Who would you invite over for afternoon tea?

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....Add Tolkien to mine, though I probably wouldn't talk so much about faith directly. I'd probably just sit in awe with my mouth hanging open to be in the presence of such unfathomable, creative genius......
You might also want to have some pipe weed on hand. I think he liked his Longbottom Leaf.

• Friendly
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have several Lutheran churches in my area. I think the pastor at one of those churches - not the one where I'm a member - could be a good friend. We went to lunch once, and I enjoyed it. However, he's always so busy. It doesn't seem he has time for tea and good conversation.

Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟109,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow! Lot's of posts added to this thread today and plenty of invites to tea!
The tea producers are going to be doing a roaring trade! :)

Unless we Americans dump it in the harbor.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's funny, my wife asked me basically this same question before. "If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?" See, she likes to read all those ridiculous magazines for women like Glamour or... or like Glamour. And she likes to go straight to the little quizzes they have in there for couples to test how compatible people are. But she gets mad at my answers and makes me change them so that we can get the best score and it is really annoying. So when she asked me, "If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?" I said, "I dunno... Caligula". She blew up! "Really, Orel?! That's who you're telling me your wife that you want to have lunch with?!" And I said, "Sorry, let me change that. I'd have lunch with you. And you'd be dead".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wouldn't invite Toto onto a movie set anyway. He'd probably be like the dog in this insurance advertisement.

A remake of Star Wars is definitely out!

ROFLOLOL!!!

Upvote 0