-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For the sake of clarity, the phrases “this world” and “the world to come” in the KJV are better interpreted “this age” and “the age to come.” The Greek word that is often interpreted “world” in this contrast is aion. But, it is not specifically speaking about the physical globe that we live on. It rather relates to: a vast period that is normally marked by what is said to occur within that period.
All modern Bible translations have "this age" and "the age to come."

Scripture does not contradict itself. There are only 2 ages recognized. When aion is used in a plural sense it actually refers to eternity.
Perfect, I agree. These are basics of Bible interpretation that show we cannot interpret the Bible without guidance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Premillennialists and some Partial Preterists present the reference to future “ages” in Ephesians 2:7 as support for the idea of a future age in-between “this age” and “the age to come.” However, that is certainly not the force of the passage.
Would you please explain in what sense do partial preterists believe in a future age in-between “this age” and “the age to come?” I don't believe in a future age in-between. Should I stop considering myself a "partial preterist?"

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Does Jesus have flesh?
It appears that He has flesh but with unusual properties. Mary went to hug Him, Thomas was asked to touch Him. He asked for food. But at the same time, He entered while doors were closed. Disappeared suddenly. And disciples occasionally couldn't identify Him. His physical body was resurrected. So, He's not a ghost but has flesh.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's like 1 last test. Satan bound and the survivors of the wrath of God, having witnessed firsthand the wrath of God, and the second coming, and the rapture, and now having Jesus Christ as their literal ruler on earth, have every last chance to believe on Christ and be saved, without the influence of Satan, the beast, or the demons, they'll have witnessed where that all leads them. Many will convert, but many won't really convert, and consider the strict rules and punishments for sin under the millennium (rule by a rod of iron..), being administered by seemingly immortal people appointed to rule them that they didn't choose or vote on, to be unfair and unjust and cruel, and want a way out of it, they'll continue to have children and those children will NOT have first hand witnessed the destruction of Daniel's 70th week and the glory of the second coming, so you're going to have multiplying unbelievers, who grow up thinking it's messed up that a woman is stoned to death "just" for having sex before getting married, and thinking the immortal people judging them aren't really appointed by God, but must just be "the elite" who have some technology that lets them live forever. So when Satan is loosed, they'll be ready to listen to him and he'll convince them to rise up and try to overthrow the "elite"
This is a lot of speculation of what children will think. They will be being raised in a time of absolutely no unrighteous influence. So, the thought of anyone having sex before marriage will be very uncommon and very unacceptable. Why would the kids think it was messed up?
These are your opinions however and you have your right to them.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
While there will be no influence of Satan specifically, I am not so sure there will not be evil influence. The mortal heart of man will still be as it is now also in the "sheep" that go into the kingdom at the end of the tribulation period (Matthew 25). How fortunate will be those that have their corrupted bodies replaced by incorruptible bodies (1 Corinthians 15) and go into the kingdom with redeemed bodies and rule along with Yeshua (Revelation 2:26-27), in which the sin nature has been removed from our new bodies.

In the parable of the Sower in Matthew 13, the birds of the passage are associated with the evil ones. There is a consistent pattern in scripture when birds are referenced that they being associated with something not good. It started out in Genesis 15 with the covenant sacrifice that Abram prepared. And many references of birds in a negative sense throughout the prophets.

Later, in the parable of the mustard seed, the birds are seen as nesting in the branches of the tree of the kingdom. If the standard illustration is carried forward from the Sower parable, then it would seem the evil ones are nesting in the kingdom. They are still present and influential.

Later, in the parable of the Leaven, there is a woman hiding leaven in 3 measures of meal. 3 measures of meal has been associated with the fellowship offering since the days of Abraham when the Lord visited Him in Mamre. It was the fellowship offering at the temple.

Leaven throughout scripture is often associated with sin and corruption. I believe it is a symbol of pride. As pride tends to puff up a person and leads to sin, so does leaven "puff up" the dough it is placed in. Yeshua warns to avoid the leaven of the Pharisees. Whenever a woman is associated with corruption, Jezebel comes to mind. She was a real thorn in the side of Israel. Also, Yeshua mentions her in the letters to the churches in Revelation. Again, associated with sin and corruption.

So we seem to have the Jezebel like influence introducing sin into the kingdom in that parable.

And it will all plant the seeds that will grow till when Satan is released, he is able to foment one final rebellion against the Lord which will be put down swiftly. Revelation 21 and Psalms 2.

How it must sadden the Lord that his creation is so determined to rebel against Him even when living in virtual perfection with Him ruling over them with perfect justice and caring, providing for their every need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
On the last day, When Jesus returns this happens. After the resurrection and rapture

“But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.” 2 Peter 3:7 (KJV 1900)

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” 2 Peter 3:10–13 (KJV 1900)
2 peter 3:10-13 sounds like a nuclear war.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 peter 3:10-13 sounds like a nuclear war.

Do you see this verse happening at the end of this age, assuming it is the result of a nuclear war? The reason I ask is because of what Jesus predicted in the Discourse.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let`s look a bit closer at what Peter actually said.

`But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both of which the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.` (2 Peter 3: 10)

The `Day` is a specific day and also a period of time. The period of time starts with the tribulation and continues right through to the end of the millennium, when the earth and the heavens will pass away.

God`s hand of mercy is outstretched in the millennium to all who call on the Lord.
`Then the end shall come,` refers to the end of the Gentiles world rule. Israel will rule the nations under the Lord as God made for them to do. God did not have an oops when He made Israel to rule the nations righteously. They rebelled, as God knew, however under Christ they will rule righteously and justly.

Ok. This day arrives with total destruction. You need to read the text and note the detail. No one can survive it. You are trying to force your beliefs into the inspired text where they do not belong. Peter says “the day of the Lord will arrive (heko) as a thief in the night; in the which (en heé)”:

1. The heavens shall pass away / perish with a great noise.
2. The elements shall be ‘loosed by being set on fire’,
3. The earth shall be ‘burned up utterly / consumed wholly.
4. The works that are within the earth shall be ‘burned up utterly / consumed wholly.

And continues, “seeing then that all these things (that is 1-4) shall be luomenoon or dissolved / burned up utterly / consumed wholly."

It will come unexpectedly - like a thief. Unexpectedly for who??? The scoffers. They are going to get a fiery and eternal wake up. They are all destroyed. This passage agrees totally with the all-consummating character of every other explicit Second Coming passage in Scripture; the day of the Lord sees the immediate destruction of the old heavens, elements and old earth, and the introduction of the “new heavens and a new earth” (2 Peter 3:13).

It is the arrival of this dissolution that sweeps the wicked and their scoffing away forever. There is no second chance here like your paradigm demands. There are no wicked to pollute your millenial earth.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you please explain in what sense do partial preterists believe in a future age in-between “this age” and “the age to come?” I don't believe in a future age in-between. Should I stop considering myself a "partial preterist?"

Many Partial Preterists wrongly equate "this age" with the old covenant and "the new heaven and new earth" with the new covenant. They make our current age a separate and distinct age completely - thus 3 ages. Some more orthodox Partial Preterists agree with Historists and Idealist that it relates to time and eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there will be no influence of Satan specifically, I am not so sure there will not be evil influence. The mortal heart of man will still be as it is now also in the "sheep" that go into the kingdom at the end of the tribulation period (Matthew 25). How fortunate will be those that have their corrupted bodies replaced by incorruptible bodies (1 Corinthians 15) and go into the kingdom with redeemed bodies and rule along with Yeshua (Revelation 2:26-27), in which the sin nature has been removed from our new bodies.

In the parable of the Sower in Matthew 13, the birds of the passage are associated with the evil ones. There is a consistent pattern in scripture when birds are referenced that they being associated with something not good. It started out in Genesis 15 with the covenant sacrifice that Abram prepared. And many references of birds in a negative sense throughout the prophets.

Later, in the parable of the mustard seed, the birds are seen as nesting in the branches of the tree of the kingdom. If the standard illustration is carried forward from the Sower parable, then it would seem the evil ones are nesting in the kingdom. They are still present and influential.

Later, in the parable of the Leaven, there is a woman hiding leaven in 3 measures of meal. 3 measures of meal has been associated with the fellowship offering since the days of Abraham when the Lord visited Him in Mamre. It was the fellowship offering at the temple.

Leaven throughout scripture is often associated with sin and corruption. I believe it is a symbol of pride. As pride tends to puff up a person and leads to sin, so does leaven "puff up" the dough it is placed in. Yeshua warns to avoid the leaven of the Pharisees. Whenever a woman is associated with corruption, Jezebel comes to mind. She was a real thorn in the side of Israel. Also, Yeshua mentions her in the letters to the churches in Revelation. Again, associated with sin and corruption.

So we seem to have the Jezebel like influence introducing sin into the kingdom in that parable.

And it will all plant the seeds that will grow till when Satan is released, he is able to foment one final rebellion against the Lord which will be put down swiftly. Revelation 21 and Psalms 2.

How it must sadden the Lord that his creation is so determined to rebel against Him even when living in virtual perfection with Him ruling over them with perfect justice and caring, providing for their every need.

Why do you constantly not quote who you are responding to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(perhaps) on some cell phones (and old operating systems) Scriptures and quoting functions do not work well, if at all.

Ok. Understand. It might be helpful adding the person's name/handle at the start.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many Partial Preterists wrongly equate "this age" with the old covenant and "the new heaven and new earth" with the new covenant. They make our current age a separate and distinct age completely - thus 3 ages.
This sounds like full preterism. It looks like some full preterits hide under the term partial preterists when questioned.

Some more orthodox Partial Preterists agree with Historists and Idealist that it relates to time and eternity.
Historicism refers specifically to the belief that the papacy is the beast. Idealism includes different historical empires. So, it includes the Roman Empire and includes partial preterism and historicism. I guess I'm idealist under this definition :).

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This sounds like full preterism. It looks like some full preterits hide under the term partial preterists when questioned.

I agree!

Historicism refers specifically to the belief that the papacy is the beast. Idealism includes different historical empires. So, it includes the Roman Empire and includes partial preterism and historicism. I guess I'm idealist under this definition :).

Me too! A lot of the titles are distinguished by their view of the book of the book of Revelation. I personally see 7 recaps in Revelation, all culminated with the climatic come in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I personally see 7 recaps in Revelation, all culminated with the climatic come in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I apply the same 7 recaps in Revelation that you do. It makes a lot of sense. Forgot name of the person who invented this system.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apply the same 7 recaps in Revelation that you do. It makes a lot of sense. Forgot name of the person who invented this system.

I just came to that conclusion through my own studies.

• Friendly
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is a lot of speculation of what children will think. They will be being raised in a time of absolutely no unrighteous influence. So, the thought of anyone having sex before marriage will be very uncommon and very unacceptable. Why would the kids think it was messed up?
These are your opinions however and you have your right to them.
A multitude of people, Gog and Magog are going to rise up and attempt to make war with Christ, so that is unsaved, sinning, unbelieving people. It is speculation but I am thinking along the lines of how do you get from witnessing firsthand the second coming and the wrath of God, to making war against Jesus when you should already know the outcome? It's really the only thing that comes to mind is dissatisfaction with the strictness of his rule, and sin will still exist in the millennium.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” 1 John 3:2 (KJV 1900)
"See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." Luke 24:39

Jesus is in the Kingdom of God. I agree. Scripture says so. Jesus is currently enthroned on David's throne. I agree. Scripture says so.

Does Jesus have flesh?

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It appears that He has flesh but with unusual properties. Mary went to hug Him, Thomas was asked to touch Him. He asked for food. But at the same time, He entered while doors were closed. Disappeared suddenly. And disciples occasionally couldn't identify Him. His physical body was resurrected. So, He's not a ghost but has flesh.
Yes, but the salient point relevant to this conversation is that Jesus has flesh while currently enthroned in his resurrected body in heaven.

Upvote 0