Who/what are the four horsemen of the apocalypse?

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟61,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He sounds pretty good but then he goes off the rails in quite a few places. He think the United States is the Eagle, which is nonsense. He has some rather strange ideas that a lay person could get hoodwinked on.

Irvin thinks it is the USA because are symbol is the eagle (Daniel 7:4) but, GOD also says He is the eagle so it could be GOD keeping Israel safe in Revelation 12:14.

GOD calls Himself the eagle in Isaiah 40:31, Exodus 19:4, Deuteronomy 32:10-12.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The four horsemen of the apocalypse are described in Revelation chapter 6, verses 1-8. The four horsemen are symbolic descriptions of different events which will take place in the fulfillment of the 70th and final "Week" of God's decree upon the destiny of Israel, in Dan.9:27. Also known as the seven year Tribulation, Jacob's Trouble of Jer.30:7 and the Day of the Lord. Referred to by Jesus in His Olivet Discourse in Mt.24; Mk.13 and in Lk.21.

The first horseman of the apocalypse is mentioned in Revelation 6:2, "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." This first horseman refers to the antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of Jesus Christ, who will return on a white horse in His second coming to the earth (Revelation 19:11-16).The second horseman of the apocalypse is referred to in Revelation 6:4, "Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword." The second horseman refers to terrible warfare that will break out in the end times.
This of course is mostly correct, however I do think many get the Anti-Christ wrong. They think he is an overtly religious type of savior. The White Horse has always stood for Conqueror. I think this Beast/Man of Sin is a Gentile Geo-political leader and thus he seeks to take the place of God/Jesus as our King of kings so to speak or Government leader. The False Prophets job is to force us to serve this man as God, thus he is a "Religious Beast" so to speak. But I don't think he ever pretends to be Christ Jesus. That would steal ids own glory. So the First Horse is:

1. The White Horse = The Conqueror

2. The Red Horse = The Peace is taken from the earth, meaning he came to power via peace and now takes it away.

The third horseman is described in Revelation 6:5-6, “...and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, ‘A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!’” The third horseman of the apocalypse refers to a great famine that will take place, as a result of the wars from the second horseman. Food will be scarce, but wine and oil will still be readily available.

The fourth horseman is mentioned in Revelation 6:8, "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth." The fourth horseman of the apocalypse is symbolic of death and devastation. The fourth horseman of the apocalypse will bring further warfare and devastating famines along with awful plagues and diseases.

The last two horsemen of the apocalypse are precursors of the terrible judgments that come later in the final three and a half years of the seven year Tribulation, known as the Great Tribulation [Revelation chapters 8-9 and 16].

The last two horses like the first two are a part of the Wrath of God, Jesus is opening the Seals.

3. The Black Horse = Famine and Judgment.
4. The Pale Green Horse = Death and Hades (Grave)

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Irvin thinks it is the USA because are symbol is the eagle (Daniel 7:4) but, GOD also says He is the eagle so it could be GOD keeping Israel safe in Revelation 12:14.

GOD calls Himself the eagle in Isaiah 40:31, Exodus 19:4, Deuteronomy 32:10-12.
It is God, he protects Israel in the Wilderness. Good job of understanding scriptures my friend. The Remnant is not protected in Rev. 12:17, but many just assume she is Israel. I never understood this kind of thinking. One is protected so the Dragon/Beast gets angry and goes after the other one, the Remnant who is not protected. How can this be?

One is Israel, the other is the Remnant ( Remnant = small part of something that is left over ) that has the testimony of Jesus Christ. That would make them the Remnant Church on earth, the Raptured Church being in heaven.

Rev. 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman (Israel), and went to make war with the remnant of her seed (Jesus is the PROMISED SEED), which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Her seed is Jesus Christ, the Church on earth is the REMNANT of her SEED (Jesus) who have the testimony of Jesus. These are the Beheaded under the Alter at the 5th Seal.

I loved Irving to start with but I started seeing many errors in his teachings. Ed Hindson can go over all of Revelation in just under one hour. Hes pretty good on YOUTUBE.

But I mostly just learn from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The four horsemen of the apocalypse are described in Revelation chapter 6, verses 1-8. The four horsemen are symbolic descriptions of different events which will take place in the fulfillment of the 70th and final "Week" of God's decree upon the destiny of Israel, in Dan.9:27
Agreed, but I would add the destiny of the world.

Also known as the seven year Tribulation, Jacob's Trouble of Jer.30:7 and the Day of the Lord. Referred to by Jesus in His Olivet Discourse in Mt.24; Mk.13 and in Lk.21.
....also misnomered the seven year tribulation. The Day of the Lord doesn't begin until the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to be God.... near the middle of the seven years.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You should listen to endtime.com because Irvin Baxter does a breakdown of the Apocalypse.
He is also on youtube.
Hi 3laine, I used to listen to Irvin Baxter many many many years ago. Politics and Religion. I think he was broadcasting from Ohio as the time. There weren't many choices available. Anyway, some of his commentary may sound appealing because of his presentation manner - but Irvin is far amiss.

I don't know of any bible commentator, well known, that is not far amiss. They all errantly use the term Antichrist to refer to the person - after the person is no longer the Antichrist - but has become the beast.

Here's what you will hear none of them say...

1. That the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is a requirement Moses made in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 of all future leaders of Israel.

2. That the Antichrist is only the Antichrist for while he is in the role as the King of Israel (instead of and against Jesus the rightful king).

3. An explanation and analysis of the crowns/no crowns changing from Revelation 17, to Revelation 12, to Revelation 13.

4. An acknowledgment of the transgression of desolation - and why it is different than the abomination of desolation.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We need to go back to Zechariah to understand them. In Zechariah 1 we see them presented at the same time Daniel's 490 years, (70 weeks), commences.

Each horse represents a period of 490 years, starting in AD70. The first is the Roman Empire, the second Islam, the third the Catholic Church, the fourth the Jesuit movement.
A71, 483 of the years were completed when Jesus was put to death on the cross - in Daniel 9:26a.

There are only 7 years left of the 490 years. And those last 7 years have not begun yet.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi 3laine, I used to listen to Irvin Baxter many many many years ago. Politics and Religion. I think he was broadcasting from Ohio as the time. There weren't many choices available. Anyway, some of his commentary may sound appealing because of his presentation manner - but Irvin is far amiss.

I don't know of any bible commentator, well known, that is not far amiss. They all errantly use the term Antichrist to refer to the person - after the person is no longer the Antichrist - but has become the beast.
Hes still ANTI-CHRIST Dougggg right? He will always be of the Anti-Christ spirit, so he is anti-christ. He we only be the BEAST for 42 Months. That is like saying a Roman Cesar stopped being Cesar because he became a Beast back in the day Douggg.

There are a lot of people of the Holy Spirit that preach the truth.

Here's what you will hear none of them say...

1. That the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is a requirement Moses made in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 of all future leaders of Israel.

2. That the Antichrist is only the Antichrist for while he is in the role as the King of Israel (instead of and against Jesus the rightful king).

3. An explanation and analysis of the crowns/no crowns changing from Revelation 17, to Revelation 12, to Revelation 13.

4. An acknowledgment of the transgression of desolation - and why it is different than the abomination of desolation.

1. The "Covenant" spoken of in Daniel 9:27 is between HUMANS not God and Humans. its an Agreement between the Little Horn and MANY OTHERS, it has absolutely nothing to do with God.

2. The Anti-Christ is NEVER the King of Israel and that is NOWHERE in the bible.

3. The Explanation is EASY as I have explained it to you myself. They all man the same thing, who's being spoken of is different. The MAN BEAST is the subject in Rev. 13 thus the 10 Horns have CROWNS. The Dragon/Satan is the subject in Rev. ch. 12 thus the Seven Heads has CROWNS. In Rev. 17 neither the MAN BEAST nor the Dragon/Satan is being spoken of so there is no use specifying with CROWNS. The Seven Headed Beast and the Harlot is being explained by an Angel as to who they are. The Angel is speaking IN GENERAL who the Harlot is (ALL FALSE RELIGION) and who the Beast with Seven Heads and 10 Horns is (False Governance). Both Satan and the Beast is FALSE GOVERNANCE RIGHT? Neither is specifically being spoken of here.

4. The Abomination of Desolation is an Image of the Beast being placed in the Temple.

Try as you might my friend, the Anti-Christ is ever going to be accepted as the King of Israel.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hes still ANTI-CHRIST Dougggg right? He will always be of the Anti-Christ spirit, so he is anti-christ. He we only be the BEAST for 42 Months. That is like saying a Roman Cesar stopped being Cesar because he became a Beast back in the day Douggg.
He will no longer be the King of Israel - instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel. No longer in that role.

Why do you think the person has to be revealed the man of sin, if the roles of being the Antichrist and the man of sin are the same? They are not the same. The Antichrist will not remain in the role as the King of Israel, instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel, once he claims to be God.

The person as the Antichrist will not being worshiped as God.
As the beast, he will be.

Let me ask you this.
When Barack Obama was Senator - was he the President?
When Barack Obama became President - did he continue as Senator?

After being elected President - did people refer to him as Senator?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1. The "Covenant" spoken of in Daniel 9:27 is between HUMANS not God and Humans. its an Agreement between the Little Horn and MANY OTHERS, it has absolutely nothing to do with God.

Deuteronomy 31:
12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2. The Anti-Christ is NEVER the King of Israel and that is NOWHERE in the bible.
"Anti" the prefix means "instead of" and/or "against". Adding Anti to Christ, we come up with AntiChrist (technically what's inferred is Anti - Jesus the Christ)

In the bible, by both his supporters and his enemies Jesus was referred to as being that promised great King of Israel.

by his supporters...
John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

by his enemies....
Mark 15:
31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
3. The Explanation is EASY as I have explained it to you myself. They all man the same thing, who's being spoken of is different. The MAN BEAST is the subject in Rev. 13 thus the 10 Horns have CROWNS. The Dragon/Satan is the subject in Rev. ch. 12 thus the Seven Heads has CROWNS. In Rev. 17 neither the MAN BEAST nor the Dragon/Satan is being spoken of so there is no use specifying with CROWNS. The Seven Headed Beast and the Harlot is being explained by an Angel as to who they are. The Angel is speaking IN GENERAL who the Harlot is (ALL FALSE RELIGION) and who the Beast with Seven Heads and 10 Horns is (False Governance). Both Satan and the Beast is FALSE GOVERNANCE RIGHT? Neither is specifically being spoken of here.
Does President mean the same thing as Senator ? Or are they different roles?

RT, you are misunderstanding why the dragon is pictured in Revelation 12 and again as the scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17. It is because the disembodied spirit of the beast is still in the bottomless pit (1) in the first century in Revelation 17, when the sixth king was ruling (2) at the beginning of the 7 years in Revelation 12, when the 1260 days start.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The four horsemen of the apocalypse are described in Revelation chapter 6, verses 1-8. The four horsemen are symbolic descriptions of different events which will take place in the fulfillment of the 70th and final "Week" of God's decree upon the destiny of Israel, in Dan.9:27. Also known as the seven year Tribulation, Jacob's Trouble of Jer.30:7 and the Day of the Lord. Referred to by Jesus in His Olivet Discourse in Mt.24; Mk.13 and in Lk.21.

The first horseman of the apocalypse is mentioned in Revelation 6:2, "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest." This first horseman refers to the antichrist, who will be given authority and will conquer all who oppose him. The antichrist is the false imitator of Jesus Christ, who will return on a white horse in His second coming to the earth (Revelation 19:11-16).The second horseman of the apocalypse is referred to in Revelation 6:4, "Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword." The second horseman refers to terrible warfare that will break out in the end times.

The third horseman is described in Revelation 6:5-6, “...and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, ‘A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!’” The third horseman of the apocalypse refers to a great famine that will take place, as a result of the wars from the second horseman. Food will be scarce, but wine and oil will still be readily available.

The fourth horseman is mentioned in Revelation 6:8, "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth." The fourth horseman of the apocalypse is symbolic of death and devastation. The fourth horseman of the apocalypse will bring further warfare and devastating famines along with awful plagues and diseases.

The last two horsemen of the apocalypse are precursors of the terrible judgments that come later in the final three and a half years of the seven year Tribulation, known as the Great Tribulation [Revelation chapters 8-9 and 16].

Quasar92
From the Article End Time Prophecy
Revelation Chapter Six

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, what sounded like the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. 3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given to him a great sword. 5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and saw a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see you don't hurt not the oil and the wine. 7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. In these first verses of the book that was sealed we are again looking at the four empires as prophesied in the book of Daniel. One of the reasons this can be easily ascertained is that this whole vision from Revelation 6-11 is repeated in Revelation 13-19 with same animals Daniel uses to illustrate the four empires.
Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, do you not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given to every one of them; and it was said to them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
These are believers that perished at the hands of the wicked over those centuries. A little more specifically though. They are the ones Christ refers to many times in his prophecies and denunciations of kings and leaders of Israel. Matthew 23: 29. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous, 30. And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31. Wherefore you are witnesses against yourselves, that you are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32.Finish then what your ancestors started. 33. You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell? 34. Therefore, look, I will send to you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them you shall kill and crucify; and some of them you shall beat in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35. That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36. Truly I say to you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that murder the prophets, and stone them which are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not! 38. Behold, your house is left to you desolate.
Notice who Christ is referencing in this word. Just like Revelation 6:9-11, the saints of the Old Testament that were murdered and the saints of the New Testament that were yet to be persecuted and murdered. This judgment and prophecy that the Messiah is rendering against Jerusalem directly proceeds his prophecy in Matthew 24 about the end of the first covenant age. In practicality it is part of that prophecy. Similar words of judgment proceed all three accounts of the Lords prophecy in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. John's vision precisely mimics Jesus's prophecy. That the cries of the saints of the Old Testament who were persecuted and murdered will be answered after the saints, the followers of the messiah in the New Testament are subjected to the same treatment. Then in these next verses that judgment falls upon Jerusalem.
Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, look, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
These verses even use some of the same illustrative language that Jesus uses when referencing the same events of the first century. Some of them are hyperlinked to those locations. A word about the illustrative pictures and language of prophecy before going on to the next chapter. As an example: the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; If this were a literal event rather than illustrative language all life on planet earth would end. Yet there are still chapters ahead with life on the planet. It is a shame that something like this would even have to be pointed out to illustrate the absurdity that passes as serious Bible prophecy teaching in the world today.

Revelation Chapter Seven

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. In this first sentence the Apostle is saying, "After I saw that then I saw this." As opposed to saying this happened after that. Its important to realize this because what he is now seeing is a different scene from the same time period as the destruction of Jerusalem in Chapter 6:12-17. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 5 Of the tribe of Judah were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. 6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. 7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. These one hundred forty-four thousand represent the believers in Judea who were warned and escaped the destruction of the region by the Romans. Their deliverance was prophesied in Daniel 12:1......there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time your people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. Jesus also prophesied the same thing in: Matthew 24:13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Mark 13:.....but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Then Luke's corresponding verse: 21:18. But there shall not a hair of your head perish. 19. In your patience possess your souls.
It would also seem that one of the main reasons for Christ's prophecy in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 about the destruction of Jerusalem was to explain to those who would take heed how they might escape it. In that discourse he first teaches those who were listening what would be going on in the interim period so as to keep them focused on their ministries instead of on their escape. Then he focuses on telling them what will be happening up until the time arrives. After this he tells them the specific sign that heralds the end and how to make their escape.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and families, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be to our God for ever and ever. Amen. 13 And one of the elders answered, saying to me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and where did they come from? 14 And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
In Revelation 7:9-17 John is seeing the multitudes that came to Christ during the time of the Roman Empire before it permanently split into an eastern and western branch and the city of Rome was depopulated (546 A.D.) It is important that it notes that these came out of great tribulation. It does this as a prophecy and to show the righteous judgment of God's response to this persecution and murder. (Perhaps it would be better stated; the effects, of persecuting and murdering the righteous.) It was illegal to be a Christian in the empire during these first three centuries. The penalty was death. Under most emperors Christians were not actively hunted down. Typically those that were accused were given the choice to offer a sacrifice to the Roman gods and the emperor. Upon doing so all was forgiven. Eventually the numbers and influence of Christians became so great that Emperor Diocletian and a couple of others decided to rid the empire of them. At this point they were actively hunted down in most of the empire. A link will be provided to go over some of that information eventually. Christians suffered this same fate in other empires of the world that they went to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He will no longer be the King of Israel - instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel. No longer in that role.
He will never be accepted as the King of Israel. Elijah is sent to turn Israel back unto God BEFORE the Day of the Lord. (Malachi 4:5-6). Nowhere in scriptures is this stated to be a fact.

Why do you think the person has to be revealed the man of sin, if the roles of being the Antichrist and the man of sin are the same? They are not the same. The Antichrist will not remain in the role as the King of Israel, instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel, once he claims to be God.

This REVEALED comes from the Greek word APOKALUPTO, the same word used for Revelation or Apocalypse it means to be UNCOVERED or DISCLOSED. To lay open what has been veiled or covered up. So the Anti-Christ/Little Horn has made PEACE TREATIES/DEALS/AGREEMENTS (Covenants) with many (including Israel) but the world sees him as a wise person of "PEACE", thus when Jesus opens the FIRST SEAL up and this Little Horn goes forth to Conquer his nature is REVEALED !! He is seen as the TYRANT HE IS !! He is seen by the Jews as the Little Horn because he sets foot in the Temple of God and proclaims to be God !! HE IS revealed Douggg by his very own actions !! The World discovers who he is, now you either serve him, or die serving God. People would never have made PEACE DEALS with him if they knew he was the Man of Sin/Little Horn would they? This has absolutely nothing to do with this tyrant being a King over Israel, this has everything to do with this tyrant using PEACE to deceive many.

Daniel 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

In Rev. 6 the Second Horse takes the PEACE AWAY FROM THE EARTH !!

The person as the Antichrist will not being worshiped as God. As the beast, he will be.

Well, that goes without saying that after he becomes the Beast he demands to be worshiped as a God. But that in no wise means he was the "King of Israel" beforehand.

Let me ask you this.
When Barack Obama was Senator - was he the President?
When Barack Obama became President - did he continue as Senator?

After being elected President - did people refer to him as Senator?

There s NO TITLE DEEMED the Anti-Christ, that is you referring him exclusively as the Anti-Christ, THAT ANTI-CHRIST is used one time by John, other names he is known by include:

Anti-Christ
1. Man of Sin, son of perdition.
2. Man of Lawlessness.
3. The Assyrian.
4. The Little Horn.
5. The Wicked One.
6. The King of Babylon.
7. The Prince that shall come.
8. The Vile Person.
9. The Willful King.
10. The Spoiler.

The Anti-Christ refers unto his anti-christ spirit. There be many that are anti-christ in spirit. Thus he will always be anti-christ, that is just a fact of life. John only mentions THAT (Particular man) Anti-Christ MAN, who is anti-christ in nature. Its not IN PLACE OF. It means against.

Deuteronomy 31:
12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

And just how does this Covenant have anything to do the Anti-Chrst making an AGREEMENT WITH MANY? When are you going to get that Covenant means AGREEMENT. Its only a Holy Covenant when its between God and men. When its between the Anti-Christ/Little Horn and MANY NATIONS its nothing more than a PEACE DEAL/Agreement. Stop thinking ALL COVENANTS are of God. The Devil and a person can make a COVENANT TOGETHER....Its just means in Hebrew an AGREEMENT. The Devil can not make a Holy Covenant, he can make an unholy covenant. The Hebrew word Covenant means AGREEMENT.........Not Holy Agreement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There s NO TITLE DEEMED the Anti-Christ, that is you referring him exclusively as the Anti-Christ,
I gave you the exact text of Christ being the title of the King of Israel.

Mark 15:
31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Who was the priests referring there on the cross? What was his name? Christ is not a name - it is title.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"Anti" the prefix means "instead of" and/or "against". Adding Anti to Christ, we come up with AntiChrist (technically what's inferred is Anti - Jesus the Christ)
No it doesn't IT CAN MEAN, but it doesn't mean that here Douggg, it means hes against Christ. Show me anywhere where t says Israel accepts this man as their King Douggg. 99 percent of the time Ant means against, so you are going to take a COULD MEAN and run with it, even though that isn't what it means. Israel REPENTS before the Day of the Lord !! (Malachi 4:5)

In the bible, by both his supporters and his enemies Jesus was referred to as being that promised great King of Israel.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with Israel accepting the Little Horn as their King dos it? So since Jesus is the King of kings that means Israel must accept a fake king even though the scriptures NEVER TEL US THAT !!

by his supporters...
John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

And just what does this have to do with Israel accepting a FAKE KING? Nothing !!

by his enemies....
Mark 15:

And again, what does this have to do with Israel choosing a FAKE KING? Nothing of course !!

Does President mean the same thing as Senator ? Or are they different roles?

The Man of Sin is always Anti-Christ, he is NEVER King of Israel.

RT, you are misunderstanding why the dragon is pictured in Revelation 12 and again as the scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17. It is because the disembodied spirit of the beast is still in the bottomless pit (1) in the first century in Revelation 17, when the sixth king was ruling (2) at the beginning of the 7 years in Revelation 12, when the 1260 days start

The Beast in the Pit has nothing to do with the Seven Headed Dragon. Satan is over all Demons thus he is over Apollyon also. That means he is over ALL KINGDOMS OTHE EARTH. Those Seven over Israel were just a few of the many thousands of Kingdoms throughout history that Satan has been over. He told Jesus that IT WAS GIVEN HIM, and he does what he wills with all of the Kingdoms of this world. He is the god of this world. Thus the Crowns on the Seven Heads which are just Seven over Israel, which is just Seven of thousands of Kingdoms on earth, means its Satan's DOMAIN !! This shows the Authority of the Dragon over all Kingdoms of the World of which these Seven are placed over Israel.

The Man Beast is being referred to in Rev. chapter 13, thus the Crowns on the 10 Horns whom he is over. This shows the Authority of the Beast, over the 10 Kings.

In Rev. 17 no crowns are shown because you Authority is being spoken of.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I gave you the exact text of Christ being the title of the King of Israel.

Mark 15:

Who was the priests referring there on the cross? What was his name? Christ is not a name - it is title.
Which PROVES NOTHING about the Anti-Christ being the King of Israel, now does it Dougggg, that's just coming from you right?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And just how does this Covenant have anything to do the Anti-Chrst making an AGREEMENT WITH MANY? When are you going to get that Covenant means AGREEMENT. Its only a Holy Covenant when its between God and men. When its between the Anti-Christ/Little Horn and MANY NATIONS its nothing more than a PEACE DEAL/Agreement. Stop thinking ALL COVENANTS are of God. The Devil and a person can make a COVENANT TOGETHER....Its just means in Hebrew an AGREEMENT. The Devil can not make a Holy Covenant, he can make an unholy covenant. The Hebrew word Covenant means AGREEMENT.........Not Holy Agreement.
What does it say Daniel's ancestors did in Daniel 9:11 ? What covenant was that tied to?

11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

In Daniel 8:12
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

In 2Thessalonians2:4 what does the Antichrist do to reveal himself the man of sin? Transgresses the covenant, right? Do you think it will be part of a peace treaty - that he will worship the True God of Israel?

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0