Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I never met or heard any woman refer to her baby as a fetus.
Ever.
Only those who abort the baby do I hear them use the term fetus or those who try to defend abortion.
They say devaluing things like, "it is only a fetus".
So no, I don't think pro-lifers are wrong for saying that using the term fetus devalues life when the majority of those who use the term are pro-abortion.

The fact that pro-lifers never use the word does not in any way mean it is devaluing human life. It is a life stage. There is no difference between calling an unborn baby a fetus and a newborn baby an infant.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Andrew77
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why does making it Jesus change anything? Why isn't this just an attempt to use people's emotions to cloud the issue?

Of course during the 1st Cent there were no safe methods of abortion. Christianity generally prohibited abortion. This was clearly good for women.

You take the example to the logical conclusion, to clearly define why it is wrong.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact that pro-lifers never use the word does not in any way mean it is devaluing human life. It is a life stage. If using a life stage wordi s devaluing life, don't call babies infants and two-year olds toddlers.
You are missing the point.
Never mind.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You are missing the point.

Never mind.

Well, I just checked my received ratings and saw at least three people agree nothing is wrong with calling a fetus what it is, so you are the one missing the point.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The fact that pro-lifers never use the word does not in any way mean it is devaluing human life. It is a life stage. There is no difference between calling an unborn baby a fetus and a newborn baby an infant.
I would officially like to challenge you to refer to your growing baby as a fetus during your pregnancy if you ever become pregnant. Don’t ever call it your baby or child.

I think this is just one of those instances where someone who’s never had a child doesn’t “get it” yet. No offense.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I just checked my received ratings and saw at least three people agree nothing is wrong with calling a fetus what it is, so you are the one missing the point.
Yea for your ratings and illogical conclusions.
I don't care if you received a gazillion ratings.
You still obviously missed the point.
Women who love and value their children DO NOT REFER TO THEM AS A FETUS.
Those who do and are for abortion refer to the baby as a glob of cells or just a fetus.
Words and context mean something.
That apparently doesn't concern you.
What apparently concerns you are ratings.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would officially like to challenge you to refer to your growing baby as a fetus during your pregnancy if you ever become pregnant. Don’t ever call it your baby or child.

I think this is just one of those instances where someone who’s never had a child doesn’t “get it” yet. No offense.

I will never get pregnant, but my sister had two pregnancies (the second with twins) and I am the seocnd of three children. I called the fetuses babies because that is what people do in normal conversations. That is a social skill when people are not talking about abortion, but when we do talk about abortion, fetus is a good word to use.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

THREAD IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

231042_a2a30c9a7208dec7272c5d971d37f5fb.jpg

Staff has voted to leave this thread permanently closed. It has served its purpose at 16 pages, but there are flaming issues and reports coming in. I realize this is a sensitive issue, but please take care when debating matters such as this that you do not start flaming/goading others who disagree with you.

The full list of site rules can be found here.

MOD HAT OFF

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.