Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, PROSTERITY and honor.

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sentiments as well. Did you feel attacked by my post? I dont feel attacked by words in general...your posts included. I thought we were talking about an idea...not persons.

I agree.... I believe the depravity gospel is just as big an issue as the Prosperity gospel (a gospel I've learned on this site...along with many other "sins" and" false doctrines")

I say lets preach the good news and forget about the money everyone has or dont have.....lets preach the good news to the "rich" and "poor" alike. You with me?

Just making sure you knew I was not attacking you :)

Yes let's preach the gospel, the correct one, using sound doctrine :)

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I didn’t said earthly is all about material good ONLY.
The Bible divides the world (that is of the Earth) and God.
God is Spirit.
When we say we walk spiritually, we aren’t talking about what is not of God.
Pride is not of God.

(1John 2:16)
For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the PRIDE of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.

Richness was never associated with the abundance of evil state of mind or heart.
Rather it is called having a poor or/and weak spirit.
Richness when talking about spiritual, we often think about the fruits of the Holy Spirit. That which is of God.
So what richness is of the world if not the material goods?
Rich in spirit vs poor in spirit
Rich in the world vs poor in the world.

Who cares about money?
Who is the one complaining about material good here?
(The topic of the thread is about material goods. The author even tried to interpret the word ‘prosperity’ within the scripture in proverbs to say it is about material goods, which is false)
Who keeps “defending” any idea related to material good?
Aren’t you trying to twist the scripture to defend material good, and try to justify that richness mentioned in scripture to be some other kind of abundance?

The Lord and His disciples did specifically talk about material goods when pointing out the ‘rich’.

(Matthew 6:24)
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

(Mark 10:22-31)
At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is very hardto enter the Kingdom of God. In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

(1 Timothy 6:9-10)
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

(1 Timothy 6:5)
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain [capital] is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Temptation is great.
Greed and pride and possessivity can overcome the man’s heart.
God will not judge a man for what he posses, but his deeds and the state of the heart.
You are a master of the word. Who am i to tell you anything? Continue as you were.

Upvote 0

Jess Lee

Jan 6, 2018
N/A
✟9,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are a master of the word. Who am i to tell you anything? Continue as you were.

You are the meanest being who love to cause debates on what I didn’t even try to say.
The Lord DID warn us about the love of the money!
That is all!
Good bye!

Upvote 0

Jess Lee

Jan 6, 2018
N/A
✟9,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
RaymondG,
You cause strife while
You give false accusation.
You laugh at other people’s pain.
You are heartless.
You judge yourself full of knowledge, prideful.
Yet you demonstrate no fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?
(2 Corinthians 13:5)

• Haha
Upvote 0

Tatilina

Set apart
May 23, 2012
Alberta
✟23,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are the meanest being who love to cause debates on what I didn’t even try to say.
The Lord DID warn us about the love of the money!
That is all!
Good bye!
Lol wow, what did he say that was so mean? Heck if someine called me master of the word, I’d take it as a compliment!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tatilina

Set apart
May 23, 2012
Alberta
✟23,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
RaymondG,
You cause strife while
You give false accusation.
You laugh at other people’s pain.
You are heartless.
You judge yourself full of knowledge, prideful.
Yet you demonstrate no fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Becareful not to accuse your brethern because

Revelation 12:9-11 NIV

9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power

and the kingdom of our God,

and the authority of his Messiah.

For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,

who accuses them before our God day and night,

has been hurled down.

Satan is thee accuser of the brethern. I don’t see where any wrongs comitted against you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jess Lee

Jan 6, 2018
N/A
✟9,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Becareful not to accuse your brethern because

Revelation 12:9-11 NIV

9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power

and the kingdom of our God,

and the authority of his Messiah.

For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,

who accuses them before our God day and night,

has been hurled down.

Satan is thee accuser of the brethern. I don’t see where any wrongs comitted against you.

Please, laughing is a thing the Holy Spirit does?
So you think laughing at a brother or sister in Christ because they don’t get what you are fighting against is okay? Do you picture Peter or Paul, or even Jesus, pointing a finger at one of the weaker, and laugh at him/her?
Accusing falsely about me, saying I love money When I am talking against money and you accusing me to be like Satan for pointing out HIS FRUITS is okay?
What is he so offended about money to accuse me like he did?
Tell me, did Jesus and His disciples warned us about financial gain YES or NO?
Did I over misunderstood when I referred to financial gain when in the Bible refers to ‘rich’ associated with being the cause of woe?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Jess Lee

Jan 6, 2018
N/A
✟9,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol wow, what did he say that was so mean? Heck if someine called me master of the word, I’d take it as a compliment!

No, ‘continue on’ is not a compliment.

Being sarcastic and say ‘a master of word’, is a compliment?
That was a compliment?
Perhaps, if he did not put ‘what can I say to you, continue on’ after that, i might have thought it was.

Am i also suppose to understand your ‘funny’ icon over my post, where I was exposing his fruits, then receiving a message comparing me to Satan was a positive thing?

I am going to have account closed.
But before I leave, if I misunderstood you Robert, forgive me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
god, give me the prosperity i want
many people come here to rant
you are selfish superficial and arrogant
but i know to be bad you can't

so give me blessings
i will be the same
but with less ways to sin
ill feel more free

to have many for me
is not responsabilities
for me is to enjoy what youve got
i see many oeople enjoying around me

sorry fir my sins
i want to win
once and for all
you know all my suffering

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PROSPERITY, why we haven't this?
i purse for love and i've found life but no prosperity
What do you call prosperity? Give, and it shall be given. Otherwise, you can sign up for food stamps. Collect unemployment, OR work hard for a living. I think that real prosperity is a gift of God, and if you are so blessed to receive the wisdom and understanding of the righteousness of God in Christ, you will surely know true prosperity.

2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

The things that God considers true wealth are different than what the world thinks. If your Catholic, you can go to the Vatican and see if they will share some of their worldly treasures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you call prosperity? Give, and it shall be given. Otherwise, you can sign up for food stamps. Collect unemployment, OR work hard for a living. I think that real prosperity is a gift of God, and if you are so blessed to receive the wisdom and understanding of the righteousness of God in Christ, you will surely know true prosperity.

2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

The things that God considers true wealth are different than what the world thinks. If your Catholic, you can go to the Vatican and see if they will share some of their worldly treasures.

Whoops you said the four letter word WORK :) People are fed a false gospel that says material riches will just be given to you. The bible does not say that. And you are right! The true treasure is truth and the real wisdom of God not material wealth.

Upvote 0