Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You directly contradict the Bible. It says in one Spirit we [believers in Christ] were baptized into one Body. You directly contradict not only First Cor. 12:12,13 -

For even as the body is one and has many members, yet all the members of the body, being many, are one body, so also is the Christ.
For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to drink one Spirit.

You also seem ignorant that as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.(Gal. 3:27-29)

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there cannot be slave nor free man, there cannot be male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are of Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to promise. (Gal. 3:27-29)

You should read Ephesians line by line praying Amen to everything that God has said there.
Learn to pray over the words of the Bible in faith.
God has great purposes and the Body of Christ is but one.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has great purposes and the Body of Christ is but one.

We ought to realize that this Body of Christ will allow Christ to move and do whatever He wishes.
It is not an organization as Chtstianity is collection of fractured and splintered organizations.
This Body is a organisim which cannot fail to emmerge regardless of human failures.

Mary gave birth to the Son of God, prividing Him with a body.
Christ died and rose that God would provide for Him the mystical Bosy of Christ.
As the body supplied to Him to move and act in His earthly ministry so must it be still.
A corporate body coming into maturity gives Christ a way to move further in man.

This Body must emmerge through the growth of the life of God in its members.
Its members must hold fast to Christ the Head in order to grow up into Him in all things.

And not holding the Head, out from whom all the Body, being richly supplied and knit together by means of the joints and sinews, grows with the growth of God. (Col. 2:19)

As you can see "the growth of God" will be hindered in us of we do NOT learn to hold on to Christ the Head. The rich supply is circumvented if we do not hold to Christ.
The knitting together of the joints and sinews is nullified if God's enemy suceeds to distract us from holding to the living Head.

But in these last days a remnant must learn throughout many cities on earth TO come back from any distractions to hold the Head and grow up into Him in all things. Some will overcome as a Gideon's small army and break through for the entire corpus of Christ's people. "The growth of God" is now causing the Body to practically come into function. All reading this post have opportunity to enter into this growth of God for the building up of the Body.

Again in Ephesians the Body is not a collection of organizations but an organic oneness and living unity of those allowing the growth of Christ to proceed without staling.

But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ,
Out from whom all the Body, being joined together and being knit together through every joint of the rich supply and through the operation in the measure of each one part, causes the growth of the Body unto the building up of itself in love. (Eph. 4:15,16)

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I should not have capitalized the him referring to man. Correction below.

"Realize that from the beginning when God created man He ordained [him] to have dominion and express His image on the earth. It is not that He created man to have dominion on earth while living in Heaven. Before Abraham, before Israel, before any of this, at creation God ordained man to live ON the earth and have domion OVER the earth.
(Genesis 1:26-28)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will still keep His promises to Israel as a nation. But this is not greater than the New Jerusalem which is the enlargement of the church.

I showed you in Galatians - And if you are of Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to promise. (Gal.3:29)

At the close of this age overcomers will co-inherit the earth. These who are the meek who inherit (Matt.5:5) the earth are of Greek, Jew, slave, freeman, male, female and not just Israelites.

Back up to see what preceeds verse 29.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there cannot be slave nor free man, there cannot be male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if you are of Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to promis

Abraham`s seed is Christ and we are of Christ`s spiritual seed. We are NOT of Abraham in relation to earthly seed.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Realize that from the beginning when God created man He ordained Him to have dominion and express His image on the earth. It is not that He created man to have dominion on earth while living in Heaven. Before Abraham, before Israel, before any of this, at creation God ordained man to live ON the earth and have domion OVER the earth. (Genesis 1:26-28)
I agree that God made man to have dominion over the earth. Then, God called out Israel from the nations to rule over them in righteousness. This will be fulfilled. Then, God promised those of the OT an inheritance in the new Jerusalem, to rule from the universal realm.

Finally, God `called out` another group who would rule from the highest on the Lord`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21) - the Body of Christ.

11.Summary..jpg

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that God made man to have dominion over the earth. Then, God called out Israel from the nations to rule over them in righteousness. This will be fulfilled. Then, God promised those of the OT an inheritance in the new Jerusalem, to rule from the universal realm.

Finally, God `called out` another group who would rule from the highest on the Lord`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21) - the Body of Christ.

The New Jeresalem is something the saints are BECOMMING.
it is more a "place" we are BECOMMING rather than a location to which we are GOING.

The "going to" New Jerusalem is a going by means of transfomation.
On an individual basis these verses help to see this "organic" building we were saved to become.

1.) 2 Cor. 3:17,18 -
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit.

Through the indwelling Spirit, the indwelling Lord we are arriving at New Jerusalem by means of transformation into the same image of Christ. The more we gaze upon Him in spirit, beholding and reflecting Him, the more we by degrees are beccomming like Him.

When all the OT and NT believers are fully transformed the complete New Jerusalem we ARE.

2.) Romans 8:28-30 -
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers; And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified.

According to His purpose, His eternal purpose all of the saints are to be conformed through transformation into the image of His Son.
This is making the Son the Firstborn among many brother sons of God. The chain of unstopable steps are-
Foreknew ---> Predestinated ---> Called --->Justified ---> Conformed -->Glorified

From God's point of view above time these have all already taken place. That is why Paul writes them in the past tense. The consummation is the saints BECOMMING New Jerusalem complete.

3.) Peter, as the leading of the twelve apostles, by transfomation becomes a stone in this building. That Jesus changed his name from Simon to Peter (a stone) indicates he is being transformed into the church component, and likewise into a component of New Jerusalem.

Matthew 16:17,18 -
And Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Error prone Peter who often made mistakes has his destination of transformation for the building of the church. And he never forgot that not only is he a living stone but we all who are Christ's are ourselves living stones.

First Peter 2:5 -
You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

There are many, many other verses revealing the same thing. The BUILDING of the church and of New Jerusalem is a building together through our organic transformation by the Trune God dispensing His life and nature into His redeemed people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Jerusalem is the ultimate climax of God's work. There is no perfection which surpasses the full emmergence of New Jerusalem. And this is something the redeemed are BECOMMING more than a location to which they are going.

Three SIGNS I submit to indicate this perfection towards which the saints by divine life are "traveling".

1.) She has the glory of God. God is expressed in New Jerusalem as the mingling of divinity with humanity.

Reveation 21:10,11 -

And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal.

The city has the glory of God. In a crystal clear transparent way the indwelling Triune God shine forth from within His redeemed such that there is no obscurity or opagueness left.

Jasper color is a deep dark rich green color signifying the deep richness of God's life.
God on the throne in
Revelation 4:3 has this jasper appearance.
And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance,

And the final consummated city ALSO bears a jasper color (having the glory of God)
Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal. (21:11)

This sign is symbolic SIGN of the plan TEACHING that we are all being transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:17,18) and all being conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son (Rom. 8:28)

2.) The dimensions of the city are a perfect cube like the dimensions of the Holy of Holies the innermost chamber of the tabernacle and temple of God. There God and man met. And here in New Jerusalem the entire city is the Holy of Holies for God and man to meet forever.

Revelation 21:16 -
And the city lies square, and its length is as great as the breadth. And he measured the city with the reed to a length of twelve thousand stadia; the length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

The dimensions of the Holy of Holies, both in the tabernacle and the temple, are equal in length, breadth, and height (Exodus 26:2-8; 1 Kings 6:20). Therefore for the city to be have equal dimensions in the same way signifies the entire New Jerusalam is the Holy of Holies.

Notice also that the temple in the city of New Jerusalem is God and Christ. This shows the city is the organic mingling and union of God and man.

Revelation 21:22 - And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

3.)
The dimensions also reveal perfection. Twelve is a number signifying perfection in eternity.

And her dimensions are multiplies of twelve thousand stadia. The word picture signfies
great and tremendous perfection!

Revelation 21:16b,17 -
And he measured the city with the reed to a length of twelve thousand stadia; the length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
And he measured its wall, a hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.

The words "the measure of a man, that is, of an angel" means man has become as sinless as the good angels who never rebelled against thier Creator.

For all these SIGNS there are accompanying PLAIN TEACHING. The profound process and destination of all of God's people is taught in plan words and also in SIGNS signifying these plain teachings. Ie The above symbolism is expressed in the words of Christ's mighty prayer in John 17:21-23)

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;
I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.

They are also symbolism signifing the plan words of the Apostle Paul about the purpose for our salvation.
Ephesians 1:4,5

Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Jeresalem is something the saints are BECOMMING.
it is more a "place" we are BECOMMING rather than a location to which we are GOING.

The "going to" New Jerusalem is a going by means of transfomation.
On an individual basis these verses help to see this "organic" building we were saved to become.

1.) 2 Cor. 3:17,18 -
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit.

Through the indwelling Spirit, the indwelling Lord we are arriving at New Jerusalem by means of transformation into the same image of Christ. The more we gaze upon Him in spirit, beholding and reflecting Him, the more we by degrees are beccomming like Him.

When all the OT and NT believers are fully transformed the complete New Jerusalem we ARE.

2.) Romans 8:28-30 -
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers; And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified.

According to His purpose, His eternal purpose all of the saints are to be conformed through transformation into the image of His Son.
This is makeing the Son the Firstborn among many brother sons of God. The chain of unstopable steps are-
Foreknew ---> Predestinated ---> Called --->Justified ---> Conformed -->Glorified

From God's point of view above time these have all already taken place. That is why Paul writes them in the past tense. The consummation is the saints BECOMMING New Jerusalem complete.

3.) Peter, as the leading of the twelve apostles, by transfomation becomes a stone in this building. That Jesus changed his name from Simon to Peter (a stone) indicates he is being transformed into the church component, and likewise into a component of New Jerusalem.

Matthew 16:17,18 -
And Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Error prone Peter who often made mistakes has his destination of transformation for the building of the church. And he never forgot that not only is he a living stone but we all who are Christ's are ourselves living stones.

First Peter 2:5 -
You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

There are many, many other verses reveling the same thing. The BUILDING of the church and of New Jerusalem is a building together through our organic transformation by the Trune God dispensing His life and nature into His redeemed people.
The Body of Christ are kingpriests and that dual office is ONLY in the third heaven, the highest, Christ`s own throne. The New Jerusalem has those offices separate.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Jerusalem is the ultimate climax of God's work. There is no perfection which surpasses the full emmergence of New Jerusalem. And this is something the redeemed are BECOMMING more than a location to which they are going.

Three SIGNS I submit to indicate this perfection towards which the saints by divine life are "traveling" towards.

1.) She has the glory of God. God is expressed in New Jerusalem as the mingling of divinity with humanity.

Reveation 21:10,11 -

And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal.

The city has the glory of God. In a crystal clear transparent way the indwelling Triune God shine forth from within His redeemed such that there is no obscurity or opagueness left.

Jasper color is a deep dark rich green color signifying the deep richness of God's life.
God on the throne in
Revelation 4:3 has this jasper appearance.
And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance,

And the final consummated city ALSO bears a jasper color (having the glory of God)
Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal. (21:11)

This sign is symbolic SIGN of the plan TEACHING that we are all being transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:17,18) and all being conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son (Rom. 8:28)

2.) The dimensions of the city are a perfect cube like the dimensions of the Holy of Holies the innermost chamber of the tabernacle and temple of God. There God and man met. And here in New Jerusalem the entire city is the Holy of Holies for God and man to meet forever.

Revelation 21:16 -
And the city lies square, and its length is as great as the breadth. And he measured the city with the reed to a length of twelve thousand stadia; the length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

The dimensions of the Holy of Holies, both in the tabernacle and the temple, are equal in length, breadth, and height (Exodus 26:2-8; 1 Kings 6:20). Therefore for the city to be have equal dimensions in the same way signifies the entire New Jerusalam is the Holy of Holies.

Notice also that the temple in the city of New Jerusalem is God and Christ. This shows the city is the organic mingling and union of God and man.

Revelation 21:22 - And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

3.)
The dimensions also reveal perfection. Twelve is a number signifying perfection in eternity.

And her dimensions are multiplies of twelve thousand stadia. The word picture signfies
great and tremendous perfection!

Revelation 21:16b,17 -
And he measured the city with the reed to a length of twelve thousand stadia; the length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
And he measured its wall, a hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.

The words "the measure of a man, that is, of an angel" means man has become as sinless as the good angels who never rebelled against thier Creator.

For all these SIGNS there are accompanying PLAIN TEACHING. The profound process and destination of all of God's people is taught in plan words and also in SIGNS signifying these plain teachings. Ie The above symbolism is expressed in the words of Christ's mighty prayer in John 17:21-23)

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;
I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.

They are also symbolism signifing the plan words of the Apostle Paul about the purpose for our salvation.
Ephesians 1:4,5

Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
The Lord Jesus Christ is the climax of God`s work. All the details of the NJ are of Christ. His rulership is there but His seat of power and authority is higher - far above all...in this age and also in that which is to come. (Eph. 1: 21)

The NJ is in a lower realm as it COMES DOWN out of heaven FROM God. (Rev. 21: 2)

Also, Jesus is NOT marrying anyone it is a SYMBOL of Him connecting with (a) Israel on earth, (2) the NJ. And the B/C is with the `bridegroom, ` they are NOT symbolically the `bride.`

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus Christ is the climax of God`s work. All the details of the NJ are of Christ. His rulership is there but His seat of power and authority is higher - far above all...in this age and also in that which is to come. (Eph. 1: 21)

The NJ is in a lower realm as it COMES DOWN out of heaven FROM God. (Rev. 21: 2)

Also, Jesus is NOT marrying anyone it is a SYMBOL of Him connecting with (a) Israel on earth, (2) the NJ. And the B/C is with the `bridegroom, ` they are NOT symbolically the `bride.`
Marlyn C. I want you to know that I have been spending hours for the last two days looking up Messianic promises about Israel. Your study has prompted and challenged me to examine scores of passages in the OT.

Perhaps I will comment on this your latest submission latter.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jewels of the Foundations – Christ the KingPriest.
1685146710557.png

God promised to Israel that `Behold, I will lay your stones with colourful gems, and lay your foundations with sapphires....and all your walls of precious stones.` (Isa. 54: 11 & 12)

`For he (Abraham) waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.` (Heb. 11: 10)

Foundations – Gk. `themelioo,` to lay a foundation, to appoint, ordain.

God has built this city, the New Jerusalem, and has appointed and ordained the Lord Jesus Christ, heaven`s KingPriest, as its Ruler. The High Priests would wear the breastplate with the 12 precious gems representing the 12 tribes of Israel and each name of a tribe had a meaning. Christ is the eternal High Priest and each precious stone reveals something of His character and office in Rulership.

1685146765794.png

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ`s Character and Offices.

Christ the Voice of God.

• Jasper – Naphtali – Conqueror.
  • Sapphire – Simeon – Voice of God.
  • Chalcedony – Zebulon – dwelling.
Christ the conqueror, is the Voice of God dwelling with His people.

Christ the King.
  • Emerald – Reuben – Firstborn, heir.
  • Sardonyx – Asher – Blessing.
  • Sardius – Judah – King, ruler.
Christ the firstborn & heir, is the King giving blessings.

Christ the Priest.
  • Chrysolite – Gad – Righteousness & justice.
  • Beryl – Levi – Priest.
  • Topaz – Issachar –Wisdom.

Christ the High Priest, judges with wisdom, righteousness and justice.

Christ at God`s Right Hand.
  • Chrysoprase – Manassah – forgiveness.
  • Jacinth – Ephraim – doubly fruitful.
  • Amethyst – Benjamin – at the right hand of the Father.

Christ the KingPriest, at the right hand of the Father, gives forgiveness & blessings.

(The Stones. Ex. 28: 17 – 21,

the tribes. Num. 10: 14 – 17,

the meanings. Gen. 29: 32, 30: 1 – 24, 35: 18 Rev. 21: 19 & 20 )

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The details of the New Jerusalem are of Christ, yes. But they are of Christ wrought into His people. For it is Christ imparted into the save which the Triune God ever operates for.
His purpose for the saints in Romans 8:27-29 was already revealed.

Ephesians 1:21 speaks of the great "far above all" exaltation of Christ. And that throughout all the ages to come. He is the Head of His Body. The saved are the Body of the Head. And the following verse says it is "to the church" He transmits this eternal Headship.
And He subjected all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, (v.22). Then in verse 23 we see this organism (not organization), but this living organism,
is filled with Christ who fills all in all. All regenerated believers have thier destiny to enjoy Christ's riches for the expression and activites of the Head.
"He . . . the Head over all things to the church which is His Body the fullness of the One who fills all in all. (v.22b,23)

Be cause the Head transmits "to the church" His Body His life, nature, and expression there is for eternity - "the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations of the age of the ages. Amen" (Eph. 3:21)

In fact the Triune God is able to do superabundantly this above not only all we could ask but even what we could think. "But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power which operates in us." (Eph. 3:20)

Christ "came down" also. But He did not leave God when He came down. He brought God with Him. "I am the living bread which came down out of heaven;" (John 6:51a)

This does not mean Christ came down as if by helecoptor or escalator or parachute or ladder. It means He came down by way of His incarnation. He came from the Father in the way of coming [from with] the Father bringing the One who sent Him along with Him. And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him. (John 8:29)

So Christ is the inacarnation of God in a man, And He came down by way of incarnation that we might "eat" Him - that is to take Him in in order the God may live in us and we in Him.
As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me. (John 6:57)

Christ came down by incarnation. The church and the New Jerusalem come down by way of the Triune God dispensing Himself into man.
No, the marriage of Jesus is the more real marriage towards which all human marriages are a symbol. You have it exactly backwards. The MORE real marriage is that of Christ and the church. All other marriages in the universe point in allegory to THIS marriage.

In fact, Christ is the more real reality of all positive things in creation.
The sun you see is not the real sun, in this sense. Christ is the real sun.
Christ is the real life, the real earth, the real atmosphere, the real brooks and streams.
As for uman marriage, Christ's union with His redeemed people is the more real marriage towards which all other marriages are a pointer.

All other positive things are a shadow of Christ who is the body os the shadow and the more real substance and "body" of positive things. Even the reituals ordained in the OT.

Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of the Sabbath, Which are a shadow of the things to come, but the body is of Christ. (Col. 2:16,17}

You are mistaken to lift Israel higher than the New Jerusalem. For the church walking and living by the Spirit in the new creation, Paul says is "the Israel of God." She is not second class to the theocratic nation. Galatians 6:15,16 -

For neither is circumcision anything nor uncircumcision, but a new creation is what matters.
And as many as walk by this rule, peace be upon them and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

"The Israel of God" includes the Galatian churches IF they would be brought into this new creation and walk by the Spirit. And these were Gentiles. As many (from either Jews or Gentiles) who thus walk, are collectively this Israel of God. And as many as walk by this rule, peace be upon them and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

In the end of the ages the Spirit and the Bride speak TOGETHER. For the Spirit IS the Bridegroom LIVING WITHIN the Bride. So utterly into union and oneness God brings the church with the Spirit that they eventually speak as one.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely. (Rev. 22:17)

The Spirit and the bride means the Bridegroom and the Bride.
The Bridegroom has become the life giving Spirit to indwell His people, fill and saturate His people unto mingling of God and man. It is written "the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45b)

The work of Redemption is soley His. But the Redeemer wroughts His life and nature into His wife, the church / New Jerusalem. The life giving Spirit [Christ the Bridegroom] is dispensed into His counterpart. This is why human beings are forgiven, re-born, sanctified, transformed, built up together in life and love in resurrection and in glorification. This is the eternal purpose of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The significances of the precious stones on the breastplate of the OT high priest are appreciated.
Maryln C exalts Christ in this way. And the exaltation of Christ can never be too much.

But the revelation of the Bible is progressive. Christ is too profound and needs to be revealed progressively in Scripture.

And the precious stones of the New Jerusalem signify the transformed saints.
That is the redeemed who through trial and circumstances have had Christ worked into them making them the corporate expression of Christ.

When you read about the city you may wonder where the people are. The people in the city are depicted as the foundation of the wall of precious stones of twelve kinds. Transformed into Christ's image and built together they are the seperating wall keeping guard over God's interests both now and in the new universe.

The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every precious stone: the first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst
. (Rev. 21:19,20)

For the New Testament teaches that the saints are living stones built up into a spiritual house.
You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.(1 Pet. 2:5)

Again, the proper local church and the church universal are being built up into God's habitation, God's dwelling place in spirit.

Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone; in whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit. (Eph. 2:20-22)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The throne of God and of the Lamb is in the city of New Jerusalem.
He is far above all but His throne of authority is in the city.

And there will no longer be a curse. And the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His slaves will serve Him; And they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. (Rev. 22:3,4)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Tim 2:11 reads , Faithful is the Word , For since we died together with Him , we also live together with Him .
And verse 12 says , If we endue , we will also REIGN TOGETHER if we deny Him , he also will deny us .
Why did Paul use the word DENY ?
Can it be what we preach ?
Preach OT LAW / Preach the NEW COVENANT ?
What did Paul preach ?
What say you ?
“He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” Gal 1:23

For Christ Himself is our peace,...through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, Eph 2:18-20

Reactions: oikonomia
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many, many verses which I count as speaking about the nation of Israel during the millennium. I have been examining them all together for a couple of days during times of study.

HOw some of these are reconciled will books like Hebrews and Galatians showing Christ as the reality of all the offerings I do not understand as well as I would like. I see even in the millennium sacrifices to God as we know Christ has replaced them all.

So I know in part and prophesy in part. But I am pretty sure nothing is higher than the New Jerusalem in her many aspects.
She is a Bride and Wife to Christ.
She is a house and a temple for God.
She is a tabernacle of God among the nations that walk in her light.
New Jerusalem is also a One New Man, a new divinized humanity.
Most important she is a model of what every proper local church must be ( one city / one church ) (See Rev. 1:11)
As the churches are golden lampstands, the New Jerusalem is the ultimate consummate universal lampstand golden mountain city in symbol - the mingling of God and man.

And participants in the New Jerusalem will also have responsibilities in the fulfilling of certian Messianic expectations for Israel.

Scores of enjoyable verses exists on this in the prophets.
How thrilling will be God unvieling His plans during the long period of 1,000 years.
We see now through a glass darkly. But coming the face to face seeing with crystal clear clarity.

Praise the Lord for His economy.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The throne of God and of the Lamb is in the city of New Jerusalem.
He is far above all but His throne of authority is in the city.

And there will no longer be a curse. And the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His slaves will serve Him; And they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. (Rev. 22:3,4)
It is the authority of God and the Lamb not their seat of power which is FAR ABOVE all not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

The NJ comes down OUT of heaven FROM God.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The details of the New Jerusalem are of Christ, yes. But they are of Christ wrought into His people. For it is Christ imparted into the save which the Triune God ever operates for.
His purpose for the saints in Romans 8:27-29 was already revealed.

Ephesians 1:21 speaks of the great "far above all" exaltation of Christ. And that throughout all the ages to come. He is the Head of His Body. The saved are the Body of the Head. And the following verse says it is "to the church" He transmits this eternal Headship.
And He subjected all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, (v.22). Then in verse 23 we see this organism (not organization), but this living organism,
is filled with Christ who fills all in all. All regenerated believers have thier destiny to enjoy Christ's riches for the expression and activites of the Head.
"He . . . the Head over all things to the church which is His Body the fullness of the One who fills all in all. (v.22b,23)

Be cause the Head transmits "to the church" His Body His life, nature, and expression there is for eternity - "the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations of the age of the ages. Amen" (Eph. 3:21)

In fact the Triune God is able to do superabundantly this above not only all we could ask but even what we could think. "But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power which operates in us." (Eph. 3:20)

Christ "came down" also. But He did not leave God when He came down. He brought God with Him. "I am the living bread which came down out of heaven;" (John 6:51a)

This does not mean Christ came down as if by helecoptor or escalator or parachute or ladder. It means He came down by way of His incarnation. He came from the Father in the way of coming [from with] the Father bringing the One who sent Him along with Him. And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him. (John 8:29)

So Christ is the inacarnation of God in a man, And He came down by way of incarnation that we might "eat" Him - that is to take Him in in order the God may live in us and we in Him.
As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me. (John 6:57)

Christ came down by incarnation. The church and the New Jerusalem come down by way of the Triune God dispensing Himself into man.

No, the marriage of Jesus is the more real marriage towards which all human marriages are a symbol. You have it exactly backwards. The MORE real marriage is that of Christ and the church. All other marriages in the universe point in allegory to THIS marriage.

In fact, Christ is the more real reality of all positive things in creation.
The sun you see is not the real sun, in this sense. Christ is the real sun.
Christ is the real life, the real earth, the real atmosphere, the real brooks and streams.
As for uman marriage, Christ's union with His redeemed people is the more real marriage towards which all other marriages are a pointer.

All other positive things are a shadow of Christ who is the body os the shadow and the more real substance and "body" of positive things. Even the reituals ordained in the OT.

Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of the Sabbath, Which are a shadow of the things to come, but the body is of Christ. (Col. 2:16,17}

You are mistaken to lift Israel higher than the New Jerusalem. For the church walking and living by the Spirit in the new creation, Paul says is "the Israel of God." She is not second class to the theocratic nation. Galatians 6:15,16 -

For neither is circumcision anything nor uncircumcision, but a new creation is what matters.
And as many as walk by this rule, peace be upon them and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

"The Israel of God" includes the Galatian churches IF they would be brought into this new creation and walk by the Spirit. And these were Gentiles. As many (from either Jews or Gentiles) who thus walk, are collectively this Israel of God. And as many as walk by this rule, peace be upon them and mercy, even upon the Israel of God.

In the end of the ages the Spirit and the Bride speak TOGETHER. For the Spirit IS the Bridegroom LIVING WITHIN the Bride. So utterly into union and oneness God brings the church with the Spirit that they eventually speak as one.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely. (Rev. 22:17)

The Spirit and the bride means the Bridegroom and the Bride.
The Bridegroom has become the life giving Spirit to indwell His people, fill and saturate His people unto mingling of God and man. It is written "the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45b)

The work of Redemption is soley His. But the Redeemer wroughts His life and nature into His wife, the church / New Jerusalem. The life giving Spirit [Christ the Bridegroom] is dispensed into His counterpart. This is why human beings are forgiven, re-born, sanctified, transformed, built up together in life and love in resurrection and in glorification. This is the eternal purpose of God.
You are making the B/C the center of God`s purposes when it is Christ and His purposes for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations. You are only writing concerning the B/C.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟63,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are making the B/C the center of God`s purposes when it is Christ and His purposes for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the nations. You are only writing concerning the B/C.

Yes, I am emphasizing Christ as the centrality and circumference of the will of God. And that means Christ as the Head and Christ as the Body.

I liked your exposition of Christ as the High Priest with the precious stones.
This High Priest always lives to interecede for us that we be saved to the
UTTERMOST.

But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable.
Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them. (Heb. 7:24,25)

Upvote 0