Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I never heard of him before, but I like his "southern-ness." haha Found this video...

He is really great and his messages really speak to ones heart.

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, my comments did contain a degree of generalization, I admit; and if that caused anyone to stumble, please forgive me. That said, I should point out that the term "televangelist" is an incredibly loaded term with justifiably negative connotation. Don't know your background, but I've seen a veritable plethora of indisputable charlatans come and go for over 50 years now - each one contributing to the term with their shenanigans.

Does that mean that all teachers and preachers / evangelists on television are "televangelists" ala the common use of the term? Of course not.

Now, I never asserted, or even implied that the only "way to consume Christian ministry" was from the local church pew. I acknowledged liking some individuals on TV - which I watch on occasion. Moreover, I regularly listen to several on radio each day to/from work - there's even a preset on my radio.

Nevertheless, if I am to be labeled unbiblical for a degree of hyperbole or generalization when referring to "televangelists" - attempting a general discussion of them might warrant either utilizing a different label, or if not - a degree of grace towards those whose comments were, in the tenor of the OP.... general.

That said - I would agree Tammy Faye Bakker might be considered one of a number of "quintessential televangelists."

FWIW - I like Ravi Zacharias (among a couple others) on both TV and radio.
Never heard of him, but he seems like a very logical guy.

Upvote 0

Geoghegan

Too many questions.
Jan 24, 2018
Chicago
✟16,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a ton! I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I have learned not to throw the baby out with the bathwater!
1. Bill Johnson (wow. that's all I'm going to say.)
2. Andrew Wommack (change your life, folks. honest.)
3. Jesse Duplantis (the man knows how God and money works and he's right!)
4. CHUCK MISSLER (if you don't believe in God, listen to anything by Chuck Missler. You'll take your shoe off and hit yourself in the head for not believing; he's THAT GOOD.)
5. Jentenzen Franklin (his book FASTING changed my life)
6. Perry Stone (meh, great teaching, not so great role model)
I mean, these are a few to start with. The Holy Spirit led me to the Fasting book many years ago, and about four years after I bought it I started to actually feel the pull of the Holy Spirit and the call to fast, and it has been a rollercoaster ever since. For people who have never fasted, you're missing out! Anyway, YouTube is great for teachings.

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a ton! I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I have learned not to throw the baby out with the bathwater!
1. Bill Johnson (wow. that's all I'm going to say.)
2. Andrew Wommack (change your life, folks. honest.)
3. Jesse Duplantis (the man knows how God and money works and he's right!)
4. CHUCK MISSLER (if you don't believe in God, listen to anything by Chuck Missler. You'll take your shoe off and hit yourself in the head for not believing; he's THAT GOOD.)
5. Jentenzen Franklin (his book FASTING changed my life)
6. Perry Stone (meh, great teaching, not so great role model)
I mean, these are a few to start with. The Holy Spirit led me to the Fasting book many years ago, and about four years after I bought it I started to actually feel the pull of the Holy Spirit and the call to fast, and it has been a rollercoaster ever since. For people who have never fasted, you're missing out! Anyway, YouTube is great for teachings.
Thank you for the list! I've heard of some of those, and I'm going to look up the others later when I'm off work. The fasting sounds interesting. ;^)

Reactions: Geoghegan
Upvote 0

Geoghegan

Too many questions.
Jan 24, 2018
Chicago
✟16,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the list! I've heard of some of those, and I'm going to look up the others later when I'm off work. The fasting sounds interesting. ;^)
I almost forgot: Francis Chan (He is funny and he reminds you that love is first)

Upvote 0