 58 years old,when I was growing up,the only women that we(most boys) saw on television,covers of magazines, including Playboy,and other advertisements were white women. Ads for bikinis,cars,or anything to do with successful men,had only white women in them.

You take a 16 year old boy,going through puberty,horny as heck,and all of those pictures of women that he sees are white women.Well,what would you expect? If he wants a woman,like the ones he has seen on all of those TV shows and advertisements,including billboards.What KIND of woman do you THINK that he would WANT? He would want those types of women whom he has seen all of his life in the visual media.
Now,I admit that blonde white women are beautiful.However,I have found that ALL races have their fair (no pun intended) share of beautiful women.

As far as white women are concerned,I find dark haired white women to be more attractive than blondes. Of course,for what its worth,that is just my opinion. Yes,I knew, from since I was in Junior High School,that I am not the average person.

All women are beautiful.In whose eyes are they beautiful is the question.If a woman can find that man who thinks she's beautiful then she's found herself a partner.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've always found light-skinned black women to be too mundane to catch my interest. It's the really, really dark ones that I notice.

I have a theory that people tend to notice those who are like them, but not so alike as to be identical; and who are different enough to be exotic, but not so different as to be bizarre. Sort of like this:

Code:
   Identity    Similarity    Different, but mundane    Exotic    Bizarre

||----------|--------------|------------------------|----------|------------> 

Unattractive   Attractive              Meh           Attractive Unattractive

Note that I'm just talking about what catches the eye here, not really the sort of person that everyone ends up dating or marrying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.