✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justifieth the Ungodly ! 3

Justification by Faith is that conscious Justification, a Spiritual Knowledge of it,now in the sight of God. This Knowledge is conveyed to the Spiritually renewed mind by the Gospel as it reveals to their God Given Faith the Righteousness of God that has been Imputed to them Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

God gives His People knowledge of Salvation [ Justification, Forgiveness, Redemption] Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And that's where Justification by Faith commences, when that Knowledge is Given of our Salvation. See Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Spirit then enlightens our renewed understanding as we see Christ has given full satisfaction for our sins, having been made sin for us or Christ die for our sins 1 Cor 15:3

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

That Christ died for our sins, is the same as " being made sin for us "

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remission of sins means Justification !

When does those Christ died for have remission of sins before God's Law and Justice ? Yes its before they believe or have Faith. Remission of sins is secured for all whom Christ died by the Blood of Christ, and that alone. Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Christ's blood shed gives the many " remission of sins' !

Heb 9:22

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

That word remission also is translated forgiveness . Its the greek word aphesis and means:

release from bondage or imprisonment

2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

Also deliverance and liberty.

The Justification aspect of it is remission of the penalty of ones sins.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

They had remission or forgiveness of sins through His Blood and according to the Riches Grace. This had nothing to do with what they did.

Now forgiveness = Acquittal = Vindication= Justification !

This forgiveness is letting the subject go from the guilt of their sins as though the had not committed anything.

Now when Jesus rose from the dead for those He died for it was said to be because of their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Now the word for Justification is the greek word dikaiōsis:

the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

That's the Forgiveness aspect of Justification, those Christ died for and because of His Blood,has freed them from Guilt Legally before God, and that's their Justification before God, apart from anything they said or did or even knew about in their dead state.

One Gospel writer wrote by the name of John Johnson:

Remission of Sins: Remission of Sins is to be considered judicially; as it is a legal acquittance in the court of God’s justice; or the judicial sentence, whereby the sinner is pronounced righteous, his person justified, his sins remitted, and himself acquitted from all indictment, charge, guilt or condemnation in the sight of God a consequence of the full atonement, and ample satisfaction made by the blood of Christ.

Hence because of this Remission of sins should be preached in His Name ! Lk 24:47

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

He has already accomplished the Remission of their sins or their Justification, and its to be preached to them in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Now to deny this Truth is to deny the Blood of Christ and its accomplishment on behalf of the Many Matt 26:28 ! 7

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remission of sins means Justification ! 2

All for whom Christ died, they have been forgiven of all sins, none are even imputed to them by God. 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

This[Non Imputation] is joined with forgiveness Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.2 Cor 5:19

Since this is True, they are free from the penalty of sin which is death.For death is the wages for sin imputed or charged. Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But if God does not impute sin Rom 4:8 upon a person or persons, then they are released from that penalty of death. Where no penalty of sin death exists, life must be granted, hence Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

All men whom Christ died for, released them from penalty of Death, do have Eternal Life charged to them. Jn 10:27-28

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

That word give as in give eternal life, it is the greek word didōmi which means to:

to give

2) to give something to someone

a) of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage

1) to bestow a gift

Remember Eternal Life is a Gift given through Jesus Christ Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Gift is bestowed or given because through Jesus Christ death, they are forgiven of all sins, none can be imputed to them Rom 4:8

So Eternal Life is bestowed or given. The word bestowed means to impart . This Gift of Eternal Life is given or bestowed or imparted by New Birth from out of the dead Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

That word quickened means :

to make one alive together,to produce alive, begat or bear living young

2) to cause to live, make alive, give life

And that Life given in quickening is Eternal Life from Jesus Christ ! That's because of Justification of life and Remission of sins through His Blood alone !

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thanks is to God, then, in any case. God is the One who has saved us . . . through Jesus. So, the glory and the credit are purely to God through Jesus.

Possibly, this is the main point, the main meaning, of a lot of things the Bible says about justification. We are wise not to boast what we have done.

"But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered." (Romans 6:10)

Oh . . . so, then, there is obeying in the process. But God is to be thanked, I see from this - - - thanked for how we obeyed > "from the heart".

Well, Jeremiah 17:9 says >

"'The heart is deceitful above all things,
. And desperately wicked;
. Who can know it?'"

. . . . . . . . (Jeremiah 17:9)

I doubt that we obeyed from a desperately wicked heart. But God changed our hearts to become obedient, I would say, to give credit and thanks to Him.

What did obeying include? Ones are told to believe, to trust in Christ.

"we who first trusted in Christ" > in Ephesians 1:12.

So, there is trusting and obeying, I would say, but the way our God and Father has us doing this.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent me draws him," Jesus says in John 6:44.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (in John 6:29)

"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit," (Titus 3:5)

So, from this I see that God inside us affected us so we became renewed to become obedient in our hearts. God did not only sit on the throne and declare us righteous and forgiven, but in us He personally has changed us from how we were in sin > we have been turned "from darkness to light, from the power of Satan to God," Jesus says to Paul in Acts 26:18, "that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

So, I see that God does His personal work in the heart of a person who comes to Jesus and trusts in Christ. And we have 1 Corinthians 6:17 >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

So, I see how our Father draws someone to Jesus, then joins him or her to Christ so he or she is actually "one spirit with" Jesus. So, this is very personal, so intimate, not only being declared because we have believed something or said a prayer, but we need submitting to Jesus.

We need learning and obeying, in our trusting Jesus >

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

So, this is personal. Jesus calls us to Himself, and He wants us to have His "yoke" on us . . . actual connection with Jesus, by means of His own "yoke". In this "yoke" we are in personal connection with Jesus and His communication and guiding of us. So, what is this "yoke"? I consider this is what faith is . . . actual connection with God so each of us is "one spirit with Him". And in this union, of faith, God affects our character, renewing our hearts like Titus 3:5 possibly means, in my opinion. This means, then, possibly . . . "faith working through love" > Galatians 5:6. And so, if this is more or less correct, then faith is not alone but there is the working of God's own grace . . . of God's renewing action creating excellence of love in us, with faith being our connection so the Holy Spirit's renewing affects our character.

And so, yes, I would say justification gets this started. Then sanctification changes us to mature to become and to love like Jesus in us has us becoming and loving . . . in sharing with Him growing in us as our new inner Person, could we say? After all, Paul does say >

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you," (Galatians 4:19)

So, we have "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (in Colossians 1:27) right inside of us to change us to how He is and loves. And in this process we have "faith working through love" > in Galatians 5:6. So, our faith does not work by itself, but "through love". I see how faith has us in union with God so His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5) works in us. And so we are "sanctified through faith in Me," as Jesus means, I would say, in Acts 26:18.

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, we are not only declared our guarantee of Heaven, but His love in us has us prepared "that we may have boldness in the day of judgment". And this is thanks to God . . . and how He alone is able to correct us > Hebrews 12:4-14.

His love in us changes us to become "as He is", even right "in the midst of" this world's "crooked and perverse generation" > see and feed on Philippians 2:13-16.

So, God in us succeeds >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

But yes there has been imputation and declaration while God also has been busy right inside of us :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justified before believing and why ?3

Why are all for whom Christ died Justified before God prior to their believing the Gospel ? Yes, Justified solely upon the merits of Christ death alone ! One of the reasons is because of the forgiveness of sins. All for whom He died are forgiven of their sins, purged away they have been.

Ps 65:3

Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

Ps 79:9

Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

Christ is the answer to this Great Blessing of Salvation Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

You see that ? He Himself purged our sins, and afterward sat down on the Right Hand of God. This applies to everyone Christ died for, without them doing or believing a thing.

Now this word purged in Heb 1:3 is the greek word katharismos:

cleansing, purifying, purification, literal, ceremonial, or moral; met: expiation.

a cleansing, purification, a ritual purgation or washing

a) of the washing of the Jews before and after their meals

b) of levitical purification of women after childbirth

c) a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

In the Heb 1:3 verse it means c) a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

So this purging or purification made by Christ through His Blood is purged from the guilt and the penalty of our sins if He died for us.

Yes, Christ's Blood alone discharged us from Guilt and the Penalty of Sin.

In case we did not know, Salvation is freedom from the guilt of sin, at least an aspect of it. Our English word Salvation means:

the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.

the state of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.

a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.

Theology . deliverance from the power and penalty of sin; redemption.

And everyone Christ died for are delivered from the penalty of sin !

This purging from sin Heb 1:3 is a purging from the guilt and penalty of sin = Forgiveness through His Blood is another way of saying it or defining it Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

This word forgiveness means:

forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

That's right, those who are forgiven of their sins, the penalty gone, then they stand before God as though they never sinned, because of Christ. They are guiltless and sinless before God's Law and Justice, and that constitutes Justification before God without them believing, but solely by Christ's Death alone !

The satisfaction that Christ's Blood provided to God's Law and Justice for the sins of those He died for, makes it as all of their sins, trespasses, offenses, iniquities, You name it, Christ's Blood makes it so they No Longer exist against God's Law, Justification !

Our English word Justification in theology means:

the act of God whereby humankind is made or accounted just, or free from guilt or penalty of sin.

However, all Human Kind is Justified before God and free from guilt and penalty of sin. Many shall die in their sins Jn 8:24 !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thanks is to God, then, in any case. God is the One who has saved us . . . through Jesus. So, the glory and the credit are purely to God through Jesus.

Possibly, this is the main point, the main meaning, of a lot of things the Bible says about justification. We are wise not to boast what we have done.

"But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered." (Romans 6:10)

Oh . . . so, then, there is obeying in the process. But God is to be thanked, I see from this - - - thanked for how we obeyed > "from the heart".

Well, Jeremiah 17:9 says >

"'The heart is deceitful above all things,
. And desperately wicked;
. Who can know it?'"

. . . . . . . . (Jeremiah 17:9)

I doubt that we obeyed from a desperately wicked heart. But God changed our hearts to become obedient, I would say, to give credit and thanks to Him.

What did obeying include? Ones are told to believe, to trust in Christ.

"we who first trusted in Christ" > in Ephesians 1:12.

So, there is trusting and obeying, I would say, but the way our God and Father has us doing this.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent me draws him," Jesus says in John 6:44.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (in John 6:29)

"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit," (Titus 3:5)

So, from this I see that God inside us affected us so we became renewed to become obedient in our hearts. God did not only sit on the throne and declare us righteous and forgiven, but in us He personally has changed us from how we were in sin > we have been turned "from darkness to light, from the power of Satan to God," Jesus says to Paul in Acts 26:18, "that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

So, I see that God does His personal work in the heart of a person who comes to Jesus and trusts in Christ. And we have 1 Corinthians 6:17 >

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

So, I see how our Father draws someone to Jesus, then joins him or her to Christ so he or she is actually "one spirit with" Jesus. So, this is very personal, so intimate, not only being declared because we have believed something or said a prayer, but we need submitting to Jesus.

We need learning and obeying, in our trusting Jesus >

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

So, this is personal. Jesus calls us to Himself, and He wants us to have His "yoke" on us . . . actual connection with Jesus, by means of His own "yoke". In this "yoke" we are in personal connection with Jesus and His communication and guiding of us. So, what is this "yoke"? I consider this is what faith is . . . actual connection with God so each of us is "one spirit with Him". And in this union, of faith, God affects our character, renewing our hearts like Titus 3:5 possibly means, in my opinion. This means, then, possibly . . . "faith working through love" > Galatians 5:6. And so, if this is more or less correct, then faith is not alone but there is the working of God's own grace . . . of God's renewing action creating excellence of love in us, with faith being our connection so the Holy Spirit's renewing affects our character.

And so, yes, I would say justification gets this started. Then sanctification changes us to mature to become and to love like Jesus in us has us becoming and loving . . . in sharing with Him growing in us as our new inner Person, could we say? After all, Paul does say >

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you," (Galatians 4:19)

So, we have "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (in Colossians 1:27) right inside of us to change us to how He is and loves. And in this process we have "faith working through love" > in Galatians 5:6. So, our faith does not work by itself, but "through love". I see how faith has us in union with God so His love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5) works in us. And so we are "sanctified through faith in Me," as Jesus means, I would say, in Acts 26:18.

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, we are not only declared our guarantee of Heaven, but His love in us has us prepared "that we may have boldness in the day of judgment". And this is thanks to God . . . and how He alone is able to correct us > Hebrews 12:4-14.

His love in us changes us to become "as He is", even right "in the midst of" this world's "crooked and perverse generation" > see and feed on Philippians 2:13-16.

So, God in us succeeds >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

But yes there has been imputation and declaration while God also has been busy right inside of us :)
So do you believe a person Christ died for is Justified before God based on that, even while they are ungodly and before they believe ? Yes or No Thanks

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God Justifeth the Ungodly !

Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

This is True, but not all who are ungodly, but only for those ungodly ones Christ died for the Elect.

Rom 5:6

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

And this is True of the Ungodly that Christ died for, that they were Justified while being Ungodly, because they were Justified by Christ's Blood Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Yes by nature the Elect they are just like other men, ungodly law breakers, guilty sinners,but they are made just solely by the obedience / blood of Christ Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So basically Rom 5:9 and Vs 19b teach the same thing, Justification / made Righteous solely by the obedience / blood of Christ !

By His Death alone, those He died for, have been cleared of all charges, acquitted of all accusations the Law could charge them with, hence free from all Divine Condemnation Rom 8:33-34, and all this while being Ungodly, sinners, and enemies !127

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justification by Grace Alone !

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Its this Truth, not Justification by Faith alone, but Justification by Grace alone that is the foundation of the Gospel Preaching. Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

That word freely means undeservedly,and not until this Truth is testified to faithfully, no Gospel of God's Grace has been preached and believed.

Yes being freely Justified by His Election of Grace Rom 11:5-7, apart from anything done by the sinner, not his faith, repentance, accepting a gift, nothing done or determined by man !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ resurrection declares Justification !

The Lord Jesus Christ in His Resurrection from the dead declares those He died for Justified before they themselves believe. Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

25 Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification (our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God].AMP

25 Jesus was ·given to die [handed/delivered over; 8:32] ·for [because of] our ·sins [violations; transgressions], and he was raised from the dead ·to make us right with God [for our justification; or to confirm our justification].EXB

Now the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head of His Church which is comprised of both OT and NT Believers, the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29, He was made to be sin for them, or was delivered for their offences, and punished for them to complete satisfaction of Divine Justice, then as He arose from the dead, it [The Resurrection] declared them Justified and it is finished and accomplished for them. He Himself was Justified from all sin [That had been laid upon Him] and so they as His Body, He as their Head, were also Justified in Him Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

But with the Lord’s help, the ·people [descendants; offspring; seed] of Israel
will be ·found to be good [justified; vindicated; or victorious],
and they will ·praise [boast/glory in] him.EXB

Isa 45:25

In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified,.... All the spiritual Israel of God, whether Jews or Gentiles; all the spiritual seed and offspring of Christ, to whom he stands in the relation of the, everlasting Father and federal Head; these being given to him, and being in him, are justified in him from all things; and these, all and everyone, shall be brought to see their need of his righteousness, and look to him for it, and receive it from him by faith; and be manifestatively justified in their own consciences, as they will be openly at the bar of God, before angels and men, hereafter. The Targum is,

""in" or by the Word of the Lord all the seed of Israel shall be justified:'

and shall glory; in Christ, as the Lord their righteousness; not in themselves, in their own righteousness, holiness, wisdom, and strength, but in this, that Christ is made to them wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption, 1 Corinthians 1:30.John Gill

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So do you believe a person Christ died for is Justified before God based on that, even while they are ungodly and before they believe ? Yes or No Thanks
no

Because when the person ungodly is justified, he or she becomes a child of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All for whom Christ died are Justified before God by His Death alone, because by His death for them, His blood shed for them,which is the same as His death for them, it makes them Holy, and if Holy, then Justified, and this is true because of this Truth Heb 13:12

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered [died] without the gate.

This word sanctify means :

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Notice ALSO that His Death ensures their renewing of the soul, which is this Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

But the writer of Hebrews here in Heb 13:12 means:

"the expiation of the guilt of sin, which Christ has fully took away; complete pardon being procured, and a perfect righteousness brought in:"

All for whom He died are freed/Justified from sin by His Body Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead [with Christ] is freed from sin.

This word freed means:

to render righteous or such he ought to be

2) to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

3) to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

All for whom Christ died is dead . In fact, in the greek it reads " having died"

That occurred [having died] when He died for all 2 Cor 5:14

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

The greek reads " then all died"

2 Cor 5:14

14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;

Its the same principle, as when adam died, all for whom He represented died, and so all for whom Christ represented, when He died, they died.

And this being the case, they are freed or Justified from sin. That is what His Resurrection declares of all for whom offences He died Rom 4:25

So Rom 4:25 here and Rom 6:7 teach the same thing, Justification before God from all sin by Christ's Death alone !

This also is the same as was prophesied to occur based upon His Covenant Death Lk 1:74-75

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Also Heb 10:10 confirms that Christ's Death alone Sanctified forever, all those He was delivered in behalf of !

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul7

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justified before believing.

That those who Christ died for are Justified before God before believing in Him is seen here in Paul's words Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

That Justifieth the ungodly is in the present tense, they are in a state of ungodliness, also the definite article precedes the ungodly, so its the whole of the elect, all whom Christ died for, being Justified by His death while they are being ungodly or in a lost state.

And its no where in scripture where the believer in Christ is stated to be the ungodly or in a ungodly state.

Oh Yes they are noted as being ungodly before they believe as when it is said that Christ died for the Ungodly before they believed Rom 5:6

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

It was Christ's Death itself, that Justified them, while they were ungodly in themselves, because He bare their sins Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

And after that [bearing their sins] He was raised from the dead, which Resurrection declared He and them because of it, Justified before God, Rom 4:25

Hence, His dying for the Ungodly Rom 5:6, the resurrection says that dying for them declared them Justified in Him that bare their sins; And ones act of believing had nothing to do with God raising Christ from the dead, Justifying Him from bearing our sins.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justified before believing 2

Hence, His dying for the Ungodly Rom 5:6, the resurrection says that dying for them declared them Justified in Him that bare their sins; And ones act of believing had nothing to do with God raising Christ from the dead, Justifying Him from bearing our sins.

Also we know that those Christ died for are Justified[before God's law and Justice] before they believe, by His Death alone, because they are at the same time, by Christ's death alone, reconciled to God even while they themselves by nature are enemies. Rom 5:10 ! The word enemies is the greek word"echthros" opposing (God) in the mind, as in Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

At that time believers were unbelievers, however even then as unbelievers they were reconciled to God. That word reconciled katallassō means return to favour with, be reconciled to one

c) to receive one into favour

So understand, because of Christ's Death for those He died for, even while they are in a state of opposing God in their minds with and by wicked works, they have been by God, because of Christ's Death for them, received into His Divine Favour, He is 100% placated in regards to them. He is on a friendly relations with them while they oppose Him and are being unbelievers. How can such then not also be Justified while they are being Ungodly ? They are in the Favor of God !

That word favour means:

to prefer; treat with partiality: The father favored his younger son.

God because of Christ, treats those Christ died for with partiality, with preferential treatment, because others whom Christ did not die for, while they are in unbelief and being enemies, they are already condemned Jn 3:18 and His wrath is abiding on them Jn 3:36 and such have not been received into the favour of God by Christ's Death.

All for whom Christ died were Justified before God with Christ, their Shepherd when He rose from the dead with God being at peace with Him for us Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Yes, when Christ was brought again from the dead after having died for His Sheep Jn 10:15, God was at peace with Him and His Sheep whom He died for, Hence " The God of Peace" Because He is at peace and reconciled to His Sheep by the Death and blood of their Shepherd.

We know this denotes His and their Justification because of Rom 4:25

25 Who[The Shepherd] was delivered for our[The Sheep's] offences, and was raised again for our[The Sheep's] justification.

Hence they [the Sheep] were Justified before they believed.

Now Paul stated the Justification of the Elect or Sheep by God based upon Two premiss:

Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

#1 premise " It is Christ that died " So His Death and #2 He is risen again !

Christ dying and who was raised [ because of our Justification] and this is the basis of His Present intercession !8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many of the opponents of the Truth of Justification before God before Faith or believing, they appeal to such scriptures that indicate that one is Justified by Faith or through Faith similar to Rom 3:30

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

or Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

However as those scriptures are True, those who believe are Justified by Faith, yet no matter how true that may be, it does not contradict nor deny Justification before God, based on the merits of Christ alone, before Faith or before believing. They are mere different aspects of the same Justification to be considered and believed; The Fact of the matter is this, before one can be Justified by Faith which is Justification being declared as True to us by the Gospel, Justification before God had to have existed before that declaration can be given to God given Faith.

Yes, believers are Justified by Faith Rom 5:1 since their Justification has been revealed to them and they now embrace it consciously, but their receiving it consciously is not the Act of God Justifying them before His Mind.

If a King legally acquits a prisoner on Tuesday, and the prisoner receives the good news of the acquittal that following Friday, his receiving it had no bearing on what occurred on Tuesday, he just received the good news of it in his own mind and heart later on that Friday ! Upon his receiving that good news, he becomes acquitted by Faith, he believes in or rests in the message of the good news brought to him by the Kings messenger !7

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why Justifcation by Faith ?

Those who are Justified before Faith before God, based upon The Divine Purpose which includes the blood of Christ in covenant, slain from the foundation Rev 13:8, foreknown before the world began 1 Pet 1:20, based on the blood of the everlasting covenant Heb 13:20. They all shall be Justified by Faith in time at their call by the Gospel Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Its at this Call they do receive a sense and knowledge of it [Justification], they now know themselves Justified in their consciousness to be Justified before God through Spirit wrought Faith 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

For Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, and men do not have it [Justifying Faith] by Nature; and men by nature [even the elect] have no way of knowing of such a spiritual blessing as Justification before God until they capacitated by the fruit of Faith from the Spirit, and only to those is the Gospel sent to reveal this Justification / Righteousness to Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This Righteousness revealed to Faith is the basis of their Justification before God.

So its only proper in the arrangement of Salvation in the Dine Purpose, that those Justified before Faith, are Justified by Faith or through Faith knowingly and consciously. For what comfort or peace can come from it [Justification before God] if its never made known to the one who is. For Justification by Faith is the beginning of the assurance of Faith Heb 10:22

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Without Justification by Faith there would be no Joy and Peace in Believing Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Justified/Righteous World of 2 Cor 5:19 !

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 is a Justified World ! Now why is this True ? Because they must be already, [in the reckoning of God] declared Righteous or Just in order for God not to impute or charge sin upon them, For God will not in no wise clear the guilty Ex 34:7

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Now that word clear is the hebrew word naqah and means:

) to be empty, be clear, be pure, be free, be innocent, be desolate, be cut off

a) (Qal) to be empty, be clean, be pure

b) (Niphal)

1) to be cleaned out, be purged out

2) to be clean, be free from guilt, be innocent

3) to be free, be exempt from punishment

4) to be free, be exempt from obligation

c) (Piel)

1) to hold innocent, acquit

2) to leave unpunished

It also means acquit as here Job 10:14; Nahum 1:3

3 The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

But non imputation of sin is acquittal . The Non Imputation of Trespasses = the forgiveness of them Col 2:13

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Yes, those are the same trespasses that God did not lay to their charge 2 Cor 5:19

So those God does not charge with sin, cannot be in His estimation guilty of sin, but on the contrary He must see them as Righteous. In other words, non imputation of sin presupposes Imputation of Righteousness,and so its demonstrated here in the Gospel of Romans 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Thats what 2 Cor 5:19 is about, men of that world to whom the Lord will not impute sin or trespasses.

Here it is clearly stated, God accounting one Righteous apart from works [anything they did] is the foundation for His forgiveness and pardon of sin, and He will not impute it or charge it against them legally.

They are not imputed because they are forgiven, because they were afore Righteous.

Now how is this ? Its because they were chosen in Jesus Christ the Righteous before the foundation Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

See 1 Jn 2:1 !

They already before the foundation had Christ's Righteousness imputed or charged to them, being in Him by Election.

So their trespasses in time beginning in Adam and also their own, were not charged to them, not imputed to them. It began with Adam Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

That word offence in the original is the very same word for trespass and the same word in Col 2:13 were all trespasses have been forgiven ! That includes the very first one in Adam, it was not charged or imputed to them legally, being in Christ already !

In Election God put them in Christ 1 Cor 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

And being in Him, God already made Him unto them Righteousness !

So it is, the Elect World in Christ, that sinned or trespassed in Adam, God does not impute their trespasses unto them. Thats why Paul says right before 2 Cor 5:19,He writes this 2 Cor 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Being in Christ began for them before the foundation Eph 1:4 and Grace was given them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom 5:21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Grace reigned to the Elect because of Christ's Righteousness, which was also Imputed to them in Him by Election !

With that in Mind, we know that #1 The world in 2 Cor 5:19 cannot possible be all mankind without exception, and #2, Believers are Justified or declared Righteous before God before they believe, in fact before they are even born sinners.7

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justified by Grace !

That those Christ died for, are Justified before God, by His redeeming death alone, apart from their faith , their believing, or any Gospel obedience whatsover, and while they are still being ungodly Rom 4:5, it is confirmed by this Truth right here Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through[on the account of] the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

NOG:

24 They receive God’s approval freely by an act of his kindness through the price Christ Yeshua paid to set us free from sin.

Basically what this means, God accepts all those Christ died for as Righteous, a Gracious Gift, simply on the basis of Christ Paying the ransom.

That's being Justified by Grace, a Free Gift, not offered, not made available, but a Divine Reckoning in the Mind of God for us Rom 8:31-34

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

God does not lay any charge against them for whom Christ paid the ransom for, and that's Justification for them freely because of the Redemption in Christ Jesus !

The redemption is His Blood payment, as a result of His Offering Himself in their stead and behalf, to satisfy God's Law and Justice against all their sins they sinned against His Law. God has nothing to charge them with, they are totally forgiven through His Blood Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Remission of sins is the result of the shedding of the blood ! Remission means:

a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

It s a setting free of sin, a Justification, being made free from sin as in Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

That word freed[dikaioō] means :

to render righteous or such he ought to be

2) to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

3) to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

It can read:

for he that hath died is justified from sin.

7 For someone who has died has been cleared from sin.

They died in the Head, the Lord Jesus Christ. They died in Him Representativley in the same way they died representatively in Adam Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

All for whom Christ died, they died with Him, Paul concludes that here 2 Cor 5:14

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:or

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died;ASV

So that's why Paul writes Rom 6:7

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Having died [with Christ] they have been Justified from sin !

Eph 1:7

This is actually the same thing Paul writes in Rom 3:24, except He emphasizes forgiveness of sins for Justification or being Justified by His Grace through Redemption.

Eph 1:7 Jesus Christ has given his blood [died] to make us free. He has forgiven us for our wrong ways. We have been put right with God freely because of his great kindness.WEB

Now this Justification by Grace has absolutely nothing to do with anything the benefactors did, thought or said, in fact in regards to them it [Justification] was without cause and it was undeserved It is solely based upon Christ's Death/ Blood shed for them.

That's why Paul says later that Christ was raised again for our Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification (our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God].

Why ? Because of the redemption through His Blood ! So being Justified by His Grace freely through redemption, is not the same as being Justified by Faith, unless we do mean by faith, Christ's Faithfulness in shedding His Blood !7

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justified before Faith and why !

Justified before believing and why ? Its so because, its by means of the act of another, that other is Christ Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now why are those Christ died for Justified or made Righteous before God before they believe ? Its because they were prior to condemned by the act of Adam, acting as their head and representative, and so when he sinned in that capacity [as their Head /Representative], God imputed condemnation upon all men that he did represent Rom 5:18a, for they [the all men] did not at that time have an actual existence, and so its not an act of theirs [personally] that resulted in the passing of Judgment of condemnation upon them.

Now it is true that the condemnation incurred as per Rom 5:18a by the sin of Adam does become sensibly realized when by the Spirit we are convinced of sin [sinnership], however we were condemned prior to being made sensible to it, by the act of another Adam ; AND so likewise, it is true that the Justification given us in Christ Our Head and Representative, is revealed to God given Faith, however we were Justified by the act of another [Christ] before the sensible realization of it is given though Faith !

Now Adam was a figure/type of Him that was to come [Christ] who came also in a Covenant Head/ Representative Capacity, and scripture tells us that by His act or doing or obedience [Vs 18], that all those He represented, the Judgment and sentence of God passed upon them because of it, is that they are made or declared Righteous and given Justification of life, and this as with the figure Adam, even before they He represented had any being or physical 8 existence, Rom 5:18-19.

Upvote 0