• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Who made this a political issue and why?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rturner76, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

43 vote(s)
    86.0%
  1. rturner76

rturner76 The silent majority needs to wake up Supporter

+1,640
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Every day online I am seeing more and more people supporting the idea that we don't need to use the required preventative measures put forward by each state to slow down the covid virus.

I am posting this in the American Politics forum because the other thing I noticed is the people who are "anti-mask" have virtually all on the conservative side of politics. So that begs the question, how is this an issue of politics? It seems to me it's an issue of health and safety.

Why are only conservatives taking this stance? Why would only this demographic take a stand against HELPING society slow this virus down by masking up? How does it fulfill conservative principles to ignore all of the nonpolitical medical community's recommendations about prevention?

Children avoid their responsibilities. Adults do what is required of them. Has that been your experience or just mine?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela The reasoning for the seasoning

+12,484
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    The answer starts with a T.

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,818
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The "party of personal responsibility" shirked that mantle years ago. They've long since shifted towards whining about anybody imposing any rules upon them, perceiving it all as some assault on their freedoms and autonomy.

4. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+3,166
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. RushMAN

RushMAN Well-Known Member Supporter

+636
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I am pro mask and more conservative than any and hate liberalism with a passion and your poll makes people like me look like monsters.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,440
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...umm none of the above?

7. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,440
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Member

+127
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    6214018_6327.jpg

This was our reality 100 years ago, and our rights didn't magically vanish. Fear mongering something that aint gonna happen when reality is pounding on our door and killingus by the scores seems to be a misdirected use of our energy...

9. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,010
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Why add sheep in for the third option?

10. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+2,387
    Christian
    Private
    • List
  11. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Member

+127
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    • List
  12. rturner76

+1,640
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Apologies, I was they to be funny but I forgot that if you don't indicate when you are joking you look serious. Its just the yes or no part that I meant to poll. The extra was sarcasticl comedy (unsuccessful as it was)

I will try to edit the choices.

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,818
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't recall the original, unedited text, but either way, it's not the poll that's making your side look bad.

14. RushMAN

RushMAN Well-Known Member Supporter

+636
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Okay :) It is hard to tell on text :) Sorry about that

15. Isilwen

+1,010
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
  16. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Member

+127
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    I've been called worse. :D

Actually, I've been stopped in the streets and criticized for it. People don't seem to understand that the mask isn't worn out of fear of getting sick, but to keep someone from potentially spreading it.

17. Isilwen

+1,010
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    As an EMT on the front lines, I understand better than most!

18. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,494
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Visit the Freedom Cafe. For those of you who choose not to wear masks, please visit the Freedom Cafe! We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food. We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do. We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs." Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook’s right to do so. Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean. Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth. Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. rturner76

+1,640
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Brilliant! I'm copy/pasting this to Facebook

20. rturner76

+1,640
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Bummer, I was really hoping someone would break down the conservative philosophy that I have witnessed parts of. I think my poll options scared them away because without looking at it as comedy, it would be pretty offensive. Then it's mostly people that think the way I do that have chimed in so far so maybe they feel outnumbered and attacked.

If I try again, I will take a neutral stance and be more inviting in my OP, stressing that I don't seek to blitzkrieg anybody with my wisdom and humble benevolence. :smile: