Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Hallo! :wave:

I'm doing a survey and would like to know:

1)Who married their first love and are still together?

These days, many people do not believe in waiting for God's best because of the way society is now. Even well-intentioned Christians say you have to experience different relationships to find the right one/know what kind of person suits you.

Can you answer question 1) and if you have any opinions, they are welcome.

If you know any other forums (Christian/secular) in which I can conduct this survey, I would appreciate it very much if you can let me know.

Thank you,
Iffy

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Iffy!
well I didn't marry my first love, nor my second, nor my third...well you get the picture! I hope your survey goes well! I have a friend who married someone she has known since kindergarten! they had a picture taken together for Halloween when they were 5, they dressed up as a bride and a groom...and you guessed it, 25 years later...happily married...they are wonderful! Best of luck with your survey! Love and blessings to you!
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Iffy

These days, many people do not believe in waiting for God's best because of the way society is now. Even well-intentioned Christians say you have to experience different relationships to find the right one/know what kind of person suits you.

Oddly, I did, but sort of by accident. I really liked this girl in 7th grade, then I moved on and never saw her again; we never dated, kissed, or had any kind of interest in each other, but I always thought she was a wonderful girl, and I occasionally wondered what happened to her.

About ten years later, I found out, and we fell in love, and we've been together ever since. It hasn't been perfect, but it's been quite good.

Upvote 0

Brother_Joey_Gowdy

Single and Looking for a Proverbs 31 Wife
Jan 31, 2002
Visit site
✟16,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hers my story i posted a while back:

Im 21 and my love is 14... she and I are both still virgins and will remain till we marry. I am waiting on her to get out of school before we pursue the relationship- I am hopeing to marry her- my first TRUE love My cousin Jess introduced me to Crissy and we began talking and finally the day I would meet Crissy and her family came. I politley drove to the house, knocked on the door, and was welcomed in. At that time Crissy was still getting ready so her parents and I had 'the talk' if ya know what I mean-- about that time Crissy had finished getting ready and was there in the chair across from me. A few minutes passed and her paents had finished 'the talk' and walked out the Michelle. I was in shock-- neither could i take my eyes off of her, So her parents introduce me to Crissys younger sister and then she and I shook hands... (zap) we were both standing there breathless and stareing each other in the eyes... it was a picture perfect moment

Upvote 0
Hmm good question. There was someone I dated my 4years of high school who I thought was my first love. We broke up right before graduation, he was older. At 18 I met my husband and we were married by the time I turned 19. It took a few years for me to realize that my husband is my first love. The other guy? I think now that I was just learning about relationships and love, because with my husband it feels different. More solid, and the feeling of love is incredible. So yeah, I married my first love. :pink:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I'm a little concerned about the difference in your ages.

A 21 year old is an adult, but a 14 year old is still a child. She is still learning about herself and about where she fits into God's plan.

I urge you to put your relationship with this young girl on hold until she is of age.

Reactions: Yitzchak
Upvote 0

Brother_Joey_Gowdy

Single and Looking for a Proverbs 31 Wife
Jan 31, 2002
Visit site
✟16,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by lambslove
I'm a little concerned about the difference in your ages.

A 21 year old is an adult, but a 14 year old is still a child. She is still learning about herself and about where she fits into God's plan.

I urge you to put your relationship with this young girl on hold until she is of age.

This is why we are waiting till she get out of school- so she will be older, more mature (mentally as well as physically)-- so she will know what she wants- and what God wants for her :)

re-read my original post:

Heres my story i posted a while back:
Im 21 and my love is 14... she and I are both still virgins and will remain till we marry. I am waiting on her to get out of school before we pursue the relationship- I am hopeing to marry her- my first TRUE love My cousin Jess introduced me to Crissy and we began talking and finally the day I would meet Crissy and her family came. I politley drove to the house, knocked on the door, and was welcomed in. At that time Crissy was still getting ready so her parents and I had 'the talk' if ya know what I mean-- about that time Crissy had finished getting ready and was there in the chair across from me. A few minutes passed and her paents had finished 'the talk' and walked out the Michelle. I was in shock-- neither could i take my eyes off of her, So her parents introduce me to Crissys younger sister and then she and I shook hands... (zap) we were both standing there breathless and stareing each other in the eyes... it was a picture perfect moment

Any questions/concerns, please feel free to ask- i welcome all comments :)

Reactions: lovemysoldier
Upvote 0
I married my first boyfriend and first love when I was 19 years old. I met him when I was 15, we have been married 33 years this year. However, I think we were fortunate that our marriage has lasted so long. We were very young when we married and had little experience of the world. I am pleased that my daughters had other relationships before settling down with their husbands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.