squidbones

Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
✟121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Washington is nuts. You've got a desert to the east, a rain forest in the west, and Canada to the North. I know a church that helped bust up a brothel across the street, and next door to an office building that now houses the Girl Scout Headquaters. I wish I was making up that story.

Upvote 0

Cherub8

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 5, 2005
The Left Coast
✟2,016.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Washington is nuts. You've got a desert to the east, a rain forest in the west, and Canada to the North. I know a church that helped bust up a brothel across the street, and next door to an office building that now houses the Girl Scout Headquaters.
And we still don't know who the governor is!! :p Well...I know for sure it isn't Christine "Yanukovich" Gregoire...so that leaves one option.

Upvote 0

adamdavid

Apr 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Visit site
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I like Washingon... I grew up in the Portland, OR area, so I still have issues remembering that I have to pay a (dumb) sales tax... but that's okay... I live in Vancouver, and while there are things I liked more about Oregon, there are many things I like about Washington, too...

And apparently unlike most of the people around here, I'm happy with the liberal choice for governor (and yes, whether you like it or not, Christine Gregoire is our governor... you'll just have to accept that the same way liberals like me have to accept, regardless of how we would rather have had the elections turn out, the fact that Mr. George Bush is President yet again... :sigh: ... okay, not opening up that can of worms... ~tangent over~)

As much as I like my new state, however, I still have to say, GO DUCKS!!! U of O all the way... ;)

Upvote 0

Lover_of_Christ1123

Mar 11, 2005
TN
✟7,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I lived on the palouse until I was 10, now Im in TN..
My parents are in the music bizz, so Im in the music city USA, baby!..
I miss home alot tho.. All my family is there, and I miss the snow and the mountains... Haha, down here, lil hills are considered "mountains" and soda pop is called "coke", so when they ask you what coke you want, they mean what kind of pop.. lol.. Very interesting..
anyhoo.. I LOVE WA.!! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NihilistEristic

Apr 24, 2005
Washington State
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I'm from Woodland, but just recently moved to Ridgefield WA. Yeah, the gas prices are nice, eh? Pretty soon- in a couple of years, good old Washington is going to be the highest priced state for gas in the nation. Right now it's about third. Besides the nasty gas prices, Washington is- in my humble opinion of course- the best state there is. Green, wet and gorgeous.

Upvote 0

CoeGuy

Apr 26, 2005
Bremerton, WA
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I, and our two kids, moved up here about a year and a half ago from the San Francisco Bay area. Gotta say, on the whole, that we love our little neck of the woods here in Washington.

Spring is in bloom now; the trees are as majestic as ever; though we're in an urban area (Bremerton/Silverdale) we have access to our own community-supported-agriculture service, a marina not five minutes from home, a good second-tier live theater venue, the ferry ride to and from Seattle, views of the occasional killer whale in Dye's Inlet, and we'll be living next door to a Christmas Tree Farm and Steele Creek in a Christian intentional community, five minutes' drive from Costco, Home Depot, etc.

Two state parks with camping facilties within 15 minutes drive; the beautiful Hood Canal views and recreational opportunities; and close enough to get overseas for a weekend jaunt to Victoria or Vancouver, B.C.

All this for the price of admission: the "threat" of rain (it actually rains about the same amount as it did for us in California --the difference is that up here, it's grey and misty a LOT, rather than really pouring rain once in a while.

So, go hiking in the cooler weather and take a raincoat! I'll take a real change of seasons, like we get up here, anyday!

As for politics, beware of herd mentalities! As Christians we should be able to approach things with an open mind, applying the Scriptures carefully. I prefer it here, because I don't have the sense that Christian public opinion is under such tight media control; people here tend to think for themselves. That's a standard byproduct of living amidst such natural splendor, surrounded by the wonders of God's creation!

Be grateful! "I have learned to be content in all things."

Upvote 0

GasTank

On The Path----And Still Truckin'!
Nov 5, 2004
Lake Stevens, WA
✟2,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CoeGuy said:
My wife and I, and our two kids, moved up here about a year and a half ago from the San Francisco Bay area. Gotta say, on the whole, that we love our little neck of the woods here in Washington.

Spring is in bloom now; the trees are as majestic as ever; though we're in an urban area (Bremerton/Silverdale) we have access to our own community-supported-agriculture service, a marina not five minutes from home, a good second-tier live theater venue, the ferry ride to and from Seattle, views of the occasional killer whale in Dye's Inlet, and we'll be living next door to a Christmas Tree Farm and Steele Creek in a Christian intentional community, five minutes' drive from Costco, Home Depot, etc.

Two state parks with camping facilties within 15 minutes drive; the beautiful Hood Canal views and recreational opportunities; and close enough to get overseas for a weekend jaunt to Victoria or Vancouver, B.C.

All this for the price of admission: the "threat" of rain (it actually rains about the same amount as it did for us in California --the difference is that up here, it's grey and misty a LOT, rather than really pouring rain once in a while.

So, go hiking in the cooler weather and take a raincoat! I'll take a real change of seasons, like we get up here, anyday!

As for politics, beware of herd mentalities! As Christians we should be able to approach things with an open mind, applying the Scriptures carefully. I prefer it here, because I don't have the sense that Christian public opinion is under such tight media control; people here tend to think for themselves. That's a standard byproduct of living amidst such natural splendor, surrounded by the wonders of God's creation!

Be grateful! "I have learned to be content in all things."

What city do you live in? I live in Lake Stevens.

Upvote 0

Jeffreycentex

Dec 25, 2004
New Braunfels, TX
✟233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been up there 4 times and have convinced myself to move to WA (or northern OR) one of these years for the following reasons:

1. The weather... I actually would enjoy the rain. But I would like the more temperate temperatures even more (especially compared to Texas where it can get so hot that it can melt your shoes).

2. The trees.. I love the evergreens... They put our small oaks and cedars to shame...

3. Cleaner Air (allergy/mold-wise)... I live in the allergy and mold capital of the US - Central Texas. After each trip up to Seattle/Bellingham/Portland, my allergies disappeared after two days and never returned for the remaining 3~5 weeks of each trip.

4. The outdoors... It is actually possible to be outdoors in summer (see point # 1 above).

5. Higher pay... I would get a much higher pay when compared to cost of living (even in Seattle)...

Only thing that sucks is housing prices... They are about 3 times than what they are in Texas... Still, much cheaper than CA or AZ...

Upvote 0