Who would you like to see lead the Democratic Party into 2020.

Who would you like to see lead the Democrats into 2020?

• Mark Zuckerberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oprah Winfrey

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Sen. Bernie Sanders

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Joe Biden

• Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Jerry Brown

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)

• Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Howard Schultz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Mendelson

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, Oprah might be one name that the Dems should seriously consider. She used to be quite popular with white women.

I personally cannot think of anybody who would more impress me than Oprah.......
but she really would need to choose a good running mate to be taken very seriously.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I personally cannot think of anybody who would more impress me than Oprah.......
but she really would need to choose a good running mate to be taken very seriously.

I wonder at times if President Trump's low popularity might make it tough for another non-politician to have a chance at wining the Presidency anytime soon? Then again, his very election victory did break the ice, so I guess such is a plus for those wanting to see another non-politician in the White House. Actually, Oprah might be a good choice for VP for the Dems?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,490.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She has an R after her name, though most Republicans around here think she's RINO. And arguably the chief of RINOs. So maybe that makes her a Democrat. But whatever her party, I'd vote for Sen. Susan in a heartbeat. She's one of the very best people in government today.

Susan_Collins_official_Senate_photo.jpg
She let herself be bought by promises her party didn't keep where the tax act was concerned.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,490.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I like Rep. Joseph Kennedy III of Massachusetts.

Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio.

Here's what NY Times says. Eric Garcetti, Mayor of L.A. Rep. Patrick Murphy of Florida, liable to run against Marco Rubio.

14 Young Democrats to Watch

Ryan and Murphy, both from swing states, must-win states, would be good for VP candidates.

Las Vegas Congresswoman Dina Titus is 67 but she has two big pluses--Latina, opponent of nuclear waste dumping in Nevada, and a strong supporter of unions, voted in by Las Vegas service workers.

I used to like Kristen Gillibrand, but she went off the deep end in her vendetta against Al Franken--as if his actions while pursuing a career in comedy were even remotely comparable to Trump's serial molestations or Moore's pedophilia. There are bad Democrats--Andrew Weiner eeewwww.... Franken wasn't one of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but putting that money into the banks lmakes use of multiple deposit creation. Banks, under the right circumstances can multiply that money exponentially. Under poor conditions bring in twice it's value. You don't get that just handing it out to people. And in a financial crisis money creation is important.
I know... but "under the right circumstances" doesn't always happen in this world. :) I don't trust banks, the government, Big Pharma, insurance companies, etc. I am not an anarchist, they have just proven themselves to be untrustworthy over time.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I know... but "under the right circumstances" doesn't always happen in this world. :) I don't trust banks, the government, Big Pharma, insurance companies, etc. I am not an anarchist, they have just proven themselves to be untrustworthy over time.

Yes, but you understand then banks' role in money creation, and why, despite your distrust of banks, experts will say to invest funds into them rather than just hand it out.

And even in non-ideal conditions banks still create money.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0