✟541,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember those guys! :D
tulc(remembers talking to some when he lived in a Christian commune in California) :wave:
I forgot about them!
Lol..
---
It seems that you have been/seen many things... what is going. - from 70's?
My journey started in 1970's.

Blessings,

• Friendly
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟320,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which denomination is the true one? For both Catholics and Protestants, I am sure each one of you will most likely have an answer, for one reason or another. But.... is it the right answer? The subject matter is important, and I beg you understand. My intent is certainly not to disparage any particular denomination with what I am about to share here. But here is something to ruminate on.

If one is truly preaching the pure unadulterated gospel, what happens? The gospel works! A good tree produces good fruit. Many are convinced that their particular brand of Christianity is the God centered one, as I am sure you do yours. We base this on what we perceive to be what the true gospel is, so we congregate with others of like mind.

But what if we based it on the type of saint that gospel produced? In other words, what if we based our assessment of any split or denomination upon what God had promised us? If we are to know them by their fruits, then shouldn't a major factor in determining who actually possesses.... or in this particular case.... is possessed by the truth?

Here is the sad truth. It is here that things get dicey for every single denomination on the planet. All 500+ of them. Yours. Mine. Ours. Theirs. Catholic. Protestant. Orthodox. Why? Because Jesus said that if we abide in Him, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. If we are walking in God’s will, we will love Him with our whole heart and our neighbor as ourselves. We will love not the world, nor the things in the world. We will be single eyed, full of joy, and walk as overcomers with our shields of faith up, quenching all the fiery arrows of the enemy. Jesus PROMISED us that. It is our birthright, and it is time we finally possessed it, amen?

We must understand. We see these things as goals. They are not. They are fruits of the truth. Simply put, truly pure teaching of the real gospel WILL produce much fruit, amen? Those who walk the path will find the FREE INDED Jesus spoke of, free of committing sin. (His words, not mine). So how are we doing? How is your particular denomination of choice doing? Mine? Yeah, same as yours.

Now you may be honing in on the purpose of my OP. How do we react when we hear Jesus’s description as to what will happen when the real gospel is proclaimed correctly? Do we not get defensive, a bit angry, frustrated, trying to defend what we have put so much trust in?

Look, I get it. I do. Our identification, our feeling of security, comes from our affiliation with others of the same mindset. But at what point do we say "Something is off." This is what we need to face. Our security is not in Christ. Subtly, it has become our "group" that makes us feel we possess the truth. Ahhh, but does the truth possess us? Do we not see? If our love for our denomination is greater than our love for other believers who perhaps do not see things is the same light as we do is, then according to the word of the God we serve, we are still carnal. No exceptions.

When we finally stop and scratch our heads and really question why this is, instead of defending our group based on our denomination’s long history or our huge size, or our superior teaching, that is a real first step in seeking for and finding the answer we need.

But as long as we continue to worship man-made institutions and place them on nearly equal footing with God Himself, nstead of crying out to our Father to bring our own lives to fulfill the standard listed above, to set us free indeed, sadly we will continue to wallow in our religion. And equally sadly, the world will continue to look at us and call us hypocrites. and rightly so.

Change IS coming. who will see it first? Those who hunger not to be in rbe right group, but those whose hearts are crying out for more of Jesus, those who refuse to accept anything less than abiding in Him and walking pleasibg to the one who bought us.

Blessings,

Gideon
What we worship is the truth and He who is the truth. And of course we want the church to be the harbinger of that truth. The gospel would be dead and gone centuries ago if God hadn't established a church at the beginning to receive, preserve, and proclaim it. And there can be only one of those churches simply because there's only one truth, "one Lord, one faith, one Baptism".

Now, what any one person may do with the truth they've heard is a very different matter. Saints have been made who take it and run with it, producing tons of good fruit while sinners find ways to justify and remain in their sins: most of us, perhaps?

In the end we'll be held accountable for what we did with the truth and grace we received.

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which denomination is the true one? For both Catholics and Protestants, I am sure each one of you will most likely have an answer, for one reason or another. But.... is it the right answer? The subject matter is important, and I beg you understand. My intent is certainly not to disparage any particular denomination with what I am about to share here. But here is something to ruminate on.

If one is truly preaching the pure unadulterated gospel, what happens? The gospel works! A good tree produces good fruit. Many are convinced that their particular brand of Christianity is the God centered one, as I am sure you do yours. We base this on what we perceive to be what the true gospel is, so we congregate with others of like mind.

But what if we based it on the type of saint that gospel produced? In other words, what if we based our assessment of any split or denomination upon what God had promised us? If we are to know them by their fruits, then shouldn't a major factor in determining who actually possesses.... or in this particular case.... is possessed by the truth?

Here is the sad truth. It is here that things get dicey for every single denomination on the planet. All 500+ of them. Yours. Mine. Ours. Theirs. Catholic. Protestant. Orthodox. Why? Because Jesus said that if we abide in Him, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. If we are walking in God’s will, we will love Him with our whole heart and our neighbor as ourselves. We will love not the world, nor the things in the world. We will be single eyed, full of joy, and walk as overcomers with our shields of faith up, quenching all the fiery arrows of the enemy. Jesus PROMISED us that. It is our birthright, and it is time we finally possessed it, amen?

We must understand. We see these things as goals. They are not. They are fruits of the truth. Simply put, truly pure teaching of the real gospel WILL produce much fruit, amen? Those who walk the path will find the FREE INDED Jesus spoke of, free of committing sin. (His words, not mine). So how are we doing? How is your particular denomination of choice doing? Mine? Yeah, same as yours.

Now you may be honing in on the purpose of my OP. How do we react when we hear Jesus’s description as to what will happen when the real gospel is proclaimed correctly? Do we not get defensive, a bit angry, frustrated, trying to defend what we have put so much trust in?

Look, I get it. I do. Our identification, our feeling of security, comes from our affiliation with others of the same mindset. But at what point do we say "Something is off." This is what we need to face. Our security is not in Christ. Subtly, it has become our "group" that makes us feel we possess the truth. Ahhh, but does the truth possess us? Do we not see? If our love for our denomination is greater than our love for other believers who perhaps do not see things is the same light as we do is, then according to the word of the God we serve, we are still carnal. No exceptions.

When we finally stop and scratch our heads and really question why this is, instead of defending our group based on our denomination’s long history or our huge size, or our superior teaching, that is a real first step in seeking for and finding the answer we need.

But as long as we continue to worship man-made institutions and place them on nearly equal footing with God Himself, nstead of crying out to our Father to bring our own lives to fulfill the standard listed above, to set us free indeed, sadly we will continue to wallow in our religion. And equally sadly, the world will continue to look at us and call us hypocrites. and rightly so.

Change IS coming. who will see it first? Those who hunger not to be in rbe right group, but those whose hearts are crying out for more of Jesus, those who refuse to accept anything less than abiding in Him and walking pleasibg to the one who bought us.

Blessings,

Gideon
1Cor.2 Verses 6 to 16

1. [6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
    [7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
    [8] Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    [9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    [10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    [11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    [12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    [13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    [14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    [15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    [16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
The Word of God The Father above is very powerful and full of Wisdom. One can only understand it with Christ Leading The Way to The Way.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I forgot about them!
Lol..
---
It seems that you have been/seen many things... what is going. - from 70's?
My journey started in 1970's.

Blessings,
As did mine. I was hugely influenced by Keith Green, David Wilkerson and Leonard Ravenhill. They showed me how far we were from what God longed for from His children, but none offered me an answer as to how to change, or see others changed.

The first thing I ever wrote was a word God gave me titled "Repentance - Only hope for a sleeping bride". It is great to have one's eyes opened to the truth, but without the answer as well, I spent the next 25 years being miserable in my efforts to rein in my flesh. Needless to say, I was not exactly overflowing with people who wanted to hang around me. Gee, I wonder why? LOL.

It was not until my miraculous visitation almost 13 years ago that God gave me the answer I so desperately needed. The message is not "Repent!" but Repent and believe!"

When I finally had my eyes opened to why I could never walk steadily in victory, I was amazed why I had never seen it. And what was the reason? I pray all who read this have their ears awake, lol. Ready?

I had never truly reckoned that when Christ died, so did my old nature. To know that we died when christ died, so DID we is wonderful. To know that when Christ rose from the dead, do DID we to newness of life.

But knowing, as important as it is, is not receiving. In Romans 6, Paul told us instructions to follow after we know these things to be true.

He told there therefore, to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto Him. We must come into agreement with God and since everything from God must be received by faith, calling those things that are not as though they were, so it is with our stripping off our old self centered fallen nature and putting on our new one that God can then begin to change into His likeness.

I pray you memorize what I just shared there. This is not 'my' revelation, but THE revelation that God has for every one of His children. It is the truth that sets us free indeed, IF we continue to hold onto it as if our life depends upon it.... and it does!

This truth is our shield of faith that allows us to stare down the devil when we are tempted and say NO. It is the path we follow to take the way of escape every time when Satan comes accusing or tempting.

God has told us that we are not in the flesh and owe it nothing. Do we believe that? As long as we take the position that we are still just miserable unworthy sinners saved by grace, we will never walk as freed men who have been made worthy by the blood of the lamb.

In Revelations, we are told that in the last days, His children would overcome the world, the flesh and the devil by the blood of the lamb AND the word of their testimony as to what that blood accomplished!

Oh, dear brothers and sisters, this is OUR heritage. We are the subjects spoken of here. The church by and large is asleep. Some are snoring louder than others, lol, but all have walked in their old nature trying their best to be good Christians.

Can I gently break it to you? We have failed... all of us... with myself at the head of the line. Those days are ending, as all are about to be awakened to the birthright Jesus had purchased for us.... overcoming and walking IN HIM victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil.

What must one do to walk there. Hate your fleshly efforts. Hate your failure to walk truly pleasing to God, obedient, and filled with the fruits of the Spirit.

May I tell you a secret that will make you smile if you are one longing to be free, longing for a closeness with Jesus that is not broken... ever... by the things we all face in this world.

You already ARE dead. The old you died the day you came to know Jesus. What is then the explanation for why you have not walked in that new man you already are? Simple. Unbelief. We are told everything from the Father is to be received by faith. It is no more true than with out new nature!

We have been like Lazurus, raised from the dead but still bound by our graveclothes. We have believed satan's lie that we will always fail because we are only human.

Only human? Ha! We are new creatures, ones God has promised to change into His likeness, in THIS world... NOW. Satan has long dreaded the day when His saints awake and put on the Lord Jesus as their armor.

And well he should.

Live, bones, live.

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1Cor.2 Verses 6 to 16

1. [6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
    [7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
    [8] Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    [9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    [10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    [11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    [12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    [13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    [14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    [15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    [16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
The Word of God The Father above is very powerful and full of Wisdom. One can only understand it with Christ Leading The Way to The Way.
Amen to that. And He is! Do we have ears to hear it?

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that. And He is! Do we have ears to hear it?

blessings,

Gideon
That is the question everyone should be asking. When Christ told us the things we should be doing, we should be seeing miracles everywhere.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This situation is more common than we might think. What would Jesus do? I really love that phrase about Christ. It’s a good place to look for direction. The other major thing is that the miracles of Christ should be happening wherever there are born again Christians. We are to do greater things than Christ.
That looks towards what we often do not see, and it can be a stark contrast.
If we asked what would the adversary do it would be right in front of us in most situations.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I have not read is for any to admit that based upon that premise, something is badly amiss.
So saying the Gospel of the Kingdom was revolutionary and created a counter-culture that the Church threw away in favour of a return to the world of man, is not a confession? That Christians are supposed to be teaching the opposite of what the world of man holds dear? That we have it backwards and God has said so since the Garden?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The first thing I ever wrote was a word God gave me titled "Repentance - Only hope for a sleeping bride".
How about a revised version called "Repentance - Only hope for a non RSVP guest at the wedding feast" :)

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Blessings,

Gideon
All "religions" are made by man. Man always adds rules and has stipulations and will always argue with another "religion".

Man made things have flaws..

This is why, many times, if someone asks if I'm religions.... I say no... I am a believer and follower of Christ... I try to be like Him. I am a sinner and He has paid the price for my sins... I now work at a deeper and deeper relationship with Him...

Religions have caused, started and perpetuated wars and violence.. All done with intentions of promoting their particular belief or view.... Has it ever ended well?

• Winner
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hawkins

Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟235,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that there are some within the Catholic church who are saved and part of the elect?

I think that one needs to first understand the big picture. First at any point of time God has an earthly representative acting as a guardian of His Holy Scripture. However because this authority is made up of humans and thus can be corrupted. Only the intangible part of our Church will not be corrupted as it's Christ body - a temple built in three days.

When the Jews (as represented by the Great Sanhedrin) were corrupted, God thus declared the setting up of God's earthly church (on a rock as the same pronunciation of Peter). Similarly, when the Catholics were corrupted God thus had set up the Protestants as His new earth representative.

As a result, the Jews have a correct OT Canon, that's what they are guarding. The Catholics have a correct NT Canon, while the Protestants have both a correct OT and NT Canon.

Why the multiple denominations;
As prophesied in Daniel, end time humans demand knowledge. Multiple denominations allow them to choose one out of the many to suit their brains (each is unique and there are 7 billions).

To put it another way, if one decides to leave RCC due to a denominational disagreement, he has to leave Christianity as a whole in the case the no other options are provided. That is to say, more will be saved if those leaving RCC can find an alternative.

In the case of multiple denominations, how can one identify which one has the power of salvation? It's relying on the Apostle's Creed to perform a basic identification on whether a church still possesses the capability of salvation. Of course, this is based on that a correct Canon is upheld by this church. Mormon is thus disqualified as it doesn't possess a correct version of Canon.

As for today's RCC, because it still upholds the Apostle's Creed it simultaneously means that there could still be possibly our brothers and sisters in today's RCC.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So saying the Gospel of the Kingdom was revolutionary and created a counter-culture that the Church threw away in favour of a return to the world of man, is not a confession? That Christians are supposed to be teaching the opposite of what the world of man holds dear? That we have it backwards and God has said so since the Garden?
As much as it may offend some, you are absolutely correct.

But here we must be very careful. As Jesus said, at the end, ALL will be found asleep. Both saints and sinners.... in the church. Outwardly, all will appear somewhat the same. Why? Because both wheat and tares have grown together for the most part for the last 1900 years, ever since the last drops of the early rain fell.

We would make q grievous error if we assumed all who are a part of the man pleasing church today are lost. There are sheep, true elect of God saints, who currently do not see their compromised and very precarious position. But what did Jesus tell us? He would leave the ninety and nine if needs be to go find the lost sheep and carry that one back on His broad shoulders. Glory!

All the virgins, those a part of what we have labeled 'the church', are asleep. All will awake, both sheep and goats as the end draws near. But here is where the valley of decision comes into view. One will be moved to DO something, and the other will rest content with their denomination of choice, sure that they are heaven bound.

And what is it that the sheep will do that the goats will not? They will LIGHT THEIR LAMPS! You see, the true elect of God already have the Holy Spirit inside them. The tares do not. But the sheep have believed they are still old natured sinners, believing the lie satan has fed us all.

But when they finally come to the point of realizing that they cannot tame them, discipline them or make them behave, and finally truly hate the old them. the person they no longer are, it is then they are prepared to finally ONLY believe. They will put off the old man by an audacious act of faith, simply believing what God has said.

Likewise they will put on their new nature, one they have possessed since the day they were born again, and raise up their shields of faith as to who they are when satan comes accusing and tempting.

THAT is lighting our lamp and letting our light shine. And to any who long for such a miracle but who fear they cannot walk there, rejoice! God knows that, lol. Trust Him that He is the potter and will take full responsibility for changing us and causing us to stand without wavering.

It is this that will trigger the latter rain. This is the dry bones coming to life. We have been taught that the latter rain has already arrived. Boy, are we going to be pleasantly amazed, LOL.

blessings, dear Timothy

Gideon

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
None of the above. (IMO)
The "church" is the "body of Christ" plain and simple.
So HE is the Head, and we, His church, are the Body.
When He moves, we move.
When the Spirit is speaking to us, we all hear the same thing,
regardless of where we are geographical.
I see no other criteria that would be relevant.
Do you believe that the bread and wine of the Lord's Supper are truly the Body and Blood of Christ?

If not, then we are clearly NOT hearing the same thing.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's only ONE true Church, and it isn't made with human hands, nor does it have a man-made name over the door. Jesus Christ Himself is the head over this ONE true Church, and only truly saved people are members of it. It's called the Church Which is the Body of Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if you have been reading all along, but my assertion is that if any were the 'correct' division, it would speak of Jesus, not of itself. Its followers would walk in victory and joy, with willful sin and pride in the rear view mirror. It would be passionate for souls, not for its own glory but simply because it wants them to know the one they have come to know and obey.

So, now that you are caught up, how is your division faring?

blessings,

Gideon
We are not a division.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok, according to order in sequence pre-dating the ones you mentioned. the first one, the Way. Thank You
Are you talking about Wierville's home-made church The Way?

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that the bread and wine of the Lord's Supper are truly the Body and Blood of Christ?

If not, then we are clearly NOT hearing the same thing.
To me, dear brother, the more important question is.... are we partaking of the blood and body of Christ unworthily?

You see, man wants to judge things by outer appearances, but God does not operate that way. He looks directly at our heart, our treasure, our innermost attitudes.

If a man partakes of communion as a way of remembering what Jesus did for him with his offering, but does not believe it is the literal body of Christ, will God reject such a one? No, He will look at the man's efforts to please Him.

However, if another partakes of communion, believing that it is indeed the body and blood of the Lord, but harbors sin in his heart he has no intention of giving up, or if his treasure is in what this world offers rather than the kingdom of God, will believing it to be actually blood and flesh save him? No way, brother.

Our hearts will justify us, or they will condemn us. That is why it is critical that each one of us examine our hearts through the actions those hearts generate, to see if those actions testify that we truly want God to reign over us, or if we simply want eternity in Heaven without being heavenly minded.

blessings,

Gidepn

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We would make q grievous error if we assumed all who are a part of the man pleasing church today are lost. There are sheep, true elect of God saints, who currently do not see their compromised and very precarious position. But what did Jesus tell us? He would leave the ninety and nine if needs be to go find the lost sheep and carry that one back on His broad shoulders. Glory!
Yes we all still stumble in spite of having rejected the will of man, as we are still man.

However, if another partakes of communion, believing that it is indeed the body and blood of the Lord, but harbors sin in his heart he has no intention of giving up, or if his treasure is in what this world offers rather than the kingdom of God, will believing it to be actually blood and flesh save him? No way, brother.
Agreed for the sin of self is still in control.

Our hearts will justify us, or they will condemn us.
Agreed, but it is difficult for many to see themselves as part of a counter-culture to the traditional ways of man, especially when taught and influenced by it since birth to follow, let alone the constant reminder of the fleshy conflicts both physical and political the news networks promote.

Upvote 0

Virious

I do believe
Jul 2, 2019
Battlefield
Visit site
✟10,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will love not the world, nor the things in the world. We will be single eyed, full of joy, and walk as overcomers with our shields of faith up, quenching all the fiery arrows of the enemy. Jesus PROMISED us that. It is our birthright, and it is time we finally possessed it, amen?
AMEN!

Upvote 0

danielmears

Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is love, light and spirit just like the scriptures say but until we realize this, become aware, you are in God, God is in and through all things, including us, we will not be one as Christ prayed. We can be seekers of being right or actually be righteous, loving God and one another with all of our heart, our being. My father became illumined when he was doing, loving, as Christ! This is what we must understand, God is love, light and spirit. To reach the mark we must do as Christ, be filled with the power of the living God, one, as He prayed in John 17:21.
LOL. I love you brother. You and I have had many discussions. But when our hearts cry out for the FREE INDEED Jesus promised us more than defending our own view of which one is right, ahhhh... then we will be getting somewhere!

You say things were fine till the reformation? Are you sure of that? I will let you search for yourself theough church history if your heart can stand it, but suffice it to say, ALL of our choices, Catholic and Protestant alike, have not exactly been candidates for the prestigious Denomination of the Year award. ☺️

Unity will not be found in any group, no matter how sincere they may be at the start. The fallen nature of man insures that. However, when we seek our God to be one with HIM, to say boldly as Paul did that we are crucified with Christ and that we... the old us.... no longer live, but Christ now lives within us.... then, praise God.... then we will be prepared to walk as one with one another.

Impossible you say? Ha! Hide and watch.

blessings to you, and I hope all is well with you.

Gids

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.