Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are making the B/C the center of God`s purposes when it is Christ and His purposes for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations. You are only writing concerning the B/C.

How do you fell about this passage of Jesus speaking to the Israelites?

Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. (Matt. 21:43)

Now I believe all that Paul wrote in Romans 9 through 11 about Israel being restored, and "all Israel will be saved." Don't you agree that for a time God sought the fruit He could not obtain from the nation of Israel who had the kingdom of God temporarily taken from them?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Body of Christ are kingpriests and that dual office is ONLY in the third heaven, the highest, Christ`s own throne. The New Jerusalem has those offices separate.
And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen.(Rev. 1:5,6)

. . . You were slain and have purchased for God by Your blood men out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made them a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth. (Rev. 5:9b10)

1.) Those released from sins by His blood are of course the church, the body of Christ.
2.) Thier ordination of a kingdom - priests is
on the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. (Matt. 21:43)

The truth of the matter is that largly both Israel as a nation AND the church have failed to produce the fruit that God sought. Clarification: the majority of the saints in both entities failed.

Because the majority in both entities came short of the desired fruit Revelation specifies "he who overcomes" - what we can call the overcomers.

This is brief. But by the time of the second coming and the commencement of the millennium the overcomers are rewarded to co-reign with Christ for this time. The overcomers rose to the expected standard to be victoroius through Christ's grace.

What about the rest? What about the majority of both the believing Israelites and the eternally saved saints of the church? By the time of the END of the millennium they have all been perfected.
Of this we do not know many things. But the evidence of God continuing His economy for at least another 1,000 years with some different "flavor" of dealing, is evident. Those dealings will be with different atmosphere.

By the time of the new heaven and new earth no saved saint from either ancient Israel or the church is left still immature. For in that eternal age nothing but righteousness through and through exists.

Second Peter 3:12-14 -

Expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will be dissolved, and the elements, burning with intense heat, are to be melted away? But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you expect these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace without spot and without blemish;

We need to return to further discuss Mathew 22:12 and that whole parable.
Marlyn C? I need some good examiners.

Hint: The wedding garment that the "friend" had was not the garment for eternal redemption.
He lacked the garment for the wedding meaning subjective righteousnesses. His living was not transformed. He is not thrown into the lake of fire for eternal punishment. He does "suffer loss" (1 Cor. 3:15) though being sent to "outer darkness."(Matt. 22:13)

G. H. Lang makes a good point that in a wedding in ancient Israel the lights were bright and the outer garden was dark. The "friend" ill-prepared with righteous living for the wedding feast is disciplined in not being able to participate. The outer darkness symbolizes the missing of the millennial kingdom. It is a realm outside of Christ's glory in some serious way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ`s Character and Offices.

Christ the Voice of God.

• Jasper – Naphtali – Conqueror.
  • Sapphire – Simeon – Voice of God.
  • Chalcedony – Zebulon – dwelling.
Christ the conqueror, is the Voice of God dwelling with His people.

Christ the King.
  • Emerald – Reuben – Firstborn, heir.
  • Sardonyx – Asher – Blessing.
  • Sardius – Judah – King, ruler.
Christ the firstborn & heir, is the King giving blessings.

Christ the Priest.
  • Chrysolite – Gad – Righteousness & justice.
  • Beryl – Levi – Priest.
  • Topaz – Issachar –Wisdom.

Christ the High Priest, judges with wisdom, righteousness and justice.
Amen to this.
And Christ desires and is able to make us more than conquerors too, if we cooperate with His grace. Am I right?

Romans 8:37 - But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us.
Christ at God`s Right Hand.
  • Chrysoprase – Manassah – forgiveness.
  • Jacinth – Ephraim – doubly fruitful.
  • Amethyst – Benjamin – at the right hand of the Father.
No argument here either. These attributes of Christ are wonderful.
Though I am told I am making too much of the B/C "Body of Christ" God's will is to work Christ into all His redeemed people.

Though they cannot accomplish redemption, they are to be a duplication and multiplication of what He is in a corporate expression.

Here is John 12:23,24 Jesus Christ speaks of His death as meant to be a multiplication of what He is as God-man into many others.

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

See? We're not making too much of the Body of Christ. It is brought about by the multiplication of the God-men. This is the process in which we believers all are participating.
Christ the KingPriest, at the right hand of the Father, gives forgiveness & blessings.

(The Stones. Ex. 28: 17 – 21,

the tribes. Num. 10: 14 – 17,

the meanings. Gen. 29: 32, 30: 1 – 24, 35: 18 Rev. 21: 19 & 20 )
These highlights of the divine attributes of our High Priest Christ are all appreciated.
Amen to the Great High Priest who ever lives to intercede for us. That is that we be saved to the uttermost. His divine attributes wrought into His Body that they may express in human virtues His divine atributes. Saved to the UTTERMOST!

Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them. (Heb. 7:25)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First let's enjoy and master all the details of the parable of Matthew 22:1-14

And Jesus answered and spoke again in parables to them, saying,

The kingdom of the heavens has become like a king who prepared a wedding feast for his son.

And he sent his slaves to call those who had been called to the wedding feast, yet they would not come. Again, he sent other slaves, saying, Tell those who have been called, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatted cattle have been slain, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding feast.

But they disregarded it and went off, one to his own field and another to his business,
And the rest took hold of his slaves, treated them shamefully, and killed them.
And the king became angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Then he said to his slaves, The wedding feast is ready, but those who have been called were not worthy. Go therefore to the crossroads, and as many as you find, call to the wedding feast.
And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both evil and good, and the wedding feast was filled with those reclining at table.

But when the king came in to look at those reclining at table, he saw there a man who was not clothed with a wedding garment, And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless.Then the king said to the servants, Bind his feet and hands, and cast him out into the outer darkness. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

For many are called but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First let's enjoy and master all the details of the parable of Matthew 22:1-14

And Jesus answered and spoke again in parables to them, saying,

The kingdom of the heavens has become like a king who prepared a wedding feast for his son.

And he sent his slaves to call those who had been called to the wedding feast, yet they would not come. Again, he sent other slaves, saying, Tell those who have been called, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatted cattle have been slain, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding feast.

But they disregarded it and went off, one to his own field and another to his business,
And the rest took hold of his slaves, treated them shamefully, and killed them.
And the king became angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

Then he said to his slaves, The wedding feast is ready, but those who have been called were not worthy. Go therefore to the crossroads, and as many as you find, call to the wedding feast.
And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both evil and good, and the wedding feast was filled with those reclining at table.

But when the king came in to look at those reclining at table, he saw there a man who was not clothed with a wedding garment, And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless.Then the king said to the servants, Bind his feet and hands, and cast him out into the outer darkness. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

For many are called but few are chosen.
Jesus was talking to the people of Israel about the promises of God to them.

`Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, TO CONFIRM THE PROMISES made to the fathers.` (Rom. 158)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning Marilyn C. I hope you enjoyed reading again the parable. Jesus is talking to you and I also. He is still speaking .

`Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, TO CONFIRM THE PROMISES made to the fathers.` (Rom. 158)
I do hope you realize and believe Jesus is speaking in Matthew 22:1-14 to every opened heart who has an ear to hear.

This parable purposely follows the previous chapter's parable of Matthew 21:33-46 about the vinyard. The teaching that concluded that parable said this:
Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. (21:43)

So the parable under examination FOLLOWS the parable and teaching about the transfer of the kingdom of God from the nation of Israel to the church to establish the kingdom of the heavens.

The parable of the vinyard in 21:33-46 refers to the Old Testament, in which was "the kingdom of God." - "the kingdom of God shall be taken from you . . . ".
But the parable of the marriage feast in 22:1-14 refers to the New Testament, in which is "the kingdom of the heavens.

In the foregoing parable of the vinyard the Lord illustrates how the Jews in the kingdom of God would be punishedm and how the kingdom of God would be taken from them and given to the kingdom people. Another parable (that of the marriage feast) to show the people of the church in the kingdom of the heavens will be strictly dealt with. Both parables show the kingdom is a serious matter.

In the previous parable he who falls upon the stone of Christ must be broken in pieces.
And he on whom that stone falls will be crushed into power.

In the next parable even one who arrives at the wedding feast may be sent out into the outerdarkness for PRESUMMING to come without
the proper subjective moral preparation.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In the previous parable of the vinyard Jesus shows the serious result of the circumcision leaders rejecting Him.

And they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.

Therefore when the master of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?
They said to Him, He will miserably destroy those evil men and will lease the vineyard to other vinedressers, who will give the fruit to him in their seasons.

Jesus said to them, Have you never read in the Scriptures, “The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the head of the corner. This was from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes”?

Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. And he who falls on this stone shall be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it shall crush him to powder and scatter him like chaff.

And when the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking concerning them. (Matt. 21:39-45)

In the next parable of the marriage feast the Lord show the unexpected attendees may not be presummptous the take cheaply that they have been invited instead.

And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both evil and good, and the wedding feast was filled with those reclining at table. But when the king came in to look at those reclining at table, he saw there a man who was not clothed with a wedding garment, And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Then the king said to the servants, Bind his feet and hands, and cast him out into the outer darkness. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. For many are called but few are chosen. (22:10-14)

Both parable show that the kingdom is a serious moral matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to contrast for you the two parables of the vinyard workers (Matt. 21:33-46) and the marriage feast (Matt. 22:1-14).
You must take these two parables as every bit the Lord's speaking to us today as believers in Christ.

The parable of the vinyard, the Old Testament was likjened to a winyard, focussing mainly on the matter of labor under the law. In the following parable the New Testament is likened to a "a marriage feast" focusing on the matter of the enjoyment of new covenant grace.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 22:3 - And he sent his slaves to call those who had been called to the wedding feast, yet they would not come.

This represents the first group of the New Testament apostles. These are the first to go out to invite the Jews firstly to the wedding feast God has estasblished.

Then afterward he sent other apostles to do the same work of inviting.

Matthew 22:4 - Again, he sent other slaves, saying, Tell those who have been called, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatted cattle have been slain, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding feast.

Both the "oxen" and the "fatted beasts" refer to Christ. Christ was killed that God's chosen ones might enjoy His death for them as a feast.

Again, he sent other slaves, saying, Tell those who have been called, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatted cattle have been slain, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding feast.

Verse 7 represents the Roman troops under Titus which came and destroyed Jerusalem in A.D. 70.

And the king became angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city. (v.7)

Because of the rejection of the Jews (the circumcision) they were deemed not worthy" of the enjoyment of the New Testament. As Acts 13:46 also says.

Compare:
Matt, 22:8,9 - Then he said to his slaves, The wedding feast is ready, but those who have been called were not worthy.
Go therefore to the crossroads, and as many as you find, call to the wedding feast.

Acts 13:46,47 - And Paul and Barnabas spoke boldly and said, It was necessary for the word of God to be spoken to you first. Since you thrust it away and do not judge yourselves worthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

For so the Lord has commanded us, “I have set you as a light of the Gentiles, that you would be for salvation unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though the Jews thrusted away God's plan for them, this being put aside of Israel is temporary.

Romans 11:11 - I say then, Have they stumbled so as to fall? Absolutely not! But by their misstep salvation has come to the Gentiles, to provoke them to jealousy.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I come to the wedding guest who was dismissed.
And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both evil and good, and the wedding feast was filled with those reclining at table. (Matt. 22:10)

The first invinted ones made light of the invitation and rejected it. They not only didn't come but treated the apostles shamefully. They their city was destroyed by the king.

The Gentiles are seeming accidental guests who were not the intended first group to be invited.
The phrase
"gathered all who they found, both evil and good" should indicate those recipients of grace, who received the good news of justification not by law keeping but by faith in the Son of God.

The next section warns that grace should not be taken for granted. And the king expects that grace would ALSO cause the invite to be properly transformed within.

The "marriage garment" is the key. If the man present at the table is not saved then he should not be there period. For Marlyn C. to suggest an unsaved unbeliever went to Heaven and then was expelled does not make good sense.

A better interpretation:
But when the king came in to look at those reclining at table, he saw there a man who was not clothed with a wedding garment,
and he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless. (v.11,12)

This "marriage garment" is typified by the raiment of practical RIGHTEOUS DEEDS or "RIGHTEOUSNESSES"[sic] of the saints at the marriage dinner. (Revelation 19:7,8)

All who recieve the GIFT of eternal redemption are cloth are justified for the eternal age of the new heaven and new earth. But the overcomers are those who not only stand on a righteous position but have been sanctifed in their DISPOSITION to express righteous deeds, righteous living, living by Christ within and expressing Christ practically in their transformed soul.

The word "righteousnessES" is not a typo. It means righteous behavior adorning those who were justified by faith. The Lord EXPECTS this preparation from those who are invited to the wedding of Christ and His church.

Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.
And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.
And he said to me, Write, Blessed are they who are called to the marriage dinner of the Lamb. And he said to me, These are the true words of God.

The RighteousnessES of the saints points not to their standing on an eternal righteous position.
Though that is critical for eternal redemption to participate in the festivities of the wedding feast the Lord will look for us to arrive having been transformed in our living to express righteous deeds (righteousnessES). You all know good and well SO MUCH of the New Testament concists of exhortations to those now saved, to allow Christ to conform and transform their living to express Christ in their soul.

To go forth to meet the Lord's as the Bridegroom it is important that we do not take for granted His grace and remain living in the old life. I sometimes explain the Gospel to people in this way.

With the Gospel there is something that you GET and there is something that you don't GET.
1.) You GET to be forgiven of every sin you ever committed.
2.) You do NOT GET to remain the same kind of person you were as when you sinned.

The expulsion of the friend who arrives without the proper wedding garment is the saved one who PRESUMPTIOUSLY arrives at the marriage feast still living the old life in the same way as when he recieved the Savior's saving grace.

Such one foolishly presumed to show up before the Lord at the marriage feast ill-clothed in his old manner of life. The bride has made herself ready. That is MADE HERSELF ready by doing what she could to be clothed in fine linen which is the righteous deeds or righteousnesses of the saints.

The Lord alone decides how much each of us took time and opportunity after redemption to be transformed in our soul. Do not say "But we all do not have the same amount of time." That is in the hands of the sovereign Lord. What did we do with the availiable time that we DID have?

The presumptious friend is punished dispensationally not eternally. He is not sent to eternal perdition. He is disciplined in a realm outside of the glory of the Lord's millennial reign - "the outer darkness."

And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, Bind his feet and hands, and cast him out into the outer darkness. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

Some of you never heard this before.
Think about it before the Lord.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning Marilyn C. I hope you enjoyed reading again the parable. Jesus is talking to you and I also. He is still speaking .

I do hope you realize and believe Jesus is speaking in Matthew 22:1-14 to every opened heart who has an ear to hear.

This parable purposely follows the previous chapter's parable of Matthew 21:33-46 about the vinyard. The teaching that concluded that parable said this:
Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit. (21:43)

So the parable under examination FOLLOWS the parable and teaching about the transfer of the kingdom of God from the nation of Israel to the church to establish the kingdom of the heavens.

The parable of the vinyard in 21:33-46 refers to the Old Testament, in which was "the kingdom of God." - "the kingdom of God shall be taken from you . . . ".
But the parable of the marriage feast in 22:1-14 refers to the New Testament, in which is "the kingdom of the heavens.

In the foregoing parable of the vinyard the Lord illustrates how the Jews in the kingdom of God would be punishedm and how the kingdom of God would be taken from them and given to the kingdom people. Another parable (that of the marriage feast) to show the people of the church in the kingdom of the heavens will be strictly dealt with. Both parables show the kingdom is a serious matter.

In the previous parable he who falls upon the stone of Christ must be broken in pieces.
And he on whom that stone falls will be crushed into power.

In the next parable even one who arrives at the wedding feast may be sent out into the outerdarkness for PRESUMMING to come without
the proper subjective moral preparation.
So, where in God`s word tells you that you can take what God is saying to others to yourself?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to contrast for you the two parables of the vinyard workers (Matt. 21:33-46) and the marriage feast (Matt. 22:1-14).
You must take these two parables as every bit the Lord's speaking to us today as believers in Christ.

The parable of the vinyard, the Old Testament was likjened to a winyard, focussing mainly on the matter of labor under the law. In the following parable the New Testament is likened to a "a marriage feast" focusing on the matter of the enjoyment of new covenant grace.
Again, where does it say in God`s word that we can take what God is saying to OTHERS as to us?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, where in God`s word tells you that you can take what God is saying to others to yourself?

I believe the Gospel of Matthew. like the rest of the New Testament, is to everyone who will listen.
Matthew 11:15 - He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

He did not say - He who is of Israel and has ears to hear let him hear.

Again in 13:9 Jesus says - He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
This is after teaching of the word of the kingdom as a seed falling on different types of soil.

Do you think that today the disciples of Jesus should ignore His parable of the
Matthew 13:1-9? And He Himself interprets His parable in verses 19-23 beginning with this word -

For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men have desired to perceive the things that you see, and have not perceived them, and to hear the things that you hear, and have not heard them. You therefore hear the parable of the one who sowed. (vs.17,18)

Again in verse 43 - Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew concludes with Jesus giving directions for the disciples to go "to all the nations" and teach the things He taught them.

Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age. (Matt. 28:19,20)

We Gentiles qualify to hear and be discipled by the apostles. People who make this argument of "Jesus is not talking to you there" usually do so selectively. But the Lord said - "Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

So you have no case to teach that Matthew's Gospel is not for all who have ears to hear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Gospel of Matthew. like the rest of the New Testament, is to everyone who will listen.
Matthew 11:15 - He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

He did not say - He who is of Israel and has ears to hear let him hear.

Again in 13:9 Jesus says - He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
This is after teaching of the word of the kingdom as a seed falling on different types of soil.

Do you think that today the disciples of Jesus should ignore His parable of the
Matthew 13:1-9? And He Himself interprets His parable in verses 19-23 beginning with this word -

For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men have desired to perceive the things that you see, and have not perceived them, and to hear the things that you hear, and have not heard them. You therefore hear the parable of the one who sowed. (vs.17,18)

Again in verse 43 - Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew concludes with Jesus giving directions for the disciples to go "to all the nations" and teach the things He taught them.

Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age. (Matt. 28:19,20)

We Gentiles qualify to hear and be discipled by the apostles. People who make this argument of "Jesus is not talking to you there" usually do so selectively. But the Lord said - "Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

So you have no case to teach that Matthew's Gospel is not for all who have ears to hear.
`Jesus began to say to the multitudes ........He who has ears to hear, let him hear. But what shall I liken this generation? ` (Matt. 11: 7 - 16)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew's word pictures often portray spiritual points.
His whole so-called "Sermon on the Mount" is given on a higher plain signifying the requirements for kingdom living are high and not low or common.

And when He saw the crowds, He went up to the mountain. And after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. (Matt. 5:1)

Crowds followed Christ. But to give this high word on living in the kingdom of the heavens He goes up to a higher plain away from the crowds. Only those wanting to be discipled follow Him.

At the end of His giving His teaching in chapters 5 through 7 He then came down from the mountain again to the crowds. This is significant.

Matthew 8:1 - And when He came down from the mountain, great crowds followed Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew's word pictures often portray spiritual points.
His whole so-called "Sermon on the Mount" is given on a higher plain signifying the requirements for kingdom living are high and not low or common.

And when He saw the crowds, He went up to the mountain. And after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. (Matt. 5:1)

Crowds followed Christ. But to give this high word on living in the kingdom of the heavens He goes up to a higher plain away from the crowds. Only those wanting to be discipled follow Him.

At the end of His giving His teaching in chapters 5 through 7 He then come down from the mountaun again to the crowds. This is significant.

Matthew 8:1 - And when He came down from the mountain, great crowds followed Him.
And all those people were UNDER THE LAW. We are NOT.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The interpretation of the saved man being expelled from the marriage supper is consistent with the requirements of kingdom of the heavens living. Our righteousness must not be play acting, mask wearing, or hypocritical. It must be a genuine righeousness from within do to Christ inward transformation.

Matt. 5:20 -

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

Why was the friend of the king exposed as not being properly dressed for the festivities of the marriage feast? Though this believer was ransomed by the blood of the new covenant the work of transformation had not been heeded. He fell short of overcoming the superfiscial religiosity of the scribes and Pharisees.

1.) Here we see that he was qualified to be eternally redeemed.

Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many. (Matt. 20:28)

2.) Here we see that the Lord's redemption has allowed him the forgiveness of sins.

For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. (Matt. 26:28)

3.) But here we see in a parable that his subjective living out fell short of the high demand of the kingdom of the heavens.

But when the king came in to look at those reclining at table, he saw there a man who was not clothed with a wedding garment, And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless. (Matt. 22:11,12)

His expulsion from the wedding feast is not eternal punishment.
But it is dispensational discipline. It is the temporary suffering of loss THOUGH he is still saved. It is the failure to receive the reward of the marriage celebration and the millennial reign in the outer darkness. There he will learn some lessons which he neglected to learn during the age of grace.

First Corinthians 3:13-15 -

The work of each will become manifest; for the day will declare it, because it is revealed by fire, and the fire itself will prove each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward;

If anyone’s work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though the twelve disciples were typical Jews brought up under the Law Christ sought to bring them to a new law of a changed nature. He compared the old law with the new law showing its demand was more penetrating and higher for it involved God changing a man's nature.

1.) Here he shows that the kingdom of the heavens living is more penetrating to the innermost motive of man than the outward behavior sought by the old law.

Concerning anger and murder - You have heard that it was said to the ancients, “You shall not murder, and whoever murders shall be liable to the judgment.” But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be liable to the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, Raca, shall be liable to the judgment of the Sanhedrin; and whoever says, Moreh, shall be liable to the Gehenna of fire. (Matt. 5:21, 22)

Concerning lustful thoughts and adultery -
You have heard that it was said, “You shall not commit adultery.” But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman in order to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (5:27,28)

In each repreentative case Jesus contrasts what the Law taught them with what He NOW teaches them. "You have heard . . . But I say to you . . ."

2.)
Here He shows that His kingdom of the heavens will be a matter of changing people's nature. They then must cooperate with the new nature to learn to live a new way, a way in the kingdom of the heavens. The nature of the tree must be made to spontaneously bear worthy fruit.

Matthew 12:33 - Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree corrupt and its fruit corrupt; for by the fruit the tree is known.

Upvote 0