• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Whose approval?

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by Redeemed1, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redeemed1

Redeemed1 Passionate Worshiper

+1
    "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

I'm using this scripture to remind us that, although the need or desire to please people is often very strong in us, as Christians our first priority is to do what is approved of by God. If that conflicts with what would please others, then we are faced with a choice. Ideally, it would be an easy choice. But in the reality of our everyday lives, we will often automatically choose to do what will cause men (people) to approve of us, rather than consider God's approval first. I pray for all of us as the Body of Christ, that He will do a work in us that will make us "God pleasers" rather than "man pleasers".

Have a great day in Christ!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    An excellent reminder!

3. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Awesome, It's been a long while sense I look at that passge. Seems to me that people should us it more. Thanks, JohnR7

4. darkwoof

darkwoof Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    How true... I had experience with some of the people around me, friends especially, some of them even Christians themselves saying that it's difficult to live according to the bible, because times have changed, it just wasn't like last time, when the books were written.

Personally though, I felt that the bible is a VERY applicable guide on how we should live our lives. The lessons I've learnt from it helped me in my everyday life, and gave me peace. It even helped me solve much of the personal problems my cadet's encounter.

It truly is the divine inspired word of God.

Just my personal experience. :clap:

5. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    I agree with you 100%! If God changes not, then His word is as true today as when it was written. God's word is truly a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path!
    We are children of God and it is much better to have the attitude of pleasing the Lord, than to compromise our faith to please men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.