Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Sometimes I wonder if prophecy can even be worked out before it happens,

Really, a lot of the book of Ezekiel I think, is written to be read at some future point in time. Most surely during the 1000 year reign of Christ. But there is a lot of it that had meaning when it was written. I think Ezekiel had a great love for his fellow Priests at the time, even after God had shown him their defilement and corruption.

Also, there are parts that have meaning and apply to us today. For example the man in linen with a ink horn by his side in Ezekiel 9:4 And the Lord said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst." I am sure this very much has meaning for the bride today. The harlot church is out having a party. But the true Bride of Christ is sighing and groaning over the abominations they see in Jerusalem today. I do not mean Jerusalem as in Isreal. I mean Jerusalem as in the Church.

Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit will reveal a little bit about Ezekeil to me, and he almost becomes someone I would fellowship with at Church. Even John the beloved said our fellowship is with them. As they become less distant and more personal to us. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>The prophets of old were not always holy although god did use them.

There is a difference between the Holy Spirit of God coming upon a person and a person being filled or full of the Holy Spirit of God. One of the few times we read about a person being filled in the OT is the artists and the craftsman who built the temple. The same today. Only those who are actually building the Temple are filled or full of the Holy Spirit of God. Others just have the Holy Spirit of God upon them. As your passage in Joel says: Joel 2:28
"And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;

Upvote 0
"Bows, arrows, shields, spears, javelins and swords"

I think if we were living in the 1st century and had a vision of 21st century we would also call tanks, trucks as chariots and horses, fighter jets, helicopters as fiery angels, bees or wasps; rifles, missiles, machine guns, as bows, arrows, swords etc..

The whole idea of 200 million horsemen is a little bit silly. Wait til the oil runs out or we experience nuclear winter before talking about such things.

Upvote 0

celtic_crusader

Crusading Against Jihad
Feb 5, 2002
✟596.00
hey THUNDER,
why do you keep bumping this thread back to the top??

are you wanting someone to address this subject on a deeper level??? :)

are you interested :yum: because I don`t want to waist my time on the surface of the beliefs of others but I think you have something hear if we could look at it deeper.

is this why your bumping it???

celtic.

Upvote 0
I agree with just about all of Thunders conclusion on Ezekiel 38&39. I have studied this extensively, and not claiming to be the final word, it is good to see that others have pretty much interpreted the same conclusions. I see the Rapture as the next event on the prophetic time chart. Followed by the invasion of Israel by the Arab and Russian forces described by Thunder. Here I believe one should consider reading a little of Daniel as a comparative parallel. Daniel foretells of 10 Kingdoms. I believe these are the 10 regions that UN has separated the world into. Daniel says that 3 of these kingdoms will be subdued. It is my belief that one of the goals of the war of Ezekiel 38&39 is to subdue these 3 kingdoms. Daniel seems to indicate that the anti-christ secures a power base with the subduing of these 3 kingdoms. With further thought on this, I believe the only way for the anti-christ to secure his power base is by subduing these 3 kingdoms. If we look at the countries that are now represented from the land masses that are named. We find 2 of the kingdoms I believe that are referred to in the book of Daniel. These are kingdoms that are represented from the UN division of the world. They are 1. Russia ,and the countries that surround her southern borders. 2. And the nations of the middle-east. The 3rd kingdom that is to be subdued is North America, more specific, Canada, and the good ole USA. I believe that an all out invasion of Israel by the forces described, will result in a nuclear exchange. The reason I believe this, is because the invasion will be so massive and quick that conventional forces will not be able to aid Israel in time. With the tone of the world towards Israel, I do not see any helping her, except the US and England. Remember it took us 6 months to prepare to attack Iraq, and that was with the Reagan arms build-up. 80% of those arms were sent though the Panama Canal, which the Chinese now control. Israel, I believe will not be able to defend her borders by conventional means. She will opt a nuclear attack upon the Arab nations that are attacking her, and any targets their missiles can reach in Russia. This will activate Russia’s nuclear defense systems, as well as ours. I believe a limited exchange ( by design ) will take place between the US and Russia. The destruction of key military and selected strategic targets in both the US and Russia will reduce both countries to non super-power status. This will allow the anti-christ to take over and establish his 10 kingdom world government. Israel wins the war. The anti-christ will then sign the 7 year treaty with many as Daniel says. During the first half of the 7 years the temple is rebuilt. Note also that Gog and Magog have hooks in their jaws. It is believed that this is referring to the arms treaties that Russia has with several Arab nations. This, I believe means that Russia is drawn into the conflict, by the treaties they have signed. Once there, they will attempt to take advantage of the situation, and try to secure the oil supply of the region. They will attack Jew as well as Arab. Ezekiel describes this as the confusion amongst the forces attacking Israel, and they begin fighting between themselves.
Things to look for on the news:
1. Russian forces used as peace keepers.
2. Russia masses forces on the Turkey border.
When you see this I believe the Rapture will be very, very close. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

celtic_crusader

Crusading Against Jihad
Feb 5, 2002
✟596.00
how can the rapture be the next advent when the scriptures make it clear that the dead in christ will raise first.

then the saints that are alive will be caught up into space (not raptured by word).

so the next advent is the resurection from the dead of the saints of god.

not the rapture?????????

the rapture will come after that.

celtic.

ps. not realy the subject but a typical church quote which is formed by a denomination or a so called prophet.

"the rapture is the next advent."

those are not your words ,you have been told this.

celtic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>> I see the Rapture as the next event on the prophetic time chart.

The next "event" is for the gospel of the Kingdom to be preached to the whole world. Then the end will come.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Right now, there are two or three nations the gospel is not being preached in at all. But Jesus said the "gospel of the kingdom" and very few people today are actually preaching that gospel anywhere, much less in the world world. One the gospel has been fully preached, then God will remove what restrains and the world will be allowed to destroy itself. (2thes2:6)Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by JohnR7
>> I see the Rapture as the next event on the prophetic time chart.

The next "event" is for the gospel of the Kingdom to be preached to the whole world. Then the end will come.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Right now, there are two or three nations the gospel is not being preached in at all. But Jesus said the "gospel of the kingdom" and very few people today are actually preaching that gospel anywhere, much less in the world world. One the gospel has been fully preached, then God will remove what restrains and the world will be allowed to destroy itself. (2thes2:6)Thanks, JohnR7

You are right John,
I thought that was a given, since the church has been fulfilling that for almost 2000 years now. There are other prophecies that are still to be fulfilled, but I was only referring to the church itself. The gospel being preached sure is a long, long prophecy to be fulfilled, thanks to a loving and merciful God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>I thought that was a given, since the church has been fulfilling that for almost 2000 years now.

Yes, but now we are clearly in the latter rain. You can check my math on this, but as far as I know, there are more people alive today, then have lived in the last 2000 years. So this final harvest will by far be the greatest and bring the most people into the Kingdom.

Anyone who has done any gardening at all, knows the latter rains are greater than the early rains. The early rains tend to be light and frequent, to get the seeds to germinate and take root. The latter rains are heavy, because there is a lot of water in fruit, so the fruit needs a lot of water to come to full maturity.

Twenty years ago, I was in a church where we thought it would be really wonderful if we could JUST get back to where the early church was. Now there is no question in my mind that we are easily passing up the early church. The Holy Spirit is just being poured out on the Bride like the Holy Spirit has never been poured out before. We are receiving annointing now that before would have taken 40 days of fasting to receive. Of course we still have to fast to make full use of the annointings.

I suppose that evil is worse also. But I really try not to pay any attention to what the enemy is doing. That has nothing to do with us. Our job is to know what God is doing and to be a part of that.

There is a women in my church who was born without a hand, I think she just has one finger. When I look and see that her hand has been restored and see similar type restoration miracles, like Joni Erikson Toda come up out of her wheel chair. Then I will know it is time to pack my bags, because we will be going home to a wedding feast. The world will finally admit, yes there must be a God, but I am going to keep right on sinning. The church will be sparkleing, on fire, radiant, and beautiful in all her Glory.

Of course we are to be packed up, prayed up, and ready to go up at any time, because we do not know for sure when God will call us home. But as far as I know, we have a LOT of work to do out on the mission field. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
I'll give yall another view, the next event will be the III world war USA vs china, the 7 year peace plan, the biulding of the third temple.... not the rapture...pretrib, doesn't make sense. Tribulationis satan wrath not God's, read rev. on the war in heaven, and see what Michael says after he throws th devil outta heaven, woe to the inhabitants of the earth for the devil has come full of wrath. The wrath of God doesn't begin untill the day of the Lord which is at the end of Armageddion..... thank you, please continue the fighting....

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>I thought that was a given, since the church has been fulfilling that for almost 2000 years now.

Yes, but now we are clearly in the latter rain. You can check my math on this, but as far as I know, there are more people alive today, then have lived in the last 2000 years. So this final harvest will by far be the greatest and bring the most people into the Kingdom.

Anyone who has done any gardening at all, knows the latter rains are greater than the early rains. The early rains tend to be light and frequent, to get the seeds to germinate and take root. The latter rains are heavy, because there is a lot of water in fruit, so the fruit needs a lot of water to come to full maturity.

Thanks, JohnR7

Amen to that John,
There are over 6 billion souls living on this present earth. I will have to take your word for it. It sounds good to me. I would imagine that it would be safe to say that 90% of those are lost souls. This harvest will be plentiful for sure, He always saves the best for last.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by RKF
I'll give yall another view, the next event will be the III world war USA vs china, the 7 year peace plan, the biulding of the third temple.... not the rapture...pretrib, doesn't make sense. Tribulationis satan wrath not God's, read rev. on the war in heaven, and see what Michael says after he throws th devil outta heaven, woe to the inhabitants of the earth for the devil has come full of wrath. The wrath of God doesn't begin untill the day of the Lord which is at the end of Armageddion..... thank you, please continue the fighting....
Hello RKF,
I think the church will be long gone when and if that one hits, RKF. But if I was a bettin' man, I would lay you odds that Jeramiah 50 would be next, even though it has nothing to do with the church. Saddams knees are probably already shaking. It's almost time for phase II of that prophecy, the alliance of great nations.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.