Sebring, FL
✟663,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"I like Putin, he likes me." Donald Trump said this about Russian leader Vladimir Putin as recently as September 21, 2020. Trump has been saying similar things ever since he declared his candidacy.

This affinity for an authoritarian leader isn't just a vague attitude. The US Treasury has called pro-Russian Ukrainian politician Adrii Derkach a "Russian agent." Derkach has close ties to Rudy Guiliani, who is Donald Trump's personal lawyer.

It's not as if peace with Russia is assured. We could be at war with Russia at almost any time. For instance, on October 19, 2020, Stars and Stripes ran the headline:

US jets intercept Russian bombers off Alaskan coast for 14th time this year

The Russian bombers in the headline were a convoy of five planes. It may be that incidents like this don't make much of an impression on the public because we don't think of Alaska as a war zone. Aerial confrontations have also happened in Europe and in the Middle East. Two Russian fighters intercepted an American B-52 over the Black Sea. The Pentagon accused Russia of an " 'unsafe and unprofessional' interception."

As a website called The War Zone reported, in 2017:

Russian Su-25 Almost Hits US F-22 During Intercept Over Syria, But Is There More Going On?

The War Zone says that these abrasive encounters over Iraq and Syria have lasted as long as forty minutes and says, "these incidents are becoming increasingly common."

To sum up, while this situation could drag on for years, we could also find ourselves embroiled in a war. The next war could start by accident, if one of these aerial encounters goes haywire, or it could start by design. Putin's Russia is doing these things for a purpose.

Conclusion: I can't ask the young Americans who will serve in the military during this war to fight Russia under a President who thinks Vladimir Putin and the system he represents is terrific.

Links

Trump says he likes Putin. US intelligence says Russia is attacking American democracy. - CNNPolitics

46398_63183117.jpg - Air Force - Stripes

Russian Su-25 Almost Hits US F-22 During Intercept Over Syria, But Is There More Going On?

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Liking someone personally doesn't mean you approve of their actions. I mean, it's not like he sold a stockpile of uranium to Putin in exchange for 'donations' to a private fund.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I like Putin, he likes me." Donald Trump said this about Russian leader Vladimir Putin as recently as September 21, 2020. Trump has been saying similar things ever since he declared his candidacy.

This affinity for an authoritarian leader isn't just a vague attitude. The US Treasury has called pro-Russian Ukrainian politician Adrii Derkach a "Russian agent." Derkach has close ties to Rudy Guiliani, who is Donald Trump's personal lawyer.

It's not as if peace with Russia is assured. We could be at war with Russia at almost any time. For instance, on October 19, 2020, Stars and Stripes ran the headline:

The Russian bombers in the headline were a convoy of five planes. It may be that incidents like this don't make much of an impression on the public because we don't think of Alaska as a war zone. Aerial confrontations have also happened in Europe and in the Middle East. Two Russian fighters intercepted an American B-52 over the Black Sea. The Pentagon accused Russia of an " 'unsafe and unprofessional' interception."

The War Zone says that these abrasive encounters over Iraq and Syria have lasted as long as forty minutes and says, "these incidents are becoming increasingly common."

To sum up, while this situation could drag on for years, we could also find ourselves embroiled in a war. The next war could start by accident, if one of these aerial encounters goes haywire, or it could start by design. Putin's Russia is doing these things for a purpose.

Conclusion: I can't ask the young Americans who will serve in the military during this war to fight Russia under a President who thinks Vladimir Putin and the system he represents is terrific.

Links

Trump says he likes Putin. US intelligence says Russia is attacking American democracy. - CNNPolitics

Putin is hoping Biden wins.
Putin Endorses Joe Biden: Democrats and Russian Communists Have 'Shared Values'

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟323,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Links

Russia is not a threat to the United States. Russia is a waning power at best, on its way to all but obscurity. And that dictator, Putin, allows the Russian Church to flourish without interference. So Christianity is alive and well in Russia.

China, on the other hand, is a rising atheist power with plans for expansion. And China persecutes the Church. One of the most contentious areas of the world right now is the South China Sea, where China has been building Islands in international waters and claiming the territory for itself.

And guess who's neck deep in China. Joe Biden. We already know from Biden's public statements on China and the Obama/Biden administration's response to their aggression in the South China Sea that Biden is not the man we need as President. And given his announcement that he supports taxpayer funded abortion he is no leader of Christians.

Add all of that to the confirmed Hunter Biden emails floating around detailing the Biden family's business dealings in China -and elsewhere- and imagine all that dirt floating around then imagine how much other dirt the Chinese Communist Party has waiting in the wings.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="HTacianas, post: 75462398, member: 411268"And guess who's neck deep in China. Joe Biden.[/QUOTE]Wait, wait, wait.

I thought it was trump that had bank accounts in China and has been paying 6 figure taxes there.

And isn't it trump that gets a lot of his MAGA merchandise manufactured in China?

And isn't it Ivanka Trump that gets a lot of her fashion merchandise manufactured in China?

And isn't it Ivanka Trump that registered a bunch of trademarks (including, oddly enough, one for voting machines) in China?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟323,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="HTacianas, post: 75462398, member: 411268"And guess who's neck deep in China. Joe Biden.
Wait, wait, wait.

I thought it was trump that had bank accounts in China and has been paying 6 figure taxes there.

And isn't it trump that gets a lot of his MAGA merchandise manufactured in China?

And isn't it Ivanka Trump that gets a lot of her fashion merchandise manufactured in China?

And isn't it Ivanka Trump that registered a bunch of trademarks (including, oddly enough, one for voting machines) in China?[/QUOTE]

Does any of that equate to influence peddling or secret dealings leaving someone to being extorted?

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A lot of great responses on the Republican side. In addition to all the stuff raised with China, Hillary Clinton and Russia etc. I would have to raise the rioting, and anarchy at home as another big weakness of the Democrats. I like 45 minutes away from Philadelphia that has had "BLM Protests" and the looting and arson that tends to go with the for the last two days or so. Most of the time, the Democrats are perfectly happy to let that stuff go on, and actually verbally support it (with a few caveats of course). It is only when it begins to hurt them in the polls or when the house of one of their mayors or governor's is threatened when action is taken.

And of course we also see states that go heavily blue go to pot. I was born in California and spent my 1st 47 years of my life there. So much has gone wrong in that state once it became one party rule by the Democrats. We got poop patrols. Giving sanctuary to MS 13 criminals. Tons of money spent on a North by South bullet train that practically nobody wants or needs, when water and drought has always been an issue in the state and their is not enough reservoirs and other water accumulation infrastructure like covered aqueducts and canals for those years that the state is blessed with abundant snow and rain.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟663,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Links

This is a good post.

Unfortunately, I suspect it will fall on deaf ears. There is an overlap between the "family values" crowd in the US and in Russia. Think people like Konstantin Malofeev, for example. There's quite a bit of back and to and collaboration between these groups.

Without wishing to generalise, there are plenty of Christians who will quite happily support authoritarianism if it targets the "right" groups of people. Women, back in the kitchen; gay people, back in the closet, etc.

Edit: and based on some of the responses here, we can also add: pfft, why should we stop disproportionately shooting black people?

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How about we don't go to war with Russia?

Criticising Russia does not mean people are clamouring for war with Russia. It's harsh language, not reaching for the nuclear football.

Ironically, Russia tends to love this line, as it scares silly people away from criticising them when they've screwed up.

Russia, (like the US and the UK in their own ways at the moment) is a profoundly mentally insecure country, and we would do well not to play along with their ramblings.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟663,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How about we don't go to war with Russia?

You are assuming that we will have a choice. Should we stop intercepting coveys of Russian bombers heading for Alaska?

I've noticed that a lot of Americans seem to think that war is something that happens 12,000 miles away, on the other side of the world. If there is any truth in that notion, it's because the American military has been strong enough to keep it that way.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Trump has given us the greatest economy ever.

Trump has ended the endless wars.

Trump has brought everlasting Peace to the Middle East.

Trump has risen to work THREE days after being infected by the COVID-19.

Trump is Gods choice to lead America and the World.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Does any of that equate to influence peddling or secret dealings leaving someone to being extorted?
Yes, it certainly could. And is actually way more evidence that the trumps could be guilty of influence peddling and/or secret dealings leaving them open to extortion, than anything the conservatives have that the Biden's are.

So, we have documented evidence of trump dealings in China vs. insunuations that Biden has dealings in China.

I think most rational people can see the difference.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Americans don’t want some ancient and frail over the hill nobody who has never amounted to anything and is creepy around women, especially teenage girls. Americans want Trump!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟663,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Liking someone personally doesn't mean you approve of their actions. I mean, it's not like he sold a stockpile of uranium to Putin in exchange for 'donations' to a private fund.

SeventyOne: "Liking someone personally doesn't mean you approve of their actions."

I haven't known Donald Trump to make subtle distinctions like that.

On selling "a stockpile of uranium to Putin," meaning to Russia, you are bringing up a messy controversy involving the Clintons which happened during the Obama Adminstration. An American company, Uranium One, was sold to the Russian nuclear energy agency Rosatom. The deal was first announced in 2010.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission said that no uranium had ever been shipped to Russia as a result of this deal, in a 2015 statement.

Factcheck.org concluded: "...there is no evidence that donations to the Clinton Foundation from people with ties to Uranium One or Bill Clinton’s speaking fee influenced Hillary Clinton’s official actions."

Link
The Facts on Uranium One - FactCheck.org

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The story you cite seems to have been made up. I'm certainly not familiar with the source.

If Putin wants Biden to win, why are Russian hackers--Russian GOVERNMENT hackers-- putting out lies, lies, lies, lies, lies and more lies to get Donald Trump re-elected?

I don't have an issue with Russia supporting either one. I just thought you saw it as important and figured you should know who Putin is now supporting.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,467.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is so sad that a thread like this is even necessary. I have only voted for one Republican president in my lifetime, George H.W. Bush, and I have always voted for the candidate whom I believe is most dedicated to the common good.

There is only one way that any candidate can impress me with how "pro-life" he or she is--and that is by his/her behavior toward the poor, the elderly, the disabled, ethnic and racial minorities, refugees, etc.--with those who are walking the earth with me this very moment.

If they take those simple steps they will be eliminating many abortions at the get-go.

It makes me sad to hear young people I know say that they don't plan on having children because they have lost hope in the future because our elected leaders are turning this country into a heartless isolationist oligarchy.

How do we give these young people faith in the future? Kindness. Compassion. Concern for the already born.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Americans don’t want some ancient and frail over the hill nobody who has never amounted to anything and is creepy around women, especially teenage girls. Americans want Trump!

The economy is doing better, why would you hurt the irony meter industry in this way

• Haha
Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I like Putin too. He's a conservative and pro-Russia (his country). There's nothing wrong with his ideals, of which I share on the American side of the house. Let's not go to war with Russia, or China for that matter....or anyone unless we're attacked.

Upvote 0