Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, PROSTERITY and honor.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Christian is not guaranteed prosperity or even safety in life. Anyone who suggests that is selling a bill of goods.
Are we promised lack, or that we will have nothing more than basic needs met? Are we promised danger and Harm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PROSPERITY, why we haven't this?
i purse for love and i've found life but no prosperity
All we are promisedis that God will never leave us.

Anyone who says that you are promised health and wealth is misleading you.
Paul talked about the light and momentry troubles of those facing perscution and death.

How did they or the Christians suffering today for their faith experiencing health and wealth?

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All we are promisedis that God will never leave us.

We are also promised that anything that you ask for, in Him name, you will receive. It is not my place to tell others to desire or ask for money, nor yours to tell them they cant. Everyone should feel free to have their own relationship with the Father, and ask for what they will.

How did they or the Christians suffering today for their faith experiencing health and wealth?
Very few people put as much importance on wealth as the religious. When we bring the importance of money down closer to a level of zero, we can see that there are many other things that are much more important.....and other things which, if taken away, can cause much more suffering than the lose of material possessions or money.

Note, I am not for preaching prosperity.....I just so happen to be not for preaching Lack and material depravity as well. These, i feel, are decisions that one should make for themselves. Trying to be one or the other for "spiritual" reasons can lead one down the wrong path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are also promised that anything that you ask for, in Him name, you will receive
No in John 15 v 7 we are promised if we are in Jesus we may ask what ever we wish, but if you read the contects it is about bringing glory to God, not a blank cheque so we can live in luxury.

Very few people put as much importance on wealth as the religious

Everyone puts importance on wealth, we all like to be comfortable, to have those little extras, but as Christians we cannot expect or demand that we have them.

As I said before how did Paul write to Christians facing perscution?
Were they unfaithfull Christians to be robbed of all they had and murdered for being Christian?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No in John 15 v 7 we are promised if we are in Jesus we may ask what ever we wish, but if you read the contects it is about bringing glory to God, not a blank cheque so we can live in luxury.
The way I see it, If God gives me something and I know He gave it to me.....He is glorified....and gets all the glory/credit. And i keep none for myself.

What do you say about Mathew? IS there a context that Im missing here as well?:

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

And John 14
"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son"

Everyone puts importance on wealth, we all like to be comfortable, to have those little extras, but as Christians we cannot expect or demand that we have them.
Not everyone puts importance on wealth. But it is more likely for those with less means to view it as more important. For a child who has rich parents....they are very unlikely to view money as important or think about it at all......cause they will already have everything they want. It is only when a child forgets they have everything that He then has time to covet the party and calf being given to a brother.

You, TJ, have a rich Father, and everything He has is yours. It is perfectly fine to ask for nothing, or wisdom, or everything. I would mention spiritual ramifications, but this thread seems to only be about natural things.....

As I said before how did Paul write to Christians facing perscution?
Were they unfaithfull Christians to be robbed of all they had and murdered for being Christian?

Yes, you must sell all you have and give to it to the poor and follow Christ... Your flesh must be murdered to give life to a tree planted by the rivers of water, that springeth up unto everlasting life.

But what does this have to do with natural prosperity in this world?

• Winner
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
who wants luxury here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i am referring the bible guys, the bible says we can have prosperity

Matthew 6
31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 6
31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
What things will be added?

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0