Who moved the stone? part .1

Status
Not open for further replies.
who moved the stone?or who rolled away the stone?{mark.16:3}is a qusetion which has worried theologians for the past two thousands years.Mr Frank Morison,a prominent Bible scholar,tried to nail down this ghost{s}in a book bearing the same title as this tract.Between 1930 and 1975 his book has gone through ELEVEN editions.Through all his 192 pages of conjectures he failed to answer,WHO MOVED THE STONE?{Faber and Faber,London}.

On page 89 of his book,he writes,*We are left,therefore, with the problem of the vacanttomb unsolved* and proceeds to advance SIX hypotheses,very nearly knocking the proverbial nail on head with his FIRST suppsition,i.e.THAT JOSEPH OF ARIMATHEA SECRETLY REMOVED THE BODY TO A MORE SUITABLE RESTING PLACE. After confessing that this Joseph *might himself have removed it for private reasons to another olace,is one which seems to carry considerable weight* {italicsmine},he hurriedly disposes this hypothesis on the flimsiest ground.

As you read on,dear reader I trust that you as well as Mr Morison will have a satisfactory answer to this problem.

Let us begin at the beginning of this problem.

It was Sunday morning,according to the Bible,the first day of the week,when Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus{John 20:1}.The first question that bedevils the mind is:
Q1:WHY DID SHE GO TO THE TOMB?
Ans:the gospel writers say that she went to *anoint* him.the Herbrew word for anoint is *masaha*, which means-to rub,to massage, to anoint. The word and its meaing are the same in Arabic language also. From this root word *masaha* we get the the Arabic word *maseeh* and the Hebrew *messiah* both meaning the same thing-*the anointed one* which is translated into Greek as*Christos* from whic we derive the word Chirst.

Q2:DO JEWS MASSAGE DEAD BODIES AFTER THREE DAYS?
Ans:*No*

Q3:DO MUSLIMS MASSAGE DEAD BODIES AFTER TREE DAYS?
Ans:*No*

Q4: DO CHRISTIANS MASSAGE DEAD BODIES AFTER THREE DAYS?
Ans: *No*
It is common knowlege that within three hours after death, rigor morits sets in- the breaking up of body cells- the hardening of the body.In three days the corpes starts rotting from within.If we massage such a rotting body, it will fall to pieces.

Q5: DOSE IT MAKE SENSE THAT MARY MAGDALENE WANTS TO MASSAGE A ROTTING DEAD BODY AFTER THREE DAYS?
Ans: It makes no sense,unless we confess that she was looking for a L-I-V-E Jesus, not a dead one.You will recognise this fact for yourself on analysing her reactions towards Jesus when she eventually saw throug his disguise.You see, she had seen sighns of life in that limp body when it was taken down from the cross.She was about the only women beside Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus who had given the final{?} rites to the body of Jesus.This man NICODEMUS, somehow, has been deliberately blotted out by the synoptists.The Gospel writers of Matthew,Mark,Luke are totally ignorant of this devoted and self-sacrificing disciple of Jesus His name is NOT even mentioned in the first three Gospels in ANY context. *It is difficult to avoid concluding that the omission in the synop-tic tradition of the mysterious disciple was in-tentional*, says Dr Hugh J Schonfield ,one of world`s leading Biblical scholars.

when Mary of Magdala reached the tomb, she found that the stone had already been rolled away, and the winding sheets bundled on the ledge within the sepulcher.The qustion now arises:

WHY WAS THE STONE REMOVED, AND WHY WERE THE WINDING SHEETS FOUND UNWOUND?

the answer will be in the next part....2 :confused:

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Originally posted by StogusMaximus
1. Where's the body of Jesus ?
2. Where's the body of Mohammad?

Ive read bits and pieces of the Koran,
and pretty much God was speaking through Mohammad when he said "I am the last prophet"
From what I can tell-- that quote is what the Musilams base their faith on--
if im not right about this-- please correct me
^_^
but as we all know-
Jesus is the Christ-- the Son of the Living God who ided for our sins, was raise by God, and now lives at the right hand of the throne of God
^_^

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
The answer to this lies in Matthew 28:2
And behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
His countenence was like lightening, and his rainment white as snow.
And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead: and behold, he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

And Jesus apeared unto his disciples in a way that they should not recognize him. On the street, and near the shore. He broke bread with them and showed them many things, that could not be written.

Upvote 0

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Originally posted by Soup is good food
The answer to this lies in Matthew 28:2
And behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
His countenence was like lightening, and his rainment white as snow.
And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead: and behold, he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

And Jesus apeared unto his disciples in a way that they should not recognize him. On the street, and near the shore. He broke bread with them and showed them many things, that could not be written.

AMEN!!!
Wasnt that angel Gabriel--
Jesus' angel that served Him?
^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.