USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 2nd Coming, The return of Christ begins a new era.

Who will populate the earth. and how will this happen.
There is no Millennium. If there were, only glorified saints would be there. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. So Satan would turn some of those against the others in war when loosed.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no Millennium. If there were, only glorified saints would be there. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. So Satan would turn some of those against the others in war when loosed.
Jesus did talk about the kingdom of heaven and this subject is about being saved to inherit it and salvation had come in Jesus day and we see that after the millennium the books are opened and anyone who's name is not written in the Lamb's book of life is thrown into the lake of fire.
The throne of David and millennial kingdom are not the same as the kingdom of heaven. We see in Zech 14 the LORD comes with His saints on a day that Jerusalem is being overrun and the LORD fights that day and slays many and this is the day the LORD is king over all the earth. The Mt of Olives is to split in two creating a new valley and two new rivers that will flow year round. From that point on it says all the nations which are left will now have to keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. This shows clearly life continuing on earth after the 2nd coming. There are hundreds of prophecies about Israel begin regathered in unbelief and then being saved and righteous on earth and indeed in the land promised to Abraham back in Genesis.
The clear before and after picture of the earth is glorious when you see the transition from tribulation to millennium. We are seeing the events clearly described to take place in 7 year tribulation lining up with current events. Those who refused the mark are going to be sifted through like sheep and goats and those who survived will marry and repopulate the earth.

Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did talk about the kingdom of heaven and this subject is about being saved to inherit it and salvation had come in Jesus day and we see that after the millennium the books are opened and anyone who's name is not written in the Lamb's book of life is thrown into the lake of fire.
The throne of David and millennial kingdom are not the same as the kingdom of heaven. We see in Zech 14 the LORD comes with His saints on a day that Jerusalem is being overrun and the LORD fights that day and slays many and this is the day the LORD is king over all the earth. The Mt of Olives is to split in two creating a new valley and two new rivers that will flow year round. From that point on it says all the nations which are left will now have to keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. This shows clearly life continuing on earth after the 2nd coming. There are hundreds of prophecies about Israel begin regathered in unbelief and then being saved and righteous on earth and indeed in the land promised to Abraham back in Genesis.
The clear before and after picture of the earth is glorious when you see the transition from tribulation to millennium. We are seeing the events clearly described to take place in 7 year tribulation lining up with current events. Those who refused the mark are going to be sifted through like sheep and goats and those who survived will marry and repopulate the earth.

The kingdom of God and kingdom of heaven are the same.

“From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17)

“And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The 2nd Coming, The return of Christ begins a new era. Who will populate the earth. and how will this happen.
Welcome to the Christian Forums.

I attempted to answer this question some time ago. Here is the link (see post #57):

The Other Premillennialism

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Good question, rhern! I believe it's quite simple, really. Those who survive the tribulation without taking the mark will go before Jesus to be judged (Matthew 25:31-46). Those who are judged righteous will enter the Kingdom and populate the Earth in their natural bodies (Isaiah 65:20-24). Meanwhile, those who were raptured, along with those who were martyred during the tribulation, will rule and reign with Christ in their eternal bodies (Revelation 20:4).

“From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17)

“And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

Hi, Dave L. The Greek word translated "Kingdom" literally means "King"... the King is of both Kingdoms, so both are true, but not necessarily the same.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Your conclusion is in error. If you look at every prophecy about the coming kingdom there are way to many that cannot fit into your spiritual view or be passed down to the new Jerusalem.

In your view the kingdom came and Jerusalem is destroyed. In Zech 14 the LORD is not king until Jerusalem is falling and the LORD saves them. This is a key chapter and out of the mouth of 2 witnesses it shall be established. This narrative is supported in Dan 7 , 2 Thess 2 Rev 13. You have the kingdom coming in when the exact opposite is happening. The day of vengeance of our God is part of Jesus ministry and in 1saiah 61 Jesus read a portion of the a sentence and said this applied to him and was fulfilled in their hearing. The rest of the chapter is declaring what is accomplished in the day of vengeance of the LORD. Read the passage and think how Zion central the passage is.

To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the LORD,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
8 “For I, the LORD, love justice;
I hate robbery for burnt offering;
I will direct their work in truth,
And will make with them an everlasting covenant.
9 Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles,
And their offspring among the people.
All who see them shall acknowledge them,
That they are the posterity whom the LORD has blessed.”
10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Note they are creating descendants in this passage and life again continues after the day of vengeance.

IN Jer 3 God declares when His throne is established they will inherit the land promised Abraham

14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.
17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.
18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers.

In this passage when the throne is established their conversion is clear and the land given them is clear too.

This is also found in great detail in Eze 47 at the time the new river described in ZEch 14 is now healed the dead sea and it is a prosperous fishing area. This is when the kingdom has come. and this is a thus sayeth the LORD prophecy.

13 Thus says the Lord GOD: “These are the borders by which you shall divide the land as an inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions. 14 You shall inherit it equally with one another; for I raised My hand in an oath to give it to your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance.
15 “This shall be the border of the land on the north: from the Great Sea, by the road to Hethlon, as one goes to Zedad, 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim (which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath), to Hazar Hatticon (which is on the border of Hauran). 17 Thus the boundary shall be from the Sea to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus; and as for the north, northward, it is the border of Hamath. This is the north side.

I only posted a portion but this is the inheritance of the land as promised in Jer 3 being literally dished out and note the boundaries include the sea. No sea in the new creation. I can link another 50-150 clear literal passages that speak of the before and after these days and they do not contradict one another. You can spiritualize them if you like but the preponderance of the evidence is the literal view is coming and going to come to pass.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some of us are amillennial and believe this 1000 year time period began after Jesus Christ of Nazareth ascended. We who are in the Body of Christ reign with Him now and that His second coming will be on the last day when all will be resurrected some to everlasting life and some to everlasting condemnation. There is no marriage and no given into marriage thus no populating.
Blessings

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Kingdom of God is the same as the Kingdom of heaven

Dispensationalists attempt to differentiate between the biblical terms “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God.” They argue that these kingdoms differ in their character, focus and realisation. However, an elementary comparison between the two in the New Testament will show that “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God” are just similar expressions to describe the one same Kingdom.

The term “the kingdom of God” refers to the One from whom it originates, whereas, the term “the kingdom of heaven” describes the place where it is centred. Notwithstanding, they both unequivocally allude to the one glorious eternal kingdom and Almighty God who sovereignly reigns from heaven. The evidence to back up such a supposition is absolute, and can be supported by a wealth of proof in the Gospels. These terms being frequently used and interchanged in (1) the same reference, (2) similar references, and (3) identical references, to describe this Divine spiritual Kingdom.

1. The same passage

Matthew records Christ using both terms in the one passage when describing His Kingdom: “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God” (19:23-24).

These two terms are here used in the same context to describe the same kingly realm. The subject of this reading is the difficulty that the rich have in entering the kingdom of heaven (the kingdom of God). Anyone trying to base a theology on the difference between the two synonymous terms is strongly rebutted by this clear reading.

2. Similar passages

Alluding to the simplicity of the faith, Christ made similar statements, whilst in different circumstances, to explain the same eternal kingdom. Once again, He interchanges the terms ‘the kingdom of God’ and ‘the kingdom of heaven’ to describe His everlasting spiritual Kingdom.

(a) In Matthew 18:1-4, Christ is seen rebuking the disciples who were foolishly debating who were the greatest among them. In verse 2, and in response to their dispute, we see Christ calling “a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them.”

The Master then said, “Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

In a similar passage in Mark 10:15, Christ refers to the kingdom whilst once again rebuking the disciples, only this time it was for trying to stop the little children coming unto Himself. Only, in this encounter, He employs the matching term ‘the kingdom of God’, saying, “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.”

The circumstances may have been slightly different yet the message was still the same. Nowhere in Christ teaching is there the slightest licence to make any distinction between these terms. Again we find the kingdom of God to be synonymous with the kingdom of heaven!

(b) Christ, teaching on the parable of the sower declares, in Matthew 13:24-26, 30, “The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.” Christ concluded, “Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”

In a similar, yet distinct passage, in Mark 4:25-29, Christ taught the disciples of the natural law of the harvest, saying, “he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.”

3. Parallel passages

This teaching is completely exposed by analysing, and comparing, the apostles record of the very same teaching on the very same occasion. There, the apostles testimony of the corresponding instances and same utterances of the Saviour are interchanged between the term “the kingdom of heaven” and the term “the kingdom of God.” Thus, clearly showing that the two terms are synonymous.

The following are some examples.

Example A

We see in different places that the kingdom is said to be “at hand.”

Matthew 4:12, 17 records, “Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee…From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mark 1:14-15 records, “Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand.”

Again, the terms ‘kingdom of God’ and ‘kingdom of heaven’ are interchanged in these passages while describing the one spiritual kingdom.

Example B

Jesus said, in Matthew 11:12, “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven ‘suffereth violence’ (or biazo), and the violent take it by force.”

Jesus said, in Luke 16:16, “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man ‘presseth’ (or biazetai – or suffereth violence) into it.”

Example C

Matthew 10:5-14 records the disciples commission, “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them…as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.”

Luke 9:1-6 records, “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.”

Example D

After expounding the parable of the sower, the twelve disciples asked Christ why He explained His teaching in parables. Matthew and Mark then record the Lord’s response.

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:11, “it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.”

Jesus said, in Mark 4:11, “Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God.”

Example E

Matthew’s account of the beatitudes in 5:3-6, records Jesus saying, “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”

Luke’s account of Christ’s sermon, in Luke 6:20-21, records, “Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.”

Example F

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:31, “the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field.”

Jesus said, in Mark 4:30-31, “Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth.”

Example G

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:33, the kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.”

Jesus said, in Luke 13:20-21, “Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.”

Example H

Whilst we have previously quoted similar incidents where Christ advanced the same teaching on the subject of children and the kingdom (proving how the two terms are interchangeable), the following quotes are made of the same occasion.

Jesus said in Matthew 19:14, “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Jesus said in Mark 10:14, “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”

Example I

Speaking of the future consummation of the Kingdom, Jesus said, in Matthew 8:11, “And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke’s account, in chapter 13:28-29, records, “ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.”

CONCLUSION

It is plain to see from comparing these parallel accounts in the gospels that “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God” are the same. In these phrases, the word heaven is a metonym for God. A metonymy is a figure of speech in which one word or phrase is substituted for another with which it is closely associated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

As you can probably tell by just the answers you've gotten so far - Christians are all over the place in their beliefs pertaining to the answer to this question. "The return of Christ" or "Coming of Christ" are loaded phrases. You may wish to start by looking in a broader view at the different frameworks and learning more about the context of the biblical New Testament era. The main schools of thought are either the futurist or the preterist views. IOW.....do you believe that Christ is "reigning and on the Throne" now.....or is that still in the future? What do you see in Scripture about the NATURE of His kingship? It seems to me that's a good place to start. Personally - I believe His first advent......where He died on the Cross, Resurrected, and ascended to heaven was the beginning of that "new era" you're referring to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Kingdom of God is the same as the Kingdom of heaven

Dispensationalists attempt to differentiate between the biblical terms “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God.” They argue that these kingdoms differ in their character, focus and realisation. However, an elementary comparison between the two in the New Testament will show that “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God” are just similar expressions to describe the one same Kingdom.

The term “the kingdom of God” refers to the One from whom it originates, whereas, the term “the kingdom of heaven” describes the place where it is centred. Notwithstanding, they both unequivocally allude to the one glorious eternal kingdom and Almighty God who sovereignly reigns from heaven. The evidence to back up such a supposition is absolute, and can be supported by a wealth of proof in the Gospels. These terms being frequently used and interchanged in (1) the same reference, (2) similar references, and (3) identical references, to describe this Divine spiritual Kingdom.

1. The same passage

Matthew records Christ using both terms in the one passage when describing His Kingdom: “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God” (19:23-24).

These two terms are here used in the same context to describe the same kingly realm. The subject of this reading is the difficulty that the rich have in entering the kingdom of heaven (the kingdom of God). Anyone trying to base a theology on the difference between the two synonymous terms is strongly rebutted by this clear reading.

2. Similar passages

Alluding to the simplicity of the faith, Christ made similar statements, whilst in different circumstances, to explain the same eternal kingdom. Once again, He interchanges the terms ‘the kingdom of God’ and ‘the kingdom of heaven’ to describe His everlasting spiritual Kingdom.

(a) In Matthew 18:1-4, Christ is seen rebuking the disciples who were foolishly debating who were the greatest among them. In verse 2, and in response to their dispute, we see Christ calling “a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them.”

The Master then said, “Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

In a similar passage in Mark 10:15, Christ refers to the kingdom whilst once again rebuking the disciples, only this time it was for trying to stop the little children coming unto Himself. Only, in this encounter, He employs the matching term ‘the kingdom of God’, saying, “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.”

The circumstances may have been slightly different yet the message was still the same. Nowhere in Christ teaching is there the slightest licence to make any distinction between these terms. Again we find the kingdom of God to be synonymous with the kingdom of heaven!

(b) Christ, teaching on the parable of the sower declares, in Matthew 13:24-26, 30, “The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.” Christ concluded, “Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”

In a similar, yet distinct passage, in Mark 4:25-29, Christ taught the disciples of the natural law of the harvest, saying, “he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.”

3. Parallel passages

This teaching is completely exposed by analysing, and comparing, the apostles record of the very same teaching on the very same occasion. There, the apostles testimony of the corresponding instances and same utterances of the Saviour are interchanged between the term “the kingdom of heaven” and the term “the kingdom of God.” Thus, clearly showing that the two terms are synonymous.

The following are some examples.

Example A

We see in different places that the kingdom is said to be “at hand.”

Matthew 4:12, 17 records, “Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee…From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mark 1:14-15 records, “Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand.”

Again, the terms ‘kingdom of God’ and ‘kingdom of heaven’ are interchanged in these passages while describing the one spiritual kingdom.

Example B

Jesus said, in Matthew 11:12, “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven ‘suffereth violence’ (or biazo), and the violent take it by force.”

Jesus said, in Luke 16:16, “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man ‘presseth’ (or biazetai – or suffereth violence) into it.”

Example C

Matthew 10:5-14 records the disciples commission, “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them…as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.”

Luke 9:1-6 records, “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.”

Example D

After expounding the parable of the sower, the twelve disciples asked Christ why He explained His teaching in parables. Matthew and Mark then record the Lord’s response.

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:11, “it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.”

Jesus said, in Mark 4:11, “Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God.”

Example E

Matthew’s account of the beatitudes in 5:3-6, records Jesus saying, “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”

Luke’s account of Christ’s sermon, in Luke 6:20-21, records, “Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.”

Example F

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:31, “the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field.”

Jesus said, in Mark 4:30-31, “Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth.”

Example G

Jesus said, in Matthew 13:33, the kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.”

Jesus said, in Luke 13:20-21, “Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.”

Example H

Whilst we have previously quoted similar incidents where Christ advanced the same teaching on the subject of children and the kingdom (proving how the two terms are interchangeable), the following quotes are made of the same occasion.

Jesus said in Matthew 19:14, “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Jesus said in Mark 10:14, “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”

Example I

Speaking of the future consummation of the Kingdom, Jesus said, in Matthew 8:11, “And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke’s account, in chapter 13:28-29, records, “ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.”

CONCLUSION

It is plain to see from comparing these parallel accounts in the gospels that “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God” are the same. In these phrases, the word heaven is a metonym for God. A metonymy is a figure of speech in which one word or phrase is substituted for another with which it is closely associated.
nice cut and paste how about answering with your own ideas I have shown in detail specific passages that contradict your primary assumption. If you made say a green letter Bible and took all the future passages that you have to dismiss to hold your view and saw the sum of them it is significant. If you lined them up and saw the relationships between them a future fulfillment is congruent between all relevant passages. One of the key elements of futurist is Israel and the coming temple. This is necessary for the abomination of desolation and the man of the sin to be revealed in. This specific event once not conceivable that Israel would be a nation and much less have a 3rd temple is now very much a live possibility. The Temple Institute has replicated everything necessary for this reality and even has trained priests ready to serve in it. The world is as the days of Noah and a global government is the aspiration of many and has already built its infrastructure. This is huge evidence that the future view will play out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your conclusion is in error. If you look at every prophecy about the coming kingdom there are way to many that cannot fit into your spiritual view or be passed down to the new Jerusalem.

In your view the kingdom came and Jerusalem is destroyed. In Zech 14 the LORD is not king until Jerusalem is falling and the LORD saves them. This is a key chapter and out of the mouth of 2 witnesses it shall be established. This narrative is supported in Dan 7 , 2 Thess 2 Rev 13. You have the kingdom coming in when the exact opposite is happening. The day of vengeance of our God is part of Jesus ministry and in 1saiah 61 Jesus read a portion of the a sentence and said this applied to him and was fulfilled in their hearing. The rest of the chapter is declaring what is accomplished in the day of vengeance of the LORD. Read the passage and think how Zion central the passage is.

To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the LORD,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
8 “For I, the LORD, love justice;
I hate robbery for burnt offering;
I will direct their work in truth,
And will make with them an everlasting covenant.
9 Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles,
And their offspring among the people.
All who see them shall acknowledge them,
That they are the posterity whom the LORD has blessed.”
10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Note they are creating descendants in this passage and life again continues after the day of vengeance.

IN Jer 3 God declares when His throne is established they will inherit the land promised Abraham

14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.
17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.
18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers.

In this passage when the throne is established their conversion is clear and the land given them is clear too.

This is also found in great detail in Eze 47 at the time the new river described in ZEch 14 is now healed the dead sea and it is a prosperous fishing area. This is when the kingdom has come. and this is a thus sayeth the LORD prophecy.

13 Thus says the Lord GOD: “These are the borders by which you shall divide the land as an inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions. 14 You shall inherit it equally with one another; for I raised My hand in an oath to give it to your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance.
15 “This shall be the border of the land on the north: from the Great Sea, by the road to Hethlon, as one goes to Zedad, 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim (which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath), to Hazar Hatticon (which is on the border of Hauran). 17 Thus the boundary shall be from the Sea to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus; and as for the north, northward, it is the border of Hamath. This is the north side.

I only posted a portion but this is the inheritance of the land as promised in Jer 3 being literally dished out and note the boundaries include the sea. No sea in the new creation. I can link another 50-150 clear literal passages that speak of the before and after these days and they do not contradict one another. You can spiritualize them if you like but the preponderance of the evidence is the literal view is coming and going to come to pass.
Jesus taught a spiritual kingdom only. You need to adjust OT prophecy to this. The prophets spoke using material entities as symbols. Abraham saw Canaan as a symbol for heaven. Elijah was a symbol for John the Baptist, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good question, rhern! I believe it's quite simple, really. Those who survive the tribulation without taking the mark will go before Jesus to be judged (Matthew 25:31-46). Those who are judged righteous will enter the Kingdom and populate the Earth in their natural bodies (Isaiah 65:20-24). Meanwhile, those who were raptured, along with those who were martyred during the tribulation, will rule and reign with Christ in their eternal bodies (Revelation 20:4).

Hi, Dave L. The Greek word translated "Kingdom" literally means "King"... the King is of both Kingdoms, so both are true, but not necessarily the same.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus taught a spiritual kingdom only. You need to adjust OT prophecy to this. The prophets spoke using material entities as symbols. Abraham saw Canaan as a symbol for heaven. Elijah was a symbol for John the Baptist, etc.
Exactly.

Support of the belief that the nature of His kingdom is spiritual is in John 6:15 (one example) - when the Jews of Jesus' day wanted to make Him their king of a natural kingdom (contrary to the belief that they rejected Him - instead, ISTM, it was He that rejected their form of kingship they desired).

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Kingdom of God is the same as the Kingdom of heaven. Dispensationalists attempt to differentiate between the biblical terms “the kingdom of heaven” and “the kingdom of God.”
Of course, they're the same. I never knew that dispensationalists distinguished between them. They can be ridiculous :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, I can read and understand the passages, which I made a reply to that you did not address.

SovereignGrace made a similar point with far more examples, and it did make me think, for which I am thankful.

Not conceding the point yet, but let's assume you are right for a moment. That doesn't erase the prophecies Brian posted...

It is quite possible that the Kingdom comes in two phases, the Millennium and then the eternal state... one Kingdom in two phases.

I would be interested in reading your understanding of the prophecies Brian quoted.

God bless;
Michael

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, they're the same. I never new that dispensationalists distinguished between them. They can be ridiculous :).

Exactly. It is emblematic of the overall doctrine. It must be taught to you.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nice cut and paste how about answering with your own ideas I have shown in detail specific passages that contradict your primary assumption. If you made say a green letter Bible and took all the future passages that you have to dismiss to hold your view and saw the sum of them it is significant. If you lined them up and saw the relationships between them a future fulfillment is congruent between all relevant passages. One of the key elements of futurist is Israel and the coming temple. This is necessary for the abomination of desolation and the man of the sin to be revealed in. This specific event once not conceivable that Israel would be a nation and much less have a 3rd temple is now very much a live possibility. The Temple Institute has replicated everything necessary for this reality and even has trained priests ready to serve in it. The world is as the days of Noah and a global government is the aspiration of many and has already built its infrastructure. This is huge evidence that the future view will play out.

This does not address my post. You are just repeating what you have been taught. But, as I have shown, that conflicts with clear and explicit Scripture.

BTW, I will keep posting this research I wrote until you address it. It forbids Dispensationalism.

Upvote 0