United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
5395.jpg

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm assuming they want to be prepared for something that'd potentially go down. They probably have some information on a right wing group or something that has threatened to do something there in the wake of trump leaving/biden coming in.

They didn't prepare for the capital hill attack and they payed for that. They will probably be overly cautious for a while now. Just a guess, though.

Interesting how bad things have gotten. People willing to kill (on both sides) over something as wishy washy as politics. I knew a crowbar had been shoved in to pry apart our nation, but I didnt realize how effective it was. o_O

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,418.00
Faith
Christian
Personally, I think America needs to put COVID back in its box first before worrying about the scattered toys. If a variant like the one we have here in the UK rips through, you're in a lot of trouble.

I'm not fear mongering, because it's 100% in our power. I just don't think *now* is the time for drama and division.

Sorry to be THAT guy, but...

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Weird to have a thread ask a question then answer it in the first sentence of the OP. Perhaps swap 7000 and are in the thread title?
even more weird to need 7,000 troops in D.C. until mid March dont you think?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they figure the impeachment "trial" won't end till then?
How long can it last? They didn't think it was necessary to have any evidence or any witnesses or any investigation or much of a hearing even in the House. So what have the got for the Senate to review?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How long can it last? They didn't think it was necessary to have any evidence or any witnesses or any investigation or much of a hearing even in the House. So what have the got for the Senate to review?
I agree. The senate doesn't need to review a lot. They were there when it happened.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Up to 7,000 National Guardsmen will remain in Washington for about seven more weeks to assist federal law enforcement agencies concerned over potential domestic disturbances, the Guard's top general said.

"We're looking at probably mid-March right now," Gen. Daniel Hokanson told reporters on Saturday. 7,000 National Guardsmen to remain in Washington through mid-March

It's all about "optics" .. visuals.. they need something since no one is showing up.

=========== 2017 was a different story -- and no national guard

police in 2017 inauguration -- but no national guard

more 2017 inauguration DC protests -- Limo blazes amid anti-Trump protests

violent protests for 2017 inauguration day

==================================================

What about 2021??

On Sunday, law enforcement members and journalists outnumbered the few people who showed up at state capitols across the nation.

A few states like Michigan and Ohio had large groups show up, some wearing attire or affiliating themselves with the boogaloo movement. Other than that it was a peaceful Sunday for most.
Capitol protest tracker: What happened at capitols across the US on Sunday

Scant turnout at State Capitol right-wing protests before Inauguration Day

hmmmmmmm "right wing".... shudder. I think the one in purple is an 8 year old

bOIkA0L3zSk6ZkJXbEOSntqSkuRqC4WFpBQgFSeu-900x601.jpeg

No Large Protests In D.C. As President Biden Is Inaugurated

security2_custom-243caa17b0972129b675e66f04f169b08f74a6ed.jpg

So then 2021 National Guard??
emotional effect --
"the visuals"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the real question is why does disciple clint want the guards to not be there so badly?
disciple clint thinks it is just another example of poor management on the part of government, those troops are not free, they are all called away from civilian employment now we the people have to pay for them. 7,000 is a serious overkill unless you have good intelligence that indicates a high probability of a major assault.

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
even more weird to need 7,000 troops in D.C. until mid March dont you think?
Not after "stealing" an election and shooting those that protested the "steal", then threatening to charge anyone that questioned the fairness of the election with aiding an insurrection.

Trump fired up the base and the Party in power is pouring gas on the fire.
This just completes the impression that the current administration is an occupying force rather than an elected leader ... accuse your enemies what you are guilty of yourself.

I am not a QAnon fan, or a "stop the steal" fanatic. I am just pointing out the optics to those that wonder how every state gets a 60-70% voter turn out except ONE STATE that magically breaks a record setting 90% and nobody wants to bother to check any signatures to even LOOK for possible fraud. There are questions that needed to be asked and laws broken that needed to be fixed and now talking about that is "insurrection". That is how Stalin and Mao operated, not how the US Government is supposed to work!

They have 7000 troops in DC because they need them! They have thrown away the basic right of the people to have their grievance heard and left a large minority feeling that violent protest is their only recourse.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Not after "stealing" an election and shooting those that protested the "steal", then threatening to charge anyone that questioned the fairness of the election with aiding an insurrection.

Trump fired up the base and the Party in power is pouring gas on the fire.
This just completes the impression that the current administration is an occupying force rather than an elected leader ... accuse your enemies what you are guilty of yourself.

I am not a QAnon fan, or a "stop the steal" fanatic. I am just pointing out the optics to those that wonder how every state gets a 60-70% voter turn out except ONE STATE that magically breaks a record setting 90% and nobody wants to bother to check any signatures to even LOOK for possible fraud. There are questions that needed to be asked and laws broken that needed to be fixed and now talking about that is "insurrection". That is how Stalin and Mao operated, not how the US Government is supposed to work!

They have 7000 troops in DC because they need them! They have thrown away the basic right of the people to have their grievance heard and left a large minority feeling that violent protest is their only recourse.
you sound like the reason behind why there are troops in washington.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fascinating thing about that photo is that it shows a lot of angry "insurrectionists" shouting, but they are not holding guns, or bats, or blades or pipes ... they are mostly wielding deadly cell phones and pointing loaded fingers!

I may stand alone, but THAT speaks volumes to me about their intent.
Those people wanted to be HEARD by their government, not destroy it.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The fascinating thing about that photo is that it shows a lot of angry "insurrectionists" shouting, but they are not holding guns, or bats, or blades or pipes ... they are mostly wielding deadly cell phones and pointing loaded fingers!

They also built a gallows and shouted "hang mike pence". Maybe your perception is clouded.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

We found the sympathizer^

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
7,000 is a serious overkill unless you have good intelligence that indicates a high probability of a major assault.
Well, maybe someone in the know has good intelligence that indicates a high probability of a major assault. And by "in the know" I don't mean "watched the news that day" or "saw it in a newspaper".

I doubt the average armchair media-addict knows one way or the other.
Life goes on...

-

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.