• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Whoops! Militias descend on Gettysburg to stop fake "ANTIFA flag-burning" ceremony...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TLK Valentine, Jul 5, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,599
    Agnostic
    Single
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...6ee4da-bb05-11ea-86d5-3b9b3863273b_story.html

All the firepower in the world doesn't mean squat if you don't vet your intel, guys...

Thoughts?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+2,305
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Just goes to show how trigger happy some people are right now, and how much they don't check their intel. This has happened in the past for all sort of reasons, someone gets info on something happening, they gather in a min with no good leader, violence happens and whatever underlying tension led up to the event drives it higher.

I am just glad no one was hurt this time.

3. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+3,698
    Seeker
    They'll probably just say they scared them off.

The obsession some of my fellow Americans have over the flag is honestly weird the more I think about. Burning it is a sign of disrespect, I know, but at the end of the day, it's just a piece of cloth. If every flag in our country just spontaneously caught on fire, the United States of America would still endure just fine. The reverence some have for it borders on the fanatical.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+13,838
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    When we were in the Boy Scouts we learned that the proper way to dispose of an American flag which had become damaged or soiled beyond use was to burn it. I believe that it is also the proper way to dispose of a flag which has become metaphorically damaged or soiled by actions carried out under it. No disrespect to the flag itself should be imputed automatically to the protester burning it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+1,760
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    I remember when I was young, learning that Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t recite the Pledge of Allegiance because they believed it was worshipping the flag. I remember thinking that’s crazy, no one worships the flag. Recent years have shown me I was wrong and the Jehovah’s Witnesses were right. Some people really do worship the flag.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,599
    Agnostic
    Single
    And so what if it is disrespectful?

having established that burning is, in fact, the proper way to dispose of a flag...

Trump Says He Wants To Punish Flag Burning With A Year In Prison

... it's clear that these people are trying to criminalize disrespect. #whatfirstamendment?

7. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,913
    Atheist
    Single
    Ironic since the preferred method of disposing of an old flag is.....

BURNING!

8. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 864511320 Supporter

+4,513
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Same here.

9. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,753
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Wait, isn't there supposed to be a news link to this?......Ahh, I see it was deleted....maybe because it was Fake News?.....thanks TLK for the laugh.....Hmm....wonder if that 'militia' was carrying model 1861 Springfield's?....and wearing blue wool serge uniforms?.....I mean it is Gettysburg weekend after all......

10. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,234
    Christian
    Married
    ...you mean in the OP? There is one.
    but in case you needed another one:
    Scenes from Gettysburg on July 4th
    :wave:
    tulc(has to say: that ladies blue dress is AMAZING!)

11. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+2,109
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    ? There's a link to the article in the OP. It guess to the Washington Post article; which you may find adblocked, but open the link in incognito mode and you can read it just fine.

12. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,417
    United States
    Married
    I was going to be there but I was looking for a secret pizza restaurant with a basement.

13. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,046
    Atheist
    Private
  14. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+9,046
    Atheist
    Private
    Check your spam folder from the e-mail from George Soros.

15. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+8,857
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The police office did a nice job of de-escalating and extracting the Methodist pastor.

16. wing2000

+8,857
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...I would post the video from Youtube, but for language and an exposed nipple.

17. wing2000

+8,857
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ....the the pastor wearing a Wesley cap and a BLM shirt was just a distraction. Antifa was camped out at Little Round Top.

18. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,839
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I'm more then a bit disturbed that several people implied they would use deadly force against somebody committing property damage.

19. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber

+634
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Sometimes you just need an excuse to get out of the house. Doesn't matter if it's a legit reason. Now they have practice mobilizing. Same thing just happened with the nfa militia at stone mountain. They knew nobody would be there.

20. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,113
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Sooner or later there will be a major confrontation and deaths involving one of these groups of armed thugs that facetiously call themselves "militias".