Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

That seems pretty final, doesn't it? No man hath seen God at any time.

Oh, but wait!

Exo_33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Oh, well...maybe Moses just thought he was speaking face to face with God. Maybe it was just a vision, or something...

Exo_34:29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
Exo_34:30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

Hmmm....and then, again, evidently, something must have happened.

So, could John have been wrong?

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Ahhh, wait...there is the clue.

the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

So, the only possibility is that Moses had to have been speaking to the Second Person of the Trinity...for Jesus is also God...

It was God Who gave the Ten Commandments to Moses...God With Us, or Immanuel.
We know Him as Jesus Christ...

Last edited:

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Oh, but wait!

Exo_33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Oh, well...maybe Moses just thought he was speaking face to face with God. Maybe it was just a vision, or something...

Exo_34:29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
Exo_34:30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

So, the only possibility is that Moses had to have been speaking to the Second Person of the Trinity...for Jesus is also God...

God is a spirit. He has no physical definition that man can see. What Moses and the people's eyes saw was a ball of fire, which is an angel of the Lord.

Exo 24:9
Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
Exo 24:10
And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

Exo 24:17
And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh, but wait!

Daniel 10:5-6 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz! His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Revelation 1:12-18 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lamp stands, and in the midst of the seven lamp stands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is a spirit. He has no physical definition that man can see. What Moses and the people's eyes saw was a ball of fire, which is an angel of the Lord.

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

Daniel 10:5-6 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz! His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Revelation 1:12-18 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lamp stands, and in the midst of the seven lamp stands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Your point is????:confused:

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Daniel was given a vision. This was not a personal face to face encounter.

The Revelator was taken up into heaven. Was this a vision, or an actual experience? In other words, was he "in the body" or "out of the body"?
We can't know.

However, Jesus very clearly said that "no man has seen God at any time".
I'm pretty sure He would know...

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

The Bible very clearly says that God spoke to Moses "face to face".
It also talks about how God held His hand over Moses' eyes as He passed by, so Moses could see His back, but not His face, for no man can see God's face and live.
I'm too tired to look the references up for you. Go to e sword, download you a Bible, and do a word search for yourself. Or there is always Bible Gateway...and I'm sure lots of other sources....

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Bible very clearly says that God spoke to Moses "face to face".
It also talks about how God held His hand over Moses' eyes as He passed by, so Moses could see His back, but not His face, for no man can see God's face and live.
I'm too tired to look the references up for you. Go to e sword, download you a Bible, and do a word search for yourself. Or there is always Bible Gateway...and I'm sure lots of other sources....
Why did Moses ask to see God in Ex 33?

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
He had just had a face to face conversation with God. God spoke to Moses as a man would speak to his friend.
That's pretty darn special, I'd say.
And, later, Moses and Elijah will appear with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration.
Again, pretty darn special.

Moses dared to ask God to show him His glory. Who would not want to see the glory of God? Isn't that what we all long for?
And God gave him his request.
Obviously, God loved Moses very much.
So much, that when Moses died, God, Himself, buried him with His Own hands. What other mortal man has ever had that kind of relationship with the Almighty God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't Moses at least see Yahweh's backside?
What other person in the Bible ever got to witness even that?
Exodus 33:
(18) Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”
(19) And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
(20) But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
(21) And the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock,
(22) and while my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
(23) Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Exodus 33:
(19) And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
(20) But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
(21) And the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock,
(22) and while my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
(23) Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

Darling, you just put a HUGE grin on my face that will probably be there all day.
People are going to wonder what I've been up to...:angel:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Darling, you just put a HUGE grin on my face that will probably be there all day.
People are going to wonder what I've been up to...:angel:
:)

I have a question. Why is this topic thread on the Law/Sabbath board instead of GT, where it would probably be viewed by a lot more members? Just curious

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Exodus 33:

:D:D:D Nice one, LLOG :thumbsup:

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Jhn 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Clearly, John did not forget about Moses' encounter of the third kind, when he said; No man hath seen God at any time.

Exo 33:20
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Oh, but wait!

Maybe it's context? Re: the "glowing", maybe that's from being in God's "presence" and His glory reflecting off of the one that was in His presence? I was in a horrendously dire situation once and sooooo at a loss of words that i just prayed the 23rd psalm over n' over.....i was lying down and my eyes were closed...i could "feel" myself sorta' rising from the bed...it freaked me out so i opened my eyes and went outta there, walked past a mirror in the hall and out of the corner of my eye, i could see i was "glowing"..it freaked me out even more....

i should'a stayed in the room and freaked my then husband out..he deserved it ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe it's context? Re: the "glowing", maybe that's from being in God's "presence" and His glory reflecting off of the one that was in His presence? I was in a horrendously dire situation once and sooooo at a loss of words that i just prayed the 23rd psalm over n' over.....i was lying down and my eyes were closed...i could "feel" myself sorta' rising from the bed...it freaked me out so i opened my eyes and went outta there, walked past a mirror in the hall and out of the corner of my eye, i could see i was "glowing"..it freaked me out even more....

i should'a stayed in the room and freaked my then husband out..he deserved it ^_^
That could explains why you got divorced. :D:D:D
(Just kidding)
Hey brinny:wave::wave::wave:

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Exodus 33:

What is one's glory? Did God indeed respond to Moses with an unrelated statement of something Moses did not ask for?

Upvote 0