Who made this a political issue and why?

Is the government requiring a mask in public going too far?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 43 86.0%

• Total voters

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Bummer, I was really hoping someone would break down the conservative philosophy that I have witnessed parts of. I think my poll options scared them away because without looking at it as comedy, it would be pretty offensive. Then it's mostly people that think the way I do that have chimed in so far so maybe they feel outnumbered and attacked.

If I try again, I will take a neutral stance and be more inviting in my OP, stressing that I don't seek to blitzkrieg anybody with my wisdom and humble benevolence. :smile:

Are you looking for why it's become a political issue?

Are you familiar with issues such as "gain of function" research. Have you heard of "Event 201" and the "Crimson Contagion" study? Do you know that the coronavirus stimulus bill began its journey through congress in January of 2019?

If you are not familiar with that scope of Covid 19; you won't understand why it's political. There are a lot of pieces and moving parts here.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Children avoid their responsibilities. Adults do what is required of them.
upload_2020-8-7_19-53-22.jpeg

images

upload_2020-8-7_19-55-12.jpeg

images

images

images

Just to say that I disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
  • Haha
Reactions: driewerf
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Are you looking for why it's become a political issue?

Are you familiar with issues such as "gain of function" research. Have you heard of "Event 201" and the "Crimson Contagion" study? Do you know that the coronavirus stimulus bill began its journey through congress in January of 2019?

If you are not familiar with that scope of Covid 19; you won't understand why it's political. There are a lot of pieces and moving parts here.
Below (in italics) is some of the information I read when I Googled the terms you posted. You are correct about what I was asking but I believe I was referring to a different aspect of the question (compliance with regs), I do want to know why not complying with the government regulations meant to slow the spread of the virus are being disregarded in conservative circles.

These studies seem to show how unprepared our government was at the onset of the outbreak but they don't give reasons what compliance is not necessary.

Forgive my ignorance but I am not understanding how the results of these studies would encourage people to not comply with the recommendations (regulations). Can you help me understand why non-compliance has become the mantra of conservative politics?

Then I am wondering what the stimulus has to do with deciding the coronavirus is either a hoax or been exaggerated. I was referring to my experience of only encountering conservatives that doubt the voraciousness to the virus or how some even doubt the legitimacy of the government regulations concerning the pandemic.

I'm not familiar with the history of the stimulus package. If you are saying the government knew this was happening and did nothing YES, that is a political issue. But I was referring to the doubts I outlined above which seem to be coming from only one political group.

Am I making the OP more confusing?

To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.

Crimson Contagion was a joint exercise conducted from January to August 2019, in which numerous national, state and local, private and public organizations in the US participated, in order to test the capacity of the federal government and twelve states to respond to a severe pandemic of influenza originating in China.

The simulation, which was conducted months prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, involves a scenario in which tourists returning from China spread a respiratory virus in the United States, beginning in Chicago. In less than two months the virus had infected 110 million Americans, killing more than half a million. The report issued at the conclusion of the exercise outlines the government's limited capacity to respond to a pandemic, with federal agencies lacking the funds, coordination, and resources to facilitate an effective response to the virus

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Below (in italics) is some of the information I read when I Googled the terms you posted. You are correct about what I was asking but I believe I was referring to a different aspect of the question (compliance with regs), I do want to know why not complying with the government regulations meant to slow the spread of the virus are being disregarded in conservative circles.

These studies seem to show how unprepared our government was at the onset of the outbreak but they don't give reasons what compliance is not necessary.

Forgive my ignorance but I am not understanding how the results of these studies would encourage people to not comply with the recommendations (regulations). Can you help me understand why non-compliance has become the mantra of conservative politics?

Then I am wondering what the stimulus has to do with deciding the coronavirus is either a hoax or been exaggerated. I was referring to my experience of only encountering conservatives that doubt the voraciousness to the virus or how some even doubt the legitimacy of the government regulations concerning the pandemic.

I'm not familiar with the history of the stimulus package. If you are saying the government knew this was happening and did nothing YES, that is a political issue. But I was referring to the doubts I outlined above which seem to be coming from only one political group.

Am I making the OP more confusing?

To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.

Crimson Contagion was a joint exercise conducted from January to August 2019, in which numerous national, state and local, private and public organizations in the US participated, in order to test the capacity of the federal government and twelve states to respond to a severe pandemic of influenza originating in China.

The simulation, which was conducted months prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, involves a scenario in which tourists returning from China spread a respiratory virus in the United States, beginning in Chicago. In less than two months the virus had infected 110 million Americans, killing more than half a million. The report issued at the conclusion of the exercise outlines the government's limited capacity to respond to a pandemic, with federal agencies lacking the funds, coordination, and resources to facilitate an effective response to the virus

OK, now that you've got that information; do you know what Q-anon is?

Q-anon has now become a world wide movement. It's based in an understanding that there is a global shadow government that is corrupt and evil. This cabal is involved in drugs and human trafficking and starting wars and pulling strings behind the scenes in the political realm to make the members of the cabal wealthier.

In the realm of Christian "theological speak" this would be the beast system described in Revelation 13 and Daniel and other places in the Scripture.

Now this cabal is real. (Scripture describes it.) It is involved in real crime and it's incredibly wicked. This cabal isn't only of the affiliation of a particular party; (Democrats in the US for example.) but the ideology behind it that attempts to destabilize societies (because a divided people are conquerable) is Marxist.

For the people who follow Q. This is where they get their perception about the virus being a hoax. This is exhastibatzd also by how Trump dealt with the virus. (Down playing it.) This served further to impress in the minds of conservative that this virus was no big deal.

Now obviously if you know anything about history and the Soviet Union and the communist regime in China etc.; you'll know that Marxist ideology tends to degrade into very destructive and oppressive totalitarian rulership.

The idea of everyone working for the good of the whole society isn't a bad one; but because of human sin, it isn't capable of producing a utopian "fair" society. The major issue is that in order for the system to function; people need to be forced to comply with it, because humans by nature won't do that. Sin makes us selfish. "What's in it for me."

Now capitalism is very good at creating wealth; but without any controls on it; it's not a fair system because it requires a ruling class to keep the system working. Communism though requires a ruling class too; but the communists don't want you to see that.

So a controlled capitalist system needs to have enough freedom for the individual to be able to have some control over their economic mobility in society; because communism doesn't encourage productivity. If the worker doesn't bear some fruit of his own labor, then he's not motivated to advance. So the system needs to provide motivation for advancement, yet make the playing field as level as possible for people. Capitalism is based on the concept that one gets as far as their motivation allows them to.

Now of course neither system is actually "functional" in this world in its purest state; because we do live in a world dominated by sin.

There is a Scriptural principle at work here "as the priest is, so are the people". Priests in the OT were the spiritual leaders of the nation and what people believe is generally largely influenced by the leaders they follow. This isn't always the case; but it is a general trend. In democratic societies; people tend to align themselves with political figures that they share the same ideology with.

So in this case; a leader plays off that a pandemic isn't as dangerous as "those people over there" are telling you it is; this is how something that's actually a health issue becomes politicized to the populous.

Now here's the clincher with Covid.

One of the questions I did ask was about what's called "gain of function" research. "Gain of function" research has to do with the question of what has to happen to pathogen X, to make it more contagious and more deadly?

Now asking the question isn't the issue. The issue arises when researchers take experiments with this question and translate them into infecting live animal models. The job of ribosomes is to correct genetic mistakes. So if you infect a live animal with a pathogen you cobbled together in a lab and it works; you've just made that pathogen "gain function" it didn't originally have. The thing gets out of a lab and BAM you have instant pandemic!

Now who is behind funding this kind of research? This is where you get into the political apparatus of nation states. Both sides tend to point the finger at each other when both sides are guilty.

So now the question becomes; who created SARS-cov2 and was it's release deliberate?

Well, looking at the evidence (these contagion exercises, the economic stimulus bill, the gain of function research) the answer is that yes humanity created this thing and it certainly appears that its release was deliberate.

Who's responsible for the release? Well, no one wants you to know that answer; and so thus the proliferation of the political infighting.

The conservatives tend to look at this as a "hoax" and the actions taken (the shut downs, the social distancing and the mask mandates) as "an experiment" to see how willing the public is to adapt to totalitarian rule. And this is why the resistance to wearing face masks.

Yet the issue here is; if it's really true that the global cabal's agenda is to reduce the world's population by at least a couple of billion people; why would they release a fake pandemic; when they can just as easily release a real one? (Which is exactly what has happened.)

Now the other factor here is plain and simple; the public's fear. People don't like their lives interrupted and how deadly is this thing really? No one has really good answers for the deadly question. That's ultimately a wait and see outcome.

And so here you are - the average citizen trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Who do you believe when no one is telling you the truth? You end up believing what you decide to believe. And if you decide to believe you don't want to be "a sheep" then you end up protesting something that is actually in your own best interest.

So we actually have two things going on here. The authorities aren't telling any of us the whole truth and the fear of the unknown is affecting the psyche of the public.

And all that equals - we have a mess.

So what does the individual do? The only thing you can do is err on the side of caution, try to find the truth and do what you can to take care of yourself.

Me personally; that's what I'm doing. I am politically conservative. I did vote for Trump. I do agree with a lot of his policies; but at this point, especially concerning information about this virus, I don't trust anyone.

The beast in Revelation 13 is certainly alive and kicking!

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Every day online I am seeing more and more people supporting the idea that we don't need to use the required preventative measures put forward by each state to slow down the covid virus.

I am posting this in the American Politics forum because the other thing I noticed is the people who are "anti-mask" have virtually all on the conservative side of politics. So that begs the question, how is this an issue of politics? It seems to me it's an issue of health and safety.

Why are only conservatives taking this stance? Why would only this demographic take a stand against HELPING society slow this virus down by masking up? How does it fulfill conservative principles to ignore all of the nonpolitical medical community's recommendations about prevention?

Children avoid their responsibilities. Adults do what is required of them. Has that been your experience or just mine?

It's a spiritual thing just like elections: you didn't notice? The purpose is to siphon energy from people who believe their systems will change because of individual or group action.

These things must happen; we have already been told of this. Politics are the "theater show" of the spirit world. It reflects what is in the heart of men.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Q-anon has now become a world wide movement. It's based in an understanding that there is a global shadow government that is corrupt and evil. This cabal is involved in drugs and human trafficking and starting wars and pulling strings behind the scenes in the political realm to make the members of the cabal wealthier.

In the realm of Christian "theological speak" this would be the beast system described in Revelation 13 and Daniel and other places in the Scripture.

Now this cabal is real. (Scripture describes it.) It is involved in real crime and it's incredibly wicked. This cabal isn't only of the affiliation of a particular party; (Democrats in the US for example.) but the ideology behind it that attempts to destabilize societies (because a divided people are conquerable) is Marxist.

For the people who follow Q. This is where they get their perception about the virus being a hoax. This is exhastibatzd also by how Trump dealt with the virus. (Down playing it.) This served further to impress in the minds of conservative that this virus was no big deal.

Now obviously if you know anything about history and the Soviet Union and the communist regime in China etc.; you'll know that Marxist ideology tends to degrade into very destructive and oppressive totalitarian rulership.

The idea of everyone working for the good of the whole society isn't a bad one; but because of human sin, it isn't capable of producing a utopian "fair" society. The major issue is that in order for the system to function; people need to be forced to comply with it, because humans by nature won't do that. Sin makes us selfish. "What's in it for me."

Now capitalism is very good at creating wealth; but without any controls on it; it's not a fair system because it requires a ruling class to keep the system working. Communism though requires a ruling class too; but the communists don't want you to see that.

So a controlled capitalist system needs to have enough freedom for the individual to be able to have some control over their economic mobility in society; because communism doesn't encourage productivity. If the worker doesn't bear some fruit of his own labor, then he's not motivated to advance. So the system needs to provide motivation for advancement, yet make the playing field as level as possible for people. Capitalism is based on the concept that one gets as far as their motivation allows them to.

Now of course neither system is actually "functional" in this world in its purest state; because we do live in a world dominated by sin.

There is a Scriptural principle at work here "as the priest is, so are the people". Priests in the OT were the spiritual leaders of the nation and what people believe is generally largely influenced by the leaders they follow. This isn't always the case; but it is a general trend. In democratic societies; people tend to align themselves with political figures that they share the same ideology with.

So in this case; a leader plays off that a pandemic isn't as dangerous as "those people over there" are telling you it is; this is how something that's actually a health issue becomes politicized to the populous.

One of the questions I did ask was about what's called "gain of function" research. "Gain of function" research has to do with the question of what has to happen to pathogen X, to make it more contagious and more deadly?

Now asking the question isn't the issue. The issue arises when researchers take experiments with this question and translate them into infecting live animal models. The job of ribosomes is to correct genetic mistakes. So if you infect a live animal with a pathogen you cobbled together in a lab and it works; you've just made that pathogen "gain function" it didn't originally have. The thing gets out of a lab and BAM you have instant pandemic!

Now who is behind funding this kind of research? This is where you get into the political apparatus of nation states. Both sides tend to point the finger at each other when both sides are guilty.

So now the question becomes; who created SARS-cov2 and was it's release deliberate?

Well, looking at the evidence (these contagion exercises, the economic stimulus bill, the gain of function research) the answer is that yes humanity created this thing and it certainly appears that its release was deliberate.

Who's responsible for the release? Well, no one wants you to know that answer; and so thus the proliferation of the political infighting.

The conservatives tend to look at this as a "hoax" and the actions taken (the shut downs, the social distancing and the mask mandates) as "an experiment" to see how willing the public is to adapt to totalitarian rule. And this is why the resistance to wearing face masks.

Yet the issue here is; if it's really true that the global cabal's agenda is to reduce the world's population by at least a couple of billion people; why would they release a fake pandemic; when they can just as easily release a real one? (Which is exactly what has happened.)

Now the other factor here is plain and simple; the public's fear. People don't like their lives interrupted and how deadly is this thing really? No one has really good answers for the deadly question. That's ultimately a wait and see outcome.

And so here you are - the average citizen trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Who do you believe when no one is telling you the truth? You end up believing what you decide to believe. And if you decide to believe you don't want to be "a sheep" then you end up protesting something that is actually in your own best interest.

So we actually have two things going on here. The authorities aren't telling any of us the whole truth and the fear of the unknown is affecting the psyche of the public.

So what does the individual do? The only thing you can do is err on the side of caution, try to find the truth and do what you can to take care of yourself.

Me personally; that's what I'm doing. I am politically conservative. I did vote for Trump. I do agree with a lot of his policies; but at this point, especially concerning information about this virus, I don't trust anyone.

Q-anon is a bunch of trolls that gullable people took seriously.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Q-anon is a bunch of trolls that gullable people took seriously.

Thank you for your opinion; but I believe Trump is connected to it because there are too many coincidence that have connected this administration to the movement and Trump has not refuted it.

Also the stuff Q has said about the "deep state" is true. And I knew that information before I ever ran into Q.

Yet the fact that Covid proved to be more than the administration made it out to be; tells me "the patriots" aint really "in control".

There's the "blue pill", the "red pill" and then there's the "black pill". "Drain the swamp" actually means "replace this set of swamp creatures over here for that set of swamp creatures over there".

It's all the same cabal.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Denialism and Conspiracy Theorism (DACT) are now of epidemic proportions. It would seem that the Illuminati have had a name change.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Denialism and Conspiracy Theorism (DACT) are now of epidemic proportions. It would seem that the Illuminati have had a name change.

Well Scripture does speak of this system and does indicate a satanic influence behind it. So I guess God too is a conspiracy theorist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every day online I am seeing more and more people supporting the idea that we don't need to use the required preventative measures put forward by each state to slow down the covid virus.

I am posting this in the American Politics forum because the other thing I noticed is the people who are "anti-mask" have virtually all on the conservative side of politics. So that begs the question, how is this an issue of politics? It seems to me it's an issue of health and safety.

Why are only conservatives taking this stance? Why would only this demographic take a stand against HELPING society slow this virus down by masking up? How does it fulfill conservative principles to ignore all of the nonpolitical medical community's recommendations about prevention?

Children avoid their responsibilities. Adults do what is required of them. Has that been your experience or just mine?

Children need to be made to do what is good for them. Adults do so voluntarily. The poll is not a reflection of what the OP is suggesting. It inquires about people's willingness to have government take responsibility for people's actions by taking charge of people's bodily integrity. It doesn't ask what an adult would do if government was not using coercion. I have no problem wearing a mask when the situation warrants it but I think government is going too far in requiring mask wearing.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "party of personal responsibility" shirked that mantle years ago. They've long since shifted towards whining about anybody imposing any rules upon them, perceiving it all as some assault on their freedoms and autonomy.

Did you not understand the meaning of "Personal Responsibility"? One that is personally responsible for one's actions will feel insulted if a government official treats one like a child. If one was for personal irresponsibility one would need government to make one do what was responsible.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 282338

This was our reality 100 years ago, and our rights didn't magically vanish. Fear mongering something that aint gonna happen when reality is pounding on our door and killingus by the scores seems to be a misdirected use of our energy...

No they slowly erode over time they do not magically vanish.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

And a resurrection from the dead, considering that the Illuminati have been defunct for almost 300 years now ;)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did you not understand the meaning of "Personal Responsibility"? One that is personally responsible for one's actions will feel insulted if a government official treats one like a child. If one was for personal irresponsibility one would need government to make one do what was responsible.

If someone refuses to comply with an incredibly basic act to help protect their fellow citizens then they deserve to be insulted and more. Acting like a spoilt child when people’s lives are at risk is totally unacceptable in any functioning society, and was never accepted in the past. This idea of absolute freedom is an incredibly recent (and self absorbed) one.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If someone refuses to comply with an incredibly basic act to help protect their fellow citizens then they deserve to be insulted and more.

That's what every dictator uses as his excuse for oppression. I wouldn't think that the use of arbitrary force--albeit accompanied by some rationalization from the rulers--would be your cup of tea.

Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your opinion; but I believe Trump is connected to it because there are too many coincidence that have connected this administration to the movement and Trump has not refuted it.

Also the stuff Q has said about the "deep state" is true. And I knew that information before I ever ran into Q.

Yet the fact that Covid proved to be more than the administration made it out to be; tells me "the patriots" aint really "in control".

There's the "blue pill", the "red pill" and then there's the "black pill". "Drain the swamp" actually means "replace this set of swamp creatures over here for that set of swamp creatures over there".

It's all the same cabal.

Oh yeah deep state, all real.....right, there is a conspiracy theory section for these inane insane theories.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

if they want to stop being treated like children they should stop acting like them.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0