masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Who will NOT enter the kingdom of heaven?

Here is unmistakable proof that doing certain things will leave us out of the kingdom of God. I have heard many, who say they are Christians, tell me that they do some of these things but it is okay because they are somehow, miraculously immune to sin, or they say that their sins do not apply to them because they are born again. This is the most dangerous teaching I have ever heard. Personally I have attended church in every mainstream denomination, and some denominations scare me on how far they take this issue.

Years ago I was talking to my brother in law about Jesus. For me I never get tired of sharing Jesus. I want to talk about Him 24/7, but I cannot find anybody, in the past 30 years who feels the same way. Anyway, while I was talking to him he was doing all he can to avoid the conversation but wanted to be polite because we very seldom visited each other. At the end of the conversation he said that he spends 2 hours with God every week and that is all God requires from him, that is all he wants to spend with God. I asked him, what do you think heaven will be like? In the presence of pure righteousness, with no beer, no sin, nothing unhealthy, and everybody is righteous, without sin ever again. Would a person who does the things, I listed from Paul's writings, even want to be in heaven?

1Corinthians:6:9&10: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Galatians:5:19: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans:1:22-32: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

For anybody to continue in these things and still believe they are saved needs to be made a subject for much prayer, and even fasting that the Lord reveal the truth about confession, forgiveness and even righteousness.

Some have even told me that they can be separated from God, which sin does, and still be "saved". Isaiah:59:2: "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Maybe some believe that iniquities and sins are different, but with all the studying I have done I have found that iniquities are far less of an offence, so if iniquities separate us from God what do sins do? David tells us in Psalms:66:18: "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:" So how can we profess to follow Jesus and live the worldly life that these attributes cause? The subject of salvation needs to be the foremost study for all who follow Jesus.

The "peace and safety" gospel emanating from all pulpits in all denominations is causing this great lack of knowledge on this most important subject. I call it the lovey dovey peace and safety gospel. There are two sides of love! Jesus said in Revelation:3:19: "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Do we hear any rebuke coming from any pulpits today? Are those who know their spiritual gifts blowing the trumpet in Zion? Or are we following this horrible principle that is enforced by the lovey dovey preachers? Isaiah:56:10: "His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber." The Laodicean condition is very fitting for the church today. The church MUST wake up. I am not referring to any denomination. I am referring to Christians in all denominations which make up Gods true church in the end. We do not want to be "spewed out of the mouth of God" do we? Revelation:3:14-22: "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Who will NOT enter the kingdom of heaven?

Here is unmistakable proof that doing certain things will leave us out of the kingdom of God. I have heard many, who say they are Christians, tell me that they do some of these things but it is okay because they are somehow, miraculously immune to sin, or they say that their sins do not apply to them because they are born again. This is the most dangerous teaching I have ever heard. Personally I have attended church in every mainstream denomination, and some denominations scare me on how far they take this issue.

Years ago I was talking to my brother in law about Jesus. For me I never get tired of sharing Jesus. I want to talk about Him 24/7, but I cannot find anybody, in the past 30 years who feels the same way. Anyway, while I was talking to him he was doing all he can to avoid the conversation but wanted to be polite because we very seldom visited each other. At the end of the conversation he said that he spends 2 hours with God every week and that is all God requires from him, that is all he wants to spend with God. I asked him, what do you think heaven will be like? In the presence of pure righteousness, with no beer, no sin, nothing unhealthy, and everybody is righteous, without sin ever again. Would a person who does the things, I listed from Paul's writings, even want to be in heaven?

1Corinthians:6:9&10: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Galatians:5:19: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Romans:1:22-32: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

For anybody to continue in these things and still believe they are saved needs to be made a subject for much prayer, and even fasting that the Lord reveal the truth about confession, forgiveness and even righteousness.

Some have even told me that they can be separated from God, which sin does, and still be "saved". Isaiah:59:2: "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Maybe some believe that iniquities and sins are different, but with all the studying I have done I have found that iniquities are far less of an offence, so if iniquities separate us from God what do sins do? David tells us in Psalms:66:18: "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:" So how can we profess to follow Jesus and live the worldly life that these attributes cause? The subject of salvation needs to be the foremost study for all who follow Jesus.

The "peace and safety" gospel emanating from all pulpits in all denominations is causing this great lack of knowledge on this most important subject. I call it the lovey dovey peace and safety gospel. There are two sides of love! Jesus said in Revelation:3:19: "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Do we hear any rebuke coming from any pulpits today? Are those who know their spiritual gifts blowing the trumpet in Zion? Or are we following this horrible principle that is enforced by the lovey dovey preachers? Isaiah:56:10: "His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber." The Laodicean condition is very fitting for the church today. The church MUST wake up. I am not referring to any denomination. I am referring to Christians in all denominations which make up Gods true church in the end. We do not want to be "spewed out of the mouth of God" do we? Revelation:3:14-22: "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Jesus came with the message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand, so there is no such thing as being in the Kingdom of God without repenting from what God has revealed to be sin. The Mosaic Law was given to make us conscious of sin (Romans 3:20), without the Law we wouldn't even know what sin is (Romans 7:7), and sin is defined as Lawlessness (1 John 3:4), so the Law is how the Israelites knew what sin is and what they should repent of doing, and the same goes for us. In Titus 2:11-14, it says that our salvation involves being trained by grace to do what God has revealed to be godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what He has revealed to be ungodly and sinful, which is essentially what the Law was given to instruct how to do. So God's grace is what empowers us to live Kingdom lives in obedience to Him.

• Agree
Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 7:21 not doing the will of the Father will keep one out of the kingdom.

I use to overlook verses like these, but when the Comforter revealed to me that He is the One who reveals truth it is hard to ignore the more pointed truths that straighten out our path. Christians were never promised an easy broad road to heaven, but in Christ all things are possible, and His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Paul says that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God he is talking about unbelievers. Believers have the righteousness of Christ Imputed to them. Keep reading on to verse 11 also: 1 Cor 6:11 And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the spirit of our God.

The group in Mathew chapter 7 are trying to be justified by their works. They didn't come and say that they were relying on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as payment for their sins they were relying on their works and were told depart from me I never knew you.

Ma 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What is the will of the Father?
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again the last day. 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that everyone which seeth the Son, and believieth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 11:6 says that works and grace are mutually exclusive, you can't mix them. We are saved by grace not works - Eph 2:8,9 Ro 4:5, Titus 3:5, Etc. Anyone attempting to get into heaven based on how they live is going to be told: depart from me I never knew you as shown in Ma 7.

Paul tells us in Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth

1 Cor 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached on to you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached on to you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When Paul says that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God he is talking about unbelievers. Believers have the righteousness of Christ Imputed to them. Keep reading on to verse 11 also: 1 Cor 6:11 And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the spirit of our God.

The group in Mathew chapter 7 are trying to be justified by their works. They didn't come and say that they were relying on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as payment for their sins they were relying on their works and were told depart from me I never knew you.

Ma 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

It is is true that believers have righteousness of Christ imputed to them, but it is not imputed to us so that we will hide it under a bushel, but so that we will let it shine to the world. Furthermore, a believer is someone who has the faith of our father Abraham who trusts God about how he should live above everything else that this world tells us and who is quick to obey His commands by faith. God said that what He commanded was for His people's own good (Deuteronomy 6:24, Deuteronomy 10:13), so the people who have faith in Him about how to live demonstrate their faith though living in obedience to His Law. The people in Matthew 7:21 were outwardly doing good works that the Law requires, but they remained Lawless because they were not inwardly acting in faith, and as Jesus said, faith is one of the weightier aspect of the Law (Matthew 23:23).

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again the last day. 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that everyone which seeth the Son, and believieth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 11:6 says that works and grace are mutually exclusive, you can't mix them. We are saved by grace not works - Eph 2:8,9 Ro 4:5, Titus 3:5, Etc. Anyone attempting to get into heaven based on how they live is going to be told: depart from me I never knew you as shown in Ma 7.

It is completely false that good works are grace are mutually exclusive. According to John 1:16-17, grace was added upon grace, so the grace of Christ was added upon the grace of the Law. According to Romans 1:5, we have received grace to bring about the obedience that faith requires. According to Titus 2:11-14, our salvation involves God's grace training us to do what He has revealed to be godly, righteous, and good and to renounce doing what He has revealed to be ungodly and sinful, which is essentially what the Law was given to instruct us how to do (Romans 7:12, Romans 7:7). According to Ephesians 2:8-10, we are saved by grace through faith, not by doing what God has revealed to be good works, but for the purpose of doing them. According to Jude 1:4, ungodly people pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality. According to Strong's, "grace" is defined as "the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life" and when God's will is reflected in our lives it takes the form of obedience to His commands. According to the blessing before the Shema, "With an abundant love have you loved us, God. For the sake of our ancestors whom You taught the laws for living, may You also be gracious to us and teach us, too."

God has always been a God of grace in both the OT (Exodus 34:6-7) and the NT, so His law is not opposed to His grace, as if a house divided against itself could stand, but rather His grace is what trains us to obey His Law and what empowers us to live righteous lives like Christ through faith. We are not to live righteously in order to be declared righteous, but because we have been declared to be righteous. It is has always been a fundamental misunderstanding that doing good works is about trying to get into heaven rather than what we are to do because we have faith in God about how we should live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christians were never promised an easy broad road to heaven, but in Christ all things are possible, and His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter in at the strait gate:...."

Strive agōnizomai - to endeavour with strenuous zeal, strive: to obtain something...to contend, struggle, with difficulties and dangers.

"Faith only" is the opposite of striving and doing the will of the Father.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Paul tells us in Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth

1 Cor 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached on to you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached on to you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Mt 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Obviously something must be DONE, a work, to enter the kingdom of heaven. Those people Jesus spoke about were doing works but the wrong works and were not doing the works God has given.

You post "Believers have the righteousness of Christ Imputed to them."

What do you mean by the word "imputed"? It does not mean Christ's righteousness is transferred to the sinner while the sinner does nothing. The bible teaches that when the sinner obeys by submitting to the Fathers will to being baptized, then the sinner is baptized into Christ. Being then IN CHRIST a person is covered by Christ's perfect righteousness therefore seen as righteous by God. No one will be seen by God as righteous outside of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who will NOT enter the kingdom of heaven? Here is unmistakable proof that doing certain things will leave us out of the kingdom of God.

Your actions don't get you in. Your actions don't keep you out. The rest of scripture does mention some of the characteristics seen with people who trust in themselves for salvation. Moses killed a man and hid the body.
But only God makes the judgment of the company He will be keeping. No person does that.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your actions don't get you in. Your actions don't keep you out. The rest of scripture does mention some of the characteristics seen with people who trust in themselves for salvation. Moses killed a man and hid the body.
But only God makes the judgment of the company He will be keeping. No person does that.

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,
21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is quite baffling that people don't read, or don't understand what is said.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,
21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is quite baffling that people don't read, or don't understand what is said.

But we all do those things, as explained elsewhere.
58 Bible verses about Sinners
In context, we understand, as I said, that such actions are to be identified
in our own lives and we are to call on God for help with these problems
that we will always have in our lives. Paul being the chief of all sinners
who wrote your quoted passage.

Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But we all do those things, as explained elsewhere.
58 Bible verses about Sinners
In context, we understand, as I said, that such actions are to be identified
in our own lives and we are to call on God for help with these problems
that we will always have in our lives. Paul being the chief of all sinners
who wrote your quoted passage.

Perhaps you missed the word 'practiced', that is, habitual, continual, and being a servant to the works of the flesh. One can choose to be a 'chief of sinners', or choose to be a saint. What is your choice?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you missed the word 'practiced', that is, habitual, continual, and being a servant to the works of the flesh. One can choose to be a 'chief of sinners', or choose to be a saint. What is your choice?

Most follow Paul, the chief of sinners.
and you are correct, continual sin is
evidence of not being saved.

But Paul teaches us that our actions
are not an issue by admitting he has
issues with acting in sin yet considers
himself to be saved.

And you brought up another of Paul's
mistakes in identifying certain sins as bad.
I'm adding that to my list of things Jesus
would never have said Himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Are you saying that just because someone says they are Christian they can do all these things that Paul condemns and still think they will be in heaven? Do you believe that you are righteous, or must be righteous in order to be "saved"?

Exactly! We are told that we must do things in order to inherit the kingdom of heaven. We are also told that if we do some things we will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Can you tell me who will receive the Holy Spirit? I know that God is more then willing to give Him to those who ask, but what are the requirements for receiving Him?

So what you are saying here, and what I here most of "Christianity" saying is that all we have to do is say a few words and we can sin all we want to and not even pay attention to these verses that tells us that if we do these things we will not inherit the kingdom? The whole bible is about action. Just "calling on the Name of the Lord" will NOT save anybody no matter what Paul said. David says this in Psalms:145:18: "The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth." We can say all we want to but a mere profession is useless without the action that the bible is full of. There are very few verses that tell us to say some words and we are saved. The rest of the bible fill in the gaps with action. Colossians:2:6: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:"

The context of Ephesians needs to be studied out and understood by all. Ephesian 2:8-10 are the most important verses in the whole bible. What most people do is read this one time and rely completely on their pastor for the definition. They tend to omit verse 10 from the context. The context of this is "lest any man should boast". We cannot separate works from salvation because of a couple verses which Paul wrote to heathens who were very works oriented. The churches in Asia were pagans, and Paul had to write the way he did to them to help them see how easy it is to accept Jesus, but this does not remove our obligation to obey God and do what the rest of the bible tells us to do through the power of the cross, which is the symbol of God's grace. Do you know why we have been given grace? We have been given grace for obedience! Romans 1:5

Just what does it mean to "believe"? What I have witnessed throughout my Christian walk are professors who confess with their mouth and believe with their mouth, not their heart! What it means to "believe with our hearts" is to have the faith of a mustard seed which KNOWS that when we ask God to forgive our sins He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Most do not believe that. It also means that when we are tempted we have the power of grace to overcome every temptation, and can live without sinning today. Belief and faith a far more substantial then what we are taught in church. Church is good for fellowship and even a spiritual boost, but we are to prove all things by scripture.

Exactly! Much of what Paul writes in conditional. The things that are not obviously conditional need to be prayed about. I will never say that we are saved by works, but we are judged by them, we will be lost without them. Our works only count when we give ALL the glory to God and boast not! We can only have victory through the cross of Christ, and we MUST have victory every minute of every day. Our life is a life of vigilance, NOT apathy.

God bless your studies

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter in at the strait gate:...."

Strive agōnizomai - to endeavour with strenuous zeal, strive: to obtain something...to contend, struggle, with difficulties and dangers.

"Faith only" is the opposite of striving and doing the will of the Father.

I agree. What I hear is "believe only". If if was a profession of faith only people hopefully would understand what faith really is. But the word "believe" is so moderated to mean something far less that faith.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most follow Paul, the chief of sinners.
and you are correct, continual sin is
evidence of not being saved.

Do you know what Paul actually said? He said those who practice (continue in) the things listed, will not inherit the kingdom of God. He did not differentiate between saved and not saved. This is your assumption.

But Paul teaches us that our actions
are not an issue by admitting he has
issues with acting in sin yet considers
himself to be saved.

Our actions are not an issue? Is this what you have learned from Paul?

And you brought up another of Paul's
mistakes in identifying certain sins as bad.
I'm adding that to my list of things Jesus
would never have said Himself.

I have no idea where you are going here? Jesus said this in Mark 7 -

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Perceive ye not, that whatsoever from without goeth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 because it goeth not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught? This he said, making all meats clean.
20 And he said, That which proceedeth out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, evil thoughts proceed, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,
22 covetings, wickednesses, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, railing, pride, foolishness:
23 all these evil things proceed from within, and defile the man.

I'm afraid Jesus did call certain sins as 'bad'. The things Jesus listed defile (make profane, pollute, render unhallow) a man.

Don't be without understanding. Jesus said that which proceeds out of the man is what defiles him.

Upvote 0