✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what we have heard:
For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, POOR, blind, and naked. -Revelation 3:17

Who the Lord considers poor in this matter?

Have we heard this :

Then I said, "These are only the POOR; they have no sense; for they do not know the way of the LORD, the justice of their God. -Jeremiah 5:4

What do you think ? How would you respond to what you have heard ?

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
poor - Wiktionary

Picture 1.jpg

The English language can be a very tricky language, especially as a second language for foreigners.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, POOR, blind, and naked. -Revelation 3:17

Who the Lord considers poor in this matter?

Have we heard this :

Then I said, "These are only the POOR; they have no sense; for they do not know the way of the LORD, the justice of their God. -Jeremiah 5:4

What do you think ? How would you respond to what you have heard ?

I would say that's one sense of "poor" that we are given in the scriptures. One is poor in so far as one lacks something needful. One can lack righteousness and therefore be poor in that sense. We might call it spiritual poverty. Then there is material poverty where one lacks needful material things. That sense is given to us in the scriptures, as well.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we look carefully what was spoken by the Lord in Jeremiah 5:4, please look at the parentheses “ ; “.

What is parentheses? It is defined as
a word, clause, or sentence inserted as an explanation or afterthought into a passage that is grammatically complete without it, in writing usually marked off by curved brackets, dashes, or commas.

Then I said, "These are only the poor; they have no sense; for they do not know the way of the LORD, the justice of their God. -Jeremiah 5:4

It can be considered that the poor have no sense and they don’t know the way of the Lord and the justice of their God.

When our Lord rebuke the church of Laodicea, and that the church of Laodicea does not realize that they are poor !

We can consider that our Lord considers the Laodiceans have no sense and they don’t know the way of the Lord and the justice of God, just like the Lord Himself spoke in Jeremiah 5:4.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should agree with the Lords rebuke, and not be prideful in riches. The poor should know that man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.’ No matter how much we have we need God and to know the ways of God.

Jehovah Jireh God is our provider. The rich should give and the poor should be rich in faith.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, this is what we have heard:

13 In offering this service you prove to these people that you glorify God by actually doing what your acknowledgement of the Good News of the Messiah requires, namely, sharing generously with them and with everyone. 14 And in their prayers for you they will feel a strong affection for you because of how gracious God has been to you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! - 2 Corinthians 9:13-15 CJB

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0