Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep. I could have ignored your comment or doubled down on it or tried to misdirect, but instead I posted an apology without qualification...and you still doubt it.

To be fair, you essentially apologized for a word flub--not your overall behavior. And now, you act as if you're entitled to some kind of pat on the back for showing some decency and acting in the manner you ought to have from the start? That's not how it works. OP was civilized and well-reasoned with their reply and let you know upfront about their reservations...which, given the following remark, was probably for good reason;

You follow a religion which has forgiveness as its central tenet and you are incapable of it.

How do you know what OP is and is not capable of? You must misunderstand the meaning of forgiveness; to forgive means to make the conscious choice to not hold negative feelings towards someone, typically feelings of resentment or vengeance. Forgiveness is not a free pass to act as though nothing happened, in fact, forgiveness doesn't even need an apology to happen. Furthermore, the onus is on the guilty party to prove that their apology is genuine by their actions following the situation; those who were affected by said guilty party have every right to remain skeptical until then.

Have a nice day, you also wont be hearing from me again.

Adios.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As a christian I don't mind there being a World Health Organisation which seeks to monitor spread of viruses and give balanced advice. It would seem to be indispensible in an era of global travel. I still think each country should have its own medical service though and its own self-determination in responce to epidemics and not be in a situation of only following orders in medical issues.

By comparison with the WHO, I am much less fond of the way the UN has acted on occasions. Things however can change with new leadership. This organisation (the WHO) even while secular exists under the Providence of God. We should pray earnestly to the Lord to cleanse out any corruption, but we must not pray to God merely to act to further our own agendas for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,472.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
As a christian I don't mind there being a World Health Organisation which seeks to monitor spread of viruses and give balanced advice. It would seem to be indispensible in an era of global travel. I still think each country should have its own medical service though and its own self-determination in responce to epidemics and not be in a situation of only following orders in medical issues.

By comparison with the WHO, I am much less fond of the way the UN has acted on occasions. Things however can change with new leadership. This organisation (the WHO) even while secular exists under the Providence of God. We should pray earnestly to the Lord to cleanse out any corruption, but we must not pray to God merely to act to further our own agendas for it.

I agree with you each nation should have their own respective measures to handle epidemic and pandemic. I would also agree with you that WHO is indispensable in a globalized world.

That is why I'm so disappointed by the actions of WHO lately which I see as advocating the talking points and interest of one member of the UN Veto power. In a time of crisis WHO should be above politics and serve all mankind.

WHO's action seem to be guided towards a certain direction I believe is obvious to any observer. I'm not saying they are totally incompetent however certain of their actions especially during the beginning of the epidemic - now pandemic is partly the contributing factor to what all of us are facing now. Not going to sugar coat that. Although I acknowledge each country should have done their part as well.

It's just how WHO evaded the Taiwan question and later cheap explanation were the last straw for me. I just want to let people know my opinions about WHO. I do pray once we overcome this crisis WHO leadership must be made accountable.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

First was their slow action to declare it a pandemic. Advising nations to not initiate travel bans and telling them to act based on facts which I may add is faulty facts.

Then come the heap of praises on how China dealt with the situation and throwing shade at other countries saying their medical system will be overwhelmed. With Bruce Aylward saying if he got corona virus he wants to be treated in China.

Now a total avoidance of question regarding Taiwan membership in WHO. Despite the impressive numbers Taiwan is achieving with corona virus. His actions are un-befitting of any person given so high a position.

If I don't see it with my own eyes and hear with my own ears I would have never believe it.

WHO is corrupted to the core by politics and the world should be worried. Our lives are in the line.

I think those looking to blame someone other than their own countries chosen leadership are trying to shift it to the WHO.

Upvote 0