United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This will be long but I need to say it. I need to proclaim that I am a child of God and I am made new!

I grew up in a Christian family but I was not except from troubles. My father is emotionally abusive. I grew up walking on eggshells, terrified to breathe the wrong way in case it set him off. My friendships were always broken. I have never had a true friend. I was used and then left behind. I have battled depression and borderline personality disorder. I struggle with sexual sin. I had a spirit of rejection that would not allow me to invite anyone into my life and I pushed away all help. I secluded myself and let these chains of fear and pain hold me down. I attempted suicide multiple times. I could not turn to my church because there was bitterness and hate there. All of this was done in secret because again, I could not open up to anyone. I was utterly alone. I hated God. I was so angry with him for putting me in this stupid life that I never asked for.

But he was patient with me. He waited for me. He let me slam into rock bottom again and again and was always there to pick me up, brush me off, and then watch me pull away from him again. Until finally, I went further than rock bottom. And that's where I found him.

Over the last year, after all my friendships fell through and I was completely alone in life except God and me, he changed me. He started work in me that cannot be undone. Recently I have started a friendship with someone from my church. He has changed my life. He is the first honest and genuine friend that I have ever had. He has renewed my faith and love in Christ in such spectacular ways. My walk with Christ has never been better and God told me that this is the man I'm going to marry one day.

Of course, Satan is unhappy with this. I belonged to him for so long and he doesn't want me to come back home. I was not quite free from my chains of fear, from the things in my past holding me down and he used that to his advantage. He has done everything in his power to sabotage my relationship with my friend and with God. Today he almost succeeded.

But he didn't. And I am free. I am truly, truly free. When the pain was so great I didn't think I could bare it another moment, I cried out to Jesus and he freed me. Once and for all, I am freed. I am no longer held to or defined by my past. I am not longer bound to the things I've done or the person I was.

I am who he says I am.

I am loved. I am worthy. I am cherished. I am redeemed. I am saved. I am free. I am a child of God.

I do not expect life to be easy. No one ever said it would be. But I will no longer live in that old way. I will no longer be held by those chains. I am a new creation and I will live like one.

Who the son sets free, oh is free indeed.

WESTOZZIE

Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hallelujah sister...great to hear. "I am who He says I am"... You nailed it right there. Feelings and emotions often say the opposite of what God says....but His word never changes.
Perfect love casts out all fear...we may boldly say, "As He is, so are we in this world" 1 John 4:17

Upvote 0