Who would you like to see lead the Democratic Party into 2020.

Who would you like to see lead the Democrats into 2020?

• Mark Zuckerberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oprah Winfrey

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Sen. Bernie Sanders

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Joe Biden

• Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Jerry Brown

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)

• Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Howard Schultz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Mendelson

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
a0997f64f95f0f6dd235e8758644ff958f1d1645883a0400ce3d65136d6f3ae7.jpg

LOL!

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is a good question..... for one I actually believe that President Trump and V. P. Pence are going to be nearly impossible to beat in 2020 so..........
best case scenario for the Dems is actually to set in motion a series of events that will turn out to be win - win - win - win - win for 99% of Americans............

..... what worries me about the next several years is the possible threat of a serious devaluation of the USA dollar that could cause major economic trouble as shown to Pastor Shane Warren in a dream back around 2011 or so..........

Some well informed people worry that this attempt will take place in 2018... 2000 + 6+6+6......

Oprah would worry more so about Americans being safe... than about her own career..... and assisted by Mr. Chris Brown she would be able to educate Americans at all levels....... even the leadership of the G.O.P. about how best to respond to a potential crisis of this nature.

So Oprah and Mr. Chris Brown to my thinking....... are the type of leadership needed to get us through what seems to be looming on the horizon????

I believe that President Donald J. Trump would coopt really good ideas as they are elaborated on......
The dream of the hurricane of money is at the 17 minute mark in this video......

Prophecy for America, money devalued, earthquake then revival for church?!

That may be (hard to beat) but you know I don't care. No true "peace" will come until Yeshua is on the throne. As for 2000 +6+6+6... my gosh, it is a number of a MAN not a date on a calendar nor a year. It is the number of a MAN, an account number without which he can't buy or sell. Otherwise.... what... I am the anti-Christ because the things I bought at a store recently came out to $6.66? :)

Incidentally... in Aramaic it is 616 and with the middle Greek letter being a stigma rather than sigma it might be pointing to the linguistic value of 616... but I will write you later about that. Shalom.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Although President Obama was definitely not one of my favourite Presidents.....
he and his team deserve a lot of credit for handling the economic crisis of 2008
quite wisely....... because America could have led the world into a serious depression if
some of the less than wise ideas of some overly idealistic Republicans had been
applied at that time.
Really? He gave the banks all the money. If he gave it evenly to all tax paying families... each tax paying family would have received just over $100,000.00 and imagine what would have happened to the economy if we all had that kind of money to pump into the system to buy things.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A woman candidate such as Sen. Collins (as an a Democrat) or Sen Gillibrand would handly beat Trump.

....IMO, Trump won't run for re-election in any case....the Presidency is too much work.

Every body said Hillary was going to handly beat Trump. How did that turn out?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OK, I'm a yellow dog, Bill Clinton Democrat. I live in the South where we understand party loyalty. And I would have voted for Reagan's budget man also (Kasich).

I thought Bill was more of a Blue Dog.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought Bill was more of a Blue Dog.
blue dog is a term used for legislators
yellow dog is a term used for voters

For decades, Democrats in the South called themselves yellow dog Democrats. They would vote for a yellow dog if he were a Democrat running against a Republican. Since the Civil Rights Act was passed, there are many who now have vote for Republicans in the same way.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
blue dog is a term used for legislators
yellow dog is a term used for voters

For decades, Democrats in the South called themselves yellow dog Democrats. They would vote for a yellow dog if he were a Democrat running against a Republican. Since the Civil Rights Act was passed, there are many who now have vote for Republicans in the same way.

Ah, I see. The term in Washington State is a Scoop Jackson Democrat I believe.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Really? He gave the banks all the money. If he gave it evenly to all tax paying families... each tax paying family would have received just over $100,000.00 and imagine what would have happened to the economy if we all had that kind of money to pump into the system to buy things.

Good point... that would have been a preferable decision.... .but do you think that President McCain and V. P. Palin would have done something like that?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Every body said Hillary was going to handly beat Trump. How did that turn out?

I really do believe that President Trump and V. P. Pence are going to be almost impossible to beat in 2020 so I think that if Oprah and MMT Proponent Chris Brown do extremely well.... then the Dems should run them again in 2024!

Can you imagine what could happen if Oprah were to attempt to replicate the Worgl, Austria local currency experiment...... .especially as it was applied in over one thousand communities in the USA during the Great Depression? Irving Fisher Ph. D. and his followers virtually forced FDR into The New Deal...... from what I have read.......

North American churches should each have their own currency!

Whatcom Watch Online - The Truth About Money: The Money System—Isn’t There a Better Way?

Alternative Currency in the U.S.

Irving Fisher, an American professor of economics at Yale University, visited Worgl before the local currency was suppressed and witnessed the ‘miracle’ firsthand. When he returned to the United States, Fisher spread the word by traveling and lecturing across the country, advocating the use of the Worgl ‘scrip’ everywhere. Inspired by his vision, hundreds of communities began issuing their own currency, and by 1934 there were over 1,000 local communities using ‘scrip’ throughout the U.S.

Every one of these communities experienced a tremendous rejuvenation of their local economies. They thrived while others suffered. Fisher then met with President Franklin D. Roosevelt, proposing the implementation of government-sanctioned local ‘scrip’ in every community in America. When FDR consulted with his top financial advisors and bankers, however, he was advised to shut all the ‘scrip’ systems down, which he did. Instead, he borrowed large amounts of money from bankers, at interest, and used it to pay for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation and the other work-creation projects, which collectively came to be known as the ‘New Deal.’ So ended the last widespread use of a local currency within the U.S.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good point... that would have been a preferable decision.... .but do you think that President McCain and V. P. Palin would have done something like that?
No... and as I have stated before, I neither put my trust in man nor expect the Kingdom to come from political decisions. We will see a reunification of all of Israel (the bride) and then the return of the King who will set up the Kingdom and rule in pure justice. Until then, we do the best we can under the conditions we are but should not expect things out of God's perfect timing.

We just see things differently, it seems, my brother. You seem to want to focus on secular politics, I think our time is best spent working to bring peace and unity to the body of Messiah.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No... and as I have stated before, I neither put my trust in man nor expect the Kingdom to come from political decisions. We will see a reunification of all of Israel (the bride) and then the return of the King who will set up the Kingdom and rule in pure justice. Until then, we do the best we can under the conditions we are but should not expect things out of God's perfect timing.

We just see things differently, it seems, my brother. You seem to want to focus on secular politics, I think our time is best spent working to bring peace and unity to the body of Messiah.

Pastor Ken...... I received a prophecy back in 2010 about Hebrew being spoken on land that I own that made little or no sense to me until 2012 when I heard the Pastor David Herzog / Sid Roth interview.... where an Exodus of American Jews north to Canada....and then on to Israel was predicted...... Now yesterday I just heard an interview that explains the Why... .that this happens..........

(For the record..... if I had been American back in 2008 I am 96% certain that I would have voted for McCain and Palin)..... but strangely enough Messiah Yeshua - Jesus was setting America up through President Obama....... as distasteful to me as so many of his policies were........ He does deserve credit for appointing people who may have understood economics a little better than many GOP officials seem to)!

Now I know why American Jews will flee north to Canada.... before moving on to Israel.......
the explanation is in this video....... but basically when President Donald J. Trump appoints FIVE supreme court justices.... .and when Roe Vs Wade is overturned in the USA and the unborn are protected..... Then..... there will be riots behind "The Blue Wall" which basically means New York and Los Angeles...... and Orthodox and Chassidic Jews will get tired of being surrounded by neighbours who are so far extreme left politically..... and they willl go north to relative stability to raise their families...... but many will be called on to Israel soon.................

This whole video is astonishing.......

Pastor Ken....... I need you to pray over something kind of huge that I have been facing for seven years now. Please forward your comments and assessment on to your prayer contacts........ because now everything is beginning to make sense....

Exodus USA... is this possible?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even though I'm not a democrat, I'd prefer if both parties ran a somewhat moderate candidate.

That's get us away from the extremes and back into the reasonable middle-ground.

Someone like a Jim Webb for the Democrats, and someone a Charlie Baker for the Republicans could bring politics back into the realm of civility instead of what we had the last few times around where people just shout and make wild accusations about each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Yes, but putting that money into the banks lmakes use of multiple deposit creation. Banks, under the right circumstances can multiply that money exponentially. Under poor conditions bring in twice it's value. You don't get that just handing it out to people. And in a financial crisis money creation is important.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I really do believe that President Trump and V. P. Pence are going to be almost impossible to beat in 2020 so I think that if Oprah and MMT Proponent Chris Brown do extremely well.... then the Dems should run them again in 2024!

Can you imagine what could happen if Oprah were to attempt to replicate the Worgl, Austria local currency experiment...... .especially as it was applied in over one thousand communities in the USA during the Great Depression? Irving Fisher Ph. D. and his followers virtually forced FDR into The New Deal...... from what I have read.......

North American churches should each have their own currency!

Whatcom Watch Online - The Truth About Money: The Money System—Isn’t There a Better Way?
Actually, Oprah might be one name that the Dems should seriously consider. She used to be quite popular with white women.

• Informative
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For what it is worth, I have also heard that Gov. Cuomo of NY might be interested, as well as former Gov. O'Malley of MD, who ran last time at the beginning of the nominating process. Another tidbit is that a good friend of mine wants Congressman Joe Kennedy to run.

I trust Cuomo less than I trust Chris Christie.

Independents don't win in the US. They need to run in one of the two parties. Sanders has chosen that in 2016 and will again in 2020, even though he is an independent. Perot was the last to try.

A Bloomberg run as an independent would likely guarantee a Republican victory, as the Republican base will continue to vote Republican.

Bloomberg has the potential to siphon off all the Romney Republicans, especially if the R's run another white nationalist.

Remember that at the time there was a lot of ire directed by the right towards all those degenerate homeowners who borrowed too much money. Congress stood in the way of bailing out regular people.

Upvote 0