NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is important that we hear two voices speaking. One speaking from the prepared sermon, and the other speaking to the heart. When the Holy Spirit speaks to the heart as the sermon is being delivered, ones ears beg the speaker not to stop his delivery.

But... If the Holy Spirit speaks not it can be very cut and dry!
As much as I am able , like you , I try to understand according to the bible . I am sure that a prepared sermon can be inspired by the Holy Ghost although in another setting Jesus said not to consider before hand what you shall speak but in that very hour the holy ghost shall give you what you shall speak . One of the most edifying sermons I heard was when the speaker threw away his sermon and was lead by the Holy Spirit and spoke . Living words ...living water .
We have been doing "the sermon" for a very long time but I am not confident that the church has grown ( in maturity ) but seems actually more worldly than in ages past . I wonder at the early church where Paul said let the prophets speak two and three and let the others judge . 1st Corinthians 14:29 . Have you ever heard a sermon on that ?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sad to see so many people who are willing to believe the Apostles' Church went extinct. They were all in ONE church. Matthew 16:18 and John 17:21
If you trust the church that made the Bible's canon, why believe it went extinct?

I believe the church changed in time and hints to such changes are in the seven churches of Revelation...

1. Ephesus - The Apostolic church that went extinct
2. Smyrna - The Gentile Martyr church - Note - Ten Roman persecutions
3. Pergamos - A fortified structure - Needed in the dark ages
4. Thyatira - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate
5. Sardis - A Gem - Elegant - Yet hard and rigid
6. Philadelphia - The great awakening
7. Laodicea - The materialistic church

Here is Laodicea it is hard to get folks to care about the congregation. On this camp meeting (http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/), though, I see a lot of care that went into the preparation of everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sad to see so many people who are willing to believe the Apostles' Church went extinct. They were all in ONE church. Matthew 16:18 and John 17:21
If you trust the church that made the Bible's canon, why believe it went extinct?

We have the Apostles church in writing. Its not extinct.

Just not always understood very well. Proof of that, is how we see so many contradictory denominations which are based on distortions of The Apostles church that we have in writing.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Still no takers?.... are they afraid to learn how knowing the ancient languages is vitally important with more passages than we realize?

This is for those who think learning from the original languages is not important..

Please. Tell us what the following is about?

I will provide a typical English translation. You can provide your own if you wish.

Matt 4:1-3

"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be
tempted by the devil.

After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son

of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

What was Satan's objective in his temptation of stones to bread?

Why was it even a temptation for Jesus?

(hint) Satan was not goading Jesus to prove he is the Son of God.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are some days I feel like my words just evaporate into a mist and disappear before they even escape the room, no matter how much I pray they give hope to some readers. This is one of those days.

• Agree
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bear with me here. Do you think it possible that we may be eating off of 5he tree of knowledge rather than the tree of life? Have we not reduced Christianity down to doctrines we like and agree to with our heads? But how about our hearts? Have those doctrines led us into life more abundant?
Paul addressed this as heresy.
Denominationalism is, imo, heresy.
Isn't division the opposite of reconciliation?
Isn't ours a ministry of the latter?
(Not a fan of sects, but I can't apologize for that )

So here I want to ratchet it up several notches. Denominational affiliations themselves are not bad,
Or maybe they are if they're causing division of sorts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Name someone in the Bible that did not err at some point? Not including Jesus.

God uses errors to test us with. To work in His grace with. Its the stubborn and closed that fail to grow. Stubborn because they fear and can not trust God, because they can not better understand God. Because? They are closed.

You don't believe that some are "stubborn" due to demonic oppression?

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟83,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some days I feel like my words just evaporate into a mist and disappear before they even escape the room, no matter how much I pray they give hope to some readers. This is one of those days.
The conventional wisdom is that you provide a comprehensive account of your views. Others will provide their own versions. Then the most coherent view will survive. So far, I've provided one view, you haven't. My view has not been knocked down yet, but there is time left. It's better that no views survive rather than a wrong view persist.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Give a Scriptural example of someone who received when he seeked.

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone
who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the
one who knocks, the door will be opened.

You need to pray/ask God for sound Bible teaching for every area of your life. In time, if you prayed in the filling of the Spirit? You will not be refused. But, it may not happen instantly. God has to prepare the soil before planting...

Like Abraham or Moses or David. How did they seek God, what He gave them, how they used it.

You now changing to men seeking God. Apples and coconuts. I was talking about people who already have God learning of what there is to seek to mature in Christ. Why? Men initially do not seek God. God must first draw them. If they are positive to being drawn by God? Then they will begin to seek what it is that is drawing them. And, eventually will land in the lap of Jesus when they find they have been found.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
241664_f41da2033bad35e0038033d601c01af3.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.