Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
When I click on that attachment I encounter the following----Christian Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
I've set the image to show ONLY IF the prewrath rapture happens. (kidding) I don't know what's wrong with it.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Show me the specific verses (in the mouth of two or three witnesses) that the 1,000 years reign of the saints, takes place on earth, and not as I showed from the scripture:

[1] The “thousand years” reign “in Heaven” [Psalms 50:5; Matthew 5:3,8,10,12, 6:20, 13:30, 24:31; Mark 10:21, 13:27; Luke 6:23, 18:22, 23:43; John 14:2-3, 17:24; Colossians 1:5; Hebrews 10:34; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 7:9, 14:3, 19:1 KJB; “Paradise”, Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7 KJB] with Christ Jesus [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:6 KJB] and

[2] The “reign on earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth; 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; Revelation 21:1 KJB] that lasts “forever and ever” [Revelation 5:10 KJB; “meek inherit earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth], Psalms 37:9,11,34; Proverbs 11:31; Isaiah 25:8, 65:21; Daniel 7:27; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 5:10 KJB].

I'll wait.

What happens is that people cite the texts which say "reign on the earth", but nowhere does it state that this is the 1,000 year period, and confuse it with the eternal (for ever and ever) reign, after all is said an done.

I cited Daniel, properly. Daniel 7:22, when the saints "possess" the Kingdom, is after a "time" happens. Notice that the "time" came. That doesn't happen until after the events I already cited happen.

As for the word "bottomless pit", as found in the GNT TR of Revelation 9:1,2,11, 11:7, 17:8, 20:1, it is the Koine Greek "αβυσσου" [abussou, or abyssou], in GNT TR of Revelation 20:3, it is again "αβυσσον" [abusson, or abysson], which in the transliterated English is the word "abyss", which according to the first use in Genesis, means the "deep", being in "darkness", and "without form and void [empty of/having no life]", thus is associated with a dark chaotic wilderness/desert [water or earth], symbolic of death/no life (see Revelation 9:1,2,11, 17:8, 20:1,3; Luke 8:31; Romans 10:7. See also the so-called LXX uses in (LXX) Genesis 1:2, 7:11, 8:2; Deuteronomy 8:7, 33:13; Job 38:16,30, 41:32 (41:24); Psalms 33:7 (32:7), 71:20 (70:20), 71:21 (70:21), 78:15 (77:15), 106:9 (105:9), 107:26 (106:26), 135:6 (134:6); Proverbs 8:24; Isaiah 44:27, 51:10, 63:13; and in the apocryphal books/texts of (LXX) Daniel 3:54; Wisdom 10:19; Sirach 24:5,29.), as per: Jeremiah 4:23-28, 25:15-38; Zephaniah 1:2-3,14-18; Isaiah 2:6-22, 11:4, 24:1-6,17-22, 34:1-17 and in Psalms 37:13 already mentioned above and in Psalms 149:8 (and surrounding context).

Therefore, again, and without obfuscation, here is what I require from you in your next reply:

Show me the specific verses (in the mouth of two or three witnesses) that the 1,000 years reign of the saints, takes place on earth, and not as I showed from the scripture.

Is the word of God not good enough for you that you need a couple of people to confirm the word of God?

Revelation 20:9 And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.
Rev 20 itself says Gog shall compass the camp of the saints about.
Now if you claim the camp of the saints is on jupiter then how is Gog going tocarry all his weapons up there?

Geez dude.Theres a couple of chapters in,ezekiel alone that says Gog invades israel .
Get your head out of the clouds.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So I'm a pharisee and you're Jesus.

If we can examine this without the hyperbole, you have put me in a position of having to make a choice. My two options are the Ecumenical Councils or you. I know where the Ecumenical Councils got their authority from, it came from Jesus Christ:

copyChkboxOff.gif
Mat 18:19 - Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

I can take the side of the Ecumenical Councils, or I can take your side. I am giving you the opportunity to state your case and convince me.

You will follow who you wish.
I will stick with the word of God and i know his word is true.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me the specific verses (in the mouth of two or three witnesses) that the 1,000 years reign of the saints, takes place on earth, and not as I showed from the scripture:

[1] The “thousand years” reign “in Heaven” [Psalms 50:5; Matthew 5:3,8,10,12, 6:20, 13:30, 24:31; Mark 10:21, 13:27; Luke 6:23, 18:22, 23:43; John 14:2-3, 17:24; Colossians 1:5; Hebrews 10:34; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 7:9, 14:3, 19:1 KJB; “Paradise”, Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7 KJB] with Christ Jesus [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:6 KJB] and

[2] The “reign on earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth; 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; Revelation 21:1 KJB] that lasts “forever and ever” [Revelation 5:10 KJB; “meek inherit earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth], Psalms 37:9,11,34; Proverbs 11:31; Isaiah 25:8, 65:21; Daniel 7:27; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 5:10 KJB].

I'll wait.

What happens is that people cite the texts which say "reign on the earth", but nowhere does it state that this is the 1,000 year period, and confuse it with the eternal (for ever and ever) reign, after all is said an done.

I cited Daniel, properly. Daniel 7:22, when the saints "possess" the Kingdom, is after a "time" happens. Notice that the "time" came. That doesn't happen until after the events I already cited happen.

As for the word "bottomless pit", as found in the GNT TR of Revelation 9:1,2,11, 11:7, 17:8, 20:1, it is the Koine Greek "αβυσσου" [abussou, or abyssou], in GNT TR of Revelation 20:3, it is again "αβυσσον" [abusson, or abysson], which in the transliterated English is the word "abyss", which according to the first use in Genesis, means the "deep", being in "darkness", and "without form and void [empty of/having no life]", thus is associated with a dark chaotic wilderness/desert [water or earth], symbolic of death/no life (see Revelation 9:1,2,11, 17:8, 20:1,3; Luke 8:31; Romans 10:7. See also the so-called LXX uses in (LXX) Genesis 1:2, 7:11, 8:2; Deuteronomy 8:7, 33:13; Job 38:16,30, 41:32 (41:24); Psalms 33:7 (32:7), 71:20 (70:20), 71:21 (70:21), 78:15 (77:15), 106:9 (105:9), 107:26 (106:26), 135:6 (134:6); Proverbs 8:24; Isaiah 44:27, 51:10, 63:13; and in the apocryphal books/texts of (LXX) Daniel 3:54; Wisdom 10:19; Sirach 24:5,29.), as per: Jeremiah 4:23-28, 25:15-38; Zephaniah 1:2-3,14-18; Isaiah 2:6-22, 11:4, 24:1-6,17-22, 34:1-17 and in Psalms 37:13 already mentioned above and in Psalms 149:8 (and surrounding context).

Therefore, again, and without obfuscation, here is what I require from you in your next reply:

Show me the specific verses (in the mouth of two or three witnesses) that the 1,000 years reign of the saints, takes place on earth, and not as I showed from the scripture.

Why would anyone need to reign in heaven a thousand years? To do and accomplish exactly what? Also, does this mean in heaven they view time the same way we do on earth? After all, years have to do with earthly matters. Check out Genesis 1 again. Before the beginning meant there, there apparently was no such thing as years which are derived from 24 hour days.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Persistent - testing the system.
Oct 9, 2018
;) wouldn't you like to know.
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
As a former member of a Calvary Chapel church and a former teacher of modern Dispensational Theology, Steve Gregg "seriously" understands what many are promoting, because he used to promote it himself.
He "seriously" misunderstands a lot, even the basics of the New Covenant and Gospel itself, and carries with him the germ of many incorrect theologies, and still promotes a lot of what he was before. "Calvary Chapel" (was that a name drop?, if so, means nothing to me, except more erroneous materials), is not relevant to the OP, is it? and neither Steve G.

Stick to Bible.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Actually the reign starts when Jesus returns to this earth.
I agree about the "reign" (though there is already a reign now, on the heart), but not about the location of said reign. As stated, there is not a single text which declares that Jesus' reign upon His second Advent is upon this sin polluted earth, which will be wracked by the 7 last plagues and great earthquake etc., as already cited. The saints are caught up together unto Jesus at the 2nd Advent, and as stated in:

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Joh 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Notice again:

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. ("bring with him (Jesus)" where? Back to Heavenly Father's House, as in the wedding, look at the context)
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The 1,000 years reign is in Heaven as already cited. No text has been produced which says otherwise.

The reign upon the earth made new, is forever and ever, not 1,000 years. There are two reigns, one leading into the other, in differing locations, for differing purposes.

The new earth is not till the end of the 1000 years.
I already agree, thus proving my earlier points, and scriptural references, that there are no reigning saints on the sin polluted, and desolated earth, great earthquake which ruptures the earth again and the falling of the last plagues and their devastation (look at the texts I already cited on the empty earth, except for satan and his angels, trapped here in the pit), with the atmosphere ripped away at the 2nd Advent (2 Peter 3:10), and completed in the 3rd Advent (2 Peter 3:12). Again notice:

Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The 1,000 year Judgment is in Heaven:

Psa 149:5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
Psa 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
Psa 149:7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
Psa 149:8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
Psa 149:9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

But execution of that Judgment does not take place until after 1,000 years, the "time" specified in Daniel, and other places, and notice the delineation of the "and" which are separation of time:

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There is no solid reason not to take the reign of Christ on earth as 1,000 literal years.
It is pretty clear folks.
The 1,000 years literal, "Yes." On the earth, "No." There is no such text, and people are conflating the "1,000" years reign (Heaven) for the saints inheriting the earth made new and the reign there, "for ever and ever".

By definition, "1000" (limited time span) is not "for ever and ever" (eternal time span).

Go, read all the texts which speak of "reign" "on the earth" and see if you find any context to 1,000 years, or rather is it "for ever and ever" nearby.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 1,000 years literal, "Yes." On the earth, "No." There is no such text, and people are conflating the "1,000" years reign (Heaven) for the saints inheriting the earth made new and the reign there, "for ever and ever".

By definition, "1000" (limited time span) is not "for ever and ever" (eternal time span).

Go, read all the texts which speak of "reign" "on the earth" and see if you find any context to 1,000 years, or rather is it "for ever and ever" nearby.

It will be a 1,000 year reign by Christ here on this present earth beginning at the Second Coming of Christ at the end of the 7 year tribulation.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Is the word of God not good enough for you
It is enough, do not assume otherwise, as you would be grossly incorrect and way outside of your knowledge of the situation of my own heart. That is not territory for you to trample upon. "Stay off the grass" as it were, and 'You kids get off my lawn.' :)

that you need a couple of people to confirm the word of God?
No. I already provided enough texts for anyone desirous to know the difference between truth, as scripture gives, and error, which men give.

KJB:

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Where did this "camp of the saints" come from? Heaven or Earth?

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

It came from Heaven, and it is after the Lord returns the 3rd time (with all of the saints), after the 1000 years.

Rev 20 itself says Gog shall compass the camp of the saints about.
Gog and Magog, indeed. All the wicked who ever lived since Cain, basically. The book of Revelation is drawing upon OT types, in the greater end anti-type. Just as the book of Revelation does for Jezebel, Balaam, Babylon, Egypt, etc. Symbolic names of OT events that now represent a greater historical event.

Now if you claim the camp of the saints is on jupiter
It is not on "Jupiter", but is in the 3rd heaven, well beyond Jupiter.

The Bible speaks of how it (the Jerusalem above) shall come to earth, and it deals with the star systems, Orion and the Pleiades (7 sisters, 7 stars), and the opening and closing of the Heavens as seen throughout scripture.

then how is Gog going tocarry all his weapons up there?
"Gog" isn't. God and the city is coming down to them on a differing location than Mt. Moriah (earthly Jerusalem), but rather to the east of it, on the Mt. of Olives (Zechariah 14), as was done in Ezekiel as a type (Glory of God moved over to the east).

Isa_24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days (1000 years, Rev. 20) shall they be visited (come back down to earth after 1000 years; Rev. 21).

As already shown.

Geez dude.
"Geez" is a twisting of "Jesus". Please don't use that.

"Dude" is a well dressed man (look it up). I am wearing the wedding garments God gave me.

Theres a couple of chapters in,ezekiel alone that says Gog invades israel.
I already know, but it is not speaking of some area in Palestine, but in spiritual matters, see 1 Corinthians 15:46. Who is "Gog" spiritually, rather than phsyically. Jesus is Israel, see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; and his children are His disciples, see Hebrews 2:9-13 (vs 13) and Isaiah 8:8-20 (vs 16,18); John 13:33, and so on.

Get your head out of the clouds.
What you believe about Heaven is "clouds" and aether, but what I believe is what scripture says it is, real tangible place, that Jesus ascended to with real flesh and bones in a glorified body to go back to His Father's House, where the person of the Father really is, bodily, since the Son is the "express image" of the Father.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Benjamin Calvary

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It will be a 1,000 year reign by Christ here on this present earth beginning at the Second Coming of Christ
Scripture please. I want the most exact and precise and clearest text that says that please. Produce that text, even one.

at the end of the 7 year tribulation.
All assumed. No text says that either. People borrow from Noah and Daniel, eisegetically.

Daniels 70 weeks are long since past. They began in the 7th Year of Artaxerxes I Longimanus/Machrocheir, in the fall of 457 BC, as per Ezra 7, and Ezra 6:14 "the commandment of God"; Daniel 9:25 "the commandment". This date is scripturally fixed, chronologically fixed, astronomically fixed. It is sure and immovable. Which 70 weeks (490 years) ended in AD 34 in Acts 7 with the stoning of Stephen, and Jesus "stood" and closed probation for the "nation", though individuals still have opportunity. Hebrews 2:3; Romans 15:8.

Will saints go through tribulation? Oh yes. How long? Scripture doesn't explicitly say, otherwise, one would be able to 'date' the return of Christ before the close of probation which will not happen, since the voice of the Father Himself speaks forth the day and hour from Heaven, and whose voice will roll through the whole earth as thunder. The righteous will understand but not the wicked, as in so many places in scripture.

Could it be 7 years? Sure. Could it be 3 1/2? Sure. Could be as long as the time in Esther, about a year. Could it be about the time of the whole Exodus from Egypt in the time of Moses? Sure. Could be many things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stick to Bible.

OK.

How do you deal with "the time of the judgment of the dead", with "reward" for some, and "destruction" for others in Revelation 11:18, since there is another reference to the judgment of the dead in Revelation 20?

How many mortals are left alive on the planet after the sheep and goat judgment in Matthew 25:31-46?
How does this affect your view of Revelation 20?

If Christ returns "in flaming fire" at His Second Coming in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, how does this agree with your view of when the fire comes in Revelation 20?

How do you make 2 Timothy 4:1 work with your view of Revelation 20?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is enough, do not assume otherwise, as you would be grossly incorrect and way outside of your knowledge of the situation of my own heart. That is not territory for you to trample upon. "Stay off the grass" as it were, and 'You kids get off my lawn.' :)

No. I already provided enough texts for anyone desirous to know the difference between truth, as scripture gives, and error, which men give.

KJB:

Where did this "camp of the saints" come from? Heaven or Earth?

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

It came from Heaven, and it is after the Lord returns the 3rd time (with all of the saints), after the 1000 years.

Gog and Magog, indeed. All the wicked who ever lived since Cain, basically. The book of Revelation is drawing upon OT types, in the greater end anti-type. Just as the book of Revelation does for Jezebel, Balaam, Babylon, Egypt, etc. Symbolic names of OT events that now represent a greater historical event.

It is not on "Jupiter", but is in the 3rd heaven, well beyond Jupiter.

The Bible speaks of how it (the Jerusalem above) shall come to earth, and it deals with the star systems, Orion and the Pleiades (7 sisters, 7 stars), and the opening and closing of the Heavens as seen throughout scripture.

"Gog" isn't. God and the city is coming down to them on a differing location than Mt. Moriah (earthly Jerusalem), but rather to the east of it, on the Mt. of Olives (Zechariah 14), as was done in Ezekiel as a type (Glory of God moved over to the east).

Isa_24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days (1000 years, Rev. 20) shall they be visited (come back down to earth after 1000 years; Rev. 21).

As already shown.

"Geez" is a twisting of "Jesus". Please don't use that.

"Dude" is a well dressed man (look it up). I am wearing the wedding garments God gave me.

I already know, but it is not speaking of some area in Palestine, but in spiritual matters, see 1 Corinthians 15:46. Who is "Gog" spiritually, rather than phsyically. Jesus is Israel, see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; and his children are His disciples, see Hebrews 2:9-13 (vs 13) and Isaiah 8:8-20 (vs 16,18); John 13:33, and so on.

What you believe about Heaven is "clouds" and aether, but what I believe is what scripture says it is, real tangible place, that Jesus ascended to with real flesh and bones in a glorified body to go back to His Father's House, where the person of the Father really is, bodily, since the Son is the "express image" of the Father.

So youbelieve new jetusalem,comes down,outof heaven before the earth passes away?

Revelation 20:9 And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.

Putting the cart before the horse.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The only way you can make the above work is by ignoring the following scripture.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Who's ignoring them? And why are you ignoring the verse's I quoted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

It pases away at His 2nd coming. This earth is left desolate and totally destroyed for those 1000 years. Satan and his angels are here, bound to an empty planet devoid of a living soul for the saved are with Jesus in heaven and the lost are all dead until their judgment day. See post #37. The new Jerusalem does not come down to this earth until after the wicked are destroyed. Which is after the 1000 years.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new Jerusalem does not come down to this earth until after the wicked are destroyed. Which is after the 1000 years.

2Ti 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

Rev 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
2Ti 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

Rev 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

OK---what is it you think this means??

Upvote 0

RedRider

Oct 12, 2018
Apopka
✟9,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Convince me the 1,000 years of Revelation must be understood as 1,000 literal years, please.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

I believe that ALL the days listed in both Daniel and Revelation are literal and what's more, I believe I can prove it. In fact, it is so simple, once you see it, you may wonder why it never occurred to you.

First, remember that Daniel 8 tells us the Apocalypse will last 2300 days. (Dan 8:14). This is important because it gives you a definitive overall time.

Also remember that Revelation tells us that the 42 months and the 1260 days are the same (Rev 11:2-3). This is important because it tells us that months are to be counted as 30 days each since 1260 divided by 42 equals 30. You will see why this is important momentarily.

Now consider that Daniel 9 tells you that 70 weeks are determined on the people. For the sake of this study, we will consider it literal which is 490 days.

Now begin to count all the days listed in Revelation. There are no days associated with the 1st through 4th Angels (since their actions are probably covered in the aforementioned 490 days), but starting with the 5th, you have 5 months or 150 days (Rev 9:5), the 6th Angel is assigned 1 year, 1 month, 1 day and 1 hour which equals 365 1/4 day + 30 days day and 1 hour or 396 1/4 days + 1 hr (Rev 9:15). and as mentioned before the 7th Angel is assigned 1,260 days (Rev 13:2).

Lastly, we cannot forget the 3 and ½ days the Two Witnesses lay dead before they are resurrected (Rev 11:9).

Now simply add them up.

70-weeks = 490 days
+5 months = 150 days
+1 year, 1 month, 1 day and 1 hour = 365 1/4 day + 30 days day & 1 hour = 396 1/4 days + 1 hr.
+ 1,260 days
+ 3 and ½ days

2299 and ¾ days + 1 hour

This puts us late into the 2300th day and thus reaches our goal.

Because of the above easily checked out facts, I am convinced all the days I have shown, which is the majority (if not all) of the days mentioned in these two books of the Bible relating to the Apocalypse, are meant to be considered as literal days. I have found that those who disagree with me on this, do not do so because what I am showing is incorrect, but because they simply believe something these facts don't fit into and therefore cannot accept this simple math.

As a result of what I have just shown you, it stands to reason in my mind that if all these days are literal, which I think they are since they add up correctly, then the 1000 years is most likely literal too.

However, it does require a complete reworking of the accepted current teachings once you begin thinking deeply about it.

I apologize for the length of this post, but to understand it, I felt there was no other way.

Upvote 0