Who's Been To Israel and Was it Worth it?

Stancet

May 20, 2016
Tennessee
✟22,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've found a way that I might possibly be able to go, but that's many months or years from now. I can't deny I'm not a sight seeing person and I'm not particularly social. I'm just curious if in spite of all that whether it's still a good idea to go or not.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I've been. Not as a tourist, but as a pilgrim. It was definitely a religious pilgrimage. It was well worth it. I don't know that I'd feel the same if I'd just gone as a tourist.

That's interesting. Where did you go, what did you do, and were you fed well?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I visited Israel with a Christian group and through Pilgrim Tours in 2004 (see their web site). It was a great experience and well worth it. We arrived in the area at the time of the funeral for Arafat and tensions were high, but we were all kept clear of bad areas. Israel values tourists and we were well guarded and guided ---they have reportedly never had real troubles with tourist groups. We saw all the main sites and places, beside museums and government buildings, the real sepulcher of Jesus, and the Temple mount, etc. Food and lodging was very good, and we even got to stay one night in a Kibbutz. We traveled in a big tourist bus from the sea north across and south into desert and the famous Masada site.

Our guide was a Christian Jew of the Naphtali tribe and well versed on the history of the country and religion, and he was very helpful. It was most educational and scenic, in towns, historic places, and countryside for about a week. It would be nice to go again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0