Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always had issues with intrusive thoughts, hearing voices. yes, i do have MH issues, yes, am in treatment... i keep hearing over past few years or so, but more recently the words "ETERNAL JUDGEMENT". Sometimes it even happens when there i sno conscious deliberate sin in my life. other times it also happens. and i wonder, is this spiritual or what? if God is speaking to me, who is He intending this word for?

i will say that i do sometimes get words of knowledge for other people and yes they have been verified by other believers with this gift as legitimate. so this kind of scares me: why is Go dgiving me this when usually what He gives me for other people is encouraging???

i know we are meant to be telling the unsaved to repent or go to hell....so i am assumign this word i smeant for them but who in particular?

also i can understand God threatening me with hellfire at times when i am not walking in the spirit, if there is wilful sin in my life. but it happens even when am not sinning???!!!

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have always had issues with intrusive thoughts, hearing voices. yes, i do have MH issues, yes, am in treatment... i keep hearing over past few years or so, but more recently the words "ETERNAL JUDGEMENT". Sometimes it even happens when there i sno conscious deliberate sin in my life. other times it also happens. and i wonder, is this spiritual or what? if God is speaking to me, who is He intending this word for?

i will say that i do sometimes get words of knowledge for other people and yes they have been verified by other believers with this gift as legitimate. so this kind of scares me: why is Go dgiving me this when usually what He gives me for other people is encouraging???

i know we are meant to be telling the unsaved to repent or go to hell....so i am assumign this word i smeant for them but who in particular?

also i can understand God threatening me with hellfire at times when i am not walking in the spirit, if there is wilful sin in my life. but it happens even when am not sinning???!!!

They are, as you rightly acknowledge, intrusive thoughts.

It is not from God.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i keep hearing over past few years or so, but more recently the words "ETERNAL JUDGEMENT"

Perhaps, the Lord is telling you to look closer (investigate) the subject of "eternal judgement". Find out the real truth about it.

Christians are divided on the subject as a matter of fact. And I think the subject deserves additional research.

I also have the same "problem" but fortunately, I can "tune it out". I can only hear voices in the dead silence of night. But they are random and quite many so it's mostly jibberish.

The noise sounds like a hundred people, man, woman, children speaking at the same time. Occassionally, I would hear a woman or a child screaming among those voices. Sometimes, I can isolate one voice and almost understand the speech. One time I heard a child praying.

• Informative
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have always had issues with intrusive thoughts, hearing voices. yes, i do have MH issues, yes, am in treatment... i keep hearing over past few years or so, but more recently the words "ETERNAL JUDGEMENT". Sometimes it even happens when there i sno conscious deliberate sin in my life. other times it also happens. and i wonder, is this spiritual or what?

You say it right there....you're wondering. God doesn't take one into a world of question marks which lead the mind into confusion and bewilderment. So if the voices you're hearing is making you wonder this or wonder that than realize they're not from God and must be from the enemy. If you're a believer take authority over it in Jesus Name and command him to STOP.

As for having what you call "intrusive thoughts" welcome to the club. I can assure you all Christians get those. As children of LIGHT we're in this world where there's also rulers of the darkness in the spirit realm.....their objective is tempt, discourage and to deceive all Christians and he has enough fiery darts for everyone. Eph 6:16 Good news though....when you KNOW your authority In Christ they're more afraid of you that you might care to imagine. Resist the devil and he'll flee from you Jm 1:7 and GREATER is he that is in you than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I also have the same "problem" but fortunately, I can "tune it out". I can only hear voices in the dead silence of night. But they are random and quite many so it's mostly jibberish.

The noise sounds like a hundred people, man, woman, children speaking at the same time. Occassionally, I would hear a woman or a child screaming among those voices. Sometimes, I can isolate one voice and almost understand the speech. One time I heard a child praying.

OK so you say you have these type manifestations and in your profile you say you're a Christian seeker. That doesn't sound like you're committed to God's revelation of how he defines subjects and themes but....you're wondering about them. So in your estimation if you care to answer to what do you attribute these spiritual things occurring to you?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have always had issues with intrusive thoughts, hearing voices

Read or re read the post 25 tips for successful dealing with OCD or look it up on line?
It gives practical advice for dealing with intrusive thoughts etc.

also i can understand God threatening me with hellfire at times

You can understand God threatening you with hellfire? No one else does, because once you are saved you are saved.
The worst that will happen to you is your welcome into heaven won't be is fulsome as some will be.

Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
OK so you say you have these type manifestations and in your profile you say you're a Christian seeker.

I actually used to be Pentecostal Christian for 20 years. About 10 years ago, I began carefully studying our theology/doctrine and found so many inconsistencies that the pastors I asked could not explain. They went speechless. They couldn't find an answer right away.

Our pastors don't even bother anymore if they could be believing in false teachings and unknowingly spreading them from the pulpit. Or they're just too shy or too afraid to question their elders anymore. I know because I'd feel the same way in their situation, I simply had the benefit of time.

That doesn't sound like you're committed to God's revelation of how he defines subjects and themes but....you're wondering about them. So in your estimation if you care to answer to what do you attribute these spiritual things occurring to you?

The voices sounded like ordinary people talking to themselves. It doesn't really convey any special or directed purpose. Maybe I have ESP and simply hearing the thoughts of the people around me, including my neighbors.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I actually used to be Pentecostal Christian for 20 years. About 10 years ago, I began carefully studying our theology/doctrine and found so many inconsistencies that the pastors I asked could not explain. They went speechless. They couldn't find an answer right away.

And what would these thing be in a nut shell or maybe you can give me a link where you've talked about these things.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A believer must be a vessel of honor ready and prepared for the Master's use. Having mental health issues.. intrusive thoughts, hearing voices.. is not indicative of readiness for use by God.

Also, the word of knowledge requires the speaking in tongues because both are listed in the spiritual gifts.. one cannot operate without the other. The discerning of spirits is also listed but your post indicates that you can't discern between good or bad. Because you said that 'it frightened you'.

God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and of a sound mind. Those who fear are not perfected in love. And the apostle Paul indicated that without love the gifts won't work. So you are in biblical contradiction.

Any operation of the gifts carries with it the discerning to know if it is of God. The apostle John said that you have the anointing that you know all things.. it can be added.. knowing all concerning the gifts of the Spirit that a believer is chosen by the Holy Spirit to operate in.

You mentioned that others verified that what you called the word of knowledge was legitimate. That cannot be accepted as true without you sharing an example of what you actually spoke. But, if the above criteria is not there then the validity is slim that you have operated in the word of knowledge. You haven't even described the word of knowledge to prove that you know exactly what it is. Or how to tell the difference between the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A believer must be a vessel of honor ready and prepared for the Master's use. Having mental health issues.. intrusive thoughts, hearing voices.. is not indicative of readiness for use by God.

Also, the word of knowledge requires the speaking in tongues because both are listed in the spiritual gifts.. one cannot operate without the other. The discerning of spirits is also listed but your post indicates that you can't discern between good or bad. Because you said that 'it frightened you'.

God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and of a sound mind. Those who fear are not perfected in love. And the apostle Paul indicated that without love the gifts won't work. So you are in biblical contradiction.

Any operation of the gifts carries with it the discerning to know if it is of God. The apostle John said that you have the anointing that you know all things.. it can be added.. knowing all concerning the gifts of the Spirit that a believer is chosen by the Holy Spirit to operate in.

You mentioned that others verified that what you called the word of knowledge was legitimate. That cannot be accepted as true without you sharing an example of what you actually spoke. But, if the above criteria is not there then the validity is slim that you have operated in the word of knowledge. You haven't even described the word of knowledge to prove that you know exactly what it is. Or how to tell the difference between the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom.

so it comes down to the fact i 'm just not a very good christian then? ok, did think so much. thanks for confirming this.

• Prayers
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And what would these thing be in a nut shell or maybe you can give me a link where you've talked about these things.

I don't wish to derail this thread so I can't tell you. It's controversial. It's basically many important things in the Bible that is outright ignored, dismissed by denominational sects. It's like they're more anti, than pro-Christ.

If you have the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit will tell you anyway so I really don't have to tell you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so it comes down to the fact i 'm just not a very good christian then? ok, did think so much. thanks for confirming this.
But I do not think you need to be first or mainly concerned about what your label is, if you see what I mean.

Instead, first simply offer yourself to God to make you clear, whenever you are not clear.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

And when I know I am not being submissive to God and clear in His peace in my mind . . . God alone is able to correct us; so I do not need to be trying to do my own magic and meditation to make myself submissive to God in His peace. But trust and depend on Him >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

So, yeah you can admit you're not a great Christian; but we need our attention to all God desires and is able to do in us. Trust Him in us to do all He means by every scripture . . . His love meaning.

And we know Peter wasn't so great > he was able to deny Jesus three times. But you can read what Jesus did about that > Luke 22:31-34.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Excuse me for following along the same responses that most were giving you.

You are the one who equates the well discerned advice from most responders to mean that you're not a good Christian if you don't have what it takes to operate in the word of knowledge.

Yes, it takes qualification.. as well as dedication. None of what I said means that you never could be used by God in the gifts. I just said that you have things in your life now that make it not likely now. As most responders also said in their own individual way.

But even if you were not chosen for it.. does that really make you or any of us less of a Christian? No. The apostle Paul never said that at all.

I'm saying no different than what we all need to do. Grow in faith and in the knowledge of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

but why cant people with mental imapirments be used by God? God usese peole liek Joni Erickson Tada, Nick Vuljic etc they have disabilities and Gd uses them mightlily???? my friend had cancer for 3 years- God still used her. i do not see how having a disability would mean God cannot use me? that am not a clean vessel????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Excuse me for following along the same responses that most were giving you.

You are the one who equates the well discerned advice from most responders to mean that you're not a good Christian if you don't have what it takes to operate in the word of knowledge.

Yes, it takes qualification.. as well as dedication. None of what I said means that you never could be used by God in the gifts. I just said that you have things in your life now that make it not likely now. As most responders also said in their own individual way.

But even if you were not chosen for it.. does that really make you or any of us less of a Christian? No. The apostle Paul never said that at all.

I'm saying no different than what we all need to do. Grow in faith and in the knowledge of the Lord.

it isnt about the words fo knowledge. like i said, my church has mentored me in my prophetic callign and gifts....those have never been in doubt.

it was the fact you said mental illness means i am not apure vessel??? so how do you explain God using people with disabilities like Joni Erackson Tada and Nick Vuljic then? they are disabled. but God uses them?????

i dont understnad why i cant be used by God because i have brain disorder?? i have known christians with dementia, down sysndorme etc be used by God. why not me????

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

where in the Bible does it say that people with mental impairments cannot be used by God in His kingdom? where does it say we have to be quakified to enter th ekingdowm of God? you do know that all who call on the nam,e of Jesus are saved, don't you???? that there are christians in heaven who have ben saved simply by faith in Christis finished work alone???? there are christians in heaven who never were used in ministry.... there ar eno qualifications to enter the kingdom of heaven other than faith,

no on eis righteous, exceot the rightewousness Jesus imputed to us. and all who recieve that and live in it are the sons f God...

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but why cant people with mental imapirments be used by God? God usese peole liek Joni Erickson Tada, Nick Vuljic etc they have disabilities and Gd uses them mightlily???? my friend had cancer for 3 years- God still used her. i do not see how having a disability would mean God cannot use me? that am not a clean vessel????
The disability of Joni Erickson Tada is physical, she doesn't operate in giving words of knowledge. Yours is the admitted mental issues.. which would effect your thinking ability and thus effect the accurate operation of the word of knowledge... your friend with the cancer.. did she operate in the word of knowledge or any of the other gifts that require the speaking in tongues? Does Joni Erickson Tada or Nick Vuljic?

I'll assume that they don't.. Does it mean that they are not good enough Christians? No. You've said that God uses them mightily. I don't know two of them, I barely know of Joni Erickson Tada. I'd agree that she is used mightily in ministry to believers.

Why do you want to be used of God in that particular gift?.. why do you call it bizarre and creepy? You aren't aware how contradictory that is. You don't realize that using such words can grieve the Holy Spirit through which the gifts come.

If you seek to be used of God then I advise that you not speak of the word of knowledge or any of the gifts of the Spirit as something bizarre and most of all, not creepy. Just because the word of God never describes the gifts of the Spirit that way. They are called edifying, exhorting and comforting/encouraging.

And yes, it does matter.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The disability of Joni Erickson Tada is physical, she doesn't operate in giving words of knowledge. Yours is the admitted mental issues.. which would effect your thinking ability and thus effect the accurate operation of the word of knowledge... your friend with the cancer.. did she operate in the word of knowledge or any of the other gifts that require the speaking in tongues? Does Joni Erickson Tada or Nick Vuljic?

I'll assume that they don't.. Does it mean that they are not good enough Christians? No. You've said that God uses them mightily. I don't know two of them, I barely know of Joni Erickson Tada. I'd agree that she is used mightily in ministry to believers.

Why do you want to be used of God in that particular gift?.. why do you call it bizarre and creepy? You aren't aware how contradictory that is. You don't realize that using such words can grieve the Holy Spirit through which the gifts come.

If you seek to be used of God then I advise that you not speak of the word of knowledge or any of the gifts of the Spirit as something bizarre and most of all, not creepy. Just because the word of God never describes the gifts of the Spirit that way. They are called edifying, exhorting and comforting/encouraging.

And yes, it does matter.

i wasnt talking about the prophecies i have given others which have been verified as true by 3 witnesses each time.

i was wondering why God is saying i need to be aware of eternal judgeemnt? i am unsure as to who this prophecy is for? becausi use my gift in the church to build up other believers?? so why would God be talkign baiut hell to those who are saved already? because usually Go dgives me encouraging gentle words that help affirm other christians in their walk with God and shows them how much God loves them and wants to set them free?

so this is why am not sure if this particular word is from God or satan??? in my experience christians are not given words that make them doubt their standing with God??? also i dont know who the believer or maybe it is a church, God wants me to give the word to?

6 months ago i lost my dearest friend. i am delaing with the fall out als of years of spiritual mental sexual and verbal abuse, much of it from my minister father. i am quite fragile at the moment. so i am not being nasty or blasphemous when i say i feel creepd out.... i am just wondering whether i am hearing satan because sometimes satan attacks us when am at a low point?

and if God is teling me am in danger of hellfire, i dont understand why. i have been born again. so am just a bit confused/

i think maybe what amhearing i sjust an illusion. not God at all. God comforts us. the devil makes us dpoubt our salvation and right standing with God.

so either this is satan or an illusion?

BTW grieving the holy spirit is an unforgiveable sin. i cant possibly have committed it because you cannot commit it unwitingly. it is wilful deliberate backsliding.

am sorry if you felt i was attackign you- this is not my intention. i asked my question with a sincere heart, no intent to attack anyone

please be aware that i am still learning. be gentle with those who ar enot yet mature in their faith. please.

• Prayers
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And yes, it does matter.

but none of us are without sin. God dosnt expect us to be without sickness because we are sinners, reaing the wages of our sins by beign sick or disabled. it is the way the world works.

God lets anyone be His children if they repent and believe in Him and Hi sfinished work in saving them. we not saved by beign good enough, that is a heresy, sadly too many churches preach.

Upvote 0