the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's been impeached, is he allowed to do things?

I think an argument can be made, if he is convicted in the Senate, that any pardons issued after today are invalid -- though the courts would need to decide that one.

It has been reported, though this is those "unnamed sources" again, that claim Trump has been quite upset after last week, when he felt forced to concede, and hasn't been in a mood to pardon anyone. Allegedly, the reasoning is something along the lines that those who are working for him didn't deliver a "victory" last Wednesday, so why should he help them. I'm guessing his mood hasn't improved after the second impeachment today.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I’m hoping he does and includes Eric, Junior and Ivanka.
Given what Jr and Guiliani said at the pre insurrection rally I would assume that Jr and Guilliani would have a large need for a pardon.
For people that aren't under investigation and haven't yet been charged for anything, it will be interesting for Trump to give them pardons. But that then free's them up from that pesky fifth amendment.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given what Jr and Guiliani said at the pre insurrection rally I would assume that Jr and Guilliani would have a large need for a pardon.
For people that aren't under investigation and haven't yet been charged for anything, it will be interesting for Trump to give them pardons. But that then free's them up from that pesky fifth amendment.

I was tempted to state on the thread I started, about Trump refusing to pay Giuliani, that the reason Trump is holding up reimbursing Giuliani's expenses was so Trump could ask Giuliani if he wanted his reimbursements in cash or a pardon. Decided that joke might be going too far, at least in the OP of a thread.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think an argument can be made, if he is convicted in the Senate, that any pardons issued after today are invalid -- though the courts would need to decide that one.

It has been reported, though this is those "unnamed sources" again, that claim Trump has been quite upset after last week, when he felt forced to concede, and hasn't been in a mood to pardon anyone. Allegedly, the reasoning is something along the lines that those who are working for him didn't deliver a "victory" last Wednesday, so why should he help them. I'm guessing his mood hasn't improved after the second impeachment today.
When Trump gave that "forced to condede" speech after the capitol riot, I got the impression he was given the order to say those exact words to reduce his legal liability. I didn't get the sense that he meant them at all.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
An impeachment is the same as an indictment. He has not been found guilty yet.
That was always so confusing, the word use context always made such a big deal of it - like that proves it - but it doesn't. Thanks.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump's time is just about up. I suppose Trump could wait until Tuesday night, but that is probably reserved for pardoning himself.

There are lots of possibilities including his lawyers, his family, and everyone who participated in last week's insurrection.
I have a feeling it wont be Michael Cohen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He better reserve pardons for those who do not have dirt on him. Don't recall where I read it, but I believe once pardon, they have to testify against him with regard to what they were pardoned for since they can no longer incriminate themselves. IE if he pardons Guillani for his role in the election fraud hoax, then Guillani will have to testify against Trump in any future trials related to election fraud.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Trump's time is just about up. I suppose Trump could wait until Tuesday night, but that is probably reserved for pardoning himself.
It will also give him time to raid the US Treasury and send billions of dollars to some secret bank account somewhere.

Then after pardoning himself, no one can indict or convict him of the theft of vast sums of money belonging to the US government.

Heck, if he can pull it off, he could get away scott free with robbing all the gold in Fort Knox, just as long as he can pardon himself before noon on Jan. 20.

Upvote 0