Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
According to the Bible, only the Son of man and Adam and eve were created in the image of God.
The rest of us were born in the likeness of Adam, and since Adam had fallen and sinned it makes all of us his offspring sinners Genesis 5:3
So none of us was born in the image of God, Jesus said the father of sinners is the Devil. So we are all children of the Devil, until God regenerates us.

I have been telling unconverted sinners that they were born with the image of God, now I have learned that we're all born as children of the Devil I have to go back and correct my error with all those I led astray.
I'm sure they won't be happy to hear the news, but we must speak the truth.

Jesus wasn't popular for speaking the truth, the Pharisees were very angry when Jesus told them that their father was the Devil.

Sharing the Gospel just got a lot harder for me, I thought it was already hard enough. Now I can expect an even more hostile reception. There doesn't seem to be any soft or easy way to present the gospel, it could cost us everything to get the message out.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
According to the Bible, only the Son of man and Adam and eve were created in the image of God.
The rest of us were born in the likeness of Adam, and since Adam had fallen and sinned it makes all of us his offspring sinners Genesis 5:3
So none of us was born in the image of God, Jesus said the father of sinners is the Devil. So we are all children of the Devil, until God regenerates us.

I have been telling unconverted sinners that they were born with the image of God, now I have learned that we're all born as children of the Devil I have to go back and correct my error with all those I led astray.

Jesus wasn't popular for speaking the truth, the Pharisees were very angry when Jesus told them that their father was the Devil.

Sharing the Gospel just got a lot harder for me, I thought it was already hard enough. Now I can expect an even more hostile reception. There doesn't seem to be any soft or easy way to present the gospel, it could cost us everything to get the message out.

No, all human beings are created in the image of God.

"With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God." - James 3:9

-CryptoLuthearn

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
none of us was born in the image of God

While we are marred, stained and damaged one can still see the evidence that man was made in the image of God.
We are all Spiritual beings, we are all Moral beings and we are all Rational beings three characteristics that link us firmly to our Heavenly creator.

• Agree
Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
While we are marred, stained and damaged one can still see the evidence that man was made in the image of God.
We are all Spiritual beings, we are all Moral beings and we are all Rational beings three characteristics that link us firmly to our Heavenly creator.
We were born as children of the Devil, so it would be fair to say that we are born in the image of Satan. But God and the Devil are poles apart, they have nothing in common apart from those things you pointed out but they are the attributes of Angels and Demons as well.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It appears you have been exposed to some false teachings. I will pray that you come to learn the truth through the power of His Holy Spirit. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God." - James 3:9

-CryptoLuthearn
I agree...with that you can add Gen 9:6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

1 Cor 11:7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We were born as children of the Devil, so it would be fair to say that we are born in the image of Satan. But God and the Devil are poles apart, they have nothing in common apart from those things you pointed out but they are the attributes of Angels and Demons as well.

The closest you might come is this...Gen 5:3 When Adam was 130 years old, he had a son in his own likeness, after his own image; and he named him Seth.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This is a bad plan. Please take the time to prayerfully reconsider before you go around telling people they're a child of the devil. People have already posted helpful correctives to your interpretation. Take them to heart.

Being a Christian and sharing the faith is difficult enough without compounding it with loveless rhetoric that rests on faulty hermeneutics. You have a desire to share, which is commendable. There's no shame in reconsidering one's position for the good of the whole.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

We are born with a sin nature---but, as has been pointed out in post #6, the scriptures definitely say we are in the image of God. You don't have anything to correct. We are the children of whomever we follow. If we do not follow Jesus, then we are not His children. And we are all adopted into the family of God when we choose Jesus. We are not His natural children and have to be adopted. We are not His by right of birth, we must be adopted by accepting to follow Him. He then changes our natures to resemble His. If we follow Satan, our natures resemble him, but we are still in the image of God. We will get out glorified bodies at the resurrection, as Jesus, in His humanity, received His glorified human body--He was, however, Always God.

Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a bad plan. Please take the time to prayerfully reconsider before you go around telling people they're a child of the devil. People have already posted helpful correctives to your interpretation. Take them to heart.

Being a Christian and sharing the faith is difficult enough without compounding it with loveless rhetoric that rests on faulty hermeneutics. You have a desire to share, which is commendable. There's no shame in reconsidering one's position for the good of the whole.

All though I don't agree with the opening post...we are not children of God. Through the blood of Christ we become adopted into the family of God as children of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The bondage which the devil wields over us is, as the author of the epistle to the Hebrews says, the power of death. We were born captive to the passions and lusts of our flesh, as sinners, with a broken humanity; and through the captivity to our passions the devil has wielded death over us. But Christ has defeated the devil, by His death and resurrection Christ has triumphed, Hell has been ransacked, death has been defeated, the devil is now the captive, and there is freedom in the One who sets us free.

No, we were not born "in the image of the devil", the devil may have held us captive, but we have always been the image-bearing creatures of God. The Divine image was never destroyed--marred, polluted, diminished through sin, yes, but destroyed no.

In Christ the image of God is fully restored to man, and so in Christ that image is being restored in us, as we are being conformed to the image of Christ by the ongoing work of God, and its fullness at Christ's coming, the resurrection of the dead, and the renewal of all things on the Last Day.

But when you speak to a non-Christian, you are speaking to an image-bearing creature of God. You are not speaking to an enemy, you are speaking to someone who bears the Divine image, who was created in the likeness of God, who was created for communion with God. And that communion with God is restored in Christ--you are speaking the word of peace and reconciliation through what Christ has done, that word which is a powerful sword that cuts right to the heart and disarms the sinner of their hostility and animosity toward the loving and gracious God who saves us. When you speak to a fellow human being, you are speaking to the beloved creation of God. That is why in The Great Commandment the love of God and the love of neighbor cannot be separated--it is one commandment, as St. John reminds us, that if we say we love God but hate our brother, we are liars and the truth is not in us. And even as the Lord Himself says, that whatever we did to the least of these we did (or did not do) it unto Him.

How we treat our fellow man is how we treat God.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

-CryptoLuthearn

Genesis 8:21-22

James 3 speaks about the control of our tongue. A true faithful Christian will praise God (the means by which God made us in his image, ie- able to speak with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
James 3 speaks about the control of our tongue. A true faithful Christian will praise God (the means by which God made us in his image, ie- able to speak with him.

It is about the control of our tongue, with the admonishment not to use our tongue to cause harm to our fellow man made in God's image.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1 John 3

Children of God

1Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.

3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.b4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.c 5But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning.

No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.7Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start.

This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

This goes from one false extreme to the other false extreme. Adam did loose the image of God and death was handed to Adam's descendants. Both spiritual and physical death. It is true the image of God became broken, but to then jump from God's image to the devils, is a tad extreme. Now you are going to have to apologize to any who you told were in the image of Satan.

As one who trust and obeys God each individual is a light in the darkness. It is not our own light. It is God’s grace that shines from being a godly example. Trying to prove a human is in God's likeness is about as easy as accepting Jesus Christ is 100% God and 100% human. We have the human part down fine. It is the God image that we are lacking. Then there is the Holy Spirit, and without the Holy Spirit one will never have a restored God image. See, fairly easy without any objections from any other opinions of man. The Holy Spirit in us replaces our disconnected spirit which is with God, and we are dead to. We have a physical body, just like Jesus had, except this one has a dead sin nature. We have an eternal soul in the image of God. Our soul is who we are, and only the soul can choose to be for God or reject God. Our soul is the only true image of God we are. This body will die, but we will receive a body like Jesus without sin. When the church is completed, we will rejoin with our spirit, and the image will be completely restored like Adam's image, before Adam disobeyed God.

We are spiritually dead, separated from our spirit. We live in a dead body of sinful flesh and blood. We have an eternal soul, who we are. The image is shattered, but in trust and obedience, and in death, the image will be restored bit by bit. It has to do with time, and obedience to God.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...So we are all children of the Devil, until God regenerates us....

Only those who are not righteous.

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are God's imagers, even in our fallen state.

4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. ... 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - Jhn 1:4, 9-10 NIV

Upvote 0