New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! :wave:

Question:

Who was Anak? I looked all over The Bible and couldn't find him...

Joshua 11:22
No Anakites were left in Israelite territory; only in Gaza, Gath and Ashdod did any survive.

Numbers 13:28
But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.

Numbers 13:33
We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Now, from what I understand, The Nephilim were the offspring of fallen angels and human women...Could Anak have been a fallen angel?

Any explanation/insight would be helpful...thanks :)

reformedfan

Senior Veteran
Dec 18, 2003
http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/portal.php
Visit site
✟12,904.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DaBronx said:
OK...Arba was Anak's father...so, who was Arba exactly?

Because...weren't The Nephilim the offspring of (fallen) angels and humans?
Are these people from the line of Cain? The Canaanites? :confused:

Thanks.

Caanan was Noah's son, not Cain.

The line of Cain were the 'daughters of men" who married into the Seth line, "The sons of God" not some weird hybrid angel/ human mutant.

Upvote 0

paulnoel

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!!!
Apr 5, 2005
Cambridge UK
✟10,032.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
DaBronx said:
OK...Arba was Anak's father...so, who was Arba exactly?

Because...weren't The Nephilim the offspring of (fallen) angels and humans?
Are these people from the line of Cain? The Canaanites? :confused:

Thanks.

ARBA was the bloke who founded the city that bore his name. Kiriath Araba of Hebron see josh 14;15 & 15;13

Not sure about the rest of your question's maybe someone else can help sorry?

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is the best things that I can find for you....

ANAK [A" 'na]k ]—GIANT, OR LONG-NECKED OR ORNAMENT. Son of Arba, and ancestor of the Anakims (Num. 13:22, 28, 33). See also Anakim (Deut. 1:28).

ARBA [Ar'ba ]—THE CROUCHER or STRENGTH OF BAAL. The father of Anak, so named because he was the father of the city which bore his name. Kirjath-arba, later Hebron, was a chief seat of the Anakims (Josh. 14:15; 15:13; 21:11).

Hope this helps its from "All the Men of the Bible"

Upvote 0

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
reformedfan said:
The line of Cain were the 'daughters of men" who married into the Seth line, "The sons of God" not some weird hybrid angel/ human mutant.

Genesis 6: 1-4
1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal [b] ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

So, you don't believe these men were fallen angels as some believe? I thought I read somewhere (in The Bible) where it said that when God saw this He took that ability away (the ability for these "men" to have children with human women)...But I can't find it now...

Will keep looking, as I'm sure I read it somewhere after someone had told me this is what the passage meant...Thanks for your help.

:) Lorry

Upvote 0

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tenorvoice said:
This is the best things that I can find for you....

ANAK [A" 'na]k ]—GIANT, OR LONG-NECKED OR ORNAMENT. Son of Arba, and ancestor of the Anakims (Num. 13:22, 28, 33). See also Anakim (Deut. 1:28).

ARBA [Ar'ba ]—THE CROUCHER or STRENGTH OF BAAL. The father of Anak, so named because he was the father of the city which bore his name. Kirjath-arba, later Hebron, was a chief seat of the Anakims (Josh. 14:15; 15:13; 21:11).

Hope this helps its from "All the Men of the Bible"

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.